As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Puzzle & Dragons]: Neptune in your REM, killing your happiness

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    4 pulls, in search of devils:

Dragon Samurai
    Verdandi
    Bearded Guan Yu
    DQXQ

I know I should be happy, but I don't really need any of those guys...was hoping for Belial, FA Lucifer, or Lu Bu. But, still...good results!

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    scrounged up another 5 more stones and got an avalon drake
    not bad

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    You can use DQXQ with any set up. She's a combo multiplier leader. Use her and 4 other dudes you like.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    ground through my half-done challenge dungeons and bought the dragon plant infestation for 5 more stones, got verdandi~

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Changed my avatar to the one true waifu.

Anime girl Horus get.

• Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    I had 24 stones this morning, decided to clear a challenge dungeon and do 5 pulls on the Godfest...

Grape Dragon (dupe)
    Norn Verdandi
    Lu Bu
    Vishnu
    Lakshmi (dupe)

5/5 on gold eggs, no idea where an Indian 2.0 green god came from.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    Verdandi godfest.

Not much to do today. Might go unlock challenge mode to hoard stones for the FotNS machine.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    You can use DQXQ with any set up. She's a combo multiplier leader. Use her and 4 other dudes you like.

With Kirin already, DQXQ seems a bit superfluous.

Verdandis for all!

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Kirin requires 4 particular colors. DQXQ requires 4 of any color and heals count.

• Options
    Yeah, but I have no problem activating Kirin and its 25x instead of 16x. I get the appeal, but I don't particularly need Kirin-lite! I'll level them up anyway just to have some variety though.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    8O7NWBM.jpg
    lol awakenings

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Oh they did a Thundercats collab?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »

With Kirin already, DQXQ seems a bit superfluous.

Verdandis for all!

DQXQ makes a good water sub for Kirin. Good stats and awoken skills. Active is good for when you don't have the colors to attack with Kirin but don't have the hearts to heal up and tank the hit.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    This was a total crap Godfest for me. It seems I will have one or two where I roll really great stuff then I'll roll and one and get utter dreck. Them's the breaks. I rolled 9 times across both accounts and the best I walked away with was Snow White and two Baal. So now I could make a team on my iPad with 3 Baal subs. Yay?

• Options
    Managed another 5 for one more pull, netting lightning archdemon baal
    making this godfest him, skuld, verdandi, and radious which I am pretty pleased with

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, but I have no problem activating Kirin and its 25x instead of 16x. I get the appeal, but I don't particularly need Kirin-lite! I'll level them up anyway just to have some variety though.

Any tips? even clearing like at least half the board every turn, I keep getting orb trolled for turns at a time

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    the only way I imagine it works is army of max-skilled color changers

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    Well i did the godfest. Got two crappy blue monsters, and another Lu Bu. Well atleast i have a second devil for my first lu bu.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Just getting kinda tired of being told everything works out eventually. I've got 100 guys I need to save to use at some point, 5-10 guys I can cobble together into a team, and another few spaces open for drops. I'm in a really boring loop of grinding the same two missions over and over to level up the few usable monsters I have. Then trying to beat a new dungeon and failing, using up half my stamina.

You didn't really have any strong permanent multiplier leaders right? I think you had 3x healer? Now you have 3-3.3x red. Make a red team and incinerate everything

Like, inc's advice is right for a generalized pad player, but for you specifically she just kicks ass and will probably let you resume progress immediately

Are you guys talking about the evolved Urd or some other version of her? Like I said, her stats are really bad. I made an all red team with the best monsters I could fit on there due to her really high cost, and I didn't do any more damage than my normal team. And got destroyed about four floors in on the dungeon I've been stuck on.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    regular urd is fine
    who did you bring in as friend leader is the important thing

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    regular urd is fine

Echidna.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    One last desperation pull=Astaroth. Well at least it was a Devil I didn't have.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Out of the 317 Attacker monsters in the game Urd is 38th in the HP, 32nd in RCV, and 67th in ATK. Compared to most monsters her ATK stat is great and most Attackers are lucky to have half her RCV with how much HP she has. With the right subs she can destroy some of the hardest dungeons in the game and she hasn't even gotten an ult evo yet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Reynolds wrote: »
    regular urd is fine

Echidna.

K don't do that

You're going to want to find someone with synergy with your 3x to fire, so like a Firedragon Tyrannos or another urd, or ares, or awoken phantom god odin, or mayyybe krishna
    if you're desperate you can go with something like kushinada/bastet

the multipliers stack so if you can get another urd you'll be doing 9-10.9x for your whole team for every fire match

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Yes, but that was the only Red monster up at that time. I don't know why you guys keep assuming I'll always be able to find the perfect helper for every single run.

Sure, the one time someone had a Metatron I could use, my Valkyrie team one-shotted everything. But that's never happened agaiin.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    get up on your friends list and boot everyone who hasn't been on in a while or who leads with reg echidna (even though we were talking her up a while ago, she's really only good as a leader if you're trying to do some specific special dungeon gimmick team), restock with new hotness

if you leave urd as your last used leader or last viewed team, that'll be what's shown to other people, so you'll also be getting invites from people that have a corresponding leader

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Any tips? even clearing like at least half the board every turn, I keep getting orb trolled for turns at a time

Light Kali.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Sometimes it's super difficult to find friend leads that are useful for your current team. Most people don't friend me because I use Yamato.

I honestly can't wait for the change where leader skills are useable even if they aren't on your friend list.

Adellios on
  • Options
    Finally got a run of Legendary Earth where the Heavy Metal Dragon was going to drop and I had to spend 2 stones because I flubbed my 25x combo when I had GZL up...so damn stupid.

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Has this been posted yet? (Watch a few minutes, then skip to 7:15 or so.)

• Options
    Holy shit the score...because combos are probably counted on a per turn basis, but using that skill doesn't cost turns...

• Options
    Oooooooh

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    got some bonus stones for day 400 login, so for godfest round 2 i got dragonette, blue odin(!), and red riding hood

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    But using that skill counts as turn for your skills, since you made a match, so you can have the next mastering up....

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Echidna is still a really great friend leader, but that fades as the dungeons get more powerful. Few days go by when I don't use most of the available Echidnas on my list. But there's a limit to which dungeons she can handle.

I put L. Metatron back up as one of my leads, so hopefully that will help. I haven't been using her lately because my attacker and Haku teams have just gotten bananas.

• Options
    I guess I'll just spend another week farming Red Pengdras to max level her. And then I guess all of the red guys on her team.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I think a max-level Ult. Echidna can actually solo the first challenge dungeon with her leader skill alone, so make sure you get that sweet sweet 500K coins.

Also the second one I think.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    I've never seen a Challenge Dungeon. Is that another one I have to be a certain rank to unlock?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Challenge dungeons are limited-time special dungeon events - one set has just started
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Echidna is still a really great friend leader, but that fades as the dungeons get more powerful. Few days go by when I don't use most of the available Echidnas on my list. But there's a limit to which dungeons she can handle.

I put L. Metatron back up as one of my leads, so hopefully that will help. I haven't been using her lately because my attacker and Haku teams have just gotten bananas.

Are you referring to ult echidna or regular echidna

Because there's a big difference

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

I can't activate her every turn, but I can usually activate her the turns it matters, when I'm not trying to stall. I mean, yeah, definitely get orb trolled from time to time, but the only orb changers I ever run with Kirin are Apollo or Valk/Verche. Never typically am missing light ;)

So, I chased the devil (literally) and spent enough to get 12 stones and pulled some more:

Leviathan
    Astaroth (have always wanted her)
    Water Dragon Swordsman
    Sarutobi Sasuke
    Venus

Lots of gold eggs this godfest but definitely shouldn't have spent the money...I always feel guilty doing that and immediately regret it. I blame the couple beers from the Super Bowl...really was hoping for Liu Bei, Lu Bu, Belial, or FA Lucifer, but what are ya gonna do!

Smoogy-1689

This discussion has been closed.