As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We should all really quit [Social Media]: Facebook changes product branding to FACEBOOK

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    twitter is for my internet people

facebook is for my real life people

and never the two shall meet

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    Pretty much.

Facebook is for real life people and it's the social networking site I'm least active on by far. I had a girl in one of my classes ask if I had a tumblr a few weeks ago and I chickened out and said no. :|

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I like adding people from here on my Facebook because it makes me feel like I am a more social person than I really am

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    twitter is for my internet people

facebook is for my real life people

and never the two shall meet

This, except I don't use Twitter or Facebook. It's extra safe that way.

Zek on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Facebook is where I drop all my quality jokes.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    A girl I knew in high school somehow found and followed the throwaway twitter I made to play Fallen London with PA people. Still no idea how that happened.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I hate how Facebook shares every thing no matter what the context. This morning a friend tagged me in response to a George Takei post with the word douchelagoon. I replied with a joke about douchecanoes.

Next thing I know my wife and my mother are calling me wondering why I'm being so crude on their news feed.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    facebook is the worst invention of all time

it's like the bad version of an OS that got replaced eventually

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    I like adding people from here on my Facebook because it makes me feel like I am a more social person than I really am

Speaking of whaddup CD, how's tricks

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Every few weeks I used to get a call from my mother asking me to take somethin I had wrote in jest off of Facebook because it personally offended her

This included everything from one-off jokes to news articles to which she was politically opposed/thought was sad/had been told by some distant family that it offended them/all of the above

So now I don't really post on Facebook anymore

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    You can always have it set so she can't see anything you write on Facebook.

• Options
    I keep doing that and she keeps finding ways around it honestly. I probably need to block my sister too but I don't want to do that

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Facebook is where I drop all my quality jokes.

Wait, those are your quality jokes? 8-)

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I'm honestly surprised to see so much hate for Facebook. As someone currently stuck in my hometown at a crappy job while nearly all my friends live at least an hour away, it's the best way I can see what's going on in their lives and what they're interested in. I'm also pretty much using it as a journal of random stuff I'm thinking about or doing.

It also helps that I've separated my relatives on Facebook from my friends, meaning that 99% of what I post is seen only by my friends.

It's also a nice perk that a number of my friends are artists and post awesome work they've done.

The only real downside is that sometimes it makes me a bit sad to see all the stuff my friends are doing that I have little opportunity to participate in.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    The best development Facebook ever incorporated was the ability to hide people from your feed without removing them from your friends list.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm at the point where almost all of the people I actually like on my Facebook are forumers.

• Options

Speaking of whaddup CD, how's tricks

sup dude

I am living in Alabama right now! I got an internship at a company here but I don't know what's going to happen afterwards which is kind of crazy

how you doin'?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    My mother recently took a forumer to task on Facebook for pulling a face in their Facebook profile.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My mom uses Facebook to post bigoted Fox News like opinions.

I'll trade you?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    She was right though, he does have a lovely smile and he shouldn't be afraid to show it.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    She was right though, he does have a lovely smile and he shouldn't be afraid to show it.

He's sexy and he knows it?

• Options
    it sounds like the problem is he doesn't know it

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I've actually been really enjoying twitter over the past 12ish months or so, barring stupid people doing big stupid things on it.

But in terms of a localised set of people who I interact with, I really love it!

Does also help that I met my boyfriend over twitter, too.

How'd that happen (if you don't mind sharing)?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Tube wrote: »

nba 2k15 agrees

• Options
    in case anyone was wondering it was DEFINITELY me what got yelled at by tube's mom on facebook

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I use facebook for a few forumers but mostly for making events, talking to friends who live in town or left after university, or demanding that my roommate leave his room and take food out of the freezer to thaw while I'm at work

I don't have twitter, but I do have a SnapChat I probably use too much of. I also use the heck out of Skype and Google Hangouts at work! (It helps that the former is necessary to talk to employees working remotely, and that the latter looks mildly professional.)

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    facebook has done a stellar job at making sure I meet my daily quota of "seeing confederate flags"

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    ah snapchat aka @Abracadaniel and @Sheri send me pictures of their pets

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I enjoy your snapchats @Cello

• Options
    facebook has done a stellar job at making sure I meet my daily quota of "seeing confederate flags"

living in florida does that for me

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I enjoy getting snapchats but for reals eff sending any

• Options
    crwth wrote: »

living in florida does that for me

I live in Iowa! In a fairly liberal county! It hasn't helped

• Options

crwth I have pets and a snapchat why aren't we friends crwth

Steam
  • Options
    I actually don't think I've seen any confederate flags in my feed somehow

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

wtf where them petsnaps

also check OUT THIS

• Options

wtf where them petsnaps

also check OUT THIS

checked

double checked

Steam
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    it was so cuuuuute

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    If someone doesn't like something I post or like on Facebook then they have the freedom to hide me. If that has ever happened they didn't really know me that well in the first place I guess. I pretty much keep my Facebook to friends and family members but over the years some people with radically different political and religious opinions have snuck on there somehow. For the most part I try to leave everybody on my feed as-is because I like to keep tabs on other opinions etc. Don't want that confirmation bias you know? Lately though some people have definitely been hid because OMG what is even happening these days. My blood pressure couldn't take it anymore.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I don't bother hiding people's awful stuff on Facebook

If they post awful shit, they're deleted and blocked

If they happen to ask, I tell them exactly why

I don't really like the idea of being "friends" with people that are gonna post hateful shit and then just telling Facebook "make me blind to this, please." I'd rather just not associate with those people at all

• Options

i dont know cello add me my snapname is jncodemayo

EzUAYcn.png