Options

No..."wuv," with an Earth W!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I've only got a grandma left, and she had a scare the other day. She's been living with my aunt, and she had trouble standing up, or she might have passed out? Anyways, she instructed my aunt to take the money out of her purse because she was pretty sure she was checking out, and my aunt should have the money. Then, she went to the doctor, got an all clear, and like, two days later, she goes to my aunt and says "yeah, I'd like that money back"

She's in her 80s and I think she has at least two siblings left and she had brain surgery like, two years ago. She's pretty goddamned tough

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    All my hands are dead.

If you don't mind me asking

how did they die?

neglect.

Don't let him fool you, it was because of rampant krocodile use.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Don't let ol' Nicholas fool you

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I think I'd like to date.

But then I remember that I can barely keep from screaming at my own image in the mirror anymore.

I wouldn't be a fun date.

It sounds cliche, but I really do think its best to be happy with yourself and realise your own self worth before you find someone, to know you're deserving of someone who's good and not just the first person who comes along and not settle. Find someone as good as you.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Valentine's Day is amongst my favourite holidays/observances in February.

PANCAKE DAY!!!

You mean Mardi Gras! Which we have decorated our home for this year, even though it isn't really celebrated up here.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited February 2015

But then I remember that I can barely keep from screaming at my own image in the mirror anymore.

It sounds cliche, but I really do think its best to be happy with yourself and realise your own self worth before you find someone, to know you're deserving of someone who's good and not just the first person who comes along and not settle. Find someone as good as you.

Eh well, I mean.

Yeah that's kinda my point.

Nothing I can do about it, I can't change who I am at this point, and I certainly can't change my stupid ugly face.

Eventually I'll just have to accept being like this.

SORRY I mean love is great and valentines day is totally not the worst thing.

Uriel on
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    I am at 19 months with the woman I am pretty positive I am gonna marry. We argue a lot, but as a result talk more openly and freely than any other relationship I have ever been in. This morning we talked about sex and she wondered aloud about what our dynamic would be if we were hetero, and how she would get made fun of as a short dude with a tall girlfriend. We talk about how melancholy the knowledge that she can't get me pregnant makes us both. The only thing I am ever scared of is that I am going to get selfish and navel-gaze and hurt her somehow.

I am gonna marry her and foster so many children.

• Options

Eh well, I mean.

Nothing I can do about it, I can't change who I am at this point, and I certainly can't change my stupid ugly face.

Mate

I'm not saying you should change who you are or your face, I don't know how the heck you got that from what I said.

I'm just saying I think you need to see your own value a bit more and the positives about yourself as you were knocking yourself.

I wasn't trying to make you cross or anything.

• Options
    edited February 2015

Eh well, I mean.

Mate

I'm not saying you should change who you are or your face, I don't know how the heck you got that from what I said.

I'm just saying I think you need to see your own value a bit more and the positives about yourself as you were knocking yourself.

I'm not cross with you liiya, you're just being nice and I didn't mean to come across that way.

That's just what my brain does when someone tries to be encouraging to me. Because in my mind I'm literally history's greatest monster.

Uriel on
  • Options
    Okie dokie then.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I just got accepted into McGill University, into their Masters program for teaching English as a second language in Quebec.

Which means me moving up there and living with my girlfriend there is now very, very real.

I am super excited but also kind of freaking out!

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular

Eh well, I mean.

Mate

I'm not cross with you liiya, you're just being nice and I didn't mean to come across that way.

That's just what my brain does when someone tries to be encouraging to me. Because in my mind I'm literally history's greatest monster.

As someone with massive image dysphoria and crippling self image issues I can tell you that dayi nnnngh and being with someone helps immensely with how you feel about your self image and worth. At least it helps me.

• Options
    Want to know what I'm in love with? The works of The Twelves and this song right now, oh my god its sooooooooooooo good!

http://youtu.be/JqjNz-GBFJk

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I just got accepted into McGill University, into their Masters program for teaching English as a second language in Quebec.

Which means me moving up there and living with my girlfriend there is now very, very real.

Congrats man! A guy I know moved to Montreal recently and says it's a perfectly acceptable place to live!

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    My wife and I are doing what everyone with a 9 month old does on Valentine's day. Having a pizza and going to bed early.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

Eh well, I mean.

Mate

Maybe go to a doctor

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah I mean come on, Pol Pot and Pinochet are right there.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

Definitely liveblog your first winter up here. Your tears will feed me.

sig.gif
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    i don't even have to click play to know what it is anymore

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

It will be interesting for sure, it will certainly be colder out of doors than it was where I was in Japan.

However, I'm told I won't have to worry about things like unsalted unploughed roads, my olive oil and toilet bowl water freezing overnight in my apartment, and the like.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    gf has to work on valentine's day so look like i......

AM GONNA GET WASTED WOOOOOOO

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

It will be interesting for sure, it will certainly be colder out of doors than it was where I was in Japan.

However, I'm told I won't have to worry about things like unsalted unploughed roads, my olive oil and toilet bowl water freezing overnight in my apartment, and the like.

Well right now the city has had to apologize for not de-icing the streets fast enough after we got an ice rain storm in early January.

But yeah the plowing is generally done about a week after the storm.

Of course at this time of year it's just snowing constantly so there's no real "after the storm".

sig.gif
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    gf has to work on valentine's day so look like i......

AM GONNA GET WASTED WOOOOOOO

crewth I know a place you can get wasted but it's going to be a bit of a walk and also you're gonna need a passport (it's at the brewfest)

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    well i've got two legs and my passport dont expire til 2017 so bring on the brews

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »
    well i've got two legs

... shit tito sorry meant to tell you before now but

• Options
    Had to take one of your legs. Unavoidable. Totally pay you back eventually though.

• Options
    well...which leg

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
  • Options
    goddammit nic that's the best one

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    #pipe wrote: »

Eh well, I mean.

Mate

Maybe go to a doctor

Sorry for being a bummer. Winter has been getting to me more than I've noticed and I should know better than to take it out on other people like that.

I need to go do something self affirming for a while. Try to build myself up before I lose my grip and go off like that again.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    maii wiiiife and i are planning on moving to the denver/boulder area of CO to be nearer to some family in August or so, and to ideally be somewhere where owning a house is not too crazy a dream

also i've been writing some lil acoustic songs and convinced her to sing with me for them so that's been fun, having her be a part of me ol' music-making which i do so enjoy

hit me up when you get here! we can do some colorado things

like...drive subarus and wear shirts with the state flag

And hit up silent raves, and subsist entirely off kale smoothies and craft beer

I've actually been surviving solely on a steady diet of left hand nitro milk stout and kale chips since I moved here

I know these words but

Left Hand nitro milk stout is just the nickname for my valentines plans, sigh

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Well right now the city has had to apologize for not de-icing the streets fast enough after we got an ice rain storm in early January.

But yeah the plowing is generally done about a week after the storm.

Of course at this time of year it's just snowing constantly so there's no real "after the storm".

Whenever Google or Tesla or whoever perfect the whole self-driving vehicle thing, someone needs to make a snow-removal roomba.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I feel like if I went to live in Montreal I would want to eat out all the time because the food in that city is great.

And then I would have no money left and starve.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

This is great news, dude! I'm really happy for you.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Eh well, I mean.

Mate

Maybe go to a doctor

Sorry for being a bummer. Winter has been getting to me more than I've noticed and I should know better than to take it out on other people like that.

I need to go do something self affirming for a while. Try to build myself up before I lose my grip and go off like that again.

i don't think he said that to make you feel bad

ain't no need to censor yourself for our sakes

but if that's really how you see yourself and it's causing you serious problems, talking to someone about it who's qualified to help you figure out how to deal with it would be a good way to go

ain't no reason doctors gotta be limited to physical problems

• Options
    CliffCliff Registered User regular
    oh shit shrove Tuesday is on Day of Wrestling

how am I gonna fit in pancake wrestling???

Problem solved.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Tam wrote: »
    I think I want a relationship
    But I am not in a place where I could manage either
    Very little time and resources, not living on my own, brain spiders, etc.

Do what I did:

Hang out and be chill with a friend until they say, "I'm seeing someone new."

And when you ask who that might be, they start making out with you.

I'm not looking forward to the conversation I will eventually have with her ex, but it has been worth every ounce of pissed-off he will get.

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    I don't have any friends near me right now either

This discussion has been closed.