As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Amiibo] Chasing the Plastic Unicorn

• MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »
    just got my jigglypuff in
    RWDFZKg.jpg
    well done, target

That's worse than what Amazon sent me the Splatoon 3-pack because this actually has enough space if you place it the correct way.

A very good example of "you had one job."

To their credit, its less likely to bounce around in shipping if wedged in there like that....

Got a weegee pose Green Guy and a Silver Mario from amazon - the handful of figures is starting to become a swarm. Send help.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    How do you guys record WiiU video? I want to do some amiibo battles sometime in the near future.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Couldn't resist when Rosalina was available from the Target site earlier:

2015-07-18%2011.29.04_zpspg7rugd7.jpg

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Riokenn
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    How do you guys record WiiU video? I want to do some amiibo battles sometime in the near future.

You need a capture card for the highest quality. Otherwise, a tripod and a video camera will do.

• TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Anyone need a specific amiibo? (I should just make a google form then raffle extras I get)

I really like seeing ebay prices drop to the high teens - mid 20s. Scalper assholes

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      Ziggymon
    • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
      I'm always on the lookout for wario and Charizard.

They are nowhere around here, and best buy seems to not ever restock their online supply.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
      Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
      PSN - Brainiac_8
      Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
      Add me!
      Capt Howdy
    • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      Brainiac 8 wrote: »
      I'm always on the lookout for wario and Charizard.

They are nowhere around here, and best buy seems to not ever restock their online supply.

I'll see what I can do!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
        I am always looking for the Fire Emblem ones I don't have {I just have Ike} as well as the Wii Fit and Villager.
        I really sadly play ebay trying to get them

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
        I'd like a robin, but I guess I'm just holding out for a potential restock at this point

you know, next year when fire emblem fates comes out :rotate:

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
      • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
        Were those Splatoon 3 packs still rare in the US?

7FbtxBS.jpg

Also found a store with both Mega Man and Kirby restock. Will have to grab them before they disappear.

Riokenn
      • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
        I will fight you for possession of those palutenas.

M A G I K A Z A M
      • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
        SHULK!!!! AAAAAA

Oh brilliant
      • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

7FbtxBS.jpg

Also found a store with both Mega Man and Kirby restock. Will have to grab them before they disappear.

It's like you found a unicorn in the wild.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
        Andy JoeGeneral_ArmchairAbsoluteZero
      • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
        Mmm, so that's what a shelf full of desirable amiibo looks like.

Andy JoeGeneral_Armchair
      • Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
        I want that 3-pack so bad

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
      • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
        I have told myself to not jump into the deep end of the Amiibo pool and not go overboard, but if I saw that I can say for certain at least three would be coming home with me (Inking Girl who is my most wanted right now, ZSS, and Rosalina).

I wonder if Nintendo will ever do version 2 of some characters...like Wario, Villager or ZSS who have significant costume differences.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
        edited July 2015
        cloudeagle wrote: »

7FbtxBS.jpg

It's like you found a unicorn in the wild.

s59onjz3rtni.png

Riokenn on
        OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
        Ay @fishfishmonkeyhat could ya grab me a Shulk n' ship it to New Hampshire? I'd paypal ya the cost plus shipping! ;D

Oh brilliant
      • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
        Nintendo Console Codes
        Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA

7FbtxBS.jpg

Lucina And Robin in the wild! A lie I say

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
        Man, what the fuck at that shelf. Everything on there is rare-to-unicorn with even Link being fairly scarce these days.

FU7kFbw.png
        Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
        Darth_Mogspirateluigi
      • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
        Yeah, those rares seem to be everywhere expect the USA.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png

7FbtxBS.jpg

You might want to find out if you died. Because I think you're in heaven.

Nintendo Console Codes
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
        Brainiac 8General_ArmchairPacMan1979pirateluigiAbsoluteZero
        Well someone either knows the joke from here or it's a weird universe

In fairness, my IRL buddy got me an amiibo for my birthday, and the enclosed Amazon message also said "UNICORN RARE!" so it seems like a pretty common sentiment. :P

Oh brilliant
        Granted, even the Fire Emblem Amiibos are easily obtainable with just a $5 or so markup nowadays.

Still, that shelf. Damn.

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
        Wow. That shelf.

Obviously fishfishmonkeyhat lives in bizzaro world where Nintendo overestimated demand and produced too great of a supply of amiibo.

3DS Friend Code:
        Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
      • Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
        Ran through a target just south of Pittsburgh, that place was picked clean, although they had slots for some rare ones like Rosalina and Lucina, they barely had a few Mario Bros characters and Diddy Kong.

• pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
        I have still never seen any amiibo in a Target that weren't Mario and Pals. Every other store I've at least found some uncommons. Not Target.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
        Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
        G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
        General_Armchair
      • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
        edited July 2015
        Warlock82 on
        Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
        Not a Mario or Pikachu to be seen. Nice.

Nintendo Console Codes
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
        Well, SOMEONE needs to prod Nintendo.

pirateluigiGeneral_Armchair
      • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
        Ay @fishfishmonkeyhat could ya grab me a Shulk n' ship it to New Hampshire? I'd paypal ya the cost plus shipping! ;D

Unfortunately this store is 45 minutes away from me and I don't go through there a lot. Also I don't think I can spare the time/money for an amiibo export business at the moment.
        Not a Mario or Pikachu to be seen. Nice.

They were probably on the top shelf.

Dark Raven X
        Do you guys use the amiibos for their intended purpose, like, train them up in Smash Bros?

Do you guys use the amiibos for their intended purpose, like, train them up in Smash Bros?

That and the dlcish things they do in other games

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular

I wouldn't mind training in Smash and having "tag team" matches with friends. I definitely unlock the Mario Kart dlc with them. Although I still have yet to open Villager and Pacman.

bYf6vNQ.png
        Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
        [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
      • pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular

During EVO, I would try to simulate the fights on stream by having the appropriate two amiibo fight
        by holding one in each hand and slamming them together.
        Does that count?

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
        Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
        G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
      • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
        I have used them for the Mario Kart outfits, which are pretty cute, and the Splatoon stuff. Other than that they are mostly just decent quality desk-filler, which is all I really want from them.

I did end up grabbing a cheap Zelda so that I could assemble some sort of Princess Action Team:

DSCN0137_zpsegdh2g8b.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the thick gold paint they use though, in small areas it's fine, but Zelda's shoulder pads looked particularly gaudy so I slapped some quick paint on them to tone them down, a little rough but it looks fine from a distance.
        DSCN0138_zpsvofydl5b.jpg

Riokenn
        I really never could figure out why pre painted figures had tons of paint on them
        This really came to mind back when I played Mage Knight for a few months and bought the metal minis of those dragons

This discussion has been closed.