As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Steam] cleared and from the City Skyline you can see Ori out in the forest.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Drake, do you have an opinion on Smugglers V?

I have spent practically zero time with it, so not right now. Sorry Archy.

Drake, this is my dissapoint face.

But it's only a buck! So I'll probably pick it up tonight anyways!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    @Elvenshae Road Not Taken is one of my favorite roguelikes to come around lately. I love Triple Town, but I never expected Spry Fox to come out with a killer puzzle roguelike. Everything about it is just quality. The art, music and writing. The basic gameplay and interaction of game systems and gameplay loops. It's so good.

There's a lot going on, stick with it if it seems simplistic or random at first. As you play it you'll discover more. It has things it wants to show you.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »
    If I only played borderlands 1 to about the point where that chest run town is and the area past it, but generally enjoyed the gameplay, would bl2 be worth checking out?

I never got more than a few hours into BL1.

I adored BL2 and put more than 100 hours into it.

FWIW.

If you enjoyed BL1, I would definitely say yes to BL2. About the only thing that the first game does better is weapon drops. You can get some great stuff randomly in the first game.

The sequel does almost everything better.

That said I'm playing through the first game again because it's been a while and it's still a lot of fun. They're all great :)

Agreed, mostly. BL2 improves on almost every category over BL1 for a first playthrough. The story is better (!!!), the world is more attractive and colorful (while still being Pandora), the guns are more interesting, the shooting is tighter, the writing is flipping fantastic, etc.

I say this as one of Borderlands 1's biggest fans.

BL2 has some real problems in NG+ and beyond. But if you are just going to run through the game once (which is already 30-40 hours of gameplay), you are in for a real treat. <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Hey, Bioshock 2 is back in Steam!

Hey, Minerva's Den is inexplicably not in sale, and thus is twice as much as the base game.

Hey, there's no bundle that includes Minerva's Den.

Hey.

• Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    Finished Ori and The Blind Forest. Fun game!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Huh. So Steam is going to be switching to NZD here. I wonder how much we're going to be screwed on regional pricing now?

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Hey, Bioshock 2 is back in Steam!

Hey, Minerva's Den is inexplicably not in sale, and thus is twice as much as the base game.

Hey, there's no bundle that includes Minerva's Den.

Hey.

That's sad - Minerva's Den is a good source of laser guns and interesting story.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    If I could get Bioshock 1&2+Minerva's Den for $15 or less, I'd be super happy.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »
    Huh. So Steam is going to be switching to NZD here. I wonder how much we're going to be screwed on regional pricing now?

Well, depends. When they switched over to MXN here it was glorious because pricing is lower all across the board (with some exceptions *cough* Capcom new releases *cough* .) The ugly downside was that we got locked to South American Only licenses :(

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

screw-giant.jpg

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    So I'm looking at that 2K sale.

I... I think I won.
    zfwdl6sy5c9z.jpg

I own all the things.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

I... I think I won.
    zfwdl6sy5c9z.jpg

I own all the things.

Bingo?

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

I... I think I won.
    zfwdl6sy5c9z.jpg

I own all the things.

And now we set the timer for seeing how long before the Mafia 2 and Civ 5 squares get accounted for . . .

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Someone will be sending you Mafia II in 3, 2, ...

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    C5C4B8E2223D00CB6D0DFC337B28BE588766B379

Why hello there, new wallpaper!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    And now we set the timer for seeing how long before the Mafia 2 and Civ 5 squares get accounted for . . .

I have Civ V.

I overlooked Mafia 2 somehow.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

When they switched to Canadian it really didn't change much, games showed up as being more expensive, but that pretty much just pushed the difference from my credit card statement to the steam price.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular

I have Civ V.

I overlooked Mafia 2 somehow.

Mafia 2 is so good. I'm not the biggest fan ever of the whole 1950s gangster setting and the game still managed to grab me through the whole thing. Loved the characters and the voice acting, soundtrack is great, competent driving and shooting, great game overall!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    .... and now I own Mafia 2.

Because @HiT BiT.

Thanks! <3<3<3

(monster) <3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Mafia 2, the game with the catch em all playboy pinups.

It's also the best Mafia themed driving simulator I've played.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    My progress down the page:
    I should totally send Pixie Mafia II.
    Oh it got called out. Well..I don't want to be too predictable.
    Ah ha, someone already sent it.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, this is what my sale page looks like:
    canl0qyqkng9.jpg
    The red Xs being things I do have, but it doesn't register I have for a myriad of reasons.

I really don't see anything on there I want, excluding the one thing . . . but I still need to play the second one.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    @Pixelated Pixie hits me with Grow Home. (While I was at work no less.) Thank you!

keyyaeiz94kc.jpg

It is not my birthday, however. My birthday is in an entirely different month.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You should consider the Ace Patrol games - they're really good.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    jclast wrote: »

I kinda really suck bad at flight games, and thus they've never really interested me.

I have enough trouble trying to lead a target when only it is moving . . .

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Mafia 2, the game with the catch em all playboy pinups.

Which, of course, is funny because the game takes place as late as 1951 and Playboy didn't start until '53. Plus, there are several cars based on post-'51 models and many of the songs are inaccurate, too.

And it's still really fun to play. Too bad they weren't about to complete it.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Thanks @CorriganX for the gift of Tales of Maj'Eyal!

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Yeah I like the Ace Patrol games. Interesting little turn based tactical games. Once you mix in the special moves and the better planes, you get some pretty complicated possibilities with the speed and altitude factoring in.

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

I kinda really suck bad at flight games, and thus they've never really interested me.

I have enough trouble trying to lead a target when only it is moving . . .
    They are turn-based tactics games. You are technically flying, and elevation matters, but you won't need a flight stick, and there are no "land on the carrier" from the NES Top Gun scenarios here.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I always did mean to play through Mafia II. But I wanted to try the first Mafia...and I had it for free thanks to getting a free game from the old Direct2Drive before they turned into Gamespy (and then most recently back to D2D). I finally tried it out about 2-3 years ago and it did not age well.

So I loaded up Mafia II, which I got from a Steam sale, and it seemed pretty cool. But then I noticed this weird white-ish texture showing up everywhere. It was really annoying. I looked it up online and apparently this was an issue caused by the most recent ATI drivers. I don't think ATI fixed that problem for at least a year, and by then I didn't feel like diving in. I really should play it before it ends up aging as poorly as its predecessor.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @Kalnaur The Ace Patrol games are board games, not flight sims.

They're very similar to Wings of War or X-Wing Miniatures, if you've ever played that (though much closer to the WoW side of the house).

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    @Kalnaur The Ace Patrol games are board games, not flight sims.

They're very similar to Wings of War or X-Wing Miniatures, if you've ever played that (though much closer to the WoW side of the house).
    They are turn-based tactics games. You are technically flying, and elevation matters, but you won't need a flight stick, and there are no "land on the carrier" from the NES Top Gun scenarios here.

(A) I am better at turn-based tactics.
    (B) I am not familiar with either WoW or X-Wing.
    (C) I was trying to find an excuse so I didn't feel the need to say, "I don't have a way to buy anything right now".
    (D) I've never been much of a "real world war" fan.

But thanks for the note!

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Played Gauntlet tonight. It is really fun actually. I especially like how as you kill bad guys you slowly build up a coin meter toward continuing. So far I'm pretty impressed especially since I got it super cheap.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I remember when the tinfoil hat rumor for a while was that Mafia 2 was going to be way better, but the publisher or whoever demanded they remove awesome features cause they were going to be put into GTAV instead.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Regarding MechWarrior:

MechWarrior 2 needs a) a GOG re-release and b) a proper remake because it's the best mech game ever made. It will get neither because Activision. Boo hiss.

To this day, I still have the soundtrack - which was redbook CD audio! - on my phone and iPod. Seriously one of the best soundtracks in video game history.

MW2: Mercs and MW3 were both great, but MW2 will always have my heart.

EDIT: This has to be unique amongst games: someone actually did a remake OF THE INTRO. And it's rather good, too. (Here's the original classic intro, sadly in low-def-o-vision.)

Jazz on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Jazz wrote: »
    Regarding MechWarrior:

MechWarrior 2 needs a) a GOG re-release and b) a proper remake because it's the best mech game ever made. It will get neither because Activision. Boo hiss.

To this day, I still have the soundtrack - which was redbook CD audio! - on my phone and iPod. Seriously one of the best soundtracks in video game history.

MW2: Mercs and MW3 were both great, but MW2 will always have my heart.

This man speaks what we in the industry call real motherfucking talk.

edit:

yo top mw2 tracks. disagree, idgaf because they're all hot fire so no one's wrong*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX4G1RJYTi8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZXdYKlKPxI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSgpH-0L91Y

*except for Sable Flame's because that song is whack and I always muted it, but nowadays I can appreciate its otherworldly bizareness

Zxerol on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I remember when the tinfoil hat rumor for a while was that Mafia 2 was going to be way better, but the publisher or whoever demanded they remove awesome features cause they were going to be put into GTAV instead.

Well, the gang war versus the Ballas and Vagos was a little bloated in Mafia 2...

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that. Can't remember what it was, now.

Mafia 2 is very good, worth a playthrough. I felt it didn't quite live up to Mafia (which I loved the shit out of), but it was still really good. My main disappointment, and it's a running theme with mafia and crime type games:

pretty big spoilers
    Start out small, work your way up, live the life and make some friends, get near the top, screw it up somehow and lose it all.

Mafia 1 did that too, but, well, why do it again?

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    this current sale is pissing me off.

I have Civ5 GOTY, and I refuse to buy the complete edition and pay all that money for shit I already own, yet the two expansions cost more than the package.

and it just irritates me to such a state that I just refuse to buy anything and refuse to play the damn game.

Steam needs to pick up on what gog does with packages for shits sake.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    @shdwcaster I see a prompt saying you're playing MWO a fair amount these days, do you play with other PA people? How active are we for this game? I dropped it about 6 months after launch after the guild I was in imploded but I wouldn't be adverse to giving it another shake

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.