As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tickets for Dummies??

• Options
    valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I'm thinking April 8th is looking the more likely date for tickets to finally go on sale. Will still be watching the site carefully though.

Well now I feel foolish. Next week for sure! ;)

Could still yet be today. The traditional window is still open for a little while.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to recall that they had the countdown started before tickets wen on sale in previous years. So wouldn't that be a sign that tickets are still a little while off since that has not been updated?

valdor on
    3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    zerzhul wrote: »
    No, that has not been stated in any official capacity as far as I know.

Some people are saying Robert said it at East but I don't remember him doing so.
    That's certainly possible, in an informal setting, but as it hasn't been announced I wouldn't consider it "official" in that capacity.

• Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    I'm thinking April 8th is looking the more likely date for tickets to finally go on sale. Will still be watching the site carefully though.

Last year the tickets went on sale at about 11:12 am Pacific time, which would put it at a half hour from now if it's happening today. So I'd keep my eyes peeled :)

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    valdor wrote: »

Could still yet be today. The traditional window is still open for a little while.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to recall that they had the countdown started before tickets wen on sale in previous years. So wouldn't that be a sign that tickets are still a little while off since that has not been updated?

I've been F5ing for the last 3 Primes and I've never seen the page update before the sale. And maybe it has and I just have missed it :) That would kind of be a dead giveaway though I think, and that's the last thing they want to do.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Pavio wrote: »

I've been F5ing for the last 3 Primes and I've never seen the page update before the sale. And maybe it has and I just have missed it :) That would kind of be a dead giveaway though I think, and that's the last thing they want to do.

The last couple years the page updated to say 2015 and the infamous soon image replaced the purchase button. That's usually the warning to start F5'ing.

EDIT: Also there was a LONG gap (as in days) between when the soon image appeared and the badge sales went live.

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Registered User regular
    I wonder if they have some sort of site monitoring that will post the tickets for sale when the 'F5 refresh' # of hits gets to a certain threshold. That way, tickets go on sale when demand gets to a certain level, meaning they will sell out sooner.

• Options
    shortnowshortnow Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    CodeMonkey, I wouldn't think they have to worry about quick sellouts. Probably have higher priority activities to take care of, as well.

• Options

The last couple years the page updated to say 2015 and the infamous soon image replaced the purchase button. That's usually the warning to start F5'ing.

EDIT: Also there was a LONG gap (as in days) between when the soon image appeared and the badge sales went live.

You're right, how could I forget about SOON. I suppose last year though was a little different from normal as well because it was a lot more delayed them normal. I'd really rather not wait until May again this year...

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    Csifreak86Csifreak86 Registered User regular
    So far I have been casually checking. Until I see the Soon button and the 2015 I am not to worried about it.

• Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015

Last year the tickets went on sale at about 11:12 am Pacific time, which would put it at a half hour from now if it's happening today. So I'd keep my eyes peeled :)

No, they went on sale closer to 10:00 AM PST. I have can post a pic of my email with a 10:32 AM PST time stamp if you want.

This is also the tweet from last year. It is time stamped 10:12 May 28th 2014

Also, Skelevaders table confirms what I have.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AilPyWyh2FlbdGtjaG1pYjlMWENKaEdxY2dGRU95V1E&usp=sharing#gid=0

I3izzy on
    ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I3izzy wrote: »

No, they went on sale closer to 10:00 AM PST. I have can post a pic of my email with a 10:32 AM PST time stamp if you want.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AilPyWyh2FlbdGtjaG1pYjlMWENKaEdxY2dGRU95V1E&usp=sharing#gid=0

Tweets are time stamped in local time for the user (that tweet posted shows 11:12 AM for me in MDT). Likely Pavio is in Mountain time as well and saw the same thing.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015

Tweets are time stamped in local time for the user (that tweet posted shows 11:12 AM for me in MDT). Likely Pavio is in Mountain time as well and saw the same thing.

Which is still 10:12 PST. And his initial post said tickets went up at 11:12 Pacific time.
    I hovered over his initial post I quoted about the time and it was 10:51 AM PST. He said there was stated that tickets went on sale a half hour from then. I just wanted to let him know his times were off.

If he had called out a different time zone I wouldn't have let him know his time was off. But he called out the Pacific Time Zone.

I3izzy on
    ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    CerebusCerebus Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    My page monitor just notified me that Pax DEV site updated and is now showing 2015 instead of 2014. It also says that DEV tickets are now available but the link is not working. I WAS able to find the Pax DEV event on Showclix, however, but the tickets are listed as not on sale. The Pax DEV event was not on Showclix the last time I looked, so it's definitely newly added. http://www.showclix.com/event/PAXDev2015/pre-sale

None of this necessarily has anything to do with the Prime ticket window, but there is movement afoot.

EDIT: The pax Dev registration link is now taking me to a 404 error page instead of the wrong Showclix event link. There is definitely tinkering going on on the Pax DEV page. I imagine that means DEV will go on sale before Prime this year.

Cerebus on
  • Options
    ScunosiScunosi WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I was hoping tickets would go up today as I'm doing all-day training at my desk at work so it'd be super-easy to pause and grab them. It does feel kind of early for it still, though maybe that's just last year's drag-out messing with me.

Not relevant to this year's sale but WA is working on passing a bill to ban the use of ticket-buying bots. Not sure how that would actually be enforced or what sort of hold it would have if any on people based out of state, but it'll be interesting to see the impact if it passes in the coming years.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Scunosi wrote: »
    I was hoping tickets would go up today as I'm doing all-day training at my desk at work so it'd be super-easy to pause and grab them. It does feel kind of early for it still, though maybe that's just last year's drag-out messing with me.

Not relevant to this year's sale but WA is working on passing a bill to ban the use of ticket-buying bots. Not sure how that would actually be enforced or what sort of hold it would have if any on people based out of state, but it'll be interesting to see the impact if it passes in the coming years.

If you base the sales window on "usual time after East" to "usual time before Prime", then the sale window is definitely open. Going by 2011-2013, the window is 3/25-4/22.

• Options

Interesting. I am in Mountain time zone but this is what I see when I go there:
    8qq1j33ib0xu.png

It says 12:12 pm. So... I just checked my time zone and it's set to Central for some reason, so that's my problem. I've fixed it now. I used to live in Iowa (like 5 years ago) and I thought I'd updated that, but obviously I haven't.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    I told myself this year I was going to be more independent.
    I wasn't going to procrastinate going to work in hopes of badge sales.
    Too much time was wasted last year.
    I'll trust my brother.

Yet I'm sitting here thinking "I'll go to work at 11:30".
    The woes of a stupidly flexible work schedule.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options

Interesting. I am in Mountain time zone but this is what I see when I go there:
    8qq1j33ib0xu.png

It says 12:12 pm. So... I just checked my time zone and it's set to Central for some reason, so that's my problem. I've fixed it now. I used to live in Iowa (like 5 years ago) and I thought I'd updated that, but obviously I haven't.

Mystery solved!

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    Not that it's a bad thing but I love that we are analyzing page changes on OTHER pax pages to determine if this pax is going to be available. If there were scuff marks on boulders and ancient untranslatable papyrus sheets found in a damp cave somewhere, darn if we wouldn't have them scanned and be analyzing the lie of the fibers for PAX clues.

It's fun :)

• Options
    skellerskeller San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Keroan wrote: »
    Not that it's a bad thing but I love that we are analyzing page changes on OTHER pax pages to determine if this pax is going to be available. If there were scuff marks on boulders and ancient untranslatable papyrus sheets found in a damp cave somewhere, darn if we wouldn't have them scanned and be analyzing the lie of the fibers for PAX clues.

Obligatory XKCD

• Options
    edited April 2015
    The PAX Dev page has been updated with the showclix link.

Edit: PAX Dev tickets are live.

forbiddenvoid on
    ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    AresselAressel Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    ShowClix link is live now too. Dev tickets are on sale!

Edit: Looks like you can pick up a Prime 4 day set for $160 to go with your Dev ticket. This seems to add more substance to the speculation that 4 days are gone. (Or who knows, they might be holding them all for the regular ticket buying crowd).

Aressel on
  • Options
    10 minutes from live to tweet.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    That tweet gave me a heart attack.

At least I know my SMS notifications are working.

• Options
    Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    That pax prime Dev ticket thing was a bit of a rush....

May PAX be upon you.
  • Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    I think it's fair to say that we should all be on red alert.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    kaZombiekaZombie AlbertaRegistered User regular
    I ALMOST POOPED MYSELF AT WORK

• Options
    OrezbusOrezbus Wichita, KSRegistered User regular
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one freaking out about the alert haha. I was like NOOOO i'm not at my computer.

• Options
    strttrknstrttrkn Registered User regular
    I had one of those cartoon moments where I almost dropped my phone & caught it like 3 times when I saw the first part of the SMS. Talk about heart attack...

"So, she's added cussing and hurling about of things to her repertoire. She really is a prodigy."05UDUCa.png
  • Options
    JayJusticeJayJustice Registered User new member
    I drove like a bat out of hell home and raced to the computer, only to look at my phone again and start cursing.

• Options
    Yup Mild heart attack!

• Options
    Scipo9thScipo9th Registered User regular
    Heart attack? Try full heart stoppage! I fumbled with my phone for about 5mins before I read the text in full!

• Options
    Should probably point out that PAX Dev tickets went on sale a full 6 weeks before Prime tickets did last year. (but 1 month earlier than this year as well).

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    Should probably point out that PAX Dev tickets went on sale a full 6 weeks before Prime tickets did last year. (but 1 month earlier than this year as well).

Well currently I hope that this is true. I need the 6 weeks in between. Hubbys pay period just got moved around so I need tickets to wait a few more weeks.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    So I didn't get any notifications about today's tweet. Not via the app, sms, or email. That's good to know.

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    For those wondering, I can promise you we won't be releasing Prime tickets this month. Go enjoy the rest of it.

Some guy.
  • Options
    Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    Thank you Robert Khoo!

May PAX be upon you.
  • Options
    OrezbusOrezbus Wichita, KSRegistered User regular
    YAY. I can enjoy the spring time lol.

• Options
    CerebusCerebus Registered User regular
    Yeah thanks, Robert. We would have just progressively pounded the website harder and harder the rest of the month. Communication is better for everybody!

• Options
    hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    For those wondering, I can promise you we won't be releasing Prime tickets this month. Go enjoy the rest of it.

Can you speak to what types of badges will be sold when they do go on sale?

row1.pngrow2.png
This discussion has been closed.