As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Casual Netrunner Online Escalation League (via OCTGN), new players always welcome.

13»

• Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Right, an essentially blank 3 advance/2 point Weyland Agenda. Still, beats priority recs. :hydra:

EDIT: I'm not dissing Atlas. 3/2 agendas are really nice.

Bwah?
    After Project Beale it's the most frequently over-advanced agenda of the over-advanceable variety. Super Modernism builds often rely on them for some wins, as an overadvanced Project Atlas means you can find and score some late game Hostile Takeover's without anything the runner can do about it, or grab all those Scorches when there's an opening.

That aside, even prirecs aren't that bad. The loss of surprise is usually worth the money saved and the reduced agenda density. Now private security forces, those are some poop, especially in the card pool we'll have here.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Albino Bunny seems to be banned.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Endaro wrote: »
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Right, an essentially blank 3 advance/2 point Weyland Agenda. Still, beats priority recs. :hydra:

EDIT: I'm not dissing Atlas. 3/2 agendas are really nice.

Bwah?
    After Project Beale it's the most frequently over-advanced agenda of the over-advanceable variety. Super Modernism builds often rely on them for some wins, as an overadvanced Project Atlas means you can find and score some late game Hostile Takeover's without anything the runner can do about it, or grab all those Scorches when there's an opening.

That aside, even prirecs aren't that bad. The loss of surprise is usually worth the money saved and the reduced agenda density. Now private security forces, those are some poop, especially in the card pool we'll have here.

Maybe the meta got slower while I was away, but last I played, every deck was pretty fast if you were trying to score points rather than flatline the runner.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    If anybody would be willing to play a test round on these new decks, I'd be up for that mid-day PST-ish.

• Options
    Raven1015Raven1015 Registered User new member
    I'll be on for a bit if anyone wants to help a beginner get up to speed.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »

I'm back now.

How would you like to get in touch/organise this stuff?

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    @Variable

Count me in! I've played both in-person games and on OCTGN. I'm still pretty noobish, but I know the game well enough.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »

I'm back now.

How would you like to get in touch/organise this stuff?

Steam chat probably is most convenient for me. My profile is in my sig, feel free to add me. That goes for other people too.

I'm doing things most of this weekend, but some time next week should work. Particularly Wednesday and Thurdsay.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Done, and that's fine. Attending my first actual tournament tomorrow anyway.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    'Dis took both games from me.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Faithfulskeptic brought some fine game, but the heart of the cards were with me today. First I snag a Restructured DataPool from R&D the turn before he psychographics the winning PSF, then I score a PSF as weyland against his Noise (he'd long since gone tag me) and click-click-scorch. He blew up one scorched earth with a demo run of all things, so I was feeling pretty bloodied with my 2 Agenda Points and 2 Bad Publicity, but he never drew his plascrete and I was able to score the PSF behind 2 caduceus.

sig.gif
  • Options
    faithfulskepticfaithfulskeptic Registered User regular
    It was a lot of fun, and I got to ride high on my 6 agenda point train with NBN for a while before getting Medium'd into oblivion.

• Options
    It's been a month since the last round...would we like to continue the casual escalations?

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm a terrible person. I shouldn't start these things as they always require poking people and my enthusiasm for poking quickly dies. Getting all of two matches back from the second lot combined with busy home stuff happening meant this entirely slipped my mind.

If anyone fancies taking over that would be cool. I clearly can't be trusted as steward.

MhCw7nZ.gif