Options

[Amiibo] Chasing the Plastic Unicorn

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Nerds are finicky creatures that bitch about everything. If Nintendo released the same Link figure with clear plastic for the support, you'd have so much rage from: People who bought the butter one and want the clear one, people who want the butter one (ikr?), the people who think Nintendo should have just made a new link from the get-go, and people who would bitch that they wasted time on dumb ol' Link, no one likes Link, wheres my [obscure character] figure?

Generally its easier to just accept the one level of bitching you're getting now and not try to fix it.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I'm gonna go pick up my New 3DS tomorrow and I have feeling that I won't be able to resist buying an amiibo along with it. It'll probably be Ike so that I can use him in Code Name STEAM. Luckily (unfortunately?) Mega Man and Shulk aren't out yet or I'd probably buy them too.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »
    Nerds are finicky creatures that bitch about everything. If Nintendo released the same Link figure with clear plastic for the support, you'd have so much rage from: People who bought the butter one and want the clear one, people who want the butter one (ikr?), the people who think Nintendo should have just made a new link from the get-go, and people who would bitch that they wasted time on dumb ol' Link, no one likes Link, wheres my [obscure character] figure?

Generally its easier to just accept the one level of bitching you're getting now and not try to fix it.

To them I'd say it's $15 damn dollars, suck it up or suck it down. It might have traction if it was a more significant change on a more significantly rare amiibo.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Venture IndustryVenture Industry Registered User regular
    I'm surprised to see that people don't like the Smash Bros Luigi, I love that goofy pose and bought one the moment I saw it since they'll cut it off once the Super Mario set releases.

Also heads up Metaknight is now listed on Best Buy's website with a February 20th release.

3DS: 3866-8020-5336 NNID/PSN: VentureIndustry XBL: Hax0rz
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Got my Toon Link, Shiek and Shulk preorders last night at Gamestop!

Now to wait for next week's Megaman, Sonic and Ike to come in. 24 Amiibos so far!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I'm surprised to see that people don't like the Smash Bros Luigi, I love that goofy pose and bought one the moment I saw it since they'll cut it off once the Super Mario set releases.

Also heads up Metaknight is now listed on Best Buy's website with a February 20th release.

I'm there with you. I actually like the SSB Luigi more than the other one, but that is because I love the absurdity of Luigi Planking, which honestly fits his goofy personality.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    I like the SSB Luigi more just not the big plastic piece that covers his torso, but thats not an uncommon sentiment

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I still haven't brought Toon Link downstairs because my daughter (who is 19 months old) loves him. I have him sitting at the dinner table and every time I seat her she'll point at him and go "YINK!" and get all excited.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I still haven't brought Toon Link downstairs because my daughter (who is 19 months old) loves him. I have him sitting at the dinner table and every time I seat her she'll point at him and go "YINK!" and get all excited.

That is adorable. <3

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

That is adorable. <3

Yeah. He makes her happy so I'll leave him there until she stops getting excited. :)

... He may be there a while.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    My Fox from Amazon came in today. I am not up to 10 amiibo. God help me.

I guess tomorrow I'll hit up Toys R us 20 minutes or so before opening. I need me some Dedede and Ike.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    http://mynintendonews.com/2015/02/12/retailer-exclusive-amiibo-only-for-launch/

Interesting sighting, on the official amiibo site, the retailer-exclusive amiibos are considered "exclusive at launch".

We might be seeing reprints.

Tairu on
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    http://m.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product/120320

Shulk is available here at it's regular price! I just ordered one! Says it will be out in May.

Not sure how this site is different from the regular gamestop site, where Shulk is still not available.

Tairu on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I'm trying to add it to my cart and I'm getting an error. I actually had to pull over for this one, lol.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    I'm guessing it's out of stock? This shit is crazy.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I wish they would make an Amiibo interaction for Majora's mask. It is after all, one of the newest games to be released with the New 3ds XL.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    I'm guessing it's out of stock? This shit is crazy.

In-stock amiibo are ephemeral, like the leaves in autumn

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So I stopped at Toys R Us for the hell of it tonight. They had like 15 Sheiks :P lol... Tons of Toon Links too.... so much for rarity. Actually out of Bowser of all things...

I kind of get the feeling Nintendo actually did produce a lot of stock this wave, but weird shit like the port strike and over-zealous scalpers are making it seem worse than it is.

That said, I am camping the hell out of Best Buy next Friday. I WILL get a damn Meta Knight even though they screwed me out of a chance at pre-ordering due to their shit ass website not accepting my credit card because "durrr the product doesn't come out until December 2015 and your card expires in April!" -_- I probably should have called their hotline or something, but he went out of stock a bit after that.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Anyone else browsing TRU in the morning? Think it will be hard to grab Dedede and Ike?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Anyone else browsing TRU in the morning? Think it will be hard to grab Dedede and Ike?

I am assuming they will get very few. I honestly don't even like to buy from them because of their dumb $1 amiibo tax (seriously TRU, why are your amiibos $1 more than everyone else?). I'll probably stop there after work just to see if there is anything, but I doubt there will be.

I honestly don't know what to think about Ike and Dedede though. I am sure they will be super rare at first, but so was Sheik. I feel like Nintendo has to make a bunch of both though since they just announced both figures would have unique support in upcoming games (Dedede in a game that comes out on the 20th). People are assuming Dedede will be rare but I honestly think it will be the opposite, at least after a few weeks (he will be rare as shit the first two weeks). Ike I dunno. I am sure he will be rare for awhile, but I suspect they'll reprint him in March along with Marth for Codename: STEAM.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    I'm gonna go pick up my New 3DS tomorrow and I have feeling that I won't be able to resist buying an amiibo along with it. It'll probably be Ike so that I can use him in Code Name STEAM. Luckily (unfortunately?) Mega Man and Shulk aren't out yet or I'd probably buy them too.

Do we know how they work in Code Name STEAM? Do they replace one of your normal party members? Because personally, no one in Fire Emblem is as cool as have Queequeg on my team. But if you get them in like, addition to the normal 4 you get to bring on your team, well, that would probably be busted...

• Options
    You have four party member slots, they just give you extra options for characters. They might be a bit stronger though, because when they die they can't be revived at the save points.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Okay good to know, thanks! I can safely skip on them then as personally I have no great love for the fire emblem cast so using tom sawyer is just way cooler to me.

• Options
    Ah, but putting together the combined forces of American Literature and Japanese RPG's is like putting peanut butter and chocolate together

• Options
    redfield85 wrote: »

I'm gonna try to make it. Hopefully I can convince my boss to let me come in 90 minutes late.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Waiting outside TRU. Rumor is that they've got a decent number of Mega Man figures but only one Sonic and one Dedede. I guess I'll pick up a MM and two other figures for the $33 for 3 deal.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Apparently the Japanese Mario Party site leaked three new Mario Amiibo:

map04png-93dfca_960w.png

map06png-b6dffb_960w.png

map08png-b6dffc_960w.png

As per usual, more basic poses that don't require plastic stands, but lower quality. But hey, there's your traditional Wario if you want it.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    But hey, there's your traditional Wario if you want it.

Yesssssssss

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So.... I should stop playing ebay for Rosalina?
    Or just continue to try and let people eat it for the price that outbid me at

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

map04png-93dfca_960w.png

map06png-b6dffb_960w.png

map08png-b6dffc_960w.png

As per usual, more basic poses that don't require plastic stands, but lower quality. But hey, there's your traditional Wario if you want it.

Oh come on Nintendo, this was the perfect time to reveal the Waluigi amiibo.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I hope they add more amiibo costumes to MK8

• Options
    From Reddit:
    0nRlPsA.jpg

I wasn't aware King Dedede finished medical school. :p

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    From Reddit:
    0nRlPsA.jpg

I wasn't aware King Dedede finished medical school. :p

It's an honorary doctorate.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited February 2015

map04png-93dfca_960w.png

map06png-b6dffb_960w.png

map08png-b6dffc_960w.png

On the one hand I am excited at the custom boards you get for having the amiibo. (Rosalina Board! Wario Board! DK board!)
    On the other, the board is just a fucking square.

Mixed feelings of "I can't wait to play this game!" and "It's going to be disappointing!"
    Amiibo party aside, not to thrilled at the car mechanic and mini stars coming back in Mario Party 10.

Riokenn on
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    edited February 2015

assets2.ignimgs.com/2015/02/13/map04png-93dfca_960w.png

assets1.ignimgs.com/2015/02/13/map06png-b6dffb_960w.png

assets2.ignimgs.com/2015/02/13/map08png-b6dffc_960w.png

I think those were "revealed" in the Direct? I mean, those look like screenshots of what the amiibo characters look like in the game, and the Direct had those too, even for ones that they didn't announce Super Mario series amiibos for. i.e. They're not necessarily an indication of the next Mario amiibos.

homogenized on
  • Options
    I doubt walmart has any new amiibo, but if my LE Majora shows up soon I might go check it out.

• Options
    Are we sure those are actual physical Amiibos? I assumed that's just how they appeared in game when you scanned the Smash DK, Rosalina, and Wario Amiibos so they matched the overall design of the game.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Are we sure those are actual physical Amiibos? I assumed that's just how they appeared in game when you scanned the Smash DK, Rosalina, and Wario Amiibos so they matched the overall design of the game.

It's a logical assumption, but it'd also be a logical assumption that amiibos and n3DSes wouldn't be stupidly rare.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    It's pretty sad how much worse the non-smash amiibos are. Just bad models, bad poses in general, bleh.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015

They're probably going to be a Wave 2 set from the Super Mario line. I'm betting another 6 amiibos, meaning we just need three more characters to fill it out.

Come on Waweegee....Koopa Troopa....and Princess Daisy.

Riokenn on
This discussion has been closed.