As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tickets for Dummies??

• LymerikLymerik Registered User new member
    Alright thanks! Hopefully I'm fast enough to snag some badges this year!

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Lymerik wrote: »
    This will be my first PAX and I too live in Canada. I'm in Whitehorse Yukon and I am prepared to camp the PAX site until badges go on sale but my huge fear is that since I'm in a small town in Northern Canada, that I won't receive my badges in time. I have not seen the checkout page for purchasing badges is there like a faster shipping option available? Also, what is the "will call" option you guys have been talking about? Thanks
    You do not need to worry. If they don't arrive, PAX is very good about replacing tickets that don't. It's happened to me and it was no issue. A number of people had this at South this year and as far as I know it all worked out fine too. And if you can't stop worrying, select "will call" and pick them up at the show.

• JasonGreveJasonGreve Gamer Registered User regular
    Lymerik wrote: »
    This will be my first PAX and I too live in Canada. I'm in Whitehorse Yukon and I am prepared to camp the PAX site until badges go on sale but my huge fear is that since I'm in a small town in Northern Canada, that I won't receive my badges in time. I have not seen the checkout page for purchasing badges is there like a faster shipping option available? Also, what is the "will call" option you guys have been talking about? Thanks

Will Call means they don't ship you your badges and you just pick them up at the expo the day before or the day of. If you are worried about shipping times, this is the best option for you by far.

• RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    I have three bold predictions:

One: There will be no multi day pass, only single days available to the general public.

Two: Due to pax south there will be less demand, but not a lot. Maybe Fri-Sat takes hours, not minutes to go this time.

Three: Tickets will go on sale in March! March I say! Early East and no PAX south to invent mean less delay.

PW0oFIs.png
  • kaZombiekaZombie AlbertaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I have three bold predictions:

One: There will be no multi day pass, only single days available to the general public.

Two: Due to pax south there will be less demand, but not a lot. Maybe Fri-Sat takes hours, not minutes to go this time.

Three: Tickets will go on sale in March! March I say! Early East and no PAX south to invent mean less delay.

I've heard a couple people predict they will go on sale in march. I kinda hope they do just so the stress is over and done with @-@ --

kaZombie on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It seemed to me like most of the people at South were going to their first PAX. I think it succeeded very well in getting more people into a pax that wanted to go to a pax, but I'm not so sure it will actually relieve any demand on the other shows.

I'm with Zerzhul on this one. PAX South is another venue for the PAX experience. Think of all the people who started with Prime and now go to every PAX; there are quite a few of them. I think PAX South actually had the opposite effect of what you suggest, in that it will mean more demand at Prime because it's just opening the eyes of some market share to what they were missing out on before.

I like the optimism in RidleyDragon's predictions, but I'll throw mine in the hat:

1) 4-Day pass stays, sold out in minutes. Not in the queue within 30 seconds of it going live (not the tweet, the actual link being live) means you don't get a shot at one.

2) Supply vs Demand problem still exists. Tickets will sell out faster this year than they did last year.

3) Hotels within ~2 block proximity also sell out in minutes (Westin, Hyatt, Sheraton, etc).

• kaZombiekaZombie AlbertaRegistered User regular
    Has anyone ever stayed in vacation homes? Me and my friends were looking at renting from somewhere on vrbo. Is there a benefit of trying to get a hotel instead?

kaZombie wrote: »
    Has anyone ever stayed in vacation homes? Me and my friends were looking at renting from somewhere on vrbo. Is there a benefit of trying to get a hotel instead?

I think a lot of people airbnb it honestly. The benefit to the hotel is the experience. I'll copy pasta you something I posted on reddit about it:

[–]Kostan-JG 3 points 7 months ago
    I'll second the Sheraton. I've been to nearly every PAX and we've stayed at the Sheraton basically every time (with the exception of 2 years at the Westin). Not only does the Sheraton have board game night, a ton of other PAX folk, and the best proximity to the conference (in my opinion), but at any given time on any given day with 2 days of the expo you will just find the vibe there amazing.
    Last year, my group of friends were playing Battlestar Galactica in the lobby. The entire 3 hour long game came down to a dice roll for victory. By this time it was probably 2am, and there was a crowd of people invested and watching the outcome. A human played the Strategic Planning card which meant it was even odds on our last jump to win the game. Quite literally we had played this game for 3 hours, with about 40 people watching, for it all to come down to a single roll of the dice. The die was cast onto a marble counter behind our couch, and it seemed to bounce and toss and turn for an eternity. As a hush fell over the entire lobby, I can only assume the 2am lobby returned to its natural state; quiet. Upon the last ounce of inertia the die had, a slow topple revealed the humans had achieved their final jump and had reached Earth! THE CROWD ERUPTED IMMEDIATELY. Collective cheers and groans from both Human supporter and Cylon supporting scum alike filled the lobby and a feeling of euphoria for those of us playing washed over.
    That night was awesome, and every other night in that environment.
    Stay at the Sheraton if you can, it's worth it.

• CerebusCerebus Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    It seemed to me like most of the people at South were going to their first PAX. I think it succeeded very well in getting more people into a pax that wanted to go to a pax, but I'm not so sure it will actually relieve any demand on the other shows.

While the "Pax Sell Out Dates" spreadsheet does show that each successive PAX Prime has sold out faster than it's previous year, PAX East actually sold out slower this year than last year (37 days as opposed to 15 days). I would argue that this was a direct impact of the introduction of PAX South. The dates were very close together, meaning a lot of folks who attended South probably didn't also attend East. Now I'm not saying this is going to have any impact on PAX Prime. The introduction of PAX East certainly didn't make PAX Prime tickets sell out slower, so I don't think that the introduction of PAX South is going to either. Besides, Prime can't hold as many people as East.

It would be interesting to see the data about where people were attending each show from. I don't know whether any effort has been made to track the addresses for each PAX ticket order to see the numbers, but I bet somebody was tracking that data and that's at least part of the reason why the new shows were introduced where they were. Prime was the first PAX, so the data there would be skewed. A lot of folks have probably made PAX Prime a tradition. I bet it will always sell out quickly.

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular

I am also thinking the same thing. Although it makes me sad as I have my other 4-day passes hanging on my wall at work so they all match.
    JasonGreve wrote: »
    2) Supply vs Demand problem still exists. Tickets will sell out faster this year than they did last year.

Agreed. I think that PAX South is actually going to whet some new people's pallets for more PAX. I bet we see people who were first timers at South head to Prime now.

I actually am thinking the same thing. It seems last year was might have been the anomaly. I would bet end of March if not start of April.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • SanDogWepsSanDogWeps Limerick Monger San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Haven't seen the Forum Badges thread yet. Looking forward to this year's design options...

I am pretty much skipping the F5 on the work computer this year. Last 2 years, badges have been bought on the cell phone courtesy of a Twitter push. One of them amidst a couple glares during a meeting. Sorry fellas - you wasting tax dollars is frankly less important than my badges...

I made a hotel reservation at the W the week after PAX '14. Starwood Preferred Guest membership has its perks.

keyanEQ2_100x400.gif
  • Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    So I turned my page monitor back on today. Set it to check every hour instead of 30 seconds for changes on the pax pages. Anyone else starting up their tools again?

Which tools be they? Heard about this last year but never thought to use it.

May PAX be upon you.
  • stperonastperona Registered User regular
    @kaZombie one caution with airbnb or similar is if the host decides to cancel your reservation there's not a lot of recourse in getting replacement accommodations and you'll be on your own to find something.

I talked to a few people who had this happen last year and were scrambling to find somewhere new to stay a couple weeks before pax. Hotels, especially the ones with PAX blocks, its their primary business so a bit more reliable in my opinion.

Also in the past airbnb haven't been a ton cheaper from what I've seen. Hosts realize its a big weekend, in the past with PAX, bumper shoot and the holiday the rates rival those of the hotels for anything in the same areas. Might be different this year since its not over the holiday.

• HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    kaZombie wrote: »

@kaZombie I've exclusively stayed with Airbnb and VRBO locations for the past 3 Primes. As @stperona stated above, you do have to be concerned about canceled reservations from the hosts, but I generally look at places with a fair amount of reviews (20+), little to no cancellations on their records (and if there are, how soon beforehand were they canceled), and I also try to stay outside of the main con area. I prefer West Seattle near Alki, then taking the water taxi into downtown. I have also stayed south of the University, with a 1.2 mile walk to WSCC. I generally prefer having a place with a washer and dryer if I'm going to be vacationing for longer than just PAX, but it generally comes down to personal preference.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I think PAX South actually had the opposite effect of what you suggest, in that it will mean more demand at Prime because it's just opening the eyes of some market share to what they were missing out on before.

*raises hand* I am indeed one of those people. Went to South and enjoyed it; only downside was actually all of the PAX 'veteran' attendees whining about how small it was compared to Prime or East. So that spurred me to try for Prime this year since I had such a good time at South.

I do hope tickets go on sale in March. Been checking the spreadsheets provided (thanks again, awesome posters!) and utilizing the fantastic tips everyone has been giving. With these and some luck, hopefully I can snag some tickets.

IncreaseBlue on
    I think PAX South actually had the opposite effect of what you suggest, in that it will mean more demand at Prime because it's just opening the eyes of some market share to what they were missing out on before.

*raises hand* I am indeed one of those people. Went to South and enjoyed it; only downside was actually all of the PAX 'veteran' attendees whining about how small it was compared to Prime or East. So that spurred me to try for Prime this year since I had such a good time at South.

I do hope tickets go on sale in March. Been checking the spreadsheets provided (thanks again, awesome posters!) and utilizing the fantastic tips everyone has been giving. With these and some luck, hopefully I can snag some tickets.

Welcome to the personhood! Enjoy the grind that is Prime badges, it'll harden you, build your character, and make you the e-man/woman you've always wanted to be...

• castorboycastorboy Registered User new member
    http://forum.frontrowcrew.com/discussion/9953/pax-prime-2015
    So, club pa apparently did THIS again. Last year, it was only one badge you could buy; but, this guy said he bought "badges"...so how many could the club pa'ers buy this year?? Even less 4-day badges are now available for us to buy.

• CerebusCerebus Registered User regular
    stperona wrote: »
    Also in the past airbnb haven't been a ton cheaper from what I've seen. Hosts realize its a big weekend, in the past with PAX, bumper shoot and the holiday the rates rival those of the hotels for anything in the same areas. Might be different this year since its not over the holiday.

I booked an apartment for less than $100 a night literally right next door to the convention center. That's half the rate of a hotel, even with the PAX block discount. I took a risk booking early, but I think it was worth the discount. With the money I saved on the hotel, I can afford scalped tickets if I need to go that route.

• RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    castorboy wrote: »
    So, club pa apparently did THIS again. Last year, it was only one badge you could buy; but, this guy said he bought "badges"...so how many could the club pa'ers buy this year?? Even less 4-day badges are now available for us to buy.

Darn it Khoo... I thought you got the message to not do that this year after last year's thing got leaked... I thought Club PA wasn't supposed to be a PAX pass tax.

I got the conversation screenshotted for good measure: http://i.imgur.com/1tyh1mq.jpg

Be ready everyone.

tw787Xr.png

• PookyAlertPookyAlert Registered User regular
    Is someone who's paranoid and not at all lazy able to see the time between Club PA-gate last year and the actual ticket sales date? :biggrin: Because I'm all about reading into things that aren't there this week. :smile:

RavenHusky wrote: »

Darn it Khoo... I thought you got the message to not do that this year after last year's thing got leaked... I thought Club PA wasn't supposed to be a PAX pass tax.

I got the conversation screenshotted for good measure: http://i.imgur.com/1tyh1mq.jpg

Be ready everyone.

I'm going to take a stand on behalf of Khoo and PA honestly, as this discussion is tired out. If you can, in fact, already purchase badges for Prime via Club PA (I'm not a member so I wouldn't know) then cool, grats on having badges thats awesome!

I'm sure a vast majority of you will disagree with this stance, but whatever, free country.

If Penny Arcade wants to offer a perk to PA members, whom support them year round with a monetary requirement, then good for them. That is awesome of them as a company. You are taking care of your own. These people support you and they deserve whatever you can give back to them. If that means one of the perks is being able to pre-purchase badges then so be it.

Should this be considered a badge tax? Nope, not in my opinion; I'll tell you why. I've spoke with Robert Khoo on a handful of occasions and respect him immensely. He is a smart, considerate person that can be relied on to make proper decisions in nearly every situation. If you think for a second that he would jeopardize the ability of a vast majority of PA fans to attend PAX you are delusional. The reason ClubPA shouldn't be considered a badge tax, is because it's not the only way to procure badges. I've never been a member; I've gone every year.

The argument is typically that it's unfair, or that you shouldn't have to afford ClubPA in order to have a better chance at 4-day passes. While that may be true, it's also not truly hampering your ability to attend by any fathomable number. Not being a member of ClubPA is your choice, not theirs. If PAX really means that much to you you'll skip eating out a few times a year and get ClubPA for the slim chance that it grants you early access to badge purchases. If you can't muster that, then you obviously aren't actually that offended by it :P

Be ready everyone.

If Penny Arcade wants to offer a perk to PA members, whom support them year round with a monetary requirement, then good for them. That is awesome of them as a company. You are taking care of your own. These people support you and they deserve whatever you can give back to them.
    Wait...what makes you so sure their members are supporting them year round? How do you know there aren't members who joined in the last couple months and paid a shorter sub at a chance of this happening again and will cancel their sub until next year this time? Is that taking care of their own?
    Also, I agree last year wasn't detrimental to available tickets cause they only sold one to their members...but how many could club pa members buy this year? Doesn't sound like it was just one...

• PookyAlertPookyAlert Registered User regular
    I don't care who sold what to whom when. I sorta maybe care about how soon after the Club PA sell happened the general sale happened last year. I'm feeling paranoid and prone to interpreting random acts as meaningful in the sense of when I might have to sit down at my computer and refresh a monitor. Because logically I know there are all sorts of reasons why the time between the two sales periods would be different this year, and I don't care anyway. :smile:

Be ready everyone.

I'm going to take a stand on behalf of Khoo and PA honestly, as this discussion is tired out. If you can, in fact, already purchase badges for Prime via Club PA (I'm not a member so I wouldn't know) then cool, grats on having badges thats awesome!

I'm sure a vast majority of you will disagree with this stance, but whatever, free country.

If Penny Arcade wants to offer a perk to PA members, whom support them year round with a monetary requirement, then good for them. That is awesome of them as a company. You are taking care of your own. These people support you and they deserve whatever you can give back to them. If that means one of the perks is being able to pre-purchase badges then so be it.

Should this be considered a badge tax? Nope, not in my opinion; I'll tell you why. I've spoke with Robert Khoo on a handful of occasions and respect him immensely. He is a smart, considerate person that can be relied on to make proper decisions in nearly every situation. If you think for a second that he would jeopardize the ability of a vast majority of PA fans to attend PAX you are delusional. The reason ClubPA shouldn't be considered a badge tax, is because it's not the only way to procure badges. I've never been a member; I've gone every year.

The argument is typically that it's unfair, or that you shouldn't have to afford ClubPA in order to have a better chance at 4-day passes. While that may be true, it's also not truly hampering your ability to attend by any fathomable number. Not being a member of ClubPA is your choice, not theirs. If PAX really means that much to you you'll skip eating out a few times a year and get ClubPA for the slim chance that it grants you early access to badge purchases. If you can't muster that, then you obviously aren't actually that offended by it :P

If they were being completely transparent about the whole thing, then it wouldn't be as much of an issue. The fact that they are trying to keep it secret again is the big issue. On the flip side of it, if I knew ahead of time that being a member of Club PA guarantees you a pass, then yeah, I would have paid for it, but at that point, paying extra to guarantee you the opportunity to buy passes, that's pretty much a badge tax.

I don't subscribe to Club PA because I have no need for the perks they're publicly advertising. I'm just a regular guy who enjoys gaming, and wants to go to PAX like everyone else. The thing about PAX is that it is meant to be open to the general public, and hiding an unknown number of tickets away from the general public reduces the chance that other regular people have to get tickets, and defeats the spirit of PAX being open to the public.

tw787Xr.png

• tokyovoguetokyovogue Registered User new member
    edited March 2015
    I don't subscribe to Club PA because I have no need for the perks they're publicly advertising. I'm just a regular guy who enjoys gaming, and wants to go to PAX like everyone else. The thing about PAX is that it is meant to be open to the general public, and hiding an unknown number of tickets away from the general public reduces the chance that other regular people have to get tickets, and defeats the spirit of PAX being open to the public.

For me, PA is kinda like what Calvin and Hobbes is to many people. I grew up with them! I know all their characters; most of their "poem" type comics I can prattle off my heart. I find Jerry's posts hilarious and so well written, and Mike's art is gorgeous. So for me, it's more than just enjoying gaming. PAX is a chance to see the people I've followed since I was a kid and who I've looked up to my whole life and genuinely respect. So while PAX is incredibly important to me for many of the same reasons as it is to you (and although I've never been the whole concept excites me a lot), the biggest appeal by far is getting a chance to see Mike and Jerry and the incredible world they've built, even if its from a distance.

I imagine that, if this is all true, then PA is trying to benefit the people that love all the perks that come with clubPA, not just the passes. (Edit: They would potentially be rewarding superfans who want all sorts of PA perks.)

I first found PA back in 2002 when I was the only "gamer" girl out of my group of girlfriends. I was 13, and none of my best friends understood why I was such a geek. They sent me this comic: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/10/07 as a way of telling me to shut up about the games already. They were sick of it, and as a young teenage girl I was sad my friends were so bothered by me just being me. However, through that comic, I found a place to call home. So PAX is warm feels from childhood (again, haven't ever been, but as a PA fan, the event sounds like pretty much a life pinnacle event). It's a whole lot more than being a "regular guy who loves gaming" - though I do love gaming!

Sorry, had to add ONE more thing!
    I almost agree with the general public comment (yes, this is a convention aimed at being public!), HOWEVER! Every convention I've ever worked, of which I have worked many, has been public. There are ALWAYS tickets set aside for VIP folks or friends / family of those involved in the event, stakeholders, or just people that the committee organizing the event want present. It's pretty standard operating procedure.

tokyovogue on
  • hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    I wasn't going to mention this on the forums but since the cat is out of the bag, Club PA members were allowed to purchase 2 sets of one-day badges.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    My only real thing to add is that there's no way someone could have joined club pa in March hoping there would be a hypothetical presale for an event at the end of August.

RidleyDragon on
    PW0oFIs.png
  • 19131913 Registered User new member
    I wasn't going to mention this on the forums but since the cat is out of the bag, Club PA members were allowed to purchase 2 sets of one-day badges.

Out of curiosity, What price are the one day badges this year?

My only real thing to add is that there's no way someone could have joined club pa in March hoping there would be a hypothetical presale for an event at the end of August.
    They probably could have based off of last year.

Oh, last year was a single 4 day pass. Maybe next year will be 3 sets they can buy; or, a 4 day and 2 sets. I better plan on joining club pa next year about this time.
    This just says "Hey, scalpers everywhere! Blow up the club pa registration next year cause this is a regular thing and you're getting PAX tickets! We have this half-assed security in place, so all you have to do is pick up your tickets in person and then deliver it to the buyer!"

That has me both somewhat relieved but concerned for a different reason. Either they compromised by keeping all the 4 days open to the public, or that means that they got rid of 4-day passes altogether.

How much were the passes? Because I'm buying for two instead of just myself this year, and was still going to try to get a pair of 4-day passes, but if they got rid of 4-days all together, that puts a crunch on my wallet.

tw787Xr.png

Be ready everyone.

If Penny Arcade wants to offer a perk to PA members, whom support them year round with a monetary requirement, then good for them. That is awesome of them as a company. You are taking care of your own. These people support you and they deserve whatever you can give back to them.
    Wait...what makes you so sure their members are supporting them year round? How do you know there aren't members who joined in the last couple months and paid a shorter sub at a chance of this happening again and will cancel their sub until next year this time? Is that taking care of their own?
    Also, I agree last year wasn't detrimental to available tickets cause they only sold one to their members...but how many could club pa members buy this year? Doesn't sound like it was just one...

I wouldn't even care if they subbed for like 1 month, got the perk, and left to be honest with you. Were you a member at the time this occurred? Yes? Did you take advantage of the perk? Yes? Cool. You paid at a minimum $10 more for your tickets than any non-ClubPA member and at a minimum that $10 went to the company who brings you this glorious event, the content you love, laughs, love, triumph over evil, etc. If this type of scenario were a problem, and Khoo were genuinely concerned it would affect the overall PAX experience then it wouldn't occur (he'd cap the amount so once they were out they were out, etc).

Again, I understand not everyone will agree with me. Put your faith in Robert Khoo. The guy has a solid understanding of this, he set up and has effectively run 4 of them quarterly throughout the year.

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    PedroAsani was warned for this.
    @Dromaro What exactly is wrong with you?

Tube on
  • PerestroikaPerestroika Registered User regular
    So I turned my page monitor back on today. Set it to check every hour instead of 30 seconds for changes on the pax pages. Anyone else starting up their tools again?

Hell, I never even turned mine off. Occasionally I would be browsing on Chrome and my little chime would go off. I never turn off my sms notifications either.

It's just me, a block of dirt, and a cavern full of danger.
    PAX Prime Attendee: '10, '12, '13, '14
    Prime 2015 Cosplay: Hilda, Female Sunset City Hero, Squirtle Squad url="http://www.facebook.com/steleus"]X[/url
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    PookyAlert wrote: »
    I don't care who sold what to whom when. I sorta maybe care about how soon after the Club PA sell happened the general sale happened last year. I'm feeling paranoid and prone to interpreting random acts as meaningful in the sense of when I might have to sit down at my computer and refresh a monitor. Because logically I know there are all sorts of reasons why the time between the two sales periods would be different this year, and I don't care anyway. :smile:

It looks like it was a little over a week from the Club PA sale to public sale last year. While that doesn't mean a whole lot for this year, it does tell us they are working on Prime and have their system set up. This means tickets could go on sale very soon instead of the long wait we had last year.

IhtGIyi.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    Dromaro What exactly is wrong with you?
    Attempting to call out someone who is not participating in the thread and has no post history here is unnecessary at best.

• LetMeInLetMeIn Registered User regular
    1913 wrote: »

Out of curiosity, What price are the one day badges this year?

$160 each set but I'm still not sure if they are for pax prime because yes, same type of thing from last year but it doesn't say what you're buying just some event in the fall and you need to pick the set up at will call. Google list fall for 2015 from September 23 to December 21 that is after Pax Prime but Pax Aus is in that time... oh but that would be southern hemisphere bah I don't know. Oh and no where does it say keep this a secret

LetMeIn wrote: »

$160 each set but I'm still not sure if they are for pax prime because yes, same type of thing from last year but it doesn't say what you're buying just some event in the fall and you need to pick the set up at will call. Google list fall for 2015 from September 23 to December 21 that is after Pax Prime but Pax Aus is in that time... oh but that would be southern hemisphere bah I don't know. Oh and no where does it say keep this a secret

Crud... that means one day passes have gone up to $40 each. :(
    Hopefully 4-day passes don't increase that much...

tw787Xr.png

• I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    Here I thought they said back in Jan of 2014 that PAX and Penny Arcade were going to separate, I guess not...
    Source: http://penny-arcade.com/news/post/2014/01/01/resolutions

ZYseqtZ.png
  • KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Not that anything is going to change anyone's mind who disagrees with PA's decision to reward backers, but they didn't say to keep it a secret this year. They weren't hiding anything, nor did they ask people to be complicit with their desires. People are just not slapping their butts with their tickets and making nah nah ne boo boo sounds, most hopefully because this isn't particularly something to brag about. I find this a kind and unexpected gesture from a company I love.

Though I am a pin collector and I devore the podcasts, I support ClubPA because I want to support a company I love that does things that I adore. It's literally a thank you from them. It shouldn't matter if I supported them all of last year or am just starting now; why should there be a qualification of validity? And getting two tickets was kind since many couples who are fans subscribe only once but share the content.

I doubt this will be a regular thing and they may switch it up from year to year. But this is literally the biggest way they can say thank you to fans that support them so I don't begrudge them that. I highly doubt scalpers are that big of an issue, given how liberally Khoo and PAX have addressed it. They are obviously keeping a sharp gaze on PAX because they love it as much as we do and only strive to make it better.

I am guessing they got rid of 4 day passes due to the price. It makes sense though to make room for more people that way. I'm all for it.

Keroan on
This discussion has been closed.