As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arrow] Team Arrow Appreciation Thread

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    If his dad was one of the first guys killed Prometheus would have had 4 years to train before this season.

Remember his dad was killed when Oliver was still in his murder spree the Hood role.

And unlike Oliver who lucked into his training, he spent the entire time actively training on how to take vengeance on Oliver specifically. 4 years of being trained by Talia and watching the Arrows every move. His monomania makes him formidable.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    If his dad was one of the first guys killed Prometheus would have had 4 years to train before this season.

Remember his dad was killed when Oliver was still in his murder spree the Hood role.

And unlike Oliver who lucked into his training, he spent the entire time actively training on how to take vengeance on Oliver specifically. 4 years of being trained by Talia and watching the Arrows every move. His monomania makes him formidable.

He stalked Oliver for three years, and then found Talia after Ra's died. She started teaching him then for vengeance. One year.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Who is not to say that he didn't train in the preceding 3 years?

It might not be assassins training, but probably was intense.

Also know your enemy is rule one and a pretty hefty advantage. Look at all the problems Team Arrow has just figuring out who Prometheus is and then what his current identity is. That is 1/2 of the Season right there.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Oliver also beats him in a straight up fight, it's because of other things that Ollie loses.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    He likely developed his obsession over the course of the first season, and by the start of season 2 was actively stalking/tracking the Arrow, and probably self-training. By the end of season 3 I'm sure he realized it was Oliver, and began training even more, as well as following and stalking both Oliver and the Arrow. By season 4 he's probably working in Star City's legal offices, likely positioning himself for the resources to turn the city against the Arrow. Oliver actually becoming mayor was probably not something he immediately expected, and he likely maneuvered to get so close to the mayor's office over the course of the events of season 4. By the start of season 5, when he literally has Oliver within arms' length, he decides to spring his trap.

Obviously the training with Talia was probably a happy coincidence, she probably only accepted his offer because it served her own ends.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Anyone get this vibe from the end?
    15538545.gif

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Now even I'm getting tired of Prometheus' overcompetence.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Not me, I'm loving that we have a villain that has all contingencies planned for. Personally Prometheus is up there with the best villains in the Arrowverse.

1. Captain Cold
    2. Thawn
    3. Deathstroke
    4. Merlyn
    5. Prometheus
    1,000,000. Vandal Savage

That order.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    Where's Artemis during all this? Did they realize that she makes absolutely no sense and that she's a terrible character. She betrayed Oliver because he's a murder which I guess on it's own is fine. Even though he killed bad guys, someone might not like that and believe they are taking a moral high ground. But she betrays him for Prometheus who was not only murdering people, he was murdering innocent people with some connection to the bad people Oliver killed. Maybe she thought it was the only way to stop Oliver and once Prometheus did so he would stop killing people. Now there was a plan by Prometheus to kill everyone in the city (a more heinous version of a plan by the guy who was originally killed and set this whole thing off) and I guess she's going along with it?

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    LeTwigLeTwig Registered User regular
    What happened to Vigilante? I feel like I missed something.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Vigilante and Arrow are on a break. They've decided to see other opponents.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    LeTwig wrote: »
    What happened to Vigilante? I feel like I missed something.

Vigilante 76 rage AFKed after getting Genjied by Prometheus.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    This season we find out that Vigilante was the real villain inside you all along!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

I wouldn't say I have a badguy. I'm fighting a few different people.
    I like to fight around.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

I wouldn't say I have a badguy. I'm fighting a few different people.
    I like to fight around.

I'm a little commitment-phobic. I don't like the idea that a particular villain can count on me to foil schemes.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Noizlanif wrote: »
    This season we find out that Vigilante was the real villain inside you all along!

The real Vigilante was the friends we made along the way!

• Options
    LeTwigLeTwig Registered User regular
    I am so glad I asked. Those responses are the best.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I just had a crazy thought after tonight's episode.

Reason as to why we haven't seen Vigilante again after his confrontation with Prometheus

Crazy speculative spoilers
    It's actually a double twist, we thought chase was vigilante, turns out he was actually Prometheous. The finale will end on Vigilante reveal that he is actually Tommy Merlyn.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    There is one fan theory about Vigilante that has some credit with me.
    Vigilante is the Police Chief, since they both disappeared from the show at the same time.

sig.gif
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    There is one fan theory about Vigilante that has some credit with me.
    Vigilante is the Police Chief, since they both disappeared from the show at the same time.
    Him and the Police Chief from Central City went to a Police Chief conference and both haven't been seen since.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Oh yeah!
    Crixus, the Undefeated Gaul in the hiz-ouse!

Some shit is about to happen

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    I mean really, it's
    Green Arrow, Merlyn, Deathstroke, Nyssa, and [REDACTED] versus Prometheus, Talia, Black Siren, and Evelyn Sharp.

I feel bad for the bad guys. Almost.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I mean really, it's
    Green Arrow, Merlyn, Deathstroke, Nyssa, and [REDACTED] versus Prometheus, Talia, Black Siren, and Evelyn Sharp.

I assume there will be a Drake Canary versus Black Siren cry off somewhere in that mix too

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I mean really, it's

I love how Ollie's answer to his
    team being taken
    is to
    recruit a bunch of villains, some not even reformed.

I mean, it's not like he has The Flash, Supergirl, and the Legends on speed dial or anything.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    Prometheus is 10 steps ahead, and Oliver doesn't even know what game he's playing.

So his solution should work.

sig.gif
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I mean really, it's

team being taken
    is to

I mean, it's not like he has The Flash, Supergirl, and the Legends on speed dial or anything.
    It does have the happy side effect that if any of the villains on his team get killed, it's not the most tragic outcome.
    Though I'd like a scene with him calling all of them and getting quick reasons why they can't help.
    "Barry? Could you help me with- oh shit, she died? Okay yeah, you should deal with that. Good luck with the revenge, run Barry run and all that, and please try not to change history again. *click, beep beep beep* Kara? It's Oliver from Earth-1, any chance you- another alien invasion? No, I get it, you take care of that. *click,
    beep beep* Sara? Your dad's been taken hostage, could you pencil in a fly-by teleport extraction next time you're passing through the 21st century? What?
    You're foiling the third gunman at the Kennedy assassination? Well, could you just come to this time when- okay okay, no time travel when it's convenient for us, I get it. *click* Man, this time of year everyone gets occupied with their own thing, don't they?"

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    I mean really, it's

Hopefully in the mix is Deathstroke vs. Evelyn. Yeah I really don't like her

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    Dritz wrote: »
    I mean really, it's

That'll be Thea's fight. Anything else would be way too much of a massacre.

I mean, Evelyn fighting Thea should be one-sided as hell too, but they'll have Thea hold back, or Evelyn will have gotten some lessons from,
    Talia or something to bring her up a bit.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Dritz wrote: »
    I mean really, it's

That'll be Thea's fight. Anything else would be way too much of a massacre.

I mean, Evelyn fighting Thea should be one-sided as hell too, but they'll have Thea hold back, or Evelyn will have gotten some lessons from,
    Talia or something to bring her up a bit.
    If Oliver frees his team, Prometheus and friends are outnumbered

Unfounded Speculation
    Likely matchups:
    -Nyssa vs. Talia
    -Drake Canary vs. Black Siren
    -Green Arrow vs. Prometheus

Possible:
    -Wild Dog vs. Artemis (loyalist recruit vs. the traitor recuit)

Unlikely but makes some sense:
    -Hack battle between Felicity (with Curtis?) and Helix girl
    -Spartan vs. Vigilante
    -Deathstroke vs. Malcolm (would betray Oliver to keep Thea alive)
    -If not the above, both re-create the Hospital fight from Hardboiled to save Oliver's kid from Talia's mook army

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Finale
    Contract year?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    I mean really, it's

team being taken
    is to

Team Flash, yeah - everyone else are unreachable to him.

• Options
    I mean really, it's

team being taken
    is to

I thought they had a way to contact the Legends? How did they call them for the invasion crossover?
    And I think Cisco gave Kara a magic doohicky so they could communicate, so if he can contact Team Flash, they could get a message to Supergirl.

• Options
    klemming wrote: »
    I mean really, it's

team being taken
    is to

I thought they had a way to contact the Legends? How did they call them for the invasion crossover?
    And I think Cisco gave Kara a magic doohicky so they could communicate, so if he can contact Team Flash, they could get a message to Supergirl.
    Welp. The writers really should have thought about those implications. :(

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Look I'm just happy we're getting a
    Vaguely reformed Deathstroke

• Options
    Karl wrote: »
    Does this mean we're not getting Joe Manganiello Deathstroke?

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Karl wrote: »
    Does this mean we're not getting Joe Manganiello Deathstroke?

My money is on
    If he survives, Manu Bennett Deathstroke being a one man suicide squad for Argus.

Karl on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    So here is an extended version of Nyssa and Talia's fight scene:

Brutal right?

Kipling217 on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    So I'm just going to lay out my season review here:
    This season got real tiring real fast with the Prometheus storyline. The show has reached into the "Oliver doubts himself" barrel too often, and this was it's most annoying and bizarrely themed adventure with it.

The problem was essentially the central premise - when your villain murders a fuckton of people on screen, then having him pontificate continuously about how Oliver is a killer just isn't that interesting. And what's more, makes Oliver not just fucking killing him, at the numerous points he could have done so, really god damn stupid.

But that's your theme, it's not a bad theme for a superhero show, and it's kind of necessary. But if you're going to run with it, then you need to actually have it validated - there's needs to be a catharsis where it's actually justified. The finale set it up pretty well actually - Oliver declaring he absolutely wasn't going to kill Chase worked in the context of the dead man's switch where Oliver didn't know about it yet - since then the hero's morality has a point (and a decent one - you can't take the murder back).

But then they go and undermine it, as they have done repeatedly this season, by not having that have any advantage whatsoever to the hero (and also, again, powering that primarily with stupidity - how the fuck does Chase have a gun still?). So in the finale of the season, you totally undermine your primary theme.

And all of this becomes a real problem when you have villain's who won't shut the fuck up, but don't really feel like they earn their victories. If you're not going to have a give and take in fortunes in the plot, then the villain better have something interesting to say or the heroes better be a lot more willing to call him on his BS.

EDIT: Basically, the whole season said "Oliver is a killer" while making a really good argument that Oliver should just kill everyone, or let Slade do it.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Stephen Amell did the American Ninja Warrior course:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCzInz6i3jI

Now let's see if they can get Caity Lotz on there.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    So that finale
    it's super obvious that to survive they can just be down in the bunkers/jail cells, since those are built for literal bombardment.
    right?

steam_sig.png