As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PbP] [Pandemic] - Game 20 - Game Over - Terrific Trio Take Down Trouble

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Sounds good to me. We also have enought to cure yellow but thats a little harder to pull off.

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    I like that plan as well.

• Options
    KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    I think for whatever the next cure is needed - I morph someone into a scientist and we just smash it.

Treat Washington X 2. Discard Moscow to travel there. Treat Moscow X 2

@stever777‌

• Options
    I already am one?

• Options
    But now you'll be a double scientist with that good old-fashioned two-fisted action science on tap! :biggrin:

• Options
    Heh, Researcher then. I always confuse the two.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    @Kaneski
    You drew Ho Chi Minh City & "One Quiet Night" Special (Skip Next Infector Phase.) for your Player card draws.
    Would you like to play the Special?

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    @stever777 Negative. Continue destroying the world!

• Options
    @Kirindal - Dispatcher Turn
    z6xqna6okx0i.png
    Roles, current hand sizes & cards -
    Kaneski - Generalist (7/7) - Atlanta; Khartoum; Jakarta; Hong Kong; Ho Chi Minh City; "New Assignment" Special (Any player may discard their current role and select one from the remaining roles.); "One Quiet Night" Special (Skip Next Infector Phase.)
    Kirindal - Dispatcher (6/7) - Chicago; St. Petersburg; Sao Paulo; Buenos Aires; Cairo; Riyadh
    JusticeforPluto - Scientist (7/7) - Toronto; Essen; Los Angeles; Beijing; Bangkok; Sydney; "Gov't Grant" Special (Build Research Station in any city for free.)
    pandemicacts.png
    pandemicroles.png
    pic542183_lg.jpg

• Options
    @JusticeforPluto‌ Could you play Goverment Grant to drop a Research Station in Riyadh?

• Options
    Yes, but idk if you could make me play it. Also why Riyadh? Baghdad, Cario, Karachi, or the Western Indian cites seem to offer better movement possibilities.

• Options
    He can't "make" you, but this is coop and the card can be played out of turn. It needs to be now and it needs to be Riyadh to execute the plan for curing blue ASAP.

• Options
    1. Discard Riyadh to build a Research Station in Riyadh
    2. Shuttle to Atlanta
    3. Pull Kaneski to Atlanta
    4. Drive to Chicago

@stever777

• Options
    Damn... Why do things never go according to plan...

• Options
    edited January 2015
    @Kirindal
    You drew Epidemic! & Seoul for your Player card draws.
    Lima got hit with 3 cubes because of the Epidemic.

@Kaneski
    Would you like to play the "One Quiet Night" Special?

stever777 on

• Options
    Kaneski wrote: »
    He can't "make" you, but this is coop and the card can be played out of turn. It needs to be now and it needs to be Riyadh to execute the plan for curing blue ASAP.

Oh duh, the big plan you created last page. :?

• Options
    Damn. More Yellow. Since the plan is dead in the water anyway amd Johannesburg/Khartoum can instantly kill us - or be pretty close to on Outbreaks, AND JfP is near enough to do something - I will play "One Quiet Night" @‌stever777

JfP, you should probably use the gov grant on your turn, plan or no - no sense holding on to it and discarding city cards that you will draw.

• Options
    Does that count as a move? Cause moving and cure Khartoum and Johanesburg will take 4 turns.

• Options
    Negateev. Those cards do not take up an action to play.

• Options
    @JusticeforPluto - Scientist Turn
    9tddeaxdtryu.png
    Kaneski - Generalist (6/7) - Atlanta; Khartoum; Jakarta; Hong Kong; Ho Chi Minh City; "New Assignment" Special (Any player may discard their current role and select one from the remaining roles.)
    Kirindal - Dispatcher (6/7) - Chicago; St. Petersburg; Sao Paulo; Buenos Aires; Cairo; Seoul
    JusticeforPluto - Scientist (7/7) - Toronto; Essen; Los Angeles; Beijing; Bangkok; Sydney; "Gov't Grant" Special (Build Research Station in any city for free.)
    pandemicacts.png
    pandemicroles.png
    pic542183_lg.jpg

• Options
    Swimming in red and no way to cure it. :(

• Options
    Move to Khartoum
    Cure X1
    Move to Johannesburg
    Play Gov't Grant
    Cure X1

@stever777

• Options
    @JusticeforPluto
    You drew "Resilient Population" Special (Remove card from Infection Discards permanently.) & "Special Orders" Special (During this turn, the current player may move one other pawn as if it were his own.) for your Player card draws.
    You need to discard one card from your hand.

• Options
    Dump LA
    its not you, its me. See LA, growing up in yhe Midwest gave me Stockholm Syndrome for snow. And you have none...

• Options
    @Kaneski - Generalist Turn
    9teq3t5m3bt7.png
    Kaneski - Generalist (6/7) - Atlanta; Khartoum; Jakarta; Hong Kong; Ho Chi Minh City; "New Assignment" Special (Any player may discard their current role and select one from the remaining roles.)
    Kirindal - Dispatcher (6/7) - Chicago; St. Petersburg; Sao Paulo; Buenos Aires; Cairo; Seoul
    JusticeforPluto - Scientist (7/7) - Toronto; Essen; Beijing; Bangkok; Sydney; "Resilient Population" Special (Remove card from Infection Discards permanently.); "Special Orders" Special (During this turn, the current player may move one other pawn as if it were his own.)
    pandemicacts.png
    pandemicroles.png
    pic542183_lg.jpg

• Options
    Bloody hell. Alright. With no cure for either black or yellow in sight (and those two being our biggest headaches), I think we have to cure AND eradicate red and blue pretty quickly to have a chance - this way we can stick around Africa/ME until we have the cards to cure those.

And the only way we can have it done before my next turn is to morph Kirindal into a researcher and dump all the cards to JfP. @Stever777 rule check please - I think this came up 3-4 games ago - other pawns can pull cards from the researcher, correct?

If so - I'll handle Lima/LA, Kirindal morphs into researcher and feeds his reds and blues to JfP. You guys will need 5 actions between yourselves to cure both diseases - 3 for card transfers, 2 for cures. I think special orders can be dumped - that's a 4/5p game card.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    The Researcher may give a fellow player any card from his hand when involved in a Share Knowledge action. He is not restricted to giving the card of the current jointly-occupied city, like other players are. This freedom only applies when the Researcher is giving a card—he always receives a card with the same restriction as other players. The Researcher can utilize this ability when involved in Share Knowledge actions on any player’s turn.

stever777 on

• Options
    Alrighty then. @Kirindal @JusticeforPluto thoughts on sneaky plan MK2?

• Options
    I'm down

• Options
    I'm up for the plan.

• Options
    $10 says we get another epidemic that totally screws the plan up. Because Pandemic.

Discard Atlanta to fly out to Lima. Treat Lima. Drive to Mexico City. Drive to Los Angeles. Treat Los Angeles. Play "New Assignment" to morph Kirindal into a researcher.

@stever777

• Options
    @Kaneski
    You drew Epidemic! & Manila for your Player card draws.
    Toronto got hit with 3 cubes because of the Epidemic.

@JusticeforPluto
    Would you like to play the "Resilient Population" Special (Remove card from Infection Discards permanently.)?

• Options
    @Kirindal @Kaneski what do you think?

• Options
    I think someone owes me $10 is what I think.

Yank Toronto out of the pack - you need to drop a card before Kirindal can feed you a red anyway. The 3 cards drawn will be Toronto, LA and Johannesburg if you don't. This might be good - an early epidemic in the 3rd stack gives us some time before the next one.

• Options
    Okay then, play card and remove Toronto.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    @Kirindal - Researcher Turn
    v88i7q9dwhhi.png
    Kaneski - Generalist (5/7) - Khartoum; Jakarta; Hong Kong; Ho Chi Minh City; Manila
    Kirindal - Researcher (6/7) - Chicago; St. Petersburg; Sao Paulo; Buenos Aires; Cairo; Seoul
    JusticeforPluto - Scientist (6/7) - Toronto; Essen; Beijing; Bangkok; Sydney; "Special Orders" Special (During this turn, the current player may move one other pawn as if it were his own.)
    pandemicacts.png
    pandemicroles.png
    pic542183_lg.jpg
    Toronto has been permanently removed from the Infection deck.

Kirindal - New color peru

stever777 on

• Options
    1. Drive to Atlanta
    2. Shuttle to Johannesburg
    3. Give JusticeforPluto Seoul
    4. Treat Johannesburg for 1 Yellow

@stever777

• Options
    @JusticeforPluto - Scientist Turn
    g0dzgvhbuke7.png
    Kaneski - Generalist (5/7) - Khartoum; Jakarta; Hong Kong; Ho Chi Minh City; Manila
    Kirindal - Researcher (7/7) - Chicago; St. Petersburg; Madrid; Lima; Sao Paulo; Buenos Aires; Cairo
    JusticeforPluto - Scientist (7/7) - Toronto; Essen; Beijing; Bangkok; Sydney; Seoul; "Special Orders" Special (During this turn, the current player may move one other pawn as if it were his own.)
    pandemicacts.png
    pandemicroles.png
    pic542183_lg.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Man... the bottom of that player deck is gonna be all the yellows and blacks. In theory, we have the cards for JfP to cure yellow, but no way we have the moves to get him the cards before outbreaks kill us after the next epidemic. So... I think we're all back to damage control after curing the 2 colors. At least we'll have room in our hands.

Kaneski on
  • Options