As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX to the Future! (PRE-PAX Boardgame Night at the Westin!)

• Options
    MrGone1980MrGone1980 Registered User regular
    I'll keep outlets and space in mind. at worst I'll kick it on the floor tho. My first PAX I remember boardgaming on the floor, but that was before the Westin boardgame night become A BIG DEAL INDEED.

Looking forward to these nights with yall.

• Options
    JgamingJgaming Registered User regular
    I'm highly considering going would people be interesting in playing Texas hold 'em or other card games? I have a few packs of cards and a suitcase of chips. It's not exactly a board game but it's a fun thing I love to do with groups of friends.

I also have the game of thrones board game if people are interested in that.

• Options
    ViciousEin02ViciousEin02 NYRegistered User regular
    Since me and my 2 friends will be in Boston on Thursday we will join also. I'm gonna bring with me.

Penny Arcade The Game - Gamers vs Evil
    Munchkin
    We didn't playtest this at all
    We didn't playtest this either

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015
    Pax East 2012 & 2013 Attendee

• Options
    BashinterothBashinteroth NYCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    @Ganybyte I am not looking for any deck in particular; I really just want something other than vanilla to spice things up

Bashinteroth on
  • Options
    smertepunktsmertepunkt Registered User regular
    I'm likely going to this one anyway, but is there no alternate pre-PAX game night, like at the Mariott last year?
    Jerkfish wrote: »
    ilta wrote: »
    Man, how did I miss that last year?! Please do it again this year.

We were pretty tucked away and hidden. Considering the amount of space the game takes up, we didn't want to be a bother.

Good news is I just spoke with me friend and we'll have everything we need to run the game again this year! I'm hoping we can settle down in the same spot this year (past Sauciety and down the stairs by the hotel exit.)
    This would be amazing! Here's to hoping you can get something going with the Westin staff and if not, I still hope you'll make it work. I can dig up a spare Move controller or two if you need any more, just let me know. I'm very excited about a chance to play Joust!

• Options
    GanybyteGanybyte Registered User regular
    @Ganybyte I am not looking for any deck in particular; I really just want something other than vanilla to spice things up

Cool I'll be sure to throw one of the themed decks in my bag for you. Not sure how to find me specifically though it will be crowded-- but I won't be hiding. I should be showing up around 6. Should I post what I'm wearing or something day of?

ERIC

• Options
    Tanjin90Tanjin90 Registered User regular
    Ill be there with BSG and all the expansions!

• Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Tanjin90 wrote: »

If you are referring to Battlestar Galactica....Awesome sauce!! :P

zerzhul on
    Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Jgaming wrote: »
    I'm highly considering going would people be interesting in playing Texas hold 'em or other card games? I have a few packs of cards and a suitcase of chips. It's not exactly a board game but it's a fun thing I love to do with groups of friends.

While there's nothing wrong with playing whatever game you want to, please be very cautious about even the appearance of gambling. To avoid any misunderstandings with the staff - even if you're not gambling - I'd err on the side of caution and leave poker games out, at least for this event.
    I'm likely going to this one anyway, but is there no alternate pre-PAX game night, like at the Mariott last year?

Not yet, but I thought there would be. It's possible that @Halfazedninja isn't hosting this year, but you could always send him a PM too see if the event needs a coordinator.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Devereaux wrote: »
    I'll save you some time. I'm the cylon.

• Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

C'mon now.....Where's the fun in that? :P

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    Tanjin90Tanjin90 Registered User regular
    Ill provide the game just need someone that's good at teaching it cause while i know how to play i cant teach the game to save my life.

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    edited February 2015

You should also look up Battlestar in Three Jumps. BSG is a fantastic game -- really, the best hiddden traitor game out there, in my opinion -- but it does take a very long time, especially with newbies. 3 Jumps gives you 95% of the fun in 30-50% of the time.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/486613/ultra-short-game-variant

Also!
    https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/48203/teaching-battlestar-six-easy-steps-fixed-version

ilta on
  • Options
    klzklz Registered User regular
    I'm bringing Warring Kingdom https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/148190/warring-kingdom And would like to request someone bring Five Tribes!

I am one of the two people running Five Tribes demos all weekend in the Tabletop area (working with the Compleat Strategist) . I should be able to bring it to the Pre-PAX night, but I'll likely want to play other games that night for obvious reasons. :)

• Options
    JgamingJgaming Registered User regular
    Alright well I won't bring the poker set then but i'll definitely bring the Game of Thrones Board Game. See you all there!

• Options
    VerbenaVerbena Registered User regular
    So I'll bring:
    Puerto Rico
    Tammany Hall
    and Chaos in the Old World with the expansion I forgot I had that one. :o

Steam - Verbena | 3DS Friend Code - 0576-4430-7964 | Xbox - Verbena Zero
  • Options
    GanybyteGanybyte Registered User regular
    @ Bashinteroth
    hey I dug up Space Munchkin (Star Trek etc), Munchkin Booty (pirates), and Munchkin Bites (vampire the mascarade essentially). Unfortunately no rulebooks, so look them up ahead of time or download the rules to a phone or something, if you can. Basics are the same, but each set has a special rule, like anyone can add a shark to a fight in Munchkin Booty. SJG website has PDFs that can be read on most digital phones or whatever.

As a bonus if you can find me and promise to give these guys some play you can keep all three decks. I'll have them in Munchkin Boxes of Holding.

SJG is normally at PAX, by the way, so you should stop by thier booth to at least pick up some promos or whatnot.

Eric

• Options
    RavenwolfXIIIRavenwolfXIII Registered User new member
    Hi, I should have Space Cadets with me along with the expansion, Resistance is Mostly Harmless. I will *TRY* to borrow my friend's copy of Dead of Winter, but I cannot promise that.
    Can't wait to see y'all there!

• Options
    Mavrick593Mavrick593 Registered User regular
    Does anyone have Cthulhu Wars that they can bring? Maybe someone local or driving in? I would bring mine, but it's just too fuckin' big for a plane.

My jiggy can not be contained.
    30krhv1btzuj.gif

• Options
    rtm416rtm416 NYRegistered User regular
    Mavrick593 wrote: »
    Does anyone have Cthulhu Wars that they can bring? Maybe someone local or driving in? I would bring mine, but it's just too fuckin' big for a plane.

Oh man, I've been salivating over that bloody game for a good while.

SK3ozR5.png
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

Goddammit, you're ALWAYS the Cylon! Cylon, Cylon, Cylon! Why can't I be the cylon?!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    ivywinterivywinter Registered User new member
    I'll be there (with Jerkfish, providing my Mac for joust!) and will also bring Star Fluxx and Geek Battle.

• Options
    kohanaikohanai Registered User regular
    Penny Arcade The Game - Gamers vs Evil

yaaaayyyy!!! 12 kinds of yay!!!!

• Options
    Mavrick593Mavrick593 Registered User regular
    Right now I'm planning on stuffing Harbor and maybe Boss Monster in my bag. Gotta save some space for swag to take home too though.

My jiggy can not be contained.
    30krhv1btzuj.gif

• Options
    CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to being able to come to this again, I'll have at least my copy of boss monster (with expansion) in tow. I'll have to see what else will travel well as well, though I don't have anything on the wanted list.

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • Options
    KhaytorKhaytor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I will be arriving after the Pre-Pax Dinner and will have Superfight! with all expansions. I'll be running the game for a couple hours at least.

• Options
    RinSlyRinSly Registered User regular
    How likely is it to still find ppl to play with friday and saturday nights? Is this generally still prettg happening or would I have as much luck dragging a game or 3 to my own hotel lobby (the other westin, /sigh) w a friend and hopping for random paxers to happen by.

• Options
    RinSly wrote: »
    How likely is it to still find ppl to play with friday and saturday nights? Is this generally still prettg happening or would I have as much luck dragging a game or 3 to my own hotel lobby (the other westin, /sigh) w a friend and hopping for random paxers to happen by.

There will definitely be people playing every night, it will just be less tables and no food/bar stuffs.

SK3ozR5.png
  • Options
    zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    RinSly wrote: »

The tabletop freeplay area at the convention center will be open until midnight Friday and Saturday, and I'm sure if you want to keep gaming past that, you can find out where people are going afterwards and follow them!

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• Options
    RinSlyRinSly Registered User regular
    zeale wrote: »

The tabletop freeplay area at the convention center will be open until midnight Friday and Saturday, and I'm sure if you want to keep gaming past that, you can find out where people are going afterwards and follow them!

True, I was thinking abt Saturday mostly bc I don't have a Saturday pass.

• Options
    hariustrkhariustrk Registered User regular
    Will be bringing a couple modules if anyone wants to play 5e D&D.

• Options
    The_MadHatter_The_MadHatter_ Registered User regular
    hariustrk wrote: »

I'll have to find you then. It's been a very long time since I've played and I haven't played any 5e, would love to try it out. How early do you think you'd be starting?

PSN ID, Steam: The_MadHatter_
  • Options
    giantrygiantry Registered User regular
    I think I'll be able to fit machi koro + harbor expansion in my luggage :)

• Options

I'll have to find you then. It's been a very long time since I've played and I haven't played any 5e, would love to try it out. How early do you think you'd be starting?
    I prob won't be to the Westin till 8pm. We'll be rolling in around 4-5pm and then getting some dinner.

New players are welcome.

• Options
    kohanaikohanai Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    New players are welcome.

I seriously hope I can get to this table.

kohanai on
  • Options
    JerkfishJerkfish NYCRegistered User regular
    Got everything in order with my group and we will be bringing JS Joust to the same area we were playing in last year. If you keep walking past Sauciety and down the stairs, we're planning to play in that empty hallway area. I suspect we'll be getting there around 7pm or so. I'll also be tweeting updates from my Twitter (@RobPlays)

• Options
    Jerkfish wrote: »
    Got everything in order with my group and we will be bringing JS Joust to the same area we were playing in last year. If you keep walking past Sauciety and down the stairs, we're planning to play in that empty hallway area. I suspect we'll be getting there around 7pm or so. I'll also be tweeting updates from my Twitter (@RobPlays)

Stop by the table when you arrive, and I'll make sure it is made known to people!

SK3ozR5.png
  • Options
    yoshi718yoshi718 Registered User regular
    Anyone up for Cards against humanity? i have all the cards :)

• Options
    For those interested in a 5E game, I'll tweet when I'm avail to DM.
    @iamjefffuller

• Options
    OniwanaOniwana Registered User new member
    Hey everyone, Im coming up to PAX and am looking forward to this event as much as anything else. I plan on bringing the following:
    Dead of Winter (as requested)
    Sheriff Of Nottingham
    Dread Curse
    Libertalia

I'm happy to bring more if there are any additional requests.