As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tickets for Dummies??

1789101113»

• arconicarconic Registered User regular
    was in the middle of a massive arkham horror game when it went off and now im sitting at my comp watching them play lol.

• AresselAressel Registered User regular
    Mine did too. It looks like all that they changed was a class on the SOON status, and ultimately decided to change it back.

• solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Aressel wrote: »
    "It looks like all that they changed was a class on the SOON status"

What's that mean exactly? :P

My monitor went off as well but it had nothing to do with the SOON status.

solomon123 on
    xg81x9uysw01.png
  • arconicarconic Registered User regular
    k so soon on main page for prime changed to not have days/ticket availability behind it anymore and thats what they seemed to be messing with on the registration page a million times earlier.

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    arconic wrote: »
    k so soon on main page for prime changed to not have days/ticket availability behind it anymore and thats what they seemed to be messing with on the registration page a million times earlier.

Whew. I was worried my page monitoring wasn't working but I am only checking the text around it.

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Good morning wonderful people. It's Wednesday. Imma get some Chicken Curry from Tanya's Soup Kitchen to go along with my chai and have a pleasant F5 lunch.

Happy hunting.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »
    Good morning wonderful people. It's Wednesday. Imma get some Chicken Curry from Tanya's Soup Kitchen to go along with my chai and have a pleasant F5 lunch.

Happy hunting.

Primed and ready (see what I did there?), but I don't think today is the day. I'm feeling next Wednesday to be more likely.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular

Happy hunting.

Primed and ready (see what I did there?), but I don't think today is the day. I'm feeling next Wednesday to be more likely.

Semper Preparatus. :biggrin:

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• jamsyarbotsjamsyarbots Wilmington, DERegistered User regular

Happy hunting.

You're probably right about it not being today but it's still really exciting to be a part of the f5 brigade again.

edited May 2015

Happy hunting.

Grabbed my lunch, a cup of tea and hit the bathroom. Ready for the next three hours. ;)

adias.angel on
  • IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Very happy that the F5ing has been relegated to pretty much the last weeks of May. It has lifted a ton of stress from me since I had so much going on these past several weeks.

That being said, let the F5ing and watching the site like a hawk commence!

IncreaseBlue on
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    I just got my 8th-year anniversary badge for the forums here. And the reason I joined back in 2007: to discuss PAX Prime and getting tickets. Here's to 8 years of F5!

• AresselAressel Registered User regular
    solomon123 wrote: »
    Aressel wrote: »
    "It looks like all that they changed was a class on the SOON status"

What's that mean exactly? :P

My monitor went off as well but it had nothing to do with the SOON status.

Sorry, it was late when I wrote that. I'm only monitoring the reg page - this is what my page monitor sent to me:
    The PAX Prime Registration site has changed! As of 2015-05-05 21:24:00 the following changes have occurred:
    ---
    +++
    -80 +80

- <ul id="badges"><li class="soon"><h3>Soon</h3></li></ul></div>
    + <ul id="badges" class="hi"><li class="soon"><h3>Soon</h3></li></ul></div>

The previous change occurred on: Tue May 05 21:23:07 2015

And then later:
    The PAX Prime Registration site has changed! As of 2015-05-05 21:24:30 the following changes have occurred:
    ---
    +++
    -80 +80

- <ul id="badges" class="hi"><li class="soon"><h3>Soon</h3></li></ul></div>
    + <ul id="badges"><li class="soon"><h3>Soon</h3></li></ul></div>

The previous change occurred on: Tue May 05 21:24:06 2015

That's the only thing that I noticed them messing around with.

Although, IIRC, them messing around with the reg page usually leads to *something* happening the next day. But, I suppose that it is all superstitions at this point :smile:

Either way, count me in for the F5 brigade!

• LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Prices haven't updated yet, so I really don't think it'll be today.

However, as mentioned above, the SOON icon did change. You can actually see this change (along with the altered sold-out icon) on the public assets page here.

Obviously this is just another piece to hint towards the elimination of 4-day badges. One thing I've noticed though is that the badge boxes on the assets page are still fit for one long box and four small boxes underneath. Maybe we'll see them update those too before tickets go live.

Lazorz on
  • CodextehFishCodextehFish Vancouver, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I have a feeling that tickets will probably be on sale on the 20th. Last year they did wait until we were past the 100 day mark, so it would make sense that we'd be down to about the same this year.

Also that means we're in the last two weeks of the month. Ie: later in may

CodextehFish on
    Attendee:
    Prime: '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15
    West: '16, '17
    East: '14, '15, '16, '17
    South: '15, '16, '17, '18
    Well it's not looking like today.... :(

• The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Weird....sometimes, when I try to bring up the Pax site on my smartphone, it brings up "dunsp.vzw.com". Does anyone else have this issue? Is it going to effect my ability to get tickets when the time comes?

Additionally, when I look at the details for it, it says "Issued by Symantec Class 3". My phone considers it "Not trusted".

The Word of Bird on
    Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
    I have a feeling that tickets will probably be on sale on the 20th. Last year they did wait until we were past the 100 day mark, so it would make sense that we'd be down to about the same this year.
    I read somewhere that this year they wanted to have the ticket sales earlier than last year.
    Weird....sometimes, when I try to bring up the Pax site on my smartphone, it brings up "dunsp.vzw.com". Does anyone else have this issue? Is it going to effect my ability to get tickets when the time comes?
    That's something to do with mobile hotspots

• The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular

Thanks Dreamwriter! It's been bugging me a lot. Should I contact my provider then?

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I read somewhere that this year they wanted to have the ticket sales earlier than last year.
    I also heard this, but it was earlier in this thread. Not sourced to anything official. But if the rules are "not as late" and "later in May", we have 2 prime Prime candidates. 5/13 and 5/20.

YoungFrey wrote: »
    I also heard this, but it was earlier in this thread. Not sourced to anything official. But if the rules are "not as late" and "later in May", we have 2 prime Prime candidates. 5/13 and 5/20.

I see what you did there ;)

Gaming since 1986.
  • CodextehFishCodextehFish Vancouver, CanadaRegistered User regular

Entirely possible/probable. We'll just have to wait and see.

Attendee:
    Prime: '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15
    West: '16, '17
    East: '14, '15, '16, '17
    South: '15, '16, '17, '18
  • CilohaCiloha Registered User regular
    I have been using teamviewer to watch chrome refresh the registration page, but every time I close teamviewer on my phone there's a prompt that appears on my computer that covers the 'soon' bit, so when I go back on teamviewer I have a mild burst of excitement when I see 'register online.' Then I get disappointed when I realize that it still says 'soon' after I close the prompt. Haha

edited May 2015
    Are we sure the tickets will never go on sale Monday or Tuesday? And did they confirm that they're using the same company as last time?

In other news, I've cracked the code!:

"S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe the object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".

The Word of Bird on
    Gaming since 1986.
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Are we sure the tickets will never go on sale Monday or Tuesday?

In other news, I've cracked the code!:

"S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe the object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".

Wednesday has been the day for the last 5 US Paxen. Does that mean anything? Yes. Until it doesn't.

Hmmm...so I'll probably still check Monday and Tuesday, just in case.... I'm also curious about something. There's been comments about using "auto-fill" when you get tickets on your phone, but I have no idea what that is. Is it an app? Is it useful?

Gaming since 1986.
    edited May 2015
    Hmmm...so I'll probably still check Monday and Tuesday, just in case....

Don't forget Thursday and Friday. Any day is up for grabs but weekdays have the larger probability of it happening on.

adias.angel on
    Ah yes....Soon isn't a day per say, but a time and place we must be in order for it to be observed, and thusly enjoyed.

Gaming since 1986.
    6Zm0Pso.png

edited May 2015
    6Zm0Pso.png

The bobcats are out too Soon I think. There must've been a leak. Or that's just a counterfeit one. Check its teeth.

The Word of Bird on
    Gaming since 1986.
  • Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular
    Alright well saw Avengers so now I can focus on trying to get Pax badges this year, let the F5ing begin!

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
  • KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    I'm going to Canada on Friday next week so I would estimate... 5/20. This is the second time things have been happening while I'm in Canada. It's inevitable that it happens while I'm traveling. Thank you jesus for push notifications from Twitter.

• pogoplaypogoplay Writer/Blogger/Gamer Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    That moment you decide to are going to try going to PAX and E3 this year and tickets haven't sold out gone on sale yet.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010, PAX Prime 2011, PAX Prime 2012, PAX Prime 2014.
    Attending: PAX Prime 2016
    Twitter @Pogoplay
    That moment when your boyfriend has tasked you with wrangling tickets and hotel registration and you think: "He needs to put a ring on it!"

Gaming since 1986.
    That moment when your boyfriend has tasked you with wrangling tickets and hotel registration and you think: "He needs to put a ring on it!"

.. At PAX!

This discussion has been closed.