As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arrow] Team Arrow Appreciation Thread

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Slade and Oliver need their own road trip show.

Make it Supernatural, but they hunt down Z-list DC villains and organized crime.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Well then, this episode was a surprising step in the right direction.
    I seriously did not care about Diggle's DRUGS ARE BAD plotline. Like, at all. So I'm super happy that it's all but done now, since he not only has come out to his wife and the team, most-to-all the drugs are destroyed, AND Curtis offered to fix his arm. Still want Canary to take over the team though. Even if she still has a soft spot for Vigilante.

Dragon's intro wasn't bad, and The Slade and Oliver Fun Time Hour was entertaining, if a bit overwrought.

What was Canary holding in her hand at the end there?

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Well then, this episode was a surprising step in the right direction.
    I seriously did not care about Diggle's DRUGS ARE BAD plotline. Like, at all. So I'm super happy that it's all but done now, since he not only has come out to his wife and the team, most-to-all the drugs are destroyed, AND Curtis offered to fix his arm. Still want Canary to take over the team though. Even if she still has a soft spot for Vigilante.

Dragon's intro wasn't bad, and The Slade and Oliver Fun Time Hour was entertaining, if a bit overwrought.

What was Canary holding in her hand at the end there?
    The matchbox thing that Vigilante left for her at the end of the previous episode. Because Dinah's arc this season is Diggle's in S4, I guess?

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    The thing that surprises me the most is that Wild Dog has become one of my favorite characters on the show.

He's the Wesley Wyndam-Pryce of Arrow.
    I wouldn't say he's reached those heights yet, but it's an apt comparison

Uhm Wild Dog is Gunn. Digg is Wesley.

...wait is Digg Cordy?

...Curtis is Lorne.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    And William is Connor. (that checks out, actually)

minor incident on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Catalase wrote: »
    The thing that surprises me the most is that Wild Dog has become one of my favorite characters on the show.

He's the Wesley Wyndam-Pryce of Arrow.
    I wouldn't say he's reached those heights yet, but it's an apt comparison

Uhm Wild Dog is Gunn. Digg is Wesley.

...wait is Digg Cordy?

...Curtis is Lorne.

Entertainment Weekly did this comparison years ago

http://community.ew.com/2015/02/20/comparison-angel-versus-arrow/

It's outdated though since it only goes up to season 3 or 4.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39GP6FxaLVI

Stephen Amell Discusses The Arrow Bruce Wayne Reference

• Options
    And it was a great joke!

I was actually pretty surprised they managed to keep it in, so that's a great story.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Roy Harper is coming back to Arrow
    Colton Haynes is returning to Star City once again, reprising his role as Roy Harper — a.k.a. Arsenal — for an arc beginning with the sixth season’s 15th episode.

“We’re thrilled to announce that Colton Haynes will be reprising his role as Roy Harper for a short arc on ‘Arrow’ this year,” executive producers Marc Guggenheim and Wendy Mericle said in a statement, adding that the reason Roy returns when he does is to “help resolve an urgent matter with high stakes for the team.”

Although his visit will be “short,” it will turning into “something surprising when he reunites with Thea [Willa Holland] and sparks a change in both of their lives that will have long-lasting consequences.”

Haynes first appeared as a recurring star during “Arrow’s” debut season before becoming a series regular for Seasons 2 and 3, training under Oliver (Stephen Amell) to become the Red Arrow and later Arsenal. Roy took the fall as the Hood during the third season when Oliver was being outed as the vigilante — a storyline the show is covering again now in Season 6. He previously returned during the fourth season for a single episode.

Haynes has kept plenty busy since leaving Star City. He recently appeared in “American Horror Story: Cult” and returned to “Teen Wolf” during the show’s final season. His film career has also been growing. He starred opposite Scarlett Johansson and Kate McKinnon in “Rough Night” earlier this year.

“Arrow” returns to the CW on Jan. 18.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I think the Angel comparisons are stretching just a tad. I love Black Driver but he falls far short of the greatness that is Wesley Wyndam Pryce. Same goes for Thea/Fred. Wild Dog/Gunnis a pretty good comparison though. As is William/Connor (hah)

Don’t get me started on Cordy/Felicity though. That one wont hold up in court.

Re the Roy news: he’s totally taking Thea with him isn’t he :/

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Holy shit is this version of Ragman bland and boring. You'd think someone who was at the heart of a nuclear fire that scorched to ash everyone he ever knew might be more complex.

• Options
    Holy shit is this version of Ragman bland and boring. You'd think someone who was at the heart of a nuclear fire that scorched to ash everyone he ever knew might be more complex.
    It's been said that he's only there to absolve Felicity of Havenrock, not actually meaningfully contribute to the story.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I started watching this on Netflix and I'm at season 4 right now. I adore this show.

Arrow and Flash are what I wanted the DCCU to be.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I started last year and I really liked the first two seasons, I loved how actually tortured Oliver was coming back from the Island. The later seasons have shit on a lot of that, showing how much time he spends off the island, the whole Bratva thing was really boring, as was the entire subplot involving finding (season 4)
    Dharke's idol
    on the island, the original concept of him having just survived on the island was more interesting, even throwing in the League of Shadows stuff.

And having just finished season 5 it's becoming a bit of a slog to get through with how often Oliver does actually fail the city. And the reveal of Prometheus' identity, (season 5)
    was a huge letdown and what I've learned is Vigilante's identity sounds like a huge waste as well. The Prometheus thing in particular seems like a last minute thing because that baby picture sure looked African American and I'd swear that was Michael Dorn's voice for Prometheus in mask.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    The voices for masked characters are always a swerve.

(Arrow and Flash spoilers)
    Tony Todd is/was not Zoom, and the dude that played Prometheus also lent VA work to Vigilante, so as to throw viewers off the trail.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    I started last year and I really liked the first two seasons, I loved how actually tortured Oliver was coming back from the Island. The later seasons have shit on a lot of that, showing how much time he spends off the island, the whole Bratva thing was really boring, as was the entire subplot involving finding (season 4)
    Dharke's idol
    on the island, the original concept of him having just survived on the island was more interesting, even throwing in the League of Shadows stuff.

And having just finished season 5 it's becoming a bit of a slog to get through with how often Oliver does actually fail the city. And the reveal of Prometheus' identity, (season 5)
    was a huge letdown and what I've learned is Vigilante's identity sounds like a huge waste as well. The Prometheus thing in particular seems like a last minute thing because that baby picture sure looked African American and I'd swear that was Michael Dorn's voice for Prometheus in mask.
    No one would have expected Worf, now Team Arrow has to find the Enterprise.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    It's been said that he's only there to absolve Felicity of Havenrock, not actually meaningfully contribute to the story.
    Which is a shame cause he could've been far more.

Catalase on
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    TBH I couldn't care less for any of the new characters. They don't seem to have any reason to exist except as a crutch for the writers' room to create random new story lines.

• Options
    I like Canary and I really like Wild Dog, while Curtis is basically Also Felicity which means he doesn't need to be around as much.

Well, assuming Felicity only stayed behind the computer desk, I guess.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Canary is good when she’s not being an emo secret keeper, and remembers she has an attitude and stuff. For all their work on women empowerment in Arrowverse, she sure turned into a hot mess the moment her ex showed up.

Wild Dog is the best and if anyone talks down on Hoss I’ll fight them.

@Sorce pretty much bang on calling Curtis as Also Felicity, except she at least had two seasons of goodwill behind her before she got insufferable. Curtis came in during Arrow’s worst season and somehow wasn’t jettisoned with everything else that didn’t work in season 5.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I wasn't a Wild Dog fan at first but he has definitely grown on me.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    I wasn't a Wild Dog fan at first but he has definitely grown on me.

Yeah he came in pretty awful, but gets an A+ in the character development department.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Not gonna read the entire thread because I'm only on season 4 thus far. Been watching Flash/Arrow alternatively and Just finished Arrow's 11:59 episode and...
    There is no way Laurel Lance stays dead. For one, nobody ever seems to stay dead long on this show. And two, there was that moment where Laurel said something to Oliver but we don't get to hear it. Next thing you know she's crashing. I don't think it was anything important though because there's no way Oliver should go along with a fake out death.

She'll come back for sure. Maybe not as the same person, but she'll be back. I'd be shocked if I'm wrong.

A Flash question as well...
    In the scene where Oliver is at Laurel's grave, Barry shows up. When he leaves, he zips away at super speed. But in the episodes prior, he lost his speed and hadn't regained it. Continuity error or some weird timing difference between the shows? I always assume they run in the same time period.

I did find an online episode order guide and it's usually Flash/Arrow although there was a one-time swap around this point.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    All I'm going to say is, buckle up buttercup.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Ugh. I knew it. Let’s see what silliness they use to explain this one. Hopefully it will be plausible.

Also, can we please put the hero trope of not telling your friends a secret to rest. It’s so pointless and dumb after a while. How many times can we have this conversation:

“Don’t keep secrets from us Oliver.”
    “You’re right guys. I won’t.”
    *withholds info in next episode*

Guess we’d have boring episodes though if everyone was open and honest about everything. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Arrow and Flash both suffer from the secrets and lies silliness that plagued Smallville.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Arrow and Flash both suffer from the secrets and lies silliness that plagued Smallville.

Incidentally, I thought Legends might be coming down with a case of that based on the episode before last. But then, nope, next episode the beans are spilled and everyone involved just kind of shrugs and moves on. It was great.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

Incidentally, I thought Legends might be coming down with a case of that based on the episode before last. But then, nope, next episode the beans are spilled and everyone involved just kind of shrugs and moves on. It was great.

Re: Legend's Secrets
    I loved how Sarah was all "Well, yeah, duh you should kill me. Also, you're gonna need some fucking help."

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »

Re: Legend's Secrets
    I loved how Sarah was all "Well, yeah, duh you should kill me. Also, you're gonna need some fucking help."

Sarah is, objectively, The Best.

• Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    So, I think I am getting close to being done. The entire team vs team arc has been absurd, and this latest episode has just made it infuriating.

The JV squad knowingly caused the city to go bankrupt by refusing to be adults and make a lesser of two evils choice, started the fight in this last episode, then got angry when they lost.

"Oh no, Oliver hurt Rene. Oliver sucks! This is why we hate you!"

RENE WAS SWINGING A FUCKING AXE AT HIM. WITH INTENT.

He's lucky Oliver didn't just end him outright, at that point. Based on past examples.

This writing has gotten beyond terrible. I am really hoping they pull out of it, because if not I think the end may be near.

Btw, that bit about moving him out of the hospital? That's because it's about to shut down because of you idiots, and it won't be able to provide care to anyone. But let's self-involve on this here bench and not worry about it.

All of this is in complete contradiction with who these characters have been until someone decided team vs team was a good idea.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    I'm sure as hell not going to stand up for the writing staff of Arrow, but I will say that Varsity v. JV is not an inherently bad premise.

They just screwed the pooch about every way you can, apparently.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I'm sure as hell not going to stand up for the writing staff of Arrow, but I will say that Varsity v. JV is not an inherently bad premise.

They just screwed the pooch about every way you can, apparently.

Not really an excuse for it, in a world where Young Justice exists.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, it could have been done very well. It isn't the idea so much, it's the execution.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    That said, Rene's little trick was awesome

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    How bad is it that my first thought was "Hey, Roy gained weight?"

I mean, I look like a bowling pin. But Colton Hayes was so facially thin even a few pounds and he looks like a different person.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    I enjoy Black Lightning, but I could do without every white person being a horribly racist character. The ASA agent can hate metas, but they specifically have him say he's going to put a hit on on his "black ass". Gambi isn't racist, but he's still underhanded.

• Options
    I alternate watching Flash and Arrow during my elliptical workout. Started Flash s3 yesterday and Arrow s5 tomorrow. I’m ready for some off-the-wall shit to happen.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I alternate watching Flash and Arrow during my elliptical workout. Started Flash s3 yesterday and Arrow s5 tomorrow. I’m ready for some off-the-wall shit to happen.

Flash season 3 is an experiment in misery. Bail if it gets to be too much.

• Options
    Is there every going to be a season of Flash where the big bad isn't a speedster? 2 for 2 so far and s3 is looking to make it 3 for 3.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Is there every going to be a season of Flash where the big bad isn't a speedster? 2 for 2 so far and s3 is looking to make it 3 for 3.

Season 4 (finally) has your back!