As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Western Animation] Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey...Awoo-oo!

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    I'm not really trying to argue here. I just don't like it, wether CB and FP are actually a couple or not, I don't like when they keep bringing the conflict between Finn and his feelings on-screen without doing anything about it.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I like the Cinnamon Bun and Flame Princess relationship for all of the reasons you guys dislike it.

who cares if you like them as a couple? they're a couple and it's something that Finn has to deal with and so does the audience.

also wow man did my TV glitch or was the last frame of lemongrab uncomfortably long.

If they're supposed to be a couple then It creeps me out because there was an episode where PB points out that, when Cinnamon Bun is freaking out over a nightlight that the dude is 30

And Flame Princess is 15, max.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    That's not either Doom that I want it to be is it?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Without clicking any links, I believe this is the most appropriate:

• FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Wow, I am currently marathoning Invader Zim at the moment.

So fucking stoked if I think what that means.

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    No, it can't be real, can it?

That would be too amazing.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    finn was basically her cb prior to cb being her cb.

like. . .if there's oene thing finn does it's be a knight captain/bodyguard.

steam_sig.png
  • WinklebottomWinklebottom Registered User regular
    Invader Zim programmed me, whenever I see or hear the word Doom, my mind automatically goes to Gir singing the Doom "song"

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bbIBs0P2t0

but yes, please let Invader Zim come back to us.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I never found Zim to be very funny. Silly, not funny. The episode where he starts stealing everyone's organs was pretty good though.

H9f4bVe.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    So this was announced last year during Cartoon Network's 2014-2015 upfronts, but I must've missed it. It looks like Scooby-Doo's getting yet another new series and it's apparently a more comedic style. It's called Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!

Be_Cool_Scooby_Doo_7.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_Cool,_Scooby-Doo!

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    skeldare wrote: »
    So this was announced last year during Cartoon Network's 2014-2015 upfronts, but I must've missed it. It looks like Scooby-Doo's getting yet another new series and it's apparently a more comedic style. It's called Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!

Unfortunately, that's what the writers have failed to make the show since the 80s.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Its not more mystery inc so Im gonna pass on Scooby guy up there

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Mystery Inc was so good. This is such a letdown. And those character designs are horrible.

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    mystery inc was the only time I ever cared about the scooby doo gang. it hasn't worked as a comedy for 40 years. you need to make it a thriller or a drama.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Mystery Inc was so good. This is such a letdown. And those character designs are horrible.

My first glance, I wondered why the Scooby gang was appearing on Rick and Morty.

On review, I noticed Rick and Morty has a more appealing art style.

Which... is saying something, I suppose.

• ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    mystery inc was the only time I ever cared about the scooby doo gang. it hasn't worked as a comedy for 40 years. you need to make it a thriller or a drama.

Anything can work as a comedy.

They just need good writers.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    Like Teen Titans Go!

I shrugged that off at first glance but then when I actually caught some of the jokes and references, oh my god.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Like Teen Titans Go!

I shrugged that off at first glance but then when I actually caught some of the jokes and references, oh my god.

I think that's one show that really works as a follow up to its original series, since it's using the same hero team and voice actors. As someone here said, basically all the character development was done in the previous show, so now they're just having fun with it.

newSig.jpg
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    What gets me is that they are still farting out straight to DVD scooby doo movies.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    At first I thought it was a CAD page.

edited February 2015
    Saw Big Hero 6. I guess it was alright but I think they missed an obvious opportunity with the story and dealing with loss.
    I think Krei should have been responsible for the fire, and Callahan after using the micro bots to survive and learning of Tadashis death then did what he did for revenge for his sake and Hiros.

Then just tweak their first confrontation to be less overt murder and more chase away and have their fight in the test lab have Hiro try to kill him before figuring out who he is.

Then you're all set up for Hiro accept his brothers loss and want to arrest Krei and stop Callahan from murdering him.

And then keep Abigail dead.

Viskod on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »

Anything can work as a comedy.

They just need good writers.

Didn't Thundercats use a comedy writer?

edited February 2015
    http://io9.com/cartoon-network-will-reboot-the-powerpuff-girls-1686762751

There a Cartoon Network Press Release on io9.com that reveals a Powerpuff Girls reboot, but then there's other horrifying news:
    Steven Universe/ Uncle Grandpa Crossover Special "Say Uncle:" Two of your favorite Cartoon Network series, Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa, are joining forces for a special crossover episode! Watch as a long lost relative of Steven's comes to town to aid him in unlocking the power of his mother's gem!

All of my nopes.

BronzeKoopa on
    I've never watched Steven Universe, or Uncle Grandpa but I can tell, just from the advertisements that Steven Universe totally doesn't deserve to have that shit garbage show shoehorned into its world.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

There a Cartoon Network Press Release on io9.com that reveals a Powerpuff Girls reboot, but then there's other horrifying news:
    Steven Universe/ Uncle Grandpa Crossover Special "Say Uncle:" Two of your favorite Cartoon Network series, Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa, are joining forces for a special crossover episode! Watch as a long lost relative of Steven's comes to town to aid him in unlocking the power of his mother's gem!

All of my nopes.

I don't even know how this would work. The two shows have 2 completely different styles, and I'm not just talking art.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

All of my nopes.

I don't even know how this would work. The two shows have 2 completely different styles, and I'm not just talking art.

And also one is great and the other is a trainwreck of terrible.

I'm of two minds of this... Cause I remember there was one opening of one cartoon where the main characters needed help, and dialed a phone.

Which was picked Eddy, Ed and Edd. Who responded "You need what? Nah, we don't that kind of stuff. Go call the Kids Next Door for that kind of thing."

Which then proceeded to become a CKND episode.

So I would love for them to bring back the cross overs for this generation. But UG really doesn't work.

With anything.

newSig.jpg
    That press release also lists Transformers as a new acquired programming. Guess ever since the Hub got re-branded to whatever it's called now it got moved, or is this some other Transformers series.

No, it's the sequel of sorts to Prime. Bumblebee is in charge and Optimus is dead (again).

Since Hasbro no longer owns the network, might as well go back to the other channel that previously aired Tranformer shows.

newSig.jpg
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hopefully the Uncle Grandpa thing is just a dream sequence, like Bizarro version of Dogcopter.

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    What even with this crossover shit. Did they put the names of all their shows in a hat and draw two at random?

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    What even with this crossover shit. Did they put the names of all their shows in a hat and draw two at random?

Given that Uncle Grandpa is even on the air after its terrible pilot, my cynical guess is that someone at CN has a personal desire for the show to succeed, and is willing to throw it on top of a better property to ensure that it does.

Nah, there was the idea behind Uncle Grandpa that he's everyone's relative and takes them on wacky adventures or something.

I was picturing something like that one Cartoon Cartoon where the Grandpa told the story about how he fought back an alien invasion to his grandkids.

newSig.jpg
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Nah, there was the idea behind Uncle Grandpa that he's everyone's relative and takes them on wacky adventures or something.

I was picturing something like that one Cartoon Cartoon where the Grandpa told the story about how he fought back an alien invasion to his grandkids.

No, it's pretty much 22 minutes of "Kids, this is why you should never ever ever drop acid."

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum

All of my nopes.

Wait, UG isn't one of my favorite series! That's not one of my favorite series at all!

That said, i can potentially see this working. I'm reminded of the April Fool's Day thing where syndicated comic artists all swap properties for the day. Bil Keane did a Dilbert strip once that was actually pretty amusing, largely because it made fun of how insipid Family Circus is.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »

No, it's pretty much 22 minutes of "Kids, this is why you should never ever ever drop acid."

no it's not. acid would at least be creative or trip py.

it's as close as you can get to 20 minutes of fate jokes. imagine if ren and stimpy was heavily censored and intended for an audience between the ages of 6 and 9.

I just accidentally made a joke funnier than uncle grandpa

steam_sig.png
    I just had to filter a spreadsheet with 30,000 entries for all possible misspellings of the word "Spanish".

It was also funnier than Uncle Grandpa.