As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Amiibo] Chasing the Plastic Unicorn

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Do you guys use the amiibos for their intended purpose, like, train them up in Smash Bros?

I've used the shit out of them in Hyrule Warriors.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    BrainleechFleur de Alys
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Do you guys use the amiibos for their intended purpose, like, train them up in Smash Bros?

Trained up a full power Samus and a perfect speed Pikachu. (That -1 in DEF is taunting me but whatevs)

I just wish I could play AS my amiibo, not with it. :/

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I've tried to use a few Amiibos in Smash, but every time they hit Level 50 they're unstoppable godlike fighters and it's not fun any more.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    It's fun and educational to fight against my amiibos. I see them do techniques and I try to replicate it
    My speedy pikachu taught me doing a Up+A and follows with a Down+B.
    Pretty neat stuff.
    I've also learned to love the C-Stick.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    My kids love to train the amiibos, then watch them fight Godzilla style.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    I have Mario, Luigi, Young Link, and Samus amiibos that I'm confident will be usable for plenty down the road even without owning Smash. The Splatoon trio I bought because I love splatoon and wanted the game content and also wanted to support the IP.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    My kids love to train the amiibos, then watch them fight Godzilla style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKdJ6DnPhzk

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
    Dark Raven XbaudattitudeBrainiac 8darunia106Mx. Quill
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    so guys, I just came back from a 10 day vacation. have all our amiibo supply issues been resolved. Can I go into a store and find dedede and rosalina? have we solved world hunger? can I also go ride a unicorn after work?

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    You might not be able to find amiibos such as those, but they are getting more available, and ebay prices are going down on them.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
    Welcome back! To bring you up to speed...
    July 24th: Palutena will be exclusively available for purchase on amazon.com
    July 31st: Dark Pit will be exclusively avilable for purchase at your nearest Best Buy. (No store/online pre-orders)

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Any news on what time Palutena goes up?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    so guys, I just came back from a 10 day vacation. have all our amiibo supply issues been resolved. Can I go into a store and find dedede and rosalina? have we solved world hunger? can I also go ride a unicorn after work?

Rosalina, maybe. I've even seen her back in stock myself. As far as I know, Dedede hasn't actually been restocked yet, but we have just found out that they have made more Dedede. He was looking like the odd one out for a little bit.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

if you signed up for email notifications through amazon, that info comes out tomorrow. I imagine it will get reposted here.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    And if you're Canadian, Palutena has already gone up and sold out and even though I signed up for email notifications I still haven't gotten an email.

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Derp

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    This is why we can't have nice things. No one will sell them to us.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »

Rosalina, maybe. I've even seen her back in stock myself. As far as I know, Dedede hasn't actually been restocked yet, but we have just found out that they have made more Dedede. He was looking like the odd one out for a little bit.

Gamestop got a restock on Dedede recently, every store got a few it seems. They went out along with the large reship of Ness.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

if you signed up for email notifications through amazon, that info comes out tomorrow. I imagine it will get reposted here.

I signed up for Lucina and Robin and did not get a notice
    I was not the only one nor did I take to twitter and such expressing my outrage unlike other people

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »

I signed up for Lucina and Robin and did not get a notice
    I was not the only one nor did I take to twitter and such expressing my outrage unlike other people

I've never received an email notification from Amazon. I'm convinced the system is broken.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Xavier1216
    I want those amiibo. I would love for a Peach, Toad, and Bowser 8-bit variants.

Then Toad will be forever flipping everyone off on their shelves. :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    Riokenn
    thank god you'll be able to buy both of the 8 bit colour variants on their own eventually.

I mean, in theory.

The book comes in the generic copy of the game?
    I am going to bribe someone to try to get the amiibo copy when it comes out that night

• MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    have we ever seen what the 8-bit miibs look like from the front?

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    have we ever seen what the 8-bit miibs look like from the front?

They used it in the Treehouse stream, it's pretty rough from the wrong angle. Also ginormous.

nvj26a3m1fqb.jpg

There's a reason they always show it from the side.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    AbsoluteZero
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Great! Fuckin' great! So Palutena goes up for sale on amazon at 2PM PDT on friday. Right when I'm at work. Goddamnit. The amiibo that I want the most and it's not gonna happen.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Great! Fuckin' great! So Palutena goes up for sale on amazon at 2PM PDT on friday. Right when I'm at work. Goddamnit. The amiibo that I want the most and it's not gonna happen.

Do you have a smart phone? The Amazon app is what I used to snag Lucina when she was on sale.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

This is why God invented cell phones and bathroom breaks ;)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Neurotika
  • Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    Seeing that amiibo from a corner angle like that really makes me want to play a spiraling level where you traverse a huge, 8-bit Mario. Start at the back foot, up the pants to the front foot, up his sides and back to the back fist, up his arms and face to his front fist, then shoot over to the cap for a boss fight/star/goal. Top it off with a camera pull-back to show the entire level was Mario.

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
    General_Armchair
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Yeah, but I mean I'm going to be working right then. I cant buy it at that time, and it will be sold out long before I get a chance.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular

Do you have a smart phone? The Amazon app is what I used to snag Lucina when she was on sale.
    While I got my copy on the pc, my sister saw it on her phone shortly after my shout of victory. She did not see it on her laptop.

Maybe the phone system is better positioned in the chain of servers for when new products are added to the system and the info trickles down to the rest of their servers?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I don't understand why anybody would want 8-Bit Wrong Colors Mario. It just looks... so... wrong.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Right when I get off work. PERFECT.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    I will be asleep when she goes up but I am indifferent as still my main goal of Amiibos are the Fire Emblem ones

So cool thing happened today. I was returning something to Best Buy and I decided to stop in toys r us just to see on the off chance they have anything new in the amiibo section. Noone around my area ever does because my area has a high population of scalpers.

So I went in and they had all the usual stuff and then on the end, on a random peg, all by himself is a Charizard. I was so happy.

He is probably one of my favorite amiibos. He's just awesome looking. Just Wario to go now for this wave. (I want Lucina and Greninja too but I'm not holding my breath on finding them ever.)

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    Gethpirateluigi
  • LailLail Surrey, B.C.Registered User regular
    My collection (minus Ink Boy who is lent out to my brother). Sorry about the fuzzy picture. The newest three additions are out front. I think I am done for now...unless I happen to find Marth out in the wild. Been looking for him since the beginning. Lucina is doing a good job at filling the void though :)
    bmnwgvr3mai6.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Saw this on a newsletter I get and thought it was so appropriate.

b0gc0qmcs66k.jpg
    I admit I'm an amiibo addict

Artoria on
    PacMan1979Xavier1216
  • borschevskyborschevsky Registered User regular
    For Canadians, Palutena is going up at 2:00 PST on Amazon.ca as well.

This discussion has been closed.