As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Western Animation] Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey...Awoo-oo!

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I just had to filter a spreadsheet with 30,000 entries for all possible misspellings of the word "Spanish".

It was also funnier than Uncle Grandpa.

To be fair you'd probably come across some good ones in there.

Spamish. Spanosh.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I really hope that comic picks up on where the show was stated to have planned to go.

I also really hope Nickelodeon doesn't fucking ruin it.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Adventure Time, Stephen Universe, Regular Show, and Teen Titans Go were all fantastic last night. TTG in particular was insane. I wish every episode was that good.

Robin: "Don't give up, Titans! We can still be sad, lonely adults!"

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Either way, I will never not be amazed that Nick gave Jhonen V a cartoon series.
    I will also never stop wishing I could have listened into that meeting.

"Hey, this guy put out a comic strip about a homicidal killer named Johnny who believes he has to kill people and paint his walls in their blood in order to maintain the barrier between our reality and the monsters that live in those walls. Want to see what he does with a TV series on our kids network?

"I gotta finish off my huge pile of coke and hookers, so if I say "yes" can I leave?

"Sure thing.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Oh god, Young Justice/Teen Titans Go crossover (sort of)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1AKrm3H1Lk

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Woah... meta.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    see317 wrote: »
    Either way, I will never not be amazed that Nick gave Jhonen V a cartoon series.

"Hey, this guy put out a comic strip about a homicidal killer named Johnny who believes he has to kill people and paint his walls in their blood in order to maintain the barrier between our reality and the monsters that live in those walls. Want to see what he does with a TV series on our kids network?

"I gotta finish off my huge pile of coke and hookers, so if I say "yes" can I leave?

"Sure thing.

Gotta love his Bravest Warrior's episode too... ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOqOy699GSk

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Amythest has always felt a bit tragic to me but finding out
    She was basically alone in strip mine for a lot of her life
    explains so much about her character.

It also explains why she's so much more comfortable with human culture.
    It's her world, after all.

I suspect that she only feels like she doesn't have a real home because she's probably never left Earth.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Firebird wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »

"Sure thing.

Gotta love his Bravest Warrior's episode too... ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOqOy699GSk

Wait, Vasquez did that one?!

That's fantastic.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I gods, I recognize the voice of the puppet monster, but I don't know from where.

Edit: Possibly Martin Short in Treasure Planet

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    it's master shake isn't it?

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I gods, I recognize the voice of the puppet monster, but I don't know from where.

Edit: Possibly Martin Short in Treasure Planet

Sounds like Master Shake though I didn't watch much ATHF.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    it's master shake isn't it?

Sounds a little like him, but that isn't the performance I'm thinking of.

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Yes, that's definitely Dana Snyder who does the voice of Master Shake playing the puppet monster.

He also did Gazpacho from Chowder and the Life-Giving Wizard from Adventure Time.

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    He's also the Alchemist on Venture Bros

250px_Alchemist.png

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Yes, that's the voice.

If someone could find "The Alchemist! Ba-daaaaa!" I'd be so happy.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I find Uncle Grandpa incredibly offensive based on the character design alone. Really sad that one of the best cartoons on TV has a crossover with one of the worst.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Is Clarence ever coming back? It wasn't the best, but I kind of wanted to see what the new show runner would do.

• Options
    I've yet to see a single episode of Uncle Grandpa the series, but I did see the pilot and thought it was actually pretty funny.

I still don't think it should crossover with Steven Universe, though. In fact, I don't think anything should crossover with Steven Universe, not even Adventure Time. SU is pretty clearly its own thing. It might be different if the crossover was an episode of Uncle Grandpa, though (like how the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover was an episode of Family Guy).

I'm sort of concerned that there might be an unfortunate reason for this crossover. The press release made it out like the crossover would be an episode of Steven Universe. How are the two shows doing ratings wise? Is Uncle Grandpa getting more viewers? Is this an attempt to get more people watching Steven Universe?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    I've yet to see a single episode of Uncle Grandpa the series, but I did see the pilot and thought it was actually pretty funny.

I still don't think it should crossover with Steven Universe, though. In fact, I don't think anything should crossover with Steven Universe, not even Adventure Time. SU is pretty clearly its own thing. It might be different if the crossover was an episode of Uncle Grandpa, though (like how the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover was an episode of Family Guy).

I'm sort of concerned that there might be an unfortunate reason for this crossover. The press release made it out like the crossover would be an episode of Steven Universe. How are the two shows doing ratings wise? Is Uncle Grandpa getting more viewers? Is this an attempt to get more people watching Steven Universe?

If anything this crossover is because both shows are popular.

Steven has another two seasons in production so its not going anywhere soon

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »

If anything this crossover is because both shows are popular.

Steven has another two seasons in production so its not going anywhere soon

I was just asking because the first Archie Comics Sonic/Mega Man crossover was apparently partially intended to get Sonic fans interested in the Mega Man comics, so I thought a similar thing might be going on here.

I guess it could be the case that Uncle Grandpa is the one suffering and Steven Universe is being used to boost interest. Which would be awful unless the SU crew is talented enough to make it work somehow.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Is this gonna be a non-gem episode? Because I wonder if they're having trouble getting recording sessions with Estelle

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    rumor mill is that this UG/StevenU episode is already done or well underway in production. All that needs doing is showing it, and ripping out our teeth to numb the pain...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    You guys giving Uncle Grandpa a hard time. Watch it again and check out how much of what UG does parodies the Doctor. Two of the most obvious being his laser hammer and the red telephone booth he has in the RV, which is bigger on the inside.

Eh, maybe I watch too much CN with the kids.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    The Lego Movie got snubbed by the Oscars, but they got revenge by having the best musical number of the night by far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwjUm8Lz7Y4

Yep, that's Will Arnett in the Batsuit.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    skeldare wrote: »
    Oh god, Young Justice/Teen Titans Go crossover (sort of)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1AKrm3H1Lk

Sorry to double-post, but there's also a clip of when Teen Titans take Aqualad's advice and decide to get serious, and it's fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iQ_SuDLJvI

Which leads to this fantastic image:

aheqg1shc74o3qt6xq1v.jpg

I may have to start watching the show.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I may have to start watching the show.

You should, it's pretty funny.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Anytime Robin breaks down it's the best

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    it's really really funny

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Anytime Robin breaks down it's the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLhp7RTNmq0

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    The Lego Movie got snubbed by the Oscars, but they got revenge by having the best musical number of the night by far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwjUm8Lz7Y4

Yep, that's Will Arnett in the Batsuit.

YESSSSS THE BATMAN SONG

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how I feel about it being described as "an animated comedy series". Not that Ducktales Classic didn't have jokes, but its focus was on adventure.

And are they going to bring Alan Young to it again, or will they get a new Scrooge?

• Options
    edzepp wrote: »

I'll play a wait and see approach on this...

But man, I hope this leads to more Darkwing Duck.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Now I just want the NES Darkwing Duck game remastered by WayForward EVEN MORE.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

Or a re-skin of Megaman X, and failing that an alternate costume for Mighty Number 9.

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »

Be warned -- a lot of people were kinda let down by it.

• Options
    Let down by what? Ducktales Remastered? They are fools, that game is perfection.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I'm not sure how I feel about it being described as "an animated comedy series". Not that Ducktales Classic didn't have jokes, but its focus was on adventure.

And are they going to bring Alan Young to it again, or will they get a new Scrooge?

Alan Young is 95. There's a pun in there I think.

Absalon on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »

Alan Young is 95. There's a pun in there I think.

His name's appropriateness is inversely proportional to his age.