As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Arrow-Verse: DC on TV (and Legends of Tomorrow)

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Iris was never the worst. she wasn't good, but she was never a terrible combination of bad/stupid plot lines and aggressively terrible acting.

• Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    Iris was and still is the blurst......

My head canon has her written in as one of Darkseid's minion's that is undercover, destroying Barry's self-esteem.

thats right......come at me!

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Iris was never the worst. she wasn't good, but she was never a terrible combination of bad/stupid plot lines and aggressively terrible acting.

She is becoming better but the " No, I will be the Barry's Speedforce anchor" was a bit too much.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    S1 Iris was the worst on The Flash. S2 Iris probably isn't the worst, that's either Jay or Wally, but she's in the bottom half.

sig.gif
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Nothing.
    He walks out, says you sent me Mr. Rory, if you get on that ship you all die. I'm Rex Tyler, Justice Society of America. End.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So the fact that
    Hourman showed up out of nowhere and basically said "JSA for season 2 Yo!" has me so excited I can't even express it. This should immediately make for a better season 2.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Sorce wrote: »
    S1 Iris was the worst on The Flash. S2 Iris probably isn't the worst, that's either Jay or Wally, but she's in the bottom half.

Nah, she's ok this season. Didn't give her enough to do, but she did great with what she had. Now if someone can do this for Caitlin in season 3 I'd appreciate it.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

Nah, she's ok this season. Didn't give her enough to do, but she did great with what she had. Now if someone can do this for Caitlin in season 3 I'd appreciate it.

Like the time she went off and tried to play gotcha journalism with that random thug for Wally!

Or the skeeviness with her boss?

Because that's all I really remember her doing this season outside the recent "I am the rock of your speedforce" or whatever crap.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Like the time she went off and tried to play gotcha journalism with that random thug for Wally!

Or the skeeviness with her boss?

Because that's all I really remember her doing this season outside the recent "I am the rock of your speedforce" or whatever crap.

#1 - Lois Lane pulls that stuff all the time, so that's nothing out of the ordinary.

#2 - It was a bad idea from the start, but it's a bad decision many make in the world, and unlike many of those, she thought better of it and stopped it before it started. So that was a rather human thing, and by no means makes her the worst.

Iris has been pretty good this season.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    This is the same Iris that considered dating her boss and suddenly changed her feelings for Barry, right?

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

I didn't think Jay was bad. I didn't think Zoom was bad.

It was when they decided to combine them that everything went tits up.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I'd say it went titsier up at that point. But that was the pretty much unredeemable point, yeah.

I STILL don't understand why they (the writers and the characters) think Zoom and Jay have the same memories re: Snow.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    I'd say it went titsier up at that point. But that was the pretty much unredeemable point, yeah.

I STILL don't understand why they (the writers and the characters) think Zoom and Jay have the same memories re: Snow.

Maybe they were pulling The Prestige-style stuff.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    This is the same Iris that considered dating her boss and suddenly changed her feelings for Barry, right?

Which tells you how bad she was in season 1.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Maybe I'm being really thick here, but why wouldn't Zoom and Jay have the same memories about literally everything? Dumb as it is, they're the same dude.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Because Jay was pulled out from a prior timeline. Unless those memories he makes just automatically download to Zoom's brain it's not something that would have ever actually happened to Zoom, and if his memories do just update with the new experiences that Jay has, it would stand to reason he would have ceased to exist the second he killed them.

That's my understanding of it anyway, in truth I hate all things time travel due to how complicated it always ends up making everything. I kinda really wish it wasn't one of Flash's abilities or have ever been introduced in this show.

Edit: I realize the irony of saying that in the Legends thread, but let's be real, they did nothing but fuck with the timeline and it had no negative repercussions.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Okay I was being super thick. Or purposefully forgot the time travel remnant bullshit because it's dumb. Thanks.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    We know the Jay he killed was a time-remnant-whatever, but that doesn't mean he was one for the entire time.
    Far as I remember, that was the only time we saw them together, so it could have been him just changing costumes the rest of the time.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    We are dealing with time travel, alternate universes, AND the Speedforce.

None of this was ever going to make sense.

And if it doesn't make sense, you must acquit!

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Next season on Legends:
    They try to fix what Barry messed up.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Next season on Legends:
    They try to fix what Barry messed up.
    Before or after they fix what they messed up?

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    About the Flash finale's last scene.
    There's at least 3 Barries in that room right and 4 next season.
    Closet Barry from season 1
    Mom saving Barry from season 2
    Barry waving Closet Barry to not act
    And Season 3 Barry stopping Season 2 Barry from saving his mom. Unless Season 3 Barry stops both S1 and S2 Barry.

Ravelle on
    D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    Ravelle wrote: »
    And Season 3 Barry stopping Season 2 Barry from saving his mom. Unless Season 3 Barry stops both S1 and S2 Barry.

Just 3

Future Barry who saves his childhood self from RF and waves at closet Barry telling him not to interfere

Season 2 Barry who is mad as hell and isn't going to take this anymore.

• Options

Just 3

Future Barry who saves his childhood self from RF and waves at closet Barry telling him not to interfere

I just wish:
    Legends would make a reference to the Time Wraiths and why they appear or don't appear as it's so random right now. Barry grabs a Time Remnant and two appear. He stops his mother from dying and nothing.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

Just 3

I just wish:
    Legends would make a reference to the Time Wraiths and why they appear or don't appear as it's so random right now. Barry grabs a Time Remnant and two appear. He stops his mother from dying and nothing.

Flash Finale spoiler
    Zoom did call them something like "Speed Force's enforcers" and considering how they look, maybe they exclusively deal with speed force related time fuckery.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    Yeah, time wraiths are a speed force thing. Time Masters don't use the speed force to time travel.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

Just 3

I just wish:

Flash Finale spoiler
    Zoom did call them something like "Speed Force's enforcers" and considering how they look, maybe they exclusively deal with speed force related time fuckery.

Also
    The Time Wraiths look like Flash-model Dementors, and Zoom was clearly turning zombie-ish when they grabbed him, so the implication is that speedsters become Time Wraiths when they are caught doing too much timefuckery. It would follow that they're only interested in grabbing new speedsters to join their ranks.

• Options

Just 3

I just wish:

Flash Finale spoiler

Also
    The Time Wraiths look like Flash-model Dementors, and Zoom was clearly turning zombie-ish when they grabbed him, so the implication is that speedsters become Time Wraiths when they are caught doing too much timefuckery. It would follow that they're only interested in grabbing new speedsters to join their ranks.
    Flash S2 finale spoiles
    Zoom's transformation makes him look like the Black Racer from the comics.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    jdarksun wrote: »

Just 3

I just wish:

Flash Finale spoiler

Also
    Flash S2 finale spoiles
    Zoom's transformation makes him look like the Black Racer from the comics.

Black Flash != Black Racer
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Flash_(New_Earth)
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Racer

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Next season on Arrow, Oliver learns about locking the god damned door to his superhero hideout.

• Options
    From Variety regarding next season:
    What do you think the repercussions of the finale will be, going into next season?

The palette is wide open. The thing they love to do at the end of the season is they introduce so many different elements that could go in so many different directions. For me, personally, as an actor, Henry Allen was rather closed-ended, he was there for a purpose, he served his purpose, it was time for him to die. The fact that I’m now getting to morph into an entirely different character that is so important to the Justice Society of America, which also bleeds into “Legends of Tomorrow,” he’s such an important character to this whole world – it just opens up enormous possibilities for me as an actor going forward, and the challenge for me, having played Henry, is that I now get to create an entirely different character going forward. And how that affects Barry – because Barry’s going to want to lean on this guy who looks just like his father but is not his father – that can create a whole bunch of psychological conflict too. I’m as excited as you are to see how all of this will play out.

• Options
    Well I forced myself to finish watching Legends.
    I actually skipped episode 14 and just read spoilers from this thread. I didn't even want to watch another episode wholly devoted to the team being stupid and accomplishing nothing. So I watched the last two episodes. It was pretty meh, all things considered. It's hard to feel sad about Snart dying because being on Legends is like some sort of slow torturous death and it feels like he got off lightly compared to the others. I'm glad they didn't try to lay heavy feels on the Hawks leaving because seriously who fucking cares. Buh-bye. The whole reveal that everything the team was doing was actually just what the Time Masters were manipulating them to do all along felt like pure post hoc justification. Like the writers suddenly realized that the heroes have been spinning their wheels and accomplishing absolutely jack shit for the entire season and decided to make that the bad guys super secret evil plan all along. At least Savage is dead.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    The whole reveal that everything the team was doing was actually just what the Time Masters were manipulating them to do all along felt like pure post hoc justification. Like the writers suddenly realized that the heroes have been spinning their wheels and accomplishing absolutely jack shit for the entire season and decided to make that the bad guys super secret evil plan all along. At least Savage is dead. [/spoiler]

Nah, they knew what was going to happen, that's why they kept sending teams to their deaths, and trained a guy to be an elite Time Master soldier specifically to immediately betray the Time Masters. All in order to... get them to bring Savage to them so they could give him the technology he needs and let him go off and immediately blow up time, all so that they could save a specific timeline, that's about to be blown up.

It all makes perfect sense.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Technically he didn't come up with his plan to blow up time until after the Oculus was destroyed and he found out he was unmoored from the Time Masters machinations. Up until that point he was actually planning to fight the future aliens.

However, the rest of what you said holds. If this was all actually the Time Masters plans all along, their plan kind of sucked ass.

• Options
    From Variety regarding next season:
    What do you think the repercussions of the finale will be, going into next season?

The palette is wide open. The thing they love to do at the end of the season is they introduce so many different elements that could go in so many different directions. For me, personally, as an actor, Henry Allen was rather closed-ended, he was there for a purpose, he served his purpose, it was time for him to die. The fact that I’m now getting to morph into an entirely different character that is so important to the Justice Society of America, which also bleeds into “Legends of Tomorrow,” he’s such an important character to this whole world – it just opens up enormous possibilities for me as an actor going forward, and the challenge for me, having played Henry, is that I now get to create an entirely different character going forward. And how that affects Barry – because Barry’s going to want to lean on this guy who looks just like his father but is not his father – that can create a whole bunch of psychological conflict too. I’m as excited as you are to see how all of this will play out.
    70/30 chance he's going to be secretly evil.

• Options
    New person added to cast:
    Vixen. But not the Vixen from Arrow or the Animated Series.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    New person added to cast:
    Vixen. But not the Vixen from Arrow or the Animated Series.

That is a cool idea.
    I watched the first animated Vixen and it's pretty clear that the role is a hereditary title based on her family's village in Africa, so they can just pull another defender of the village from the timeline. Of course, they'll need Cisco to guest star to re-name her Vixen again.

I like that they're not just re-casting the role, so the original actress can show up again when time allows. Great that her career is taking off, too.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    So I guess we're going to be seeing more Malcolm Merlyn... across all DCTV shows

Arrow's John Barrowman Now a Series Regular Across All CW/DC Shows
    Malcolm Merlyn is going to be making all kinds of fresh mischief in all kinds of places (and times?), as the result of Arrow vet John Barrowman‘s new deal.

TVLine has learned exclusively that akin to the groundbreaking contract that Wentworth Miller segued into at the end of his single-season Legends of Tomorrow run, Barrowman will continue to appear on Arrow and maintain series regular status — but across all of the superhero shows executive-produced by Greg Berlanti, including The Flash and Legends.

“What it really emulates to us is the comic books themselves, where there really are a cast of characters,” Berlanti said in May, when Miller’s own deal was announced. “In success, we hope to continue with other characters finding their way across all the shows.”

Barrowman recurred on Arrow‘s first two seasons, including as Oliver’s primary Season 1 adversary, then was promoted to series regular starting with Season 3. During Season 4, he also appeared on The Flash (during the crossover that teed up the DC’s Legends of Tomorrow spinoff) and had a short arc on The CW’s Reign (as the Scottish clan leader Munro).

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    There is no such thing as too much John Barrowman.

steam_sig.png