As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Amiibo] Chasing the Plastic Unicorn

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    TimFiji wrote: »
    I have a Best Buy preorder from long ago that worries me. No update in over 2 months. It has my ike , DDD, meta knight , etc. Anyone hear anything?

None of those are coming until 2/13 at the earliest

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Whew. Still, Best Buy worries me.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
      Okay, I now have two Captain Falcons.

Anybody have a spare Pit, Sheik, Lucario, Rosalina, or Meta Knight they want to trade?

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
      Warlock82 wrote: »
      PSA if you ordered any Amiibos on Amazon that say they are shipping in March:

* Click "Change shipping speed"
      * Select the same speed
      * Click "Confirm"

Enjoy:
      9r3mfm56nngk.gif

(Also I just got my Lucario from my TRU online order today. Yay... box was kind of shit - plastic part was barely attached and coming off - but I open them anyways so "meh" - the figure is fine and that's all I care about)

How the hell did you order a Sonic amiibo? It has literally never been in basic stock from my checking. It was all just second-sellers and it's currently unavailable completely.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
      Darth_Mogs wrote: »
      Warlock82 wrote: »
      PSA if you ordered any Amiibos on Amazon that say they are shipping in March:

* Click "Change shipping speed"
      * Select the same speed
      * Click "Confirm"

Enjoy:
      9r3mfm56nngk.gif

(Also I just got my Lucario from my TRU online order today. Yay... box was kind of shit - plastic part was barely attached and coming off - but I open them anyways so "meh" - the figure is fine and that's all I care about)

How the hell did you order a Sonic amiibo? It has literally never been in basic stock from my checking. It was all just second-sellers and it's currently unavailable completely.

It was for like a half an hour about a month ago :p

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      I was lucky to snag one too!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
        I'm kind of regretting not getting Sonic. I didn't pre-order him because I have a 6" action figure of '90s style Sonic sitting on the shelf next to my amiibo shelf. But then someone here pointed out that its a Sonic figure made by Nintendo and that situation is so delicious.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
        Okay, so I currently have:

Peach
        Zelda
        Little Mac
        Wii Fit Trainer
        Toon Link
        Bowser
        Pikachu

I have two Rosalinas on the way from Target that will show up Saturday. I am trading one of these Rosalinas to a friend for a Shulk.

Today I just preordered the Mario Party 10 bundle with the new Mario amiibo

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
        So apparently Sonic really is fast since even though Amazon had a March 2nd delivery date for him, they're already shipping.

Nintendo Console Codes
        Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
      • TayaTaya Registered User regular
        I assume the new Mario amiibo will be available on its own eventually. I don't really want to buy Mario Party.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
        Taya wrote: »
        I assume the new Mario amiibo will be available on its own eventually. I don't really want to buy Mario Party.

That seems like a smart play from Nintendo though.

"We need to drive WiiUsoftware."
        "Okay, let's create an exclusive Amiibo that comes bundled with each game!"

So the new Fire Emblem will have an exclusive Chrom Amiibo, new Metroid comes bundled with Ridley, etc.

Ooh, they could bundle an exclusive Wind Waker Ganondorf with a limited edition WiiU to drive hardware!

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
        Yeah. I was wanting Shulk. To Ebay!

Wii Music U bundled with Geno amiibo.

There seem to be allot of Japan imports on Ebay. You tend to have to pay double though.

I see a set of Shulk, Rockman, and Sonic that seems pretty good.

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
        GameStop has the Mario series figures up for preorder now. Toad is already sold out online but still available in store last I checked.

Mario figure appears to be only in the bundle.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
        Yup. I believe the only way you can get the Mario amiibo for now is if you buy the Mario Party 10 bundle.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
      • TairuTairu Registered User regular
        We'll see how long that lasts. I'm pretty sure that Mario amiibo is the amiibo they wanted to sell before they even though of making Smash ones.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/nintendo_fan_creates_a_mewtwo_amiibo_that_works_with_pokemon_rumble_u_bids_pass_usd250

t4xbjoxzxdh6.jpg

- made using the NFC chip from a Pokemon Rumble U Mewtwo toy
        - created using a gutted amiibo stand
        - custom packaging
        - compatible with Pokemon Rumble U

Nintendo Console Codes
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
        Oh wow, just got a notification from Amazon that my Toon Link Amiibo shipped.

Nintendo Console Codes
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
      • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
        My Lucario amiibos arrived at my town this morning!

But they are holding him hostage for two days. :(

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
      • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
        I should have picked up a few last week when Toys R Us had that "4 for $40" sale.

FU7kFbw.png
        Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
      • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
        edited February 2015
        so my villager is a monster.

http://youtu.be/XdDO35j9oJY

Also here is my collection as of last night
        6gH0Izu.jpg

I did all the customization myself except for the WFT. My wife really really really wanted to try and play with clay..

Grath on
        Pink Gold Peach!

I have an extra Luigi that I'd like to paint into the pink colour scheme. What kind of paint do you use? I have lots of Liquidex Basic acrylic paint but I doubt it's opaque enough.

• GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
        I just bought acrylic paint from michaels. the 'americana brand. Except for pink gold peach I bought two different Martha stewart acrylics and mixed them. Light gold and pink taffeta.

The advice that was given to me that when I finally took it made my life way easier was 'thin your paints!' and 'buy decent brushes!' There are all kinds of screwups on mario and some others that were caused by thick paint and cheap brushes.

Holy crap that Rapunzel Wii Fit Trainer haha

Tairu wrote: »
        Holy crap that Rapunzel Wii Fit Trainer haha
        I told her that the head is too small on WFT for Rapunzel. but she didn't wanna listen.

• MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
        Those are all fantastic - love Light Suit samus.

Steam: Cilantr0
        3DS: 0447-9966-6178
      • PacMan1979PacMan1979 Registered User regular
        I like that Toon Link custom. That's the color I always pick.

I wish the in game skin would also change his sword and shield to the NES versions.

I was thinking about how if they do end up releasing card versions of discontinued amiibo, that could be great for custom amiibo artists. The cost of getting certain figures makes messing with them, at least to me, prohibitively expensive. But if you could just get a card, take out the NFC chip and put it into a Mario amiibo you could have a lot more leeway.

edited February 2015
        I saw a neat thing somebody did with the NFC. They cut up the box and created a little keychain with the boxart and had the NFC sticker inside. That way he can take his Amiibo anywhere while not having to worry about damaging the figure.

Like this
        sKwT38H.jpg

Edit: spoiler'd for huge

Grath on
        Gamestop is calling the Mario Bros line wave 4, for whatever reason. That's bound to cause issues later.

• PacMan1979PacMan1979 Registered User regular
        Will some us get like this with Amiibo? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgDsyj5eLmo&app=desktop

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
        Fire Emblem amiibo will turn loljapan creepy.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
      • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
        I'll find a Shulk amiibo. You'll see, thread title. :(

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
        Yeah. I know that Shulk one will be near impossible to get in stores. Ebayed it.

Today is the release date for Lucario in Canada but our store didn't get their shipment in. They gave rainchecks for the first 20 people in line.

edited February 2015
        Well, Toad was available for pre-order on Walmart. I had him in my cart, checked another tab, got distracted, and then he sold out.

Frik. Sigh.

McFlynn on
        edited February 2015
        I'm just gonna chill on toad. I have a feeling he'll be easy to snag once the hype dies down a bit. I don't care about the rest of the SMB line. I just want toad because he doesn't exist in the SSB line

Grath on
      This discussion has been closed.