Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions
. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum
. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
MLB: The Show 14 - Noob questions on Season Mode
My brother got MLB 14: The Show for Christmas and after a couple of exhibition games we decided to launch a season together as the Colorado Rockies. The thing is that we're both English and have little to no knowledge of baseball, and as a result certain aspects of the Season mode are confusing us. If anyone could offer some advice then I'd greatly appreciate it.
1) How do contract renewals work? The contracts of a few players are expiring at the end of the season but I can't see any way of renewing them. I've played around with some of the screens but... nada. Is it an end of season thing only? We're only about ten games into the season so far.
2) We're only playing five inning matches at the moment, and as a result we're only using a few of the pitchers in the squad. I think we have nine pitchers registered in the MLB team but we only use five. Are we able to sack the un-used four and replace them with more outfielders? It would be nice to have a few young players on the bench that we can bring on if we're developing a lead, that way we can give them some experience.
3) While we're on the subject, do young players develop in Season Mode? I've tried Googling it but all I can find is player development tips for something called a Franchise Mode.
4) We have the MLB team and the Triple-A team. My brother and I have been assuming that it works like soccer's reserve team system (ie. MLB is the main team while Triple A is used for youngsters, and maybe one or two Main Team players attempting to regain fitness after injury. In the reserve system players can move freely between the main squad and the reserve squad.) Is this how MLB / Triple A works, roughly? We've dropped a 1st teamer down to Triple A (Pacheco I think) so we're not sure if he'll become unhappy or if he can be poached by other teams since he's not in the MLB team.
4) Oliver Tipton rocks. This isn't a question. We signed him as a free agent and the dude is a Home Run MACHINE.
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, I really appreciate it.