As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Arrow-Verse: DC on TV (and Legends of Tomorrow)

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    They are apparently going to possibly have Constantine on this season as well, or they are working hard to try and get him.

Are they grabbing the same actor as the show? That guy really nailed it. I loved how he was always about to light up a cigarette or putting one out, just enough to dodge the smoking ban.

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    I dropped Constantine after a couple episodes because it was watered down and completely failed to capture the heart of what makes Hellblazer awesome.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    I dropped Constantine after a couple episodes because it was watered down and completely failed to capture the heart of what makes Hellblazer awesome.

There were a good number of excellent episodes.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    They are apparently going to possibly have Constantine on this season as well, or they are working hard to try and get him.

Are they grabbing the same actor as the show? That guy really nailed it. I loved how he was always about to light up a cigarette or putting one out, just enough to dodge the smoking ban.

Yeah it would be the same actor if Amell has his way.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Lexi Alexander, who directed Punisher Warzone, is going to be directing an episode of Arrow this season (she thinks #5).

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    But she hates parkour.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    But she hates parkour.
    Roy's gone, though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    So, for those interested the first episode of Vixen's series on CW Seed has been put up on the website. It's not very long (less than 5min, including OP/ED credits) but enough to establish a bit about Mari, and frontload Arrow and Flash's appearances.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQASIzTNHHw&feature=player_embedded

I'm pretty excited for this show and really wish they would just integrate it with the Arrowverse, but I guess the known presence of Superman wouldn't really jive with what the Arrowverse has built.

Either way, as a lover of all things Supes, I'm quite looking forward to this.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Half of Arrow is flashbacks, so they could establish Superman (or just hints of his existence) real easily if they wanted to.

sig.gif
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Half of Arrow is flashbacks, so they could establish Superman (or just hints of his existence) real easily if they wanted to.
    It interrupts the narrative of Flash a bit (with metahumans/supers being a relatively new phenomenon), and it slightly interrupts Supergirl's narrative of "the world doesn't only have one hero anymore."

But I think they should just combine 'em, yeah. What with the Flash dealing with a multiverse this season, there's an easy out right there...

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    jdarksun wrote: »
    It interrupts the narrative of Flash a bit (with metahumans/supers being a relatively new phenomenon), and it slightly interrupts Supergirl's narrative of "the world doesn't only have one hero anymore."

But I think they should just combine 'em, yeah. What with the Flash dealing with a multiverse this season, there's an easy out right there...

OrYeah, they could totally just multiverse handwave this crap.

"Oh look! I found a portal to this place called Central City! Some evil dude I just fought came from there. Wonder if they know anything about him/are responsible for sending him. (second option if you want to add a little conflict to the first meeting)"

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    Eh, Flash and Arrow are new enough (and localized enough) to where Supergirl wouldn't know about them.

I mean, we already know that the Green Lantern Corps exists in the Arrow-verse, but that doesn't mean Hal Jordan will be guesting for a Very Special Episode.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Eh, Flash and Arrow are new enough (and localized enough) to where Supergirl wouldn't know about them.

I mean, we already know that the Green Lantern Corps exists in the Arrow-verse, but that doesn't mean Hal Jordan will be guesting for a Very Special Episode.
    Vixen Ep.103 establishes that Cisco is using Felicity's facial recognition algorithm to "flag any activity that could be metahuman." That's how Flash and Arrow track down Vixen. The same thing would probably pick up a flying blonde girl with a cape.

Also (Vixen spoilers)
    Vixen just fucking runs when she sees them show up, because she assumes that Flash is there to put her in the metahuman prison.

So it's all pretty public knowledge.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    Are all these Vixen episodes gonna be 5-6 minutes long? 'Cause that really sucks. :(

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »

Vixen Ep.103 establishes that Cisco is using Felicity's facial recognition algorithm to "flag any activity that could be metahuman." That's how Flash and Arrow track down Vixen. The same thing would probably pick up a flying blonde girl with a cape.

Also (Vixen spoilers)
    Vixen just fucking runs when she sees them show up, because she assumes that Flash is there to put her in the metahuman prison.

So it's all pretty public knowledge.
    She mentioned that she was in Central City for a while, so she might have learned about Flash's modus operandi from there.

Arrow also has a dark enough rep from the times he was willing to kill that most people who don't know him (and some who do) probably don't see him as a hero either.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I didn't realize Vixen had started! Is that good? It's miniwebisodes right?

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    She outruns the FLASH in the first 30 seconds. Just no. :P

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Yeah, they're like 5 minutes each.

The Good:
    * Vixen is portrayed pretty well
    * Vixen's dad knocks it out of the park
    * Felicity's one line is gold
    * The story is decent

The Bad:
    * Arrow and Flash don't feel right
    * There's lots of repeated content for 5 minute episodes
    * It's already over and the story has barely begun

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

The minisode format really hurts it. The pacing is kind of terrible and there are several scenes that really needed to be longer.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    We're counting Supergirl as part of the Arrow-verse, right?

So I was on the Wikipedia page, because I wanted to know when the show was starting up, and I saw something hilarious. Kara is obviously adopted by an Earth family, and the trailer shows her sister. Well, Wiki also lists her adoptive parents.

Spoilered on the off chance anyone doesn't want to know before the reveal.
    Dean Cain and Helen Slater.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options

So I was on the Wikipedia page, because I wanted to know when the show was starting up, and I saw something hilarious. Kara is obviously adopted by an Earth family, and the trailer shows her sister. Well, Wiki also lists her adoptive parents.

That is cute.

Supergirl isn't part of the Arrow-verse, as far as we know.

• Options

They announced them a while back, and yea, I am excited to see them in the part. Lois & Clark is my guilty pleasure when it comes to Superman. It was so corny, but I loved the idea of turning Superman into a RomCom.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I'm very inclined to include Supergirl in this thread since it's by the same creative team and there has been talk about potential cross-overs.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    I'm very inclined to include Supergirl in this thread since it's by the same creative team and there has been talk about potential cross-overs.

Also CBS is a 1/2 owner of The CW while WB owns the other half .

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    Plus with the multi-verse now in full swing in the Arrowverse, Supergirl's universe is easy to explain as one they just haven't run into yet. :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Speaking of the multi-verse, I totally missed the news that they cast Jay Garrick for Flash season 2 and I am EXCITED AS FUCK now. This show has no brakes. Can not stop will not stop.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    ILMTitanILMTitan Registered User regular
    Just finished Vixen, and the last exchange between Flash and Arrow is gold.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Man the mini episode format kinda sucks.

Just stitch four of them together and make a full one, it's like scenes between ads anways

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    It would have been so much better if they had just made an actual episode. The pacing of the mini-sodes was terrible.

It was also kind of dumb that Mari didn't come up with her own superhero name.

• Options
    She came up with her own costume, so that's something.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    So I uh...don't really care for the Dig-neato helmet.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Holy crap!
    Hal Jordan sighting!!

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Holy crap!
    Hal Jordan sighting!!

I think I missed this. Explanation?

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Holy crap!
    Hal Jordan sighting!!

I think I missed this. Explanation?

I think it has to do with the fact one of the flashbacks
    Was in Coast City

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    If that's all it is, someone needs to watch Flash
    Team Flash has a moment at Ferris Airfield, where someone mentions it got shut down after a test pilot went missing.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Wait no, I found it
    While Waller and Oliver were chatting in the bar in Coast City, a bomber jacket with Jordan on the name tag is seen.
    9gbTlXt.jpg

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Is this where we're talking about the Arrow season premier?
    I really liked it. I think I have liked Neal McDonough in everything I've seen him in so it's pretty great he's on the show. I'm glad that flashbacks are taking Ollie back to Lian Yu. I like how excited Thea is about crimefighting (though I don't think I like the reappearance of brother-sister drama). I'm glad that Laurel and her dad seem to have made up (and that we didn't have to watch them hash it out) and I wonder what they're holding over his head to make him be involved in this. Oh and the fact that they're pointing out that they still don't have a mayor made me hope Ollie will be the mayor by the end of the season.

Also, "Felicity Smoak, you have failed this omelet" :lol: I was never into Olicity, but the happy domestic thing they were doing in the beginning made it more believable for me. I'm not surprised that they're heavily implying they're going to kill her off, though. I was actually surprised they didn't kill her off camera to explain why he was coming back. I think that would have been lazy, so I was happy they didn't do it, and then you get to the end of the episode. They don't reveal who is dead but it doesn't make sense to be anyone else. Because 1. obviously he can't ever be happy, right, he can't be a hero who isn't tortured *rolls eyes* and 2. the writers are still invested in Oliver/Laurel.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Is this where we're talking about the Arrow season premier?
    I really liked it. I think I have liked Neal McDonough in everything I've seen him in so it's pretty great he's on the show. I'm glad that flashbacks are taking Ollie back to Lian Yu. I like how excited Thea is about crimefighting (though I don't think I like the reappearance of brother-sister drama). I'm glad that Laurel and her dad seem to have made up (and that we didn't have to watch them hash it out) and I wonder what they're holding over his head to make him be involved in this. Oh and the fact that they're pointing out that they still don't have a mayor made me hope Ollie will be the mayor by the end of the season.

Also, "Felicity Smoak, you have failed this omelet" :lol: I was never into Olicity, but the happy domestic thing they were doing in the beginning made it more believable for me. I'm not surprised that they're heavily implying they're going to kill her off, though. I was actually surprised they didn't kill her off camera to explain why he was coming back. I think that would have been lazy, so I was happy they didn't do it, and then you get to the end of the episode. They don't reveal who is dead but it doesn't make sense to be anyone else. Because 1. obviously he can't ever be happy, right, he can't be a hero who isn't tortured *rolls eyes* and 2. the writers are still invested in Oliver/Laurel.

Actually, I think you could make a good argument
    For just about anyone in Team Arrow being the name on the tombstone. While Felicity is the most obvious choice, for the obvious reasons (CW, Ollie/Laurel being the OTP in the comics/DCAU, etc.), I could also seem him being that torn up about Thea (who might still be feeling the effects of the Pit) Laurel (Old Flame, plus it would be the most surprising possibility for some of the same reasons Felicity would be the least) Diggle (Friendship finally restored, then lost forever) maybe even Captain Lance (if Ollie found out and turned him double to help against Darhk, and he got killed for it)

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Arrow premiere was really good. I already like Damien Darhk way more than their version of Ra's al Ghul.