Options

L[Chat]S

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Damar like much of DS9's cast, is a great character

he's basically a nationalistic shithead jackboot, has his worldview shattered, goes through a deep depression and period of alcoholism, and becomes a revolutionary that understands the mistakes his people have made

override367 on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

o_O

No one can tell the soldier's race in that photo.

• Options
    in looking for a kardashian/cardassian meme I discovered that star trek nerds are bad at coming up with funny memes and holy shit Mitt Romney does remind me of Gul Dukat

MittensGulDukat.jpg

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    ME3 is 7/10 for about 80% of it, 10/10 for 10% of it and 0/10 for 10% of it

the 0/10 at the end drags the rest of it down to 0/10

the director's cut of the ending (where everyone doesn't die and go back to the stone age regardless of what you do) is a 4/10 and makes the game overall average

awful as the ending initially was, i don't think that really invalidates the rest of the game

i still need to replay the games and see how the director's cut version goes tho

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    My favorite part was that one part where the things happened

i too like that part

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    StormxHalleBerry = the worst^2

she looked the part, but she sure as hell didnt act the part.
    the writing was also fuckawful.

Then agree problem is storm is trribl anyway, so even if you nail it you already have one metric the worst, and then I'd it's also Halle Berry it's the worst times the worst

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    OVERRIDE IS MITT ROMNEY SOURCES CONFIRM

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    if I was a cardassian my vehement disagreement over trivial issues would be a sign of wanting to jump your bones
    yes I'm a nerd

also :winky:

so you're saying cardassians are tsundere

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    A year of Xbox Live for $36.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121187584160

This seems a good deal.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

the director's cut of the ending (where everyone doesn't die and go back to the stone age regardless of what you do) is a 4/10 and makes the game overall average

awful as the ending initially was, i don't think that really invalidates the rest of the game

i still need to replay the games and see how the director's cut version goes tho

It adds a few scenes that definitely improve it a lot. Not necessarily on the long term but definitely in the immediate emotional department.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    A year of Xbox Live for $36.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121187584160

after the ubisoft thing last week, I am leary about buying codes from third parties.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    Ugh. Why can't you find rankings of schools that are just based on things like budget per student, student teacher ratio and how many kids go to top colleges. All the rankings include things like diversity which is nice to have of course, but seems weird as a judgement of school quality. Also, going off of number of kids taking ap tests instead of the number passing is absurd.

Do you understand why people are going to hate on you for this post?

I understand why people could react poorly, but is it really unreasonable to want a ranking of schools based off of educational factors only? It's like ranking the quality of cars based in part on how much gas they use. High gas mileage a good thing, but not relevant if you're just care about which car is built and drives the best.

Yes. People desire specific things for their children and that includes diversity. It means their children get to know people who aren't like them are educuted further in tolerance and acceptance. There's literally no down side for this.

There isn't a downside to diversity, but if one school is better on educational factors but all one race and another is more diverse but has larger class sizes and a worse record of sending kids to top colleges, then ranking the second one higher isn't helpful if you want the best school.

It's a quality people would want to know about before judging, I think. They may not be the reason to judge what school to choose, but it is valid information for choosing which school to pick. Maybe some parents would choose diversity over a school with one race, and for those families it's important they have that information before they make their decision.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    to this day i boggles my mind that the people that made the Tuchanka segment which
    has an insane number of permutations and is emotionally resonant and well written combined with an epic boss fight no matter which route you go also made "pick one of the 3 colors."

override367 on
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

o_O

"chink in armour" is a common term for a weakness in armour that has nothing to do with the racial slur

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Jesus this guy is a Contra god.

twitch.tv/mister___k

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    IPad's entirely unhelpful autocorrect is hitting me hard today, nor can I digine the words I intended

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    It was a pretty unexpected plot twist for ME3. That part when Shepard was all "I am your father!" To the reapers and then they went home cuz they got grounded was admittedly a bit out of left field.

• Options
    if I was a cardassian my vehement disagreement over trivial issues would be a sign of wanting to jump your bones
    yes I'm a nerd

so kawaii though

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    no autoplay stahp!

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Ugh. Why can't you find rankings of schools that are just based on things like budget per student, student teacher ratio and how many kids go to top colleges. All the rankings include things like diversity which is nice to have of course, but seems weird as a judgement of school quality. Also, going off of number of kids taking ap tests instead of the number passing is absurd.

I understand why people could react poorly, but is it really unreasonable to want a ranking of schools based off of educational factors only? It's like ranking the quality of cars based in part on how much gas they use. High gas mileage a good thing, but not relevant if you're just care about which car is built and drives the best.

Yes. People desire specific things for their children and that includes diversity. It means their children get to know people who aren't like them are educuted further in tolerance and acceptance. There's literally no down side for this.

There isn't a downside to diversity, but if one school is better on educational factors but all one race and another is more diverse but has larger class sizes and a worse record of sending kids to top colleges, then ranking the second one higher isn't helpful if you want the best school.
    come to northern virginia we could be pals

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Quid wrote: »

It adds a few scenes that definitely improve it a lot. Not necessarily on the long term but definitely in the immediate emotional department.

there's a mod someone made that dramatically improves the ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9Y7F54VA10

it also has like 16 possible outcomes
    there is no god child, the normandy doesn't crash in eden, they try to rescue shepard

they can fail to rescue shepard depending on how you did in the game

the only thing the catalyst does is kill the reapers

override367 on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    if you embed autoplaying twitch streams or vines you should be banned forever

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    I really like the director's cut ending for me3

I never saw the original, so it made me happy, like clam

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Oh dang, this is physical. Boo.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

It's a quality people would want to know about before judging, I think. They may not be the reason to judge what school to choose, but it is valid information for choosing which school to pick. Maybe some parents would choose diversity over a school with one race, and for those families it's important they have that information before they make their decision.

sure, but assigning a point value to a concept like "diversity" is silly. Rolling it into the sausage of rankings is dumb.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I didn't like the ending at all.

But the other portions are so great that it's still a fantastic game.

Endings ain't everything.

(Besides Citadel is the real ending)

OMG TWITCH AUTOPLAY STAHP

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

o_O

I thought it was about Chinese spies stealing our military tech.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    to this day i boggles my mind that the people that made the Tuchanka segment which
    has an insane number of permutations and is emotionally resonant and well written combined with an epic boss fight no matter which route you go also made "pick one of the 3 colors."

This has a lot to do with how Takyris is a pro-tier bro (he wrote Mordin and the Tuchanka campaign, Iron Bull, and Cole, among others)

• Options
    "Oh good, this auto plays" said no one, ever.

• Options
    Ironically the chink in my armor is chinks in armor

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Everyone keep talking until we gtfo this twitch becursed page

• Options
    Winky wrote: »

This has a lot to do with how Takyris is a pro-tier bro (he wrote Mordin and the Tuchanka campaign, Iron Bull, and Cole, among others)

Solas too, iirc.

Basically he's the best.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    "Oh good, this auto plays" said no one, ever.

Clicking is a lot of effort.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    yes I'm a nerd

there's an episode where Obrien has to work with a Cardassian engineer, and he's a total prick to her because hes racist against cardassians, giving her shit about how much better humans do things than cardassians and as soon as they're alone she starts trying to make out with him and he's like "the fuck"

she says "what you've been flirting with me since I got here I don't understand"

• Options
    ban twitch

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Oh shit sorry guys I forgot it embeds and auto plays now, I fixed it

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »
    Everyone keep talking until we gtfo this twitch becursed page

BUMP

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Kana I had to reread that like 10 times to make sure it wasn't secretly racist

This discussion has been closed.