Options

L[Chat]S

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    GUYS GREAT NEWS

I CLOSED THE WINDOW BEFORE IT SAVED

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Ugh. Why can't you find rankings of schools that are just based on things like budget per student, student teacher ratio and how many kids go to top colleges. All the rankings include things like diversity which is nice to have of course, but seems weird as a judgement of school quality. Also, going off of number of kids taking ap tests instead of the number passing is absurd.

Do you understand why people are going to hate on you for this post?

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I regret buying ME3 more than any other game

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I too have yet to finish Effecting some Masses. I have a vague idea of what goes on, but I would still like to Kagera!Avface about it by witnessing it firsthand.

• Options
    The reapers are dumb villains with dumb motivations
    the game posits that the reapers are more powerful than anything else, powerful enough that they can confidently fuck off to dark space for ages and come back and crush everyone

and the reason they come back and wipe out every civilization is to prevent the development of synthetic life

even if you buy that this is correct, why do they ever leave? why don't they act as Gort from The Day The Earth Stood Still and just limit everyone's advancement?
    Obviously they spend 50k years brain fucking.

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    also he chose an ugly brown for his book cover inserted a small photo of a beach with a dock. and titled it "You and Me" there's a sub title about love too but i dont want to type it for fear he googles it and this comes up.
    fml

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options

D:
    D:

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    The reapers are dumb villains with dumb motivations
    the game posits that the reapers are more powerful than anything else, powerful enough that they can confidently fuck off to dark space for ages and come back and crush everyone

and the reason they come back and wipe out every civilization is to prevent the development of synthetic life

even if you buy that this is correct, why do they ever leave? why don't they act as Gort from The Day The Earth Stood Still and just limit everyone's advancement?

Because
    They want to uplift worthy species who evolve on their own to space flight then guide them into their own trap yet act completely smug as fuck about it because while the species as a whole might be worthy of becoming a reaper the individuals are bunk.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    also he chose an ugly brown for his book cover inserted a small photo of a beach with a dock. and titled it "You and Me" there's a sub title about love too but i dont want to type it for fear he googles it and this comes up.
    fml

See if you can do a Cartman and swap out his manuscript for a much better collection. I recommend Death of a Naturalist.

• Options

Geth even agrees.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    ME3 multi was a real treat, one of the best horde modes ever.
    ME3 as a sp game is really uneven but still has great character moments.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    redx wrote: »
    Ugh. Why can't you find rankings of schools that are just based on things like budget per student, student teacher ratio and how many kids go to top colleges. All the rankings include things like diversity which is nice to have of course, but seems weird as a judgement of school quality. Also, going off of number of kids taking ap tests instead of the number passing is absurd.

I understand why people could react poorly, but is it really unreasonable to want a ranking of schools based off of educational factors only? It's like ranking the quality of cars based in part on how much gas they use. High gas mileage a good thing, but not relevant if you're just care about which car is built and drives the best.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    kedinik wrote: »
    kedinik what kind of job are you looking for

and do you want to move to nyc

Looking for judicial clerkships right now.

NYC is a possibility

Do you want to be a litigator? The days of clerkships being viewed as good for transactional attorneys are mostly over.

Yes, probably. Not sure what I'll do, but most of my interests would involve litigation.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

i'm going to go play a video game and escape all of this *angrily waves arms in air indicating everything*

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options

You can't fight the SKFM-isms or you can just accept they are gonna happy and make a drinking game of them.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015

I understand why people could react poorly, but is it really unreasonable to want a ranking of schools based off of educational factors only? It's like ranking the quality of cars based in part on how much gas they use. High gas mileage a good thing, but not relevant if you're just care about which car is built and drives the best.

Actually no those things SKFM want to know are really important, and not a typical SKFM money thing.

Like hell they had to many kids in Kiddoroars kindergarten enrollment they had to make another class, he got put into a JK/SK split and its actually working out really well for him.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    It's fun watching an actor struggle to defend a crap movie they're in during an interview.

Like you can tell they're tired from having to do this shit all day at the junket and that they know they're in a shit movie and bullshitting can get tiresome.
    I saw an interview with one of the Wayans brothers on the release of their movie Little Man on the Daily Show.

It was so painful, for Jon Stewart mainly. And me.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

i'm going to go play a video game and escape all of this *angrily waves arms in air indicating everything*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjqShOwZwOU

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    There is nothing inherently wrong with SKFM's post.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    my understanding from my one law school friend who is not eddy is that clerkships in general are super competitive no?
    i know nothing about law

i haven't talked to him in a while i wonder what he is up to

i guess trying to finish his last semester of law school and that is probably very busy

They're pretty competitive, yeah.

I've been trying for a clerkship for a little over a year now, but the closest I've gotten to an interview was a letter saying that they definitely would have interviewed me if they hadn't just filled the position. But my application is stronger now, so I'm hopeful.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    my understanding from my one law school friend who is not eddy is that clerkships in general are super competitive no?
    i know nothing about law

i haven't talked to him in a while i wonder what he is up to

i guess trying to finish his last semester of law school and that is probably very busy

Last semester is actually such a blow off semester. The whole 3rd year of law school is pointless IMO.

true
    i guess he already has his job lined up in tokyo and whatever

imma visit him there in whatever baller apartment he gets

and then he will be working too much to hang out with me probably but i will get to stay in his nice apartment

Tokyo office of a US firm? They make bank.

yep

he's like

the salary is the same as in New York, but because you're an expat you get a massive housing stipend
    and i think don't need to put in as many hours as new york

(and this is my friend who is half japanese and fluent and loves being in japan so, it is win win for him)

poo
  • Options
    I want to build an accusing parlour.

All the books will be the finest webcomic compilations. And The Railway Series.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Yes. People desire specific things for their children and that includes diversity. It means their children get to know people who aren't like them are educuted further in tolerance and acceptance. There's literally no down side for this.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    My hunger is all-consuming and neverending.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    ME3 spoiler
    Honestly my biggest story issue with ME is the idea that synthetics and organics could never coexist.
    Why would they? They have diametrically opposing goals in their existence AND organics have nothing to offer the synthetics. The ol' corn crop is blighted - the Reapers are correct to try and wipe out organics and start fresh.
    Cause there's nothing about the shell we inhabit that prevents us from coexisting. Also according to Legion organics don't have nothing to offer synthetics. While they might not process information as fast organics were still another source of creativity.
    Did you forget how easily half the Geth turned against organics to serve as the Reapers' first wave? Did you forget how easily Legion reprogrammed the Kill All Humans rebel brothers at the factory they were being made? The Reapers have so much more to offer synthetics in terms of knowledge AND synthetics don't have values hammered out by centuries of interactions like organics do. We can't coexist.

• Options

Need more fibre.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    welp

tonight turned creepy as fuck

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    There is nothing inherently wrong with SKFM's post.

Yeah, the post made it clear that diversity is a plus, just not in his opinion a big enough plus that he cares to consider it in his own decision.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    diversity would be like 4th or 5th on my list.
    I couldn't give a rats ass how diverse my kid's class is if he's stuck with a 30:1 student:teacher ratio or the curriculum/teaching doesn't look good as far as higher ed prep.

Bless your heart.
  • Options

have some dignity man

you can't live off of pizza pull apart bread

(man i wanna make that tho)

poo
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    ME3 spoiler
    Honestly my biggest story issue with ME is the idea that synthetics and organics could never coexist.
    Why would they? They have diametrically opposing goals in their existence AND organics have nothing to offer the synthetics. The ol' corn crop is blighted - the Reapers are correct to try and wipe out organics and start fresh.

They don't need to coexist synthetics can go fuck off in dark space where organics wouldn't want to be anyway. Space is big. Some guy said that once.
    Isn't that what the Geth were doing in Mass Effect 1? They were chilling out in uninhabited space for 100 years and suddenly they started attacking colonies without warning or negotiation?

• Options

have some dignity man

haha.

You should, it's definitely good.

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    When did airforce ones become a gangster thing.

Fak you guys, they're the best trainers. Stop appropriating baketball culture.

• Options
    Sadly Loveless is the only school in this city that meets any decent criteria. (And some of the private schools aren't terrible)

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Leitner wrote: »
    When did airforce ones become a gangster thing.

Fak you guys, they're the best trainers. Stop appropriating baketball culture.

There's a song..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfzsMQGqrt0

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    welp

tonight turned creepy as fuck

Sorry breh.

Hope you're alright.

• Options

have some dignity man

haha.

You should, it's definitely good.
    i have the recipe saved for bulk season which is soon

once i am allowed more carbs again i'm going to make the shit out of that

and also buy speculoos cheesecake

poo
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I think this is a good example of getting mad at skfm more because people are used to getting mad at him and less because he has said a bad thing.

kedinik on
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    I think this is a good example of getting mad at skfm more because people are used to getting mad at him and less because he has said a bad thing.
    people love them their hate boners

poo
  • Options
    Oh god damn

Director's cut for ME3 does a good job

This discussion has been closed.