As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Inclusive Dialogues: Feminism and Transgender

167891012»

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I think this can be our last thread about trans issues in D&D, because the following two things always happen

1. It becomes about dating, despite the fact that the sheer weight of statistics means that none of the cis people involved are ever going to find that relevant to their lives.
    2. Trans members of our community become increasingly upset at the timbre of the discussion, inevitably (and understandably!) lash out, get infracted and feel even worse.

D&D isn't ready for this topic.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Elaboration:

People want to pick apart the reasons why something is the case. That's understandable, and it is the nature of the forum. I can actually understand the person who says "but that's not a logical answer" because that's what they're there for. They aren't being deliberately mean or covertly transphobic, they want to be able to understand the position as well as possible. But then... you're discussing trans people as hypotheticals. In front of them. Any trans person is going to see that thread, think "oh that sounds interesting" and come out extremely upset. There's nothing that's going to be gained from that debate which I consider worth the obvious horrors that clearly go with it. So the answer, as with anime, is to say "I don't doubt there is value in what you're discussing but you have to go and do it somewhere else".

This discussion has been closed.