Options

[Amiibo] Chasing the Plastic Unicorn

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    It's pretty sad how much worse the non-smash amiibos are. Just bad models, bad poses in general, bleh.

If they had been released before Smash Bros they probably would have been fine but, yeah, they seem like a bit of a downgrade overall. If this means we start getting better access to amiibos though, i'm down with it.

• Options
    PacMan1979PacMan1979 Registered User regular
    My biggest hope for future Amiibo, would be Animal Crossing Villagers. Like all of them! Then make them compatible with the next game so that when you touch them to your 3DS, they give you the option of having them move into your town.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    If there's a Daisy I'm modding it with one of those greeting card sound chips so whenever you pick it up or put it down it screams "Hi I'm Daisy!"

Taramoor on
  • Options
    You're a monster

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    If there's a Daisy I'm modding it with one of those greeting card sound chips so whenever you pick it up or put it down it screams "Hi I'm Daisy!"

Speaking of Daisy..

bpqi86m.png

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    PacMan1979 wrote: »
    My biggest hope for future Amiibo, would be Animal Crossing Villagers. Like all of them! Then make them compatible with the next game so that when you touch them to your 3DS, they give you the option of having them move into your town.

tumblr_n2geq8Oc3U1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg

You want to cause collectors' brains to explode or something?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    I'm all for like... NFC cards of those guys, but holy shit if they each had a figure the economy would collapse

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Wooooooooo!

In the last couple days:

- I got my Lucario, that I was lucky enough to buy at the right time when TRU sold it on ebay

- I got my Rosalina, which is a Japanese version that I got for a reasonable price, when the day that I would've been camping in front of a Target for her had a ridiculous snowstorm and was like sub-zero out there so I said eff it

- I got Toon Link and Bowser which I had preordered on Amazon a long time ago

- Sheik was shipped by Amazon

- Sonic was shipped by Wal-Mart

- Shulk was shipped by Gamestop

- Ike and two Mega Mans still coming from Wal-Mart, Meta-Knight still coming from Best Buy

- I uh, I think I forgot about Dedede...

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    You're gonna be drowning in plastic

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    and ladies

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Rumor is wave 3B is going in and out of stock on Target's site.

Also, if anyone gets an extra Ike or Dedede, I'd gladly compensate/trade/winkwinknudgenudge.

That being said, I'd totally trade a Rosalina for a Villager. I kind of want to try the reddit for trading amiibo, but I'm not one to use reddit ever so I don't know how trustworthy it is over there (compared to here where I trust everyone).

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    My biggest hope for future Amiibo, would be Pokemon. Like all of them! Then make them compatible with the next game so that when you touch them to your 3DS, they give you the option of having them move into your town.

FTFY.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    My biggest hope for future Amiibo, would be Pokemon. Like all of them! Then make them compatible with the next game so that when you touch them to your 3DS, they give you the option of having them move into your town.

FTFY.

Gotta Buy Them All

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I'm in deep, deep trouble if they do full-on amiibo integration for the next Pokemon game.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Pokemon... yeesh. There are over 700 of them now. Even assuming they're not batshit crazy and limit it to full evolutions, that's still - and I believe this is the numerical term - a fuckload of them. The only other option is to play the world's worst popularity contest and pick and choose who gets to be immortalized in plastic.

On the other side of this equation is Nintendo and how bloody conservative they're still being. They see demand is there, and they're still skittish as fucking hell in making more. Every so often you get the hint that maybe they regret getting into this. They whip up a few prototypes, promise the world they're making all the Smash Bros characters... and then realize "Oh fuck, this is actually a lot of work and money!". I'll bet there are some suits looking at the amiibo process, then look at the Pokemon roster, and then hyperventilate into a paper bag.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I can definitely see them doing popular Pokémon, like all the ones in Smash Bros, the Legendaries, and like Gardevoir, Garchomp, Meowth, Zoroark, etc

If they handled it in waves it could be totally manageable. And they could do cheaper paint jobs and standard poses that wouldn't require clear plastic bricks.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    My assumption was that wave 2 and 3 were already produced/in production when the amiibo craze started and by that time it was too late to snap their fingers and make more. I hope the Super Mario series and wave 4 are handled better.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I'm betting the Super Mario line costs them like half as much to make as the Smash line so they'll make many more of those. Wave 4 of Smash will likely be just as shitty as the rest.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Sonic and Mega Man are available on the target website now, but shipping is ridiculous

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Rumor is wave 3B is going in and out of stock on Target's site.

Also, if anyone gets an extra Ike or Dedede, I'd gladly compensate/trade/winkwinknudgenudge.

That being said, I'd totally trade a Rosalina for a Villager. I kind of want to try the reddit for trading amiibo, but I'm not one to use reddit ever so I don't know how trustworthy it is over there (compared to here where I trust everyone).

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to order Sonic from Target. :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    My wife got me three older games for Valentine's Day and one of them was Mario Vs Donkey Kong. I'd never played the game, but I was told since I like Donkey Kong '94, I would like this game, so I threw it on my want list some months back.

We were putting them in my Retron 5 to test them out and this intro had us laughing because it's me and amiibos
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vO4-jw9eQE

Edit: I'm supposed to tell you that the frustrated noise DK makes at 43 seconds is the same one I do, apparently.

Edit edit: Oh yea, picked up Toon Link today. Told myself I wasn't, but he just looked so dang cool in the store.

McFlynn on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Checked out my local TRU. Scored Toon Link, Shiek, and Fox.

No Lucario or Bowser :(

Just want to find Dedede, Ike, Metaknight, and Megaman next.

• Options
    McFlynn wrote: »
    My wife got me three older games for Valentine's Day and one of them was Mario Vs Donkey Kong. I'd never played the game, but I was told since I like Donkey Kong '94, I would like this game, so I threw it on my want list some months back.

We were putting them in my Retron 5 to test them out and this intro had us laughing because it's me and amiibos

Edit: I'm supposed to tell you that the frustrated noise DK makes at 43 seconds is the same one I do, apparently.

Edit edit: Oh yea, picked up Toon Link today. Told myself I wasn't, but he just looked so dang cool in the store.

To be fair, those toys do look really cool.

mario01.jpg

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I went to ToysR just to see what they had.
    Now there was a line but I was not surprised. Got into the store and all they were selling of the new ones was Sheik so I went around the store looking at other things.
    I was more disappointed in the number of Resellers I saw.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20040528/mario01.jpg

I want their hats.

I've seen Toon Links and Shieks few times but I keep passing on them. What's the word on their rarity?

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20040528/mario01.jpg

I want their hats.

I've seen Toon Links and Shieks few times but I keep passing on them. What's the word on their rarity?

Everyone thought Sheik was rare, but is actually getting restocked. Might be Zelda common in a few weeks.

Took Link is thought rare but might be getting restocked too. Don't really know yet.

• Options
    From what I hear people aren't having much trouble finding Toon Link

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Which makes me sad because I have an extra for trading. :-(

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Got me an Ike today. The package is a bit beat up, but the figure is fine.

• Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2015
    so at a suggestion from a friend I made an edit to the vid of my bowser/villager amiibo fight

http://youtu.be/YeHNEvn6xPA

I'm in the process of recording another amiibo tourney with 24 diff amiibo. Shulk is doing much better than expected for his first appearance.

Grath on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

What would be the worst thing about it is if they did that they set it up like the game the rarest villagers they made the littlest of.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    I preordered Shulk from Gamestop.com even though I'm in Canada.

The amiibo plus shipping came to $36 CDN, and now someone is telling me I'm going to have to pay a $17 import fee when it's delivered. I would not have ordered it if I knew it would be so expensive. Maybe I can sell it for what I paid for.

This is why I said "screw that" when I looked into GameStop, though the import fee is news to me.

Sort of; I mean, I've dealt with them, but it varies. Worst part is you don't know until they're ready to give it to you, so you're caught blind (and potentially broke).

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Not sure if this is an official Nintendo event or fan run event. But apparently the Nintendo World store in NYC is hosting an amiibo only tournament on the 28th.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I wish I could go to that soooo bad

• Options
    Venture IndustryVenture Industry Registered User regular
    So I didn't realize this until yesterday and thought I would share.

The store exclusive amiibo are only temporarily exclusive eventually they will be in all stores which hopefully means some reprinting of those that are harder to find.

3DS: 3866-8020-5336 NNID/PSN: VentureIndustry XBL: Hax0rz
  • Options
    we don't really know that

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I'll believe it when I see it.

There's a chance (likely a good one) that there'll be a Super Mario line Rosalina

Which, by definition technically means temporary exclusivity unless that one is also Target-only if it even happens

The others, though, I don't see when they'd even see another version

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    So Captain Falcon, Little Mac, and Pit are pretty much gone forever, I assume? (Plus the obvious Villager and Wii Fit Trainer)

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I'm still holding on to the belief that nothing is gone forever.

But I'm likely to be wrong.

• Options
    falcon still pops up in stock occasionally, little mac seems to be as rare as wft was

This discussion has been closed.