Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Rimworld] It turns out Vegetable Garden isn't a prisoner enhancement mod.

1262728293032»

• Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    That's one thing that the Medieval Times mod does which I really wish it wouldn't. Because not only do they provide tiny little benefits like +5% work speed for tailored gloves or 2% faster movement speed for having socks so I feel like I need to have them (and that they might be horribly unbalanced), but now I also feel like my colonists are walking around barefoot without them.

Space.
  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    There is a slight practical value to boots/gloves though.

Under vanilla Rimworld, hands/feet aren't covered by anything so if you ever wondered why fingers get blown/bitten off in combat so often, that's the reason why.

Those minor boosts in effectiveness are nothing TBH. The real gains are from advanced prosthetics and alpaca wool.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    Basil
    edited August 2018
    Oh hey, B19 is out!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/294100/announcements/detail/1696055855818288784

That's right, B19. We're not going straight to 1.0 after all, since Tynan decided that the game could still use at least one more coat of polish before he considers it "done". Game is in a bit of a frustrating state right now, imo RimWorld is a good game as-is, but mods are what truly make it shine, and a lot of modders are waiting on 1.0 before they bother updating their mods again. That said, B19 negates the need for a lot of the "quality of life" mods (Hand me that brick, While you're up, Colony manager e.t.c). Mostly I miss Simple Sidearms.

Also in the category of "things people were doing with mods but is now in vanilla", Naked Brutality is now an official start where you start with one colonist with no items whatsoever including clothes. It sure does make the early game interesting, if potentially very short!

Mr Ray on
    Space.
    jdarksunTheKoolEagle
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Oh, Colony Manager is built in now? How does that work?

syndalis wrote: »
    Apple is a terrible company.
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    So looks like 1.0 has been released!

I haven't played this game in probably a year, year and a half. I'm watching some twitch streams / youtubes with the aim of researching new things and remembering old things.

Anyone still playing this? If so - what mods are you using? I'm trying to figure out what mods aren't necessary anymore with 1.0, and what mods are considered "must haves".

"Prepare carefully" and "Work Tab" are ones I currently have subscribed, which are leftovers from when I used to play. I'm guessing they are still valid.

PSN: AWATTT66| XBox Live: AWATTT66| Steam: AL-WAT| Battle.Net: ALWATTS #1320
    Origin: aiwatt| Switch: SW-8499-0918-5960
  • Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    So looks like 1.0 has been released!

I haven't played this game in probably a year, year and a half. I'm watching some twitch streams / youtubes with the aim of researching new things and remembering old things.

Anyone still playing this? If so - what mods are you using? I'm trying to figure out what mods aren't necessary anymore with 1.0, and what mods are considered "must haves".

"Prepare carefully" and "Work Tab" are ones I currently have subscribed, which are leftovers from when I used to play. I'm guessing they are still valid.

A lot of the colony management type mods have become more redundant as QoL changes are made to the game, but they can still be quite helpful depending on how much control you want. They include things such as Pharmacy Manager, Animals Tab etc.

Prepare carefully is still relevant if you want more control over your starts. Prepare carefully (alongside Map Reroll) are more essential if you want to try the naked brutality option.

I like vegetable garden (more stuff to grow and more things to do with them) and Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering (EPOE). I wouldn't say either are hugely balanced, but EPOE in particular allows you to recover/rebuild after shattered spines or brain injuries and so on.

I'd say just to have a game or two of vanilla and see what annoys you the most/what you think is missing and then go from there!

Al_wat
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    So when I last played, the only interaction you had with the world map was when you chose your initial landing site.

Now I've learned that you can launch caravans or raids which is really cool. Is there anything else you can do? Can you have multiple settlements or abandon one and make a new one?

PSN: AWATTT66| XBox Live: AWATTT66| Steam: AL-WAT| Battle.Net: ALWATTS #1320
    Origin: aiwatt| Switch: SW-8499-0918-5960
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    So when I last played, the only interaction you had with the world map was when you chose your initial landing site.

Now I've learned that you can launch caravans or raids which is really cool. Is there anything else you can do? Can you have multiple settlements or abandon one and make a new one?

I can't remember if you can have multiple settlements in vanilla. Maybe it was a mod or maybe not?

I will say one thing, the Devs were very proud of creating a sphere in a game. :razz:

• NebulousQNebulousQ Registered User regular
    There is a button for abandoning your settlement and help/tooltip that says you can abandon and start another. :I don't think you can have multiple settlements in vanilla.

This might have changed in 1.0, but up until recently you could have multiple settlements, however, by default the maximum allowed is 1. All you have to do is change it in the options though, and it'll give you a little spiel about it might be pretty taxing on your CPU. I've not had issues with running two simultaneously though. I imagine if you had two full-size settlements running it would, but chances are you'll have a "main" settlement and a small mining/logging/whatever outpost.

Space.
    DelmainTheKoolEagle