As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bed & Breakfast & [chat]

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »

Houshi Ryokan was founded around 1,300 years ago and it has always been managed by the same family since then. 
It is the oldest still running family business in the world.

This ryokan (a traditional japanese style hotel) was built over a natural hot spring in Awazu in central Japan in the year 718. Until 2011, it held the record for being the oldest hotel in the world. 

What.

How did it hold the record of oldest hotel until 2011? This seems impossible by definition. Either it continues to hold then record, or it never held the record.

Some dirty motherfuckers were finally able to prove they had been open since 705!

Houshi relegated to second place!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    That sure is a lot of talented people and Tim Buckley

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Patreon's top 100 creators of 2014 you say?

the search narrows

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    This is one of the most hilariously awesome things that has ever happened to me:

Patreon sent out an e-mail congratulating the top 100 Creators of 2014, but they didn't BCC it so everyone who got it could reply all. Well, people just started replying to the e-mail chain and joking around and now myself and 99 other "important internet people" are just using it to shoot the shit. Like, literally, Tim Buckley (cad), Erika Moen (oh joy sex toy), Zach Weinersmith (smbc), Zoe Quinn, Nika Harper, a ton of other cool people and myself are spamming eachother's in-boxes and trying to see if we can get Patreon to send us cookies.

Best. E-mail. Ever.

Wasn't Zue Quinn the one who did the thing and the #notallgamersbutmostofthem and something?

Yes. #quinnghazi

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    @Feral‌

I would translate it more as a british cop screaming GET OUT OF THE CAR C***, myself

Robust language in a resented traffic stop into chase is def a thing that gets done.

• Options
    Anyway I like that documentary, not cuz it's about an old hotel but because of the huge burden it places on that family. What a horrible responsibility to have weighing on you.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    This is one of the most hilariously awesome things that has ever happened to me:

Patreon sent out an e-mail congratulating the top 100 Creators of 2014, but they didn't BCC it so everyone who got it could reply all. Well, people just started replying to the e-mail chain and joking around and now myself, 98 other "important internet people" and Tim Buckley are just using it to shoot the shit. Like, literally, Erika Moen (oh joy sex toy), Zach Weinersmith (smbc), Zoe Quinn, Nika Harper, myself, a ton of other cool people and Tim Buckley (cad), are spamming eachother's in-boxes and trying to see if we can get Patreon to send us cookies.

Best. E-mail. Ever.

ftfy

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    so my doctor and I decided this morning that I need to go back on chemo

it's taken all day to sink in and now it's... making me feel things

bro

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    so my doctor and I decided this morning that I need to go back on chemo

it's taken all day to sink in and now it's... making me feel things

bro

pop

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    @evilbob i love hearing about you and chuckles

but that is the worst name for a cat so

:) : ): )

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

Patreon sent out an e-mail congratulating the top 100 Creators of 2014, but they didn't BCC it so everyone who got it could reply all. Well, people just started replying to the e-mail chain and joking around and now myself and 99 other "important internet people" are just using it to shoot the shit. Like, literally, Tim Buckley (cad), Erika Moen (oh joy sex toy), Zach Weinersmith (smbc), Zoe Quinn, Nika Harper, a ton of other cool people and myself are spamming eachother's in-boxes and trying to see if we can get Patreon to send us cookies.

Best. E-mail. Ever.

Wasn't Zue Quinn the one who did the thing and the #notallgamersbutmostofthem and something?

haha you called tim buckley cool

i don't even need to continue

seriously

tim.

buckley.

• Options
    Mildred is the worst name for a cat

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    evilbob i love hearing about you and chuckles

you're gonna feel real dumb when you pet chuckles for the first time and you hear a slow, guttural laugh

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    YOU STARTED WITH TIM BUCKLEY, WINKY.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    B^U

knitdan on
  • Options
    evilbob i love hearing about you and chuckles

I made the mistake of letting my mum name him.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I am trying so hard to understand ray tracing why
    why am I having trouble with this

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    if tim buckley is one of the top 100 patreon people, let alone the one you mention first, i'm pretty sure it's

just never speak of it again

• Options
    I really need to read more of the classics

Ovid wrote this in 16 BC, but all you'd really need to do is change the gods to say, catholic saints, and it could be written by any modern dude today.
    Corinna lies there exhausted in danger of her life,
    after rashly destroying the burden of an unborn child.
    I should be angry: she took that great risk
    and hid it from me: but anger’s quelled by fear.
    All the same it’s me by whom she conceived – or I think so:
    I often take things for facts that only might be.
    Isis, of Paraetonium, and the joyful fields of Canopus,
    you who protect Memphis, and palmy Pharos,
    and the land where the swift Nile spreads in its wide delta,
    its waters flowing through seven mouths to the sea,
    by your sistrum I pray, by the sacred head of Anubis –
    so may Osiris love your holy rites for ever,
    and the slow serpent glide about your altar,
    and the horned Apis follow your procession!
    Turn your face towards us, and spare both in one!
    Then you will grant life to her, and she to me.
    Often she’s taken pains to attend your special days,
    when Gallic laurel crowns your worshippers.
    And you, Ilythia, who pity girls struggling in labour,
    whose hidden child strains their reluctant body,
    be gentle with her and hear my prayers!
    It’s proper for you to demand gifts for yourself.
    I myself, in white, will burn incense on your smoking altars,
    I myself will lay at your feet the gifts I vowed.
    I’ll add an inscription: ‘Naso, for saving Corinna!’
    Make that occasion soon, for the inscription and the gifts.
    If it’s still possible to warn you, girl, in such a state of fear,
    let it be enough for you to have fought this one battle!

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I am trying so hard to understand ray tracing why
    why am I having trouble with this

They are tricky.

I found the first Graphics Gems book useful when learning how to write a simple ray tracer

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    i guess patreon is for horrible internet people to give money to stuff they formerly couldn't buy normally.

and that's cool, i suppose.

it's not what was intended.. what was intended was people funding Shakespeare

but instead we get human cat dick fucking and a horrible webcomic

welcome to the internet

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I am not a Realz Gamerz and I don't really pay attention to super-important gaming bullshit the way some people do

but I have definitely seen a photograph of a naked Tim Buckley holding an Xbox in front of his junk

that is a permanently bad sector on my braindisk now

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I am not a Realz Gamerz and I don't really pay attention to super-important gaming bullshit the way some people do

but I have definitely seen a photograph of a naked Tim Buckley holding an Xbox in front of his junk

You hope the stroke destroys those cells first.

• Options

Just be thankful you aren't an underage girl or there wouldn't have been an xbox.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

Reformat is the only option

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    thanks for your support [chat]. this week has been some bullshit and this is the cherry on top

I am so stoked to meet you fools at PAX East

so stoked

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    I make no excuses for thinking Tim Buckley is a bad dude. Almost anyone else in the world I'd be like 'well, but...' but never with Buckley.

FIRST EXAMPLE.

POOR LIST, WINKSTER.

• Options
    Let it go dude

• Options
    evilbob wrote: »

Just be thankful you aren't an underage girl or there wouldn't have been an xbox.

What would it have been? A WiiU?

• Options
    @AresProphet‌ good luck dude. i'm probably coming to pax east ... but don't expect any easy treatment. all members of chat must enter the octagon. only the strong survive.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »

What would it have been? A WiiU?

an ipod mini

• Options
    AresProphet‌ good luck dude. i'm probably coming to pax east ... but don't expect any easy treatment. all members of chat must enter the octagon. only the strong survive.

Well Ares has very clearly survived worse, so you've got your work cut out for you.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i guess patreon is for horrible internet people to give money to stuff they formerly couldn't buy normally.

welcome to the internet

It's not the internet. It's humanity + anonymity. The internet is our true self.

Imagine what life would be like if we abandoned those higher ideals for the sake of image, and everyone sat around fapping while playing with cats.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i just realized i thought tim buckley was the fat pa-affiliated guy i dislike

which person is that

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i just realized i thought tim buckley was the fat pa-affiliated guy i dislike

which person is that

scott kurtz?

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    thanks for your support [chat]. this week has been some bullshit and this is the cherry on top

I am so stoked to meet you fools at PAX East

so stoked

I can't wait! PAX East is going to be a ton of fun. I have a big bro hug prepared for you, so fair warning.

• Options

welcome to the internet

It's not the internet. It's humanity + anonymity. The internet is our true self.

Imagine what life would be like if we abandoned those higher ideals for the sake of image, and everyone sat around fapping while playing with cats.

that sounds great

have we also invented replicators cause why do anything else

• Options
    Scott Kurtz?

• Options
    Ladies my junk be like an xbox:

glowing green and extremely unpopular in japan

massive and unwieldy

fully operational until a red ring appears around it

fully multiplayer capable but usually reserved for single player games

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Mr Draghi rejected any criticism that the vast expansion of the ECB's easy-money policies would stoke inflation down the road, noting that inflation has stayed very low even after several interest rate cuts and abundant ECB loans to banks.

"There must be a statute of limitations for those who say there will be inflation," Mr Draghi said.

burn, rekt, etc.

aRkpc.gif
This discussion has been closed.