As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] Live RAW cancelled, instead USA airs footage of Vince masturbating for 3 hours

• nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I started watching Wrestlemania XXX, but then decided I really wanted to go back and see some back story. Should be fun.

THEPAIN73
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I started watching Wrestlemania XXX, but then decided I really wanted to go back and see some back story. Should be fun.

Eh, the show's leading up to Mania 30 vary wildly in quality.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    Just watch Summerslam 2013.

GethTHEPAIN73
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPnVgUQQ17I

National Pro Wrestling Day will be held on February 8th in Norristown, PA, with all proceeds going to benefit The Seva Foundation, which provides eyecare to developing areas worldwide.

Hopefully, it'll be streamed again, like last year--I know that helped A LOT with donations.

Dex Dynamo on
    LBD_Nytetrayn
    wirehead26 wrote: »

That seems as good a place as any to start.

That seems as good a place as any to start.

Most of the show's post Summerslam were panned critically but with hindsight they might be better.

Summerslam should at least give me the triple h/Bryan background I'm looking for. Maybe after that I'll jump to Wrestlemania.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Or better yet, watch the Daniel Bryan doc that's on the network, that'll give you a good backstory on the main storyline heading into WMXXX.

Aside, here's 20 Reasons why Raw sucked last night. Hard to argue with most of them.
    These are the 20 reasons why I thought Monday's Raw sucked:

- Raw opened with the same dialogue between John Cena and The Authority that has been seen for the last four months.

- John Cena came out completely energized, forgetting that the was partially responsible for getting his friends fired.

- Cena's 15-minute opening segment with The Authority imploring them to give his pals their jobs back was for nothing when he lost his match, thus rendering the first sixth of the show inconsequential.

- Big Show doesn't care about anyone, but he's jolly enough to do a Macho Man impression. Because that's how heels get over.

- Roman Reigns developed a new catchphrase of "Wham, bam, thank you ma'am" while using his trademark incredulous duck face.

- The Big Show's motivations for being a heel change overnight.

- Dean Ambrose spent 75 percent of the night participating in a series of backstage skits with a shrink that both stepped on the toes of still-running Smackdown vignettes and continued to distance Dean Ambrose from the never-say-die babyface that gained traction in mid-2013.

- Half of the matches on the show were some form of re-match from WWE TV in the last month.

- Brie Bella still has not explained why she turned heel.

- Paige has still not explained why she turned face.

- Alicia Fox has still not explained why she turned heel, then face, then heel, then face, then heel...

- Tyson Kidd and Cesaro have still not explained why they are now aligned with Adam Rose.

- Rusev defeated Dean Ambrose via referee stoppage when Dean Ambrose's knee was putting him in too much pain. Ambrose responded by immediately standing on his knee.

- Jey Uso came to the ring smiling and dancing, apparently oblivious to his wife being forced to wrestle with one arm tied behind her back less than an hour beforehand.

- Brock Lesnar has been on television for such a limited period of time that any heat gained from ending The Undertaker's undefeated streak at WrestleMania has evaporated.

- TMZ was discussed more than the Intercontinental, Tag Team, United States, and Divas Championships combined.

- Despite being three hours long as it is, WWE insists on having a 15-minute over-run.

- New Intercontinental champion Wade Barrett was relegated to being a lumberjack.

- We know nothing new about any characters. Luke Harper? No. Dean Ambrose? No. Roman Reigns? Nothing.

- If no matches occurred on this show, every storyline would be in the exact same place it was in at the beginning of the program. Nothing was accomplished, and none of the contests were memorable.

InvectivusShadowenLBD_Nytetrayn
  • HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I agree with that entire list...well maybe not Alicia Fox, it is pretty well established she is batshit crazy. She can turn anytime she wants as far as I am concerned...hell she can turn a few times in the same match.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
    That list makes some good points but I still thought the show was fine. It had a good energy to it plus the Bryan segment along with the closing angle were really well done. And the wrestling quality was higher than normal.

edited January 2015
    We know nothing new about any characters. Luke Harper? No. Dean Ambrose? No. Roman Reigns? Nothing.

That's flat out bullshit.

wirehead26 on
    Maximum
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Summerslam should at least give me the triple h/Bryan background I'm looking for. Maybe after that I'll jump to Wrestlemania.

I'd suggest SummerSlam, then Hell in a Cell, Royal Rumble, maybe Elimination Chamber (if you're interested in the Wyatt Family vs the Shield but it's skippable) and then WrestleMania.

cu4c1c5yy0xr.png
    nicopernicusPwnanObrien
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Get rid of Adam Rose and I really like the Tyson Kidd/Cesaro tag team.

And complaining about the over-run is silly. They do it on purpose. It's been that way forever, and it's never going to change.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah some of those are real stretches

The Ambrose shrink sketches were great

CYpGAPn.png
    MaximumBloodsheedPsychotic OneWeedLordVegetaReynolds
    We know nothing new about any characters. Luke Harper? No. Dean Ambrose? No. Roman Reigns? Nothing.

I'll expand on this some more; does he really expect some mind blowing revelation about every character on the show every week?

The TMZ thing is arbitrary bullshit as well.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Nirya wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    MrDapper wrote: »
    Oh here's the all the stuff from the Move Pack DLC. Note the "Strong Style Knee Strike"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdM6kCXziw0

Okay when "Strong Style Knee Strike" happened I yelled "YEAOH" when the dude did Nakamura's taunt.

I also love that the More Bang For Your Buck is there, as well as the spike tombstone, although it's sad they don't have the Meltzer driver. Also cool that the Steen/Generico combo of a package piledriver where he throws the dude over to Generico for the brainbuster is in the game.

Kinda wish they had used some of the names that guys on the Indies use for those moves. Croyt's Wrath, Drake's Landing Kudome Valentine, that sort of thing, just cause I think those names are cool.

Also I'm going to assume that them calling that move More Bang means the Bucks are definitely signing with WWE tomorrow.

Personally I wish the moves were faster and a little more fluid. However that would require a better engine I guess and that's a lot to ask from WWE games.
    Not going to lie though, totally tempted to pick up a copy on the cheap because of this move pack DLC so I can go to town on creating wrestlers.

Oh and on a Chikara note, the problem isn't that the top technico is willing to kill rudos. The problem is that the top technico is Icarus, and that means we are living in the darkest of dark timelines.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    BNB being "relegated to a lumberjack" is also super dumb

It was all of the heels who are Authority sympathetic!

That's BNB!

CYpGAPn.png
    So yeah Kyougu it wasn't that hard to argue with that list. I'm not saying it didn't make some good points of course but over half of it is complaining for the sake of it.

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    - If no matches occurred on this show, every storyline would be in the exact same place it was in at the beginning of the program. Nothing was accomplished, and none of the contests were memorable.

what a weird point to make

'if nothing had happened on this show, nothing would have happened'

I mean, I didn't watch the show, and I kinda get what they're trying to say? but what a weird thing to say

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    "Nothing was accomplished" is very subjective as well.

Who even wrote that?

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    the one about big show's macho man impression is really grasping at straws

EzUAYcn.png
    wirehead26
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Nirya wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    MrDapper wrote: »
    Oh here's the all the stuff from the Move Pack DLC. Note the "Strong Style Knee Strike"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdM6kCXziw0

Okay when "Strong Style Knee Strike" happened I yelled "YEAOH" when the dude did Nakamura's taunt.

I also love that the More Bang For Your Buck is there, as well as the spike tombstone, although it's sad they don't have the Meltzer driver. Also cool that the Steen/Generico combo of a package piledriver where he throws the dude over to Generico for the brainbuster is in the game.

Kinda wish they had used some of the names that guys on the Indies use for those moves. Croyt's Wrath, Drake's Landing Kudome Valentine, that sort of thing, just cause I think those names are cool.

Also I'm going to assume that them calling that move More Bang means the Bucks are definitely signing with WWE tomorrow.

Personally I wish the moves were faster and a little more fluid. However that would require a better engine I guess and that's a lot to ask from WWE games.
    Not going to lie though, totally tempted to pick up a copy on the cheap because of this move pack DLC so I can go to town on creating wrestlers.

Oh and on a Chikara note, the problem isn't that the top technico is willing to kill rudos. The problem is that the top technico is Icarus, and that means we are living in the darkest of dark timelines.

Sadly the CAW, which is like the best thing about the series historically, is severely limited this time around.

BloodsheedPwnanObrien
    Brock Lesnar has been on television for such a limited period of time that any heat gained from ending The Undertaker's undefeated streak at WrestleMania has evaporated.

That's just straight up not true

like, his heat has died down a bit but it is still very much there

CYpGAPn.png
  • 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular

Yeah, lots of things are discussed more than all of WWE's championships combined.

Wait...

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    Dyvim TvarShadowenPwnanObrienMagellAJR
    crwth wrote: »

A lot of things on that list are grasping at straws.

You could argue the opening was overall pointless and some of the characterization is wonky so those points were fine.

BlankZoeThe Betgirl
    edited January 2015

Nah.

It's wrestling show, where in theory the belts are important. You would think they would get mentioned occasionally.

Not really?

There should be some consistency in the WWE, at the very least within the very same show. Heels should act like heels.

Same with BNB. He won the belt last week, and there was no follow up except for him being a lumberjack. Cause he's a heel I guess?

Kyougu on
    Kyougu wrote: »

Nah.

It's wrestling show, where in theory the belts are important. You would think they would get mentioned occasionally.

Not really?

There should be some consistency in the WWE, at the very least within the very same show. Heels should act like heels.

Same with BNB. He won the belt last week, and there was no follow up except for him being a lumberjack. Cause he's a heel I guess?
    That's because he's defending the belt on Smackdown in two days, that's the follow-up

CYpGAPn.png
    I would have rather had BNB in a match but who cares if he was a lumberjack only?

The titles weren't mentioned much last night because none were defended.

And you don't think that's a problem?

edited January 2015
    So I'm watching Summerslam 2013. I'm really excited to see Cody Rhodes eventually turn in to Stardust.

nicopernicus on

Not really? There have been plenty of title matches on TV in the past few months. It's not a big deal when a Raw has no title defenses.

Nah

Not every single Raw needs a title defense

That is what leads to the belts being totally worthless and boring, like they have been

CYpGAPn.png
    Look if you didn't like the show that's fine but I just don't agree with a lot of that list you posted.

That list just struck me as someone looking for things to complain about. If they dislike the product that much why are they bothering to watch it?

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    once you watch a wrestle show you can never leave

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    WeedLordVegetaNiryaReynolds
    The Betman wrote: »
    once you watch a wrestle show you can never leave

That must be why Meltzer keeps watching then. Or does he even watch WWE stuff anymore besides NXT?

This discussion has been closed.