As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Venture Bros: RADIANT IS THE BLOOD OF THE BABOON HEART

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Oh sure, I make a Venture bros thread and no one posts in it for days....
    I did like three searches and nothing came up!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/195767/lets-all-get-drunk-and-gamble-because-venture-bros-is-back#latest

Its ok though. I forgive you.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    There are so many things I love about this show that I could spend an entire day talking about it; if I had to pick a favorite 'thing' to put at the top of the heap, my brain would probably explode.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I appreciate a lot of things about this show, but especially the fact that it has a few great entomology jokes

The monarch/viceroy gag is stellar

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    How much thalidomide did your mom take

My one complaint about this show is that we will never see more Dr. Dugong

• Options
    And no more Stephen Colbert as Richard Impossible.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I'll pick my favorite Venture moment.

The opening of Hate Floats.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    The season 4 premiere is probably my favorite episode of this show. Its so good

Really all of season 4 is incredible tho

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    My favorite moment is that talk Rusty has with a college dean while trying to convince him to accept Dean into their school.

The last line, specifically.

It's just one of the greatest "Oh snap"s of all time.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Yeah, that's the moment the show really *clicked* with me. It was funny up until then but that scene cemented VB as a favorite.

• Options

Yeah, that's the moment the show really *clicked* with me. It was funny up until then but that scene cemented VB as a favorite.

Dudududun! Dun! Duh duh duh!

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    That moment in the season finale where Brock has to run back to the prom and the music is playing and man

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Sidenote: the B-list villain names are perfect for bowling callsigns. I can never resist the allure of Bettie Rage. Never.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    So did Triana's friend ever become a supervillain?

I haven't followed this show for a while and the question just occurred to me.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    So did Triana's friend ever become a supervillain?

I haven't followed this show for a while and the question just occurred to me.

They talk about this on the commentaries and laugh about it

People keep asking about her but that was just a one off joke, they aren't bringing her back

At least at the time they had no plans to, who knows now

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I hope they never comment on that again personally. I also hope they never explain the monarch's hatred of ol rusty

• Options
    I figured, but you can never tell with these things so I had to ask.

Thanks!

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Trianna's friend became all Christian-y after she got out of rehab

they bring it up in the prom episode!

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    I hope they never comment on that again personally. I also hope they never explain the monarch's hatred of ol rusty

I hope they never explain what happened to Jonas Sr. or who the boy's mother is

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Trianna's friend became all Christian-y after she got out of rehab

they bring it up in the prom episode!

Dang I forgot this

I think at this point I've listened to the commentaries more times than I've watched the episodes

Which is... A troubling amount

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Cello wrote: »
    That moment in the season finale where Brock has to run back to the prom and the music is playing and man

That was so good.

From what I remember.

From just watching it right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kk7g2rD7jc

Edit: nothing to see here.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    Sidenote: the B-list villain names are perfect for bowling callsigns. I can never resist the allure of Bettie Rage. Never.

'Dr. Henry Killinger and his magic murder bag' is fucking inspired and I will still do impromptu impersonations of him to this very day.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular

'Dr. Henry Killinger and his magic murder bag' is fucking inspired and I will still do impromptu impersonations of him to this very day.

"Your powers are useless on me, you silly billy."

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    I love how the commentary tracks are usually them talking about interior design or some obscure figure they're referencing.

Seriously, the work they put into the design of this show is insane, especially considering it started out as a poorly animated flash cartoon in the pilot.

No I don't.
  • Options
    When you think about it, it's absolutely insane that Cartoon Network lets them get away with the production schedule they have. From what I understand while Venture Brothers has a loyal fan base, it's not a huge fan base. The fact they're allowed to put this much time and money into making a quality product is really cool.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    IGNORE ME

• Options
    edited January 2015

We know both of these things though.....
    Kano had to kill Jonas Sr. when he went looking for the ORB, or at least its heavily heavily implied. And their mom is maybe Myra, admittly Doc and Jackson are not sure if they want to keep Myra as the mom or explain it away, but for now, all signs point to her.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    SSGN727SSGN727 USS MICHIGAN Floating CalmlyRegistered User regular
    Please do not be alarmed, we are about to engage...The Nozzle

Steam | Twitch Stream | Youtube Channel | NNID: Soapdish
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

We know both of these things though.....
    Kano had to kill Jonas Sr. when he went looking for the ORB, or at least its heavily heavily implied. And their mom is maybe Myra, admittly Doc and Jackson are not sure if they want to keep Myra as the mom or explain it away, but for now, all signs point to her.

I'm pretty sure that the episode where Myra returned made it clear that she isn't actually Hank and Dean's mom.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, Myra flat out said she wanted to change things (using one of her fellow inmates delusional powers) so that she would be their mother after all, and Hank called her out on her bullshit. As far as Jonas Sr., the creators aren't above tossing out a million red herrings. (Dermitt, anyone?)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Actually, "Momma's Boys" falls pretty heavily on Myra not being their mother.
    MYRA
    Aren't you a good boy. Maybe Man, could you put baby Dean in my pink, pillowy womb so I can finally give birth to my teeny-weeny Deany and be his only-wonly mommy!

MAYBE MAN
    Uhhhh. Maybe.

HANK
    'Finally' give birth-? You're not my mother!! I knew you were lying!!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MYRA
    Aren't you a good boy. Maybe Man, could you put baby Dean in my pink, pillowy womb so I can finally give birth to my teeny-weeny Deany and be his only-wonly mommy!

MAYBE MAN
    Uhhhh. Maybe.

HANK

Venture also flat out says it at the end of the ep.

• Options
    MYRA

MAYBE MAN
    Uhhhh. Maybe.

HANK

Venture also flat out says it at the end of the ep.

I think I totally forgot about this. Ok I stand corrected.

• Options
    And, as Mantis-Eye points out about ORB
    First off the most obvious thing to speculate is that Kano killed Jonas Venture, Sr. (because he tried to activate ORB) and became a mute as penance for the deed. However if you step back and think about the situation, Kano has been a mute in every appearance, past and present, in the episode. This includes every episode where he has appeared in a flashback and interacted with anyone, never speaking. Given that, it would seem that he killed someone and became mute prior to the death of Jonas Venture.

so that could easily be a false flag as well.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    If i was rich, like crazy super rich, I would just toss money at this show that that they could make a season every year instead of like every three years.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    What?! This is back?! Holy shit I had no idea

• Options
    I don't think money's the problem. It's time.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited January 2015
    What?! This is back?! Holy shit I had no idea

Tonight, in fact. Lucky you saw this now. Although it's just a one-off special. The rest of the season is still TBA.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Venture Bros started almost 11 years ago

I should try giving it a full watch through again some time to see how much it's changed over that period

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I don't think money's the problem. It's time.

To be fair, you have to smoke a shitload of crack to equal all the ideas and writing in one venture bros episode. They smoke as fast as they can short of OD'ing, then write an episode. The length of time between seasons is proportional to the square of the amount in grams of Crack smoked minus recovery time.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Venture Bros is just an immaculately hand-woven tapestry of a show