As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Amiibo] Chasing the Plastic Unicorn

• symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    This just happened.

http://www.koat.com/news/nintendo-collectibles-stolen-sold-back-to-owner-at-video-game-store/34089082

I shop at his store sometimes, he's a really cool guy.

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    @cloudeagle claimed the aforementioned Rosalina, so if anyone needs Jigglypuff or a Silver Mario, feel free to drop me a line.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    symbolsor wrote: »
    This just happened.

http://www.koat.com/news/nintendo-collectibles-stolen-sold-back-to-owner-at-video-game-store/34089082

I shop at his store sometimes, he's a really cool guy.

I have not gone to it as I thought it was something else by the name.

• McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    I got an email three hours ago saying that Jigglypuff is back in stock and she's still there.

I haven't been paying too much attention to her because I don't need her, but I figured it doesn't hurt to post this.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Heads up, TRU has a B1G1 40% off deal going on now.

You know it's legitimate when Geth approves of cheap amiibos.

Mx. Quill on

But it's the ones I have or have no interest in
    No fire emblem though

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Well seeing as I don't have a lot of commons, it works for me. Might get Bowser and Zelda.

• BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »
    I got an email three hours ago saying that Jigglypuff is back in stock and she's still there.

I haven't been paying too much attention to her because I don't need her, but I figured it doesn't hurt to post this.

Apparently It's still there a week later. I guess no one wants Jigglypuff?

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
    McFlynn wrote: »

Apparently It's still there a week later. I guess no one wants Jigglypuff?

Last time I looked at her on eBay she was averaging 23ish and that was the day after we heard we would get a restock. I hope it means that we're not far from scalping exclusives not being profitable.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I had been trying to limiting my Amiibos to the characters I enjoy playing, so Jiggly isn't on my list of buys. My wife has expressed concerns that I might be trying to Catch em All on Infinity and Amiibo so I have to watch my volumes :)

Unfortunately, I tend to play Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer, and the kid plays Lucario and Dedede so I think we're out of luck unless restocks get more widespread :) I think I would like to have one of each major Mario character though - we already have Peach & Yoshi - and I think I want a Kirby to go with our Meta Knight.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Edit: Weeee double post and we still don't have a delete option....

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited July 2015
    Whelp, my Japanese import ZSS arrived ;) Really good condition too. I'm kind of amazed it came this fast.

Edit: Picture:
    zss_amiibo.png

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited July 2015

Keep in mind that if you're a GCU member, Best Buy still offers Amiibos for cheaper since TRU tacks on an extra dollar for whatever reason.

Two Amiibos bought at Toys R Us: $13.99 + $8.39 = $22.38

Two Amiibos Bought at Best Buy: $10.39 + $10.39 = $20.78.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    I would be willing to pay the extra dollar if they had the Fire Emblem ones or the villager or Wii Fit
    It's cheaper than the 3rd party mark up

Well this has quickly gotten out of hand.

se8xoejkptoh.jpg

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Amazon is gonna make some sort of amiibo announcement this afternoon. It could just be preorder dates, but they're making a big deal out of it, so some people are speculating it's a massive upcoming restock or a proper reservation system that will then drive production numbers. (Which would be quite a feat given their rocky relationship with Nintendo)

Shut it down, the announcement is palutena is exclusive
    https://mobile.twitter.com/amazongames/status/621016575877853185

SaraLuna on
    There's your news: Palutena is an Amazon exclusive.

I guess the good news is that Amazon by far handled the last wave the best

edited July 2015
    Oh for sure.

Also a memo at Beat Buy points to each store having over 100 Dark Pits.

Mx. Quill on
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Oh for sure.

Are they actually making enough? It's the end of the world!

TimFiji on
    Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
      I guess the good news is that Amazon by far handled the last wave the best

My question is, will it be available for more than 5 minutes to order it?

Nintendo Console Codes
      Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
      Weren't there loads of exclusive characters during the last wave, relatively speaking?

Also, I wonder if this FINALLY spells the end of the last remnants of their beef with Nintendo.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
      cloudeagle wrote: »
      Weren't there loads of exclusive characters during the last wave, relatively speaking?

Also, I wonder if this FINALLY spells the end of the last remnants of their beef with Nintendo.

all signs point to no

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
      edited July 2015
      From AmazonJosh on Reddit:
      Okay, cat's out of the bag, Palutena's going to be an exclusive to Amazon. She comes out July 24th, and we're not doing pre-orders, so orders will go live at some point that day. If you want info on when they'll go live, sign up to be emailed on the product page (Although just like wave 4, I'll cross-post everything to reddit).
      A few things to keep in mind, that we learned before wave 4:
      1) We want to avoid resellers as much as possible, so she'll be limited to 1 per customer.
      2) We're going to let everyone know when she'll go on sale ahead of time.
      3) That time will be during "normal business hours" (No 2:30am releases). 4) We learned from wave 4 that the time "windows" aren't much different from just announcing a time, so I think that's what we'll be doing.
      Also, we have a lot more stock than we've had of any other amiibo yet. I know we'll end up selling out, but I think it'll be closer to the Splatoon 3-pack or Charizard or something rather than Lucina/Robin in terms of how long they're available (~15 mins after available). If you show up on time, you should be able to get one.

Sounds like it might be OK...

Warlock82 on
      Oh for sure.

That seems like, way too many.
      Maybe if it was a character anyone cared about

I'm glad I bought the japanese version of Palutena. I'd never be getting a NA version if it's exclusive to Amazon.

Oh for sure.

Cool, now if they'd just open up online orders for in-store pickup that would be amazing.

FU7kFbw.png
      Oh for sure.

Cool, now if they'd just open up online orders for in-store pickup that would be amazing.

Pretty sure he won't be available online. Unless they put him up on the 31st...

Warlock82 wrote: »
      Oh for sure.

Well, looks like I probably won't be able to get one then. Best Buy opens at 9AM around these parts and that's the time I have to get to work.

FU7kFbw.png
    • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      Oh for sure.

Well, looks like I probably won't be able to get one then. Best Buy opens at 9AM around these parts and that's the time I have to get to work.

That's the time most people work.... except scalpers

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
        So that leaves ZSS. Target exclusive again maybe?

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
        Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
        PSN - Brainiac_8
        Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
        Add me!
        edited July 2015
        Oh for sure.

"*cough* *cough* I'm sorry boss, I'm not feeling well today."

Edit: Also ZSS is wave 6. Not till September.

Warlock82 on
      • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
        edited July 2015
        Yeah, with Amazon joining the fray that's one more retailer that will demand their turn on the exclusive machine.

We're up to Target, Best Buy, Gamestop, Toys R Us and Amazon, right? Kinda surprised Walmart isn't getting another exclusive after silver Mario.

cloudeagle on
        Switch: 3947-4890-9293
        I saw this brought up on reddit and it sounded too perfect. So, with the whole Skylanders amiibo crossover thing, if Disney Infinity wanted to do a similar deal, Wreck-It Ralph 2 would be an amazing way to do that. I can just imagine being able to scan some amiibo into Disney Infinity (4.0?) for whatever characters show up in the film (just going off the first, you could include Bowser, Sonic and Pacman). I've heard Mario is supposed to be in the sequel, so I can just imagine them letting you use him in Infinity.

As a double cross promotion, Wreck-It Ralph amiibo + Smash DLC ;)

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
        I saw this brought up on reddit and it sounded too perfect. So, with the whole Skylanders amiibo crossover thing, if Disney Infinity wanted to do a similar deal, Wreck-It Ralph 2 would be an amazing way to do that. I can just imagine being able to scan some amiibo into Disney Infinity (4.0?) for whatever characters show up in the film (just going off the first, you could include Bowser, Sonic and Pacman). I've heard Mario is supposed to be in the sequel, so I can just imagine them letting you use him in Infinity.

As cool as that would be, Wreck-It Ralph 2 is still in the preproduction stages. We're not going to see it for at least a few years.

Nintendo Console Codes
        Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
        Oh for sure.

That seems like, way too many.
        Maybe if it was a character anyone cared about

Yes, ten Meta Knight per Best Buy on release, 100 Dark Pit per Best Buy on release.

What the what?

edited July 2015
        skeldare wrote: »

As cool as that would be, Wreck-It Ralph 2 is still in the preproduction stages. We're not going to see it for at least a few years.

Unfortunately probably true. Though with the first one's popularity Disney may be putting heavy resources into getting it out sooner. Any deal between the two companies would take some time to work out and implement as well.

Edit: Oh, sounds like John C. Reilly actually confirmed a day or so ago that he's signed on for the sequel too. Forgot the original came out in 2012. Wonder if they are further along than they are letting on?

Warlock82 on
      • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
        Well this has quickly gotten out of hand.

se8xoejkptoh.jpg

The only thing wrong with this photo is that they are not mint in box.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
        So is Wave 5 just Ganondorf, Palutena, and Dark Pit? If it is, I have nothing to worry about going into the release date.

This discussion has been closed.