As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] 22 Sep - SOMA | Afro Samurai 2 | FIFA

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    What was the PSO thing that's never coming here?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

The PS4 port of PSO2.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »

The PS4 port of PSO2.

Ah. I just looked away and enjoyed the music and tried to pretend it's 2000 again.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I love this guy. His ill fitting suit is amazing. He also awkwardly stopped halfway across the stage a few times, walking out in the middle of videos.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Toukiden 2! Coming in 2016 for PS3/PS4/Vita.

Edit: Oh wow, Ni-Oh? Only 11 years late but it looked awesome.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Oh yes I want all of that Kingdom Hearts.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    LOL, Kingdom Hearts 2.8. Not even mad.

• Options
    Yooooo that Vanillaware game.

• Options
    ...Operation Raccoon City 2?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Kingdom Hearts II.8 (lol). Dream Drop Distance HD! Plus two new stories? Kingdom Hearts x Back Cover and Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage? I don't understand where they get these names from.

The Vita SaGa game got a name, SaGa Scarlet Grace. World of Final Fantasy looks pretty cool. And they showed a little of that "New JRPG" game they vaguely announced at E3, it's coming out for PS4/Vita.

Oh hey, Vanillaware's next game, published by Atlus for PS4/Vita. It looks pretty cool but they didn't show much.

Resident Evil now. New multiplayer shooter, Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps... Uh, you've already tried this before, Capcom, it sucked.

Edit: Danganronpa 3 time?!

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    It's Danganronpa 3 time!

PS4/Vita

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    Multiplayer Danganronpa? Hm.

• Options
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    Multiplayer Danganronpa? Hm.

Multiplatform, not multiplayer.

• Options
    Yeah, that makes more sense.

• Options
    Price drop! At least for Japan (and probably Asia, their conference is tomorrow). SCEA and SCEE will probably wait until PGW before they follow suit.

• Options
    That TV commercial was amazing.

• Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    Super excited for Gravity Rush 2 and the Bloodborne expansion. I'm disappointed that Capcom didn't have anything to show about Deep Down and Dragon's Dogma 2 (which I hope is a thing). I was suprised there wasn't any new character reveal for Street Fighter V.

Overall, I thought it was a solid showing of new and exciting games, but lots of it is just too Japanese to excite me.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Super excited for Gravity Rush 2 and the Bloodborne expansion. I'm disappointed that Capcom didn't have anything to show about Deep Down and Dragon's Dogma 2 (which I hope is a thing). I was suprised there wasn't any new character reveal for Street Fighter V.

Overall, I thought it was a solid showing of new and exciting games, but lots of it is just too Japanese to excite me.

Dragon's Dogma 2? Yeah, that's not happening any time soon, if at all. Dragon's Dogma Online only came out a week or two ago and that was developed by what's left of the Dragon's Dogma team. It would've been nice if they'd announced a PS4 port of the first game alongside the PC port though.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters, Gravity Rush HD, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza 6, Ni-Oh, World of FF, KH 2.8 and Danganronpa 3 made that a pretty awesome show. I'm also intrigued by 13 Sentinel Aegis Rim (Vanillaware's new game), SaGa and Dragon Quest Builders too.

Edit: Gravity Rush HD's NA release is 9 Feb, EU release is 10 Feb. Q1 is insane next year. Bluepoint's porting it, so we know it'll be excellent.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular

Dragon's Dogma 2? Yeah, that's not happening any time soon, if at all. Dragon's Dogma Online only came out a week or two ago and that was developed by what's left of the Dragon's Dogma team. It would've been nice if they'd announced a PS4 port of the first game alongside the PC port though.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters, Gravity Rush HD, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza 6, Ni-Oh, World of FF, KH 2.8 and Danganronpa 3 made that a pretty awesome show. I'm also intrigued by 13 Sentinel Aegis Rim (Vanillaware's new game), SaGa and Dragon Quest Builders too.

Edit: Gravity Rush HD's NA release is 9 Feb, EU release is 10 Feb. Q1 is insane next year. Bluepoint's porting it, so we know it'll be excellent.

Unless Deep Down becomes Dragon's Dogma 2. Prior to its reveal, it was rumored to be just that. The lastest announcement about Deep Down has been that they've been shifting focus on it, and will be going deeper with it, increasing the scale of the production. Whatever that might mean.

It could well mean turning their back on F2P and shifting it from a new original production to being Dragon's Dogma 2. Here's hoping...

• Options

Unless Deep Down becomes Dragon's Dogma 2. Prior to its reveal, it was rumored to be just that. The lastest announcement about Deep Down has been that they've been shifting focus on it, and will be going deeper with it, increasing the scale of the production. Whatever that might mean.

It could well mean turning their back on F2P and shifting it from a new original production to being Dragon's Dogma 2. Here's hoping...

No, it was speculated/hoped it was Dragon's Dogma 2, right up until they showed gameplay and it turned out to be a Souls-like game with randomly generated dungeons and a futuristic Assassin's Creed style story. At that point, everyone realised they were next to nothing alike. You can't just turn that into an open world game, you may as well start from scratch. The actual reason why it's been pushed back likely has something to do with the Panta Rhei engine being shit, which is why Capcom haven't announced a single other game that uses the engine.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I'm quite excited about Gravity Rush HD. It was one of the games I was interested in for the Vita but have no Vita to play.

Looking forward to giving it a go.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    What did they say about Hot Shots 7

EDIT: looking at the lineup, that's honestly the only thing that interests me

Never mind found the trailer

http://youtu.be/sMSqv70iS0w

Nothing much to say about it but I'm happy it's coming along

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Gravity Rush 1 and 2 on PS4 is like... the best news! Super excited for that! Capcom though, WTF are you doing? At least they were smart enough to announce RE0 and that RE2 was greenlit beforehand.

Also, I thought October was going to be pretty quiet. Basically just Halo. Then I saw an ad for Uncharted Collection on Youtube and found out it's releasing on October 9th. I thought it was December for some reason! Then Wasteland 2 hits PS4 that following Tuesday on the 13th. MGSV should be pretty much done for me by then, but I'm going to need to haul ass on Mad Max...

Edit: Need more info, but Vanillaware's new game seems pretty spiffy too. Giant Mechs? Yes, please!

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    So Gravity Rush on PS4 is a good thing now? Because I remember a lot of people saying that it would never happen, or how it would be such a stupid move to just kneecap the Vita like that.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    The Vita is already kneecapped, dismembered and left for dead

Might as well salvage the good games you can from it and put them on a system people actually own

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Gravity Rush on PS4 could never be a bad thing. If someone hasn't purchased a Vita to play Gravity Rush by now, they probably aren't going to at all. Bring it to PS4 where more people can enjoy this awesome game!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    The Vita is already kneecapped, dismembered and left for dead

Might as well salvage the good games you can from it and put them on a system people actually own

The VITA is the best system on the market if you love quirky Japanese games. Seriously, its a most excellent system, and gets some of the most fun games for my dollars every month. I've bought FAR more VITA games this year than I have PS4 games.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    The Vita is a good system

Much like the Wii U, however, that doesn't mean shit towards its sales

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    PAL Store update:

Uh..... Destiny?
    PS4
    Destiny: The Taken King - £39.99/€39.99/AU$69.95
    Destiny: The Taken King - Legendary Edition - £54.99/€69.99/AU$99.95
    Destiny: The Taken King – Digital Collector’s Edition - £74.99/€89.99/AU$119.95

Quiplash - £8.99/€10.99/AU$16.45

Arcade Archives TERRA CRESTA - £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95

Frozen Free Fall: Snowball Fight - Free to Play

Flame Over - £11.59/€14.49/AU$21.95 (Out 16/09/15)

PES 2016 - £54.99/€59.99/AU$84.95 (Out 17/09/15)

Rugby League Live 3 - £54.99/€64.99/AU$92.95 (Out 17/09/15)

EA Sports NHL 16 - £54.99/€69.99/AU$99.95 (Out 17/09/15)
    EA Sports NHL 16 Deluxe Edition - £64.99/€79.99/AU$107.95 (Out 17/09/15)

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 - £24.99/€29.99/AU$39.95 (Out 18/09/15)

Overruled! - £9.99/€12.99/AU$19.45 (Out 18/09/15)

PS3
    Destiny: The Taken King - £39.99/€39.99/AU$69.95
    Destiny: The Taken King – Digital Collector’s Edition - £74.99/€89.99/AU$119.95

Quiplash - £9.29/€11.25/AU$16.95

PES 2016 Digital Version Bundle - £39.99/€49.99/AU$69.95 (Out 17/09/15)

Rugby League Live 3 - £39.99/€49.99/AU$69.95 (Out 17/09/15)

EA Sports NHL Legacy Edition - £39.99/€49.99/AU$69.95 (out 17/09/15 – 15/09/15 in Russia and Ukraine)

Xblaze Code: Embryo - £19.99/€29.99 (Out 18/09/15)

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 - £19.99/€29.99/AU$39.95 (Out 18/09/15)

Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 Bundle - £19.99/€29.99/AU$39.95 (Out 18/09/15)

PS Vita
    Xblaze Code: Embryo - £19.99/€29.99 (Out 18/09/15)

PS4 DLC
    Evolve - Behemoth Moonstone Skin (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55 each)

NHL 16 - Assorted packs (£0.39/€0.49/AU$0.75)

Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round - x2 (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55 - £24.99/€29.99/AU$44.95)

Frozen Free Fall: Snowball Fight - Assorted characters (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)

Quiplash - Pack 1 (£0.99/€1.19/AU$1.85)

RockSmith - Song Pack 11 The Doors (£6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95 o r £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55 each) (out 16/09/15)

Battlefield Hardline - Robbery (£11.99/€14.99/AU$22.95) (out 16/09/15)

Warframe - Renown Mega Bundle (£15.99/€19.99/AU$29.95) (out 17/09/15)

PES 16 - Assorted coin packs -£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.45 (out 17/09/15)

Deal of the Week (until 23/09/15)
    Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) - Now £43.99/€55.99 Was £54.99/€69.99
    Not available in Bahrain, Israel, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates

Grand Theft Auto V and Great White Shark Card (PS4) - Now £46.87/€59.49 Was £69.95/€84.98
    Not available in Bahrain, Israel, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates

Prototype Biohazard Bundle (PS4) - Now US$54.39 Was US$69.39 (Additional 20% discount for PS Plus members)
    Only available in Bahrain, Israel, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates

PS4 discounts
    Prototype Biohazard Bundle
    20% off original price
    Additional 20% discount for PS Plus members
    Was £39.99/€49.99

Prototype
    20% off original price
    Was £19.99/€29.99

Tropico 5
    30% off original price
    Was £39.99/€59.99

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires
    30% off original price
    Was £44.99/€49.99

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition
    30% off original price
    Was £54.99/€59.99

Samurai Warriors 4
    30% off original price
    Was £54.99/€59.99

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
    30% off original price
    Was £54.99/€59.99

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I remember Gravity Rush getting pretty mixed reviews, with some saying it was amazing, and some saying it was just kinda "eh."

Ah well, I can finally give it a whirl myself once it gets cheap.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    So Gravity Rush on PS4 is a good thing now? Because I remember a lot of people saying that it would never happen, or how it would be such a stupid move to just kneecap the Vita like that.

I thought just the opposite. I'm actually surprised a home console port took this long.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Gravity Rush 1 and 2 on PS4 is like... the best news! Super excited for that! Capcom though, WTF are you doing? At least they were smart enough to announce RE0 and that RE2 was greenlit beforehand.

Also, I thought October was going to be pretty quiet. Basically just Halo. Then I saw an ad for Uncharted Collection on Youtube and found out it's releasing on October 9th. I thought it was December for some reason! Then Wasteland 2 hits PS4 that following Tuesday on the 13th. MGSV should be pretty much done for me by then, but I'm going to need to haul ass on Mad Max...

Edit: Need more info, but Vanillaware's new game seems pretty spiffy too. Giant Mechs? Yes, please!

October's pretty stacked. Uncharted Collection, Wasteland 2, Divinity: Original Sin, Tales of Zestiria, Dragon Quest Heroes, Talos Principle, Transformers: Devastation and Disgaea 5 all hit that month.

It's been almost four years since it first came out. Even if the Vita were in a healthy state, that's a long enough period to where it wouldn't change anything. But seeing as the Vita isn't in a healthy state then it's like, whatever. It doesn't really matter at this point.

• Options
    So GTA V on PS4 finally gets its first sale, though it's still not yet enough for me not to feel ripped off, if I'd buy it. I paid like 80 something bucks the first go-around, and I won't pull the trigger again, if it isn't at least half that. Guess I'll have to wait a little longer to play it in its next gen glory, and in first person perspective. At least if I don't want to feel gouged.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

I think Sony should make a Tearaway: Unfolded/Gravity Rush Remastered bundle called "We Give Up on the Vita Bundle".

Edit: Speaking of which, how DOES the PS4 version of Tearaway compare to the Vita version?

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Anyone talk about Nioh yet? We finally get an answer to "what is Team Ninja without Itagaki?" And the answer is better off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvfGYXIOems

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    The Pan European Game Information Board has rated Ape Escape 2, Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle), and Twisted Metal: Black for PlayStation 4.

Twisted Metal: Black is already available as a PS2 Classic for PlayStation 3 in Europe. It was released in September 2012.

This would appear to be Sony bringing its selection of PS2 Classics from PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4. If anything, we might find out for sure tomorrow, as Sony is holding its SCEJA Press Conference 2015 in Japan.

Yoooooooo

• Options
    More like

Professor Slowglesworth

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    If it wasn't already mentioned, Gravity Rush HD is being handled by Bluepoint. So it will be a good port. Buy it.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I liked the art style of Gravity Rush a bunch, and the biggest issue I had with it was control issues (because it's a Vita), so I imagine it'll be much more pleasant to play on PS4

Release it for the right price ($30 or lower) and I'll definitely give it a chance

UnbreakableVow on