• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Eels coming up inside yer

findin' an entrance where they can

broken image link
  • Options
    HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    Maybe this year I'll work up the nerve and talk to the cute girl I often see on the train to work.
    No I won't.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Don't do it.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    I moved in with my girlfriend two days ago after being together for about 14 months.

It's been alright so far; pretty weird having someone else wandering around your flat all the time with their "stuff" and "habits"

For valentines day I'm planning to pitch the plan of a nice lunch and going to sleep in the mid-afternoon as I will have been working for 12 days straight at that point: Romance!

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    HoA-player wrote: »
    Maybe this year I'll work up the nerve and talk to the cute girl I often see on the train to work.
    No I won't.

do it, you might get a sweater out of it

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    love

is something

that happens

to other people

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Have you seen me watercolors

Yes, suh, thank-ee, suh.

• Options
    Oh, right, not everybody knows about this:

I'm in a serious relationship with real long term potential for the first time in twelve years. All I have to do now is keep her expectations low.

And let's be honest here, that part is already a cakewalk; having pants on and my shirt tucked in when I met her grandparents probably helped too.

• Options
    CliffCliff Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting a star named after my girlfriend.

That way the symbol of our love will burn forever!

Well, for a couple billion years at least.

Assuming it's visible to the naked eye.

And if it... isn't... already long dead...

Anyway the point is, for a measly 150 bucks astronomers and astrologers alike will be forced to refer to that star as Jenny from now on!

I hate to break this to you but I already own all the stars... well actually they are called Cliffs now.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

I'm in a serious relationship with real long term potential for the first time in twelve years. All I have to do now is keep her expectations low.

And let's be honest here, that part is already a cakewalk; having pants on and my shirt tucked in when I met her grandparents probably helped too.

are you sure?

Because maybe now she's expecting you to be able and willing to dress yourself always

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    HoA-player wrote: »
    No I won't.

Look, you never know it could work out.

I met my girlfriend through Tinder.

That is the definition of "stranger things have happened"

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    also met mine on tinder

tinder is pretty great

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    This year I actually remembered that one of the local burlesque troops does a Valentine's Day weekend show. We went in 2012 and it was superhero themed and very cool, but each year since I've just forgotten that they do it.

And the neighborhood brewpub is tapping their seasonal chocolate stout the same day, so we're gonna hit that up afterwords.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm leaving my wife for Left Shark and we're going to run away to the lefternmost(Its a word now) Hawaiian island.

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    what is love
    Love is the exchange of two fantasies and the contact of two skins.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    No idea what Sier and I are doing. Probably just something quiet.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    For valentine's day itself I won't be doing anything, as I'll be ~3,000 miles from my girlfriend. The day before valentine's monster hunter 4 u comes out and I should have that day off of work so I'll probably just play a ton of that.

I had flowers delivered to her place a couple months back for our two year anniversary, but that was pretty pricey and I'm trying to save up money for visiting her so I probably won't pull that stunt again. I should send her a card in the mail though, I think. I guess I could do an e-card to make sure it shows up on the right day? But that doesn't seem as nice.

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

are you sure?

Because maybe now she's expecting you to be able and willing to dress yourself always

Dressing myself is already a low expectation.

Dressing myself well on the other hand ....

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Late late on saturday I was walking with B on the way from the bar to an afterparty

I offered some help with something along the way and she said "ah, I love you, thanks" and then she went like shit and had to correct herself to saying she just likes me, not loves me

and that sums up my love life

(it's not actually as grim as this makes it sound. Mostly it's just that well, "It's complicated" is a relationship status on facebook for a reason.)

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options

are you sure?

Dressing myself is already a low expectation.

Dressing myself well on the other hand ....

I dunno man

it all starts with her expecting you to wear pants most of the time

it's all downhill from there

suddenly you find yourself in a buttoned shirt and khakis, reading the financial times, on a sunday morning

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    My girlfriend and I met and dated while I was a teacher so my clothing standards are dress shirt, tie, blazer, nice slacks, argyle socks....

I'm fucked.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    For valentine's day itself I won't be doing anything, as I'll be ~3,000 miles from my girlfriend. The day before valentine's monster hunter 4 u comes out and I should have that day off of work so I'll probably just play a ton of that.

I had flowers delivered to her place a couple months back for our two year anniversary, but that was pretty pricey and I'm trying to save up money for visiting her so I probably won't pull that stunt again. I should send her a card in the mail though, I think. I guess I could do an e-card to make sure it shows up on the right day? But that doesn't seem as nice.

any neighbours and friends of hers you could team up with?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

any neighbours and friends of hers you could team up with?

Her sister! Good thinking Abdh!

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I moved in with my girlfriend last month and on valentine's, which is more or less technically our anniversary we are going to the Melting Pot
    where I'm going to give her this ring I bought I guess

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    I moved in with my girlfriend last month and on valentine's, which is more or less technically our anniversary we are going to the Melting Pot

Put it a pot of boiling hot cheese and see how much she really wants it.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular

I already said it in SA but congratulations, that is so awesome!

Be sure and tell the lady that my deal of breaking both her legs if she breaks your heart still stands though.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    I got married in August and it's p cool. We're going to Japan in 5 weeks for our honeymoon.

On valentines day this year I'll be

at the dentist probably getting a filling.

Congratulations!

Where in Japan!

Question mark!

@sarukun my wife is in charge of the itinerary as she has been there a bunch of times. Lived there for a year in highschool, has a bunch of friends in different cities and can speak and read Japanese.

I know we're starting in Tokyo, but getting a rail pass and going to Takayama, Nagoya, Osaka, Nara and probably a few day trips here and there. Kyoto probably and wherever else we feel like.

I have nothing more to add, these are literally all of the places I give a damn about. Your trip sounds like it's gonna rock face and I am super jelly, have a fan-fucking-tasted time.

If you can make it to Hiroshima give that a whirl (I never did, but their okonomiyaki is super good), and if you for some reason have tons of time can try to get out to Izumo Taisha: it's famous enough to have a wikipedia article, so you can scope that out for details, but it's way out on the easternmost tip of Honshu, so I doubt you'll have enough time.

So fuckin' jelly, man, you got no idea. :3

• Options
    Can confirm Hiroshima having delicious okonomiyaki.

If you do end up in that neck of Japan than Miyajima is 100% worth the visit.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Oh, fuck, Inuyama! You're gonna be right there anyway, you should stop at Inuyama. Oldest remaining original Japanese castle, and the town is rad.

It's like an hour tops outside of Nagoya.

Well, maybe an hour and change, but great for a day trip near Nagoya.

sarukun on
  • Options

Listening to her profess her love while slightly tipsy was damn near the highlight of that Saturday evening for me.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    2721735-esbr.jpg

Just in case you wanted the nerdiest AND dumbest card possible. GB has 10 variations on this.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »

I already said it in SA but congratulations, that is so awesome!

Be sure and tell the lady that my deal of breaking both her legs if she breaks your heart still stands though.

hahaha, I'll just subtly insert it into the dinner conversation!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    For the first time in 11 years I have to come up with something to do for Valentine's and I'm at a loss.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Deep-sea bass fishing.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Years ago I bought a box of Jason from the Power Rangers valentines. I've given a few of them out but I think I've gotten rid of them since. Which is a shame.

sig.gif
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Deep-sea bass fishing.

Not the fish, you row out to where a cargo ship sank carrying musical instruments

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Valentine's Day is

pretty

dumb

we should revive the old traditions. Use valentine's day to cut off someones head.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i volunteer

EzUAYcn.png
This discussion has been closed.