As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Man Makes $900 Burger At A McDonald's Build-Your-Own Kiosk

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    They switched it back?

HAPPY DAYS!

Now I just gotta find somewhere that even caries them.

Gas station

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Alt post: just eat a thousand pies
    (Osw reference)

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Man remember when Fazoli's was awesome in the early 2000's? Their sandwiches used to be way bigger and that's was only half, you could get a full. Also extra breadsticks would be brought around every five minutes. We used to go in and order a drink and eat tons of free delicious breadsticks.

Now you are lucky if they show up once.

I loved Fazoli's! All of them in my area are long gone.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Just eat a thousand pies

This needs to be the new thread title when we hit 100 pages.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I want to remind everyone that Hardee's was so diversified that you only went there if nobody could agree on anything, except that they wanted biscuits. Then it got rid of all the fluff as was all "burgers or nothing" and their campaign slogan was how the last place you go for a burger will become the first.

And Hardee's is definitely my favorite fast food burgers. Five guys isn't quite fast food.

A Hardee's has been the only fast food place in the town closest to me almost since I was born, so there old super broad menu was pretty great back in the day.

Their burgers they have now are really good, as are their chicken tenders. They can be kinda pricey though.

Their fries aren't great, which is kinda annoying.

But their sausage biscuit is best in the fast-food game. No one else is even close.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    All this talk about fast food burgers and no mention of Whataburger. The green chili double is like, my favorite fast food burger, but it costs a bunch of money. Whataburger also has malts, which I adore.

On the topic of BK discontinuing items that made me go there, did anyone else eat the living shit out of some French International Chicken Sandwiches back in the 90s? The Italian ones were also damn good. The French one was swiss cheese, mayo and ham, the Italian one still has limited-time only appearances. bkitalianchicken.jpg

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Most of the country isn't fortunate enough to have Whataburger.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    All this talk about fast food burgers and no mention of Whataburger. The green chili double is like, my favorite fast food burger, but it costs a bunch of money. Whataburger also has malts, which I adore.

On the topic of BK discontinuing items that made me go there, did anyone else eat the living shit out of some French International Chicken Sandwiches back in the 90s? The Italian ones were also damn good. The French one was swiss cheese, mayo and ham, the Italian one still has limited-time only appearances. bkitalianchicken.jpg

I remember when I was a kid, I loved that BK Italian sandwich so I seek it out at least once for nostalgia reasons whenever it reappears

It gets shittier every time, like clockwork.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Completely agree, but it still tastes like my childhood, y'know?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

Well they have them here but green chili is an option for everything here even fried chicken

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »

Well they have them here but green chili is an option for everything here even fried chicken

I figured green chile was just a New Mexico stereotype until I visited a couple of years ago. No, they really do put it on anything. Green chile cheeseburgers are great if you can handle the heat though.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Whataburger, where your small drink can drown a small island

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »

Where the cup has this symbol on the side of it
    32736852_a737f72f91.jpg

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I think McDonalds shot themselves in the foot when they decided to scrap the dollar menu and rename it the "value" menu so they could raise those prices.

• Options
    I don't think McDonald's really had a choice. They were losing money on all the $1 hamburgers.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I actually like a Big Mac now and then, but here in the city it'll cost me like 8 or 9 bucks for the meal, so I'll just walk a block over and get a real hamburger from somewhere else for the same price.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    McDonald's has good coffee, it's true

apparently, their food sales are shit in the U.S. and they're thinking about going full bore on the coffee

They have a separate counter in most stores in Australia called McCafe with different staff (that actually get sent to Barista school!) and much much higher quality coffee supplies and machines. Coffee 'aficionados' still scoff at it, but the coffee they serve up is excellent value for money.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »

Where the cup has this symbol on the side of it
    32736852_a737f72f91.jpg

at long last, I am home

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

apparently, their food sales are shit in the U.S. and they're thinking about going full bore on the coffee

They have a separate counter in most stores in Australia called McCafe with different staff (that actually get sent to Barista school!) and much much higher quality coffee supplies and machines. Coffee 'aficionados' still scoff at it, but the coffee they serve up is excellent value for money.

that's what they had in Japan and I concur, it was nice.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015

They use the same espresso machines in NA, also called McCafe, just usually without the separate counter. Sometimes, though.

I'm reasonably sure Australia was a test market for McCafe, though, because Australia is unusually bonkers for espresso

#pipe on
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Noisymunk wrote: »

Their coffee is better than dunkin' donuts coffee, and if that's true about doubling down on coffee and breakfast, dunkin should be running scared. (DD has a stranglehold on New England. I don't know how people can stomach the coffee or the food, it's Real Bad.)

Dunkin' finally launched here in Houston last year, and while I had fond memories of it from spending a portion of my childhood in Illinois, I was horribly disappointed with it upon revisiting. The donuts were nothing special at all, the coffee was so-so, and I just didn't understand the craze.

Then again, I fucking love Krispy Kreme, so my tastes in donuts may be suspect.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Krispy Kreme has awful dirt-coffee and their donuts lose their appeal quickly when you live near one. I twice a year I'll eat some if I have visitors from out of state or someone brings them to work or they appeal to me with a shameless Ghostbusters promotion.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    cr0w wrote: »
    Noisymunk wrote: »

Their coffee is better than dunkin' donuts coffee, and if that's true about doubling down on coffee and breakfast, dunkin should be running scared. (DD has a stranglehold on New England. I don't know how people can stomach the coffee or the food, it's Real Bad.)

Dunkin' finally launched here in Houston last year, and while I had fond memories of it from spending a portion of my childhood in Illinois, I was horribly disappointed with it upon revisiting. The donuts were nothing special at all, the coffee was so-so, and I just didn't understand the craze.

Then again, I fucking love Krispy Kreme, so my tastes in donuts may be suspect.

Nah, Dunks' quality took a nose dive about 7-8 years ago. It was better back in the 80s-90s (and early aughts)

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Last month when I was in Dayton, OH I found a pretty great burger joint called Smashburger.

The burger itself was solid. I got the avocado club burger. I also had a PB&J milkshake, which was great.

But the best thing about it was one of their french fry alternatives called veggie frites. They were green beans and carrot strips, flash fried, and then tossed with salt and pepper. They were fantastic.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I want a burger, but have trismus from dental work and cannot open my mouth wide enough to bite into one.

I have no mouth, and I must burg.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I want a burger, but have trismus from dental work and cannot open my mouth wide enough to bite into one.

KitchenAid-RKSB580NK-Nickel-5-Speed-Blender-with-56-Ounce-Polycarbonate-Jar-Refurbished-P13037500.jpg

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Oooh, double post.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Sliders. Lots of sliders.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

http://dinnerinabottle.com/cheese-burger

• Options
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Krispy Kreme has awful dirt-coffee and their donuts lose their appeal quickly when you live near one. I twice a year I'll eat some if I have visitors from out of state or someone brings them to work or they appeal to me with a shameless Ghostbusters promotion.

I used to live a couple miles from one, and I knew exactly what time a day to go order a dozen so I'd end up with a box full of hot, gooey, almost-melting fresh ass donuts. At least once a week, I'd go apeshit on a box of those things.

Luckily, they closed right around the time my metabolism decided it was time for a vacation, so I didn't swell up. I miss being under 25.

• Options
    The Geek wrote: »
    Last month when I was in Dayton, OH I found a pretty great burger joint called Smashburger.

The burger itself was solid. I got the avocado club burger. I also had a PB&J milkshake, which was great.

But the best thing about it was one of their french fry alternatives called veggie frites. They were green beans and carrot strips, flash fried, and then tossed with salt and pepper. They were fantastic.

There's a Smashburger a few blocks from my house. I will go there with the sole intent of trying a PB&J milkshake because that sounds super great. I shall also get a burger and some fries for, uh, er, science.

• Options
    The Geek wrote: »

KitchenAid-RKSB580NK-Nickel-5-Speed-Blender-with-56-Ounce-Polycarbonate-Jar-Refurbished-P13037500.jpg

I have suggested this to my mom, who is unable to eat most solid foods because of her throat, and earned only withering looks.

You know that little valve that blocks the entrance to the lungs when food or drink is going down the throat? Well, it's kind of like that hill from Nightmare Before Christmas. It curls down to cover the entrance and curls back up when it's not needed. The problem is that my mom's has, for some reason, decided to "grab" food that travels down the throat and curl back up with it so she gets into a coughing/choking fit.

• Options

718COyUd2BL._SY679_.jpg

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Does anyone else find Hamburger Helper boringly bland? It seem like no matter what I add to it, it always ends up tasting like next to nothing. Velveeta Cheesy Skillets are a little bit better, and they're mac & cheese commercials are mildly amusing;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4_A3nl5VFI

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Velveeta's blacksmith commercials throw me into hysterics to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VXZ8RfeHe0

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

I'm kind of surprised the French Chicken Sandwich hasn't made a limited return. They've got ham in their stores again for the return of the Yumbo.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Madican wrote: »
    I have suggested this to my mom, who is unable to eat most solid foods because of her throat, and earned only withering looks.

You know that little valve that blocks the entrance to the lungs when food or drink is going down the throat? Well, it's kind of like that hill from Nightmare Before Christmas. It curls down to cover the entrance and curls back up when it's not needed. The problem is that my mom's has, for some reason, decided to "grab" food that travels down the throat and curl back up with it so she gets into a coughing/choking fit.
    It's called the epiglottis, just fyi.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »

It's called the epiglottis, just fyi.

Epiglottis, yes. I don't know why I forgot that.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    #pipe wrote: »

They use the same espresso machines in NA, also called McCafe, just usually without the separate counter. Sometimes, though.

I'm reasonably sure Australia was a test market for McCafe, though, because Australia is unusually bonkers for espresso

Think I saw it in Italy before I saw it in Aus, but it might have been roughly concurrent.

• Options
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Does anyone else find Hamburger Helper boringly bland? It seem like no matter what I add to it, it always ends up tasting like next to nothing. Velveeta Cheesy Skillets are a little bit better, and they're mac & cheese commercials are mildly amusing;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4_A3nl5VFI

by itself kinda. I think it depends on how you season the beef. i make sure and mix in a good bit of onion powder, garlic powder, celery salt, black pepper into the beef before cooking it, and it certainly helps the overall flavor of the dish.

This discussion has been closed.