As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Amiibo] Chasing the Plastic Unicorn

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    From the creator of Rick & Morty:
    https://instagram.com/read_instructions_1/

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    RiokennNaphtaliBrainleechfishfishmonkeyhatWorsel96Xavier1216Darth_Mogsdarunia106AbsoluteZero
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I'll be trying to snag a Palutena tonight and my bro is helping me! If we both get 1 will there be anyone on the forums that would want the extra? I can make a list then do a roll!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      Artoria
    • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
      A belated thank you to @cloudeagle, who swapped me a Ness amiibo for a Rosalina amiibo.

SjFlu0gl.jpg

And a super-belated thank you to @-Abel- who just sent me a Meta Knight amiibo gratis, even after I offered to either buy it from him or trade him for something.

x0s5McMl.jpg

FU7kFbw.png
      Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
      PacMan1979ArtoriaMolybdenumBrainiac 8NaphtaliRiokennRockinX
    • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
      Our community is awesome. <3

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
      Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
      PSN - Brainiac_8
      Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
      Add me!
      Lindsay LohanXavier1216NaphtalimxmarksArtoriaWarlock82pirateluigiRockinX
    • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
      The 404's are real!
      Let me in!
      AMAZOOOOOOON!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
      SaraLuna
      So that was basically exactly what happened with Lucina. Listed and sold out within about 10 seconds, I.E. "The time it takes to refresh the page."

FU7kFbw.png
    • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
      order just went through
      good luck everyone

Warlock82
    • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
      edited July 2015
      It's UP! Wam-bam thank you mam.

It was $19 total but whatevs.

Riokenn on
      OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
      Warlock82
    • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
      yep. oh well. so much for the 15 minutes of expected stock.

womp womp.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
      So that was basically exactly what happened with Lucina. Listed and sold out within about 10 seconds, I.E. "The time it takes to refresh the page."

It's up! Now! Got one!

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
      Warlock82Artoria
      She's up. Try ordering through mobile - it worked better for me.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
      cloudeagleArtoria
      And also, thanks @maximumzero for the Rosalina... and the Mario Kart fruit snacks.

Warlock82Artoria
    • PacMan1979PacMan1979 Registered User regular
      Keep Trying after 5 minutes of not going through I finally got mine. Good Luck all.

Warlock82Artoria
    • LailLail Surrey, B.C.Registered User regular
      Order for Palutena went through :)

Warlock82Artoria
    • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
      Got mine. They apparently didn't shut off 1click order on the app thankfully

Warlock82Artoria
      edited July 2015
      Looks like she is still available, you just have to refresh over and over to not get a 404 :) And like I said, mobile worked waaaay better. I had her in my cart on the PC but it just kept spinning at checkout. Mobile went right through no problem.

Warlock82 on
      cloudeagle wrote: »
      And also, thanks @maximumzero for the Rosalina... and the Mario Kart fruit snacks.

:D I like to throw in a little lagniappe with personal packages.

FU7kFbw.png
      cloudeagleWarlock82RiokennBrainiac 8
      Hehe, she seems to STILL be available. Guess they were right about the 15 minutes thing, though you have to fight 404 errors first :P

Artoria
      That or some of the scalpers are giving up. Or Nintendo's finally trying to meet demand. Or both.

ArtoriaRiokenn
      cloudeagle wrote: »

:D I like to throw in a little lagniappe with personal packages.

Great now I have to up my customer service!

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
        I want to get Palutena but I just can't get over those hands.

Nintendo Console Codes
        Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
      • AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
        edited July 2015
        Amazon.ca also has/had Fox in-stock as well if you want to pick up both for free shipping.

Adellios on
      • ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
        Got one! And it's the first Amiibo I really wanted that I was able to buy retail

Good luck to everyone else!

Warlock82PacMan1979
      • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
        Adellios wrote: »
        Amazon.ca also has/had Fox in-stock as well if you want to pick up both for free shipping.

I just picked up both, shocked they're both still available so long after going up. I was super busy today, thought they'd be long gone by the time I got back to look at amazon.ca

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
        Warlock82Artoria
      • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
        My order went through.

I'm skeptical, but it went through.

Warlock82Artoria
      • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
        Palutena looks great but I'm not a big Icarus fan so I couldn't deprive someone who really wanted her.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
        Lindsay Lohan
        Palutena looks great but I'm not a big Icarus fan so I couldn't deprive someone who really wanted her.

You're not very good at capitalism!

AbsoluteZeroMcFlynnwunderbar
        • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
          edited July 2015
          Sigh. And they're sold out. Guess it's an import copy for me. Damn job.

heenato on
          M A G I K A Z A M
          F9Ej1hf.png

AbsoluteZero
        • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
          Was checking out custom amiibo and came across this charming little number

tumblr_nl681laLJO1qls9z5o3_540.jpg

Ah. Erm.... Wow.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
          Chunky spaghetti sauce?

Well, he is Italian.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
          • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
            heenato wrote: »
            Sigh. And they're sold out. Guess it's an import copy for me. Damn job.

I bought an import copy for this very reason. I didn't want to deal with trying my luck with this wave.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
            My bro ended up getting a Palutena, too so I have an extra for you! Because I'm a bored teacher on summer vacation I made a google sheet if you want to partake:

Click here for amiibos

Brainiac 8AbsoluteZeroheenatoSaraLuna
              Opening up a few amiibos today.

t3QgJaal.jpg?1

q8eAGYel.jpg

Opened up the Dream Land trio, who are going to be taking up residence in my Question Mark case until I get a proper display someday.

BGK2WXEl.jpg

Also opened up Link...only to notice a bit of glue that has seemed to have leaked out from the base. Bummer.

juqvKAhl.jpg?2

I tried to scrape a bit of of it off but took some of the gold paint off of the base in the process. Double bummer.

S2k3AcQl.jpg?1

FU7kFbw.png
              fishfishmonkeyhat
            • TayaTaya Registered User regular
              I opened all of my amiibos today that I didn't already have an upopened copy of. All of my boxed doubles are being sold on a local Facebook group for $10-$20. I've already sold DK, Captain Falcon, Mega Man, Toon Link, Bowser, Sheik, and the Splatoon 3-pack. It was silly of me to double my collection in the first place.

I'm keeping a few boxed ones in storage though, not because I think they'll be worth anything, but I know I'll eventually be nostalgic for amiibo in-box and it will be cool to have a few in my permanent collection. I also didn't open Gold Mario or Silver Mario.

edited July 2015
              TimFiji wrote: »
              My bro ended up getting a Palutena, too so I have an extra for you! Because I'm a bored teacher on summer vacation I made a google sheet if you want to partake:

Click here for amiibos

Any more takers!?

Also snagged my Palutena today. Looks nice. You guys and your hand fetishes - they aren't that bad!

TimFiji on
                Debating whether I should get a new Link and sell that one for cheaps or what.

Also, I was tempted to take you up on that Dark Pit, TimFiji, but I don't want to be greedy.

FU7kFbw.png
                Debating whether I should get a new Link and sell that one for cheaps or what.

Also, I was tempted to take you up on that Dark Pit, TimFiji, but I don't want to be greedy.

Dark Pit depends on if I can get one this Friday, but figured I would add it.

This discussion has been closed.