Options

The Superhero Thread (Trial Pending) [Superheroes]

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Oh jesus.. this preview for next weeks Agent Carter is really... well, just watch it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY4QuaFtqsw

• Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Peter strikes me as more of a "messy" genius than the other heroes that are traditionally considered science geniuses

Like, whereas Reed or Tony could build some super science machine to get the job done, Peter relies more on on the spot ingenuity

Which funnily kinda led to Doc. Oc finding out that he didn't have a single doctor's degree as Superior Spider-Man.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Oh jesus.. this preview for next weeks Agent Carter is really... well, just watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj5ot7zq1wk

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Dubstep, the perfect music for an ad about Cold War spies.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Man, Daredevil hitting in April really mucked up my plans for an MCU rewatch. Do I schedule it in now, or just have it be in addition to the other stuff I'm watching? Do I watch it all in one go, or space it out?

I think this will be my plan, but it has very little room for slop.

April 1st: Captain America: The First Avenger
    April 2nd: Agent Carter Season 1, Episode 1-3
    April 3rd: Agent Carter Season 1, Episodes 4-6
    April 4th: Agent Carter Season 1, Episodes 7-8, Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter
    April 5th: Iron Man
    April 6th: Iron Man 2
    April 7th: The Incredible Hulk, Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant
    April 8th: Marvel One-Shot: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer, Thor
    April 9th: Avengers, Marvel One-Shot: Item 47
    April 10th: Daredevil 1-3
    April 11th: Daredevil 4-6
    April 12th: Daredevil 7-9
    April 13th: Daredevil 10-13
    April 14th: Iron Man 3, Marvel One-Shot: All Hail the King
    April 15th: Agents of SHIELD Season 1, Episodes 1-3
    April 16th: Agents of SHIELD Season 1, Episodes 4-7
    April 17th: Thor: The Dark World
    April 18th: Agents of SHIELD Season 1, Episodes 8-10
    April 19th: Agents of SHIELD Season 1, Episodes 11-13
    April 20th: Agents of SHIELD Season 1, Episodes 14-16
    April 21st: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    April 22nd: Agents of SHIELD Season 1, Episodes 17-19
    April 23rd: Agents of SHIELD Season 1, Episodes 20-22
    April 24th: Guardians of the Galaxy
    April 25th: Agents of SHIELD Season 2, Episodes 1-3
    April 26th: Agents of SHIELD Season 2, Episodes 4-6
    April 27th: Agents of SHIELD Season 2, Episodes 7-9
    April 28th: Agents of SHIELD Season 2, Episodes 10-12
    April 29th: Agents of SHIELD Season 2, Episodes 13-15
    April 30th: Agents of SHIELD Season 2, Episodes 15-19(?)
    May 1st: Avengers: Age of Ultron

Less importance placed on watching the latter half of AoS season 2, since I'll be watching them as they come out too.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj5ot7zq1wk

Thank you, I was just about to post that.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Cassie cage is my new favorite character and her game isn't out yet

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm not even fucking with one-shots, SHIELD, Carter, or Daredevil as part of the rewatch. Just following Carter more or less live, and honestly we may not even touch Daredevil until after AoU, if only because we'll be busy. Then again I think with the schedule we made we'll have a couple of free nights with nothing to watch so maybe? Who knows!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    What if they just say "yeah the Sam Raimi movies are in the MCU now too" and now they can start with Miles and JK Simmons

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    where tf was spider-man during the battle of new york then huh

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

Covered that ages ago.
    JayKaos wrote:
    "So where were you last time we were fighting off an alien invasion, kid?"

"I was busy catching rubble and pulling people to safety because somebody kept dropping giant dead space whales on my city. Why, what were you guys doing?"

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    If the last two movies had set the world on fire and were beloved by both comic and non-comic fans alike, I would agree you could maybe start with a Miles movie. However, the last movie really reduced the goodwill folks have towards Spidey and I think you have to go a more traditional route with this first movie.

Build the franchise up, cast a superior Spider-Man and then once the franchise is at a peak you can get away with another project with Miles or Gwen.

• Options
    how did the woman who said "guy with eight hands... sounds hot" end up becoming a shield agent

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    how did the woman who said "guy with eight hands... sounds hot" end up becoming a shield agent

well she was a mercenary, they were outsourcing those guys in the show.

Langly on
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular

http://i.imgur.com/dzHvKJO.jpg

He's right there, dunno how you could miss him

• Options
    Odin wrote: »

http://i.imgur.com/dzHvKJO.jpg

He's right there, dunno how you could miss him

Also, Julie Andrews!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    ha ha damn Cisco
    Your face is going to be so red when it turns out Well's actually did do it
    Keith wrote: »
    Flash speculation
    Wells wasn't one of the blood samples from the scene. I think we're gonna have Eddie and Wells as Zoom and Reverse Flash

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2015
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I am actually somewhat excited for the DC relaunch in June though

I'm gonna be picking up:
    Black Canary
    Constantine: The Hellblazer
    Doctor Fate
    Justice League of America
    Midnighter
    Omega Men
    Prez
    Robin, Son of Batman

I'll be checking out:

Black Canary
    Cyborg
    Justice League of America
    Martian Manhunter
    Midnighter
    Prez
    Robin, Son of Batman
    We Are Robin

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I'm willing to give Cyborg a shot if the writer turns out to be good, I can't really find anything else he's written

Martian Manhunter is by Rob Williams though and everything he wrote for Marvel was exceedingly average so I'm passing on that one

We Are Robin looks super rad but I wanna know more about it first

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    jjj slams the so called hero spider-man for not helping during the battle of new york and spider-man is unable to prove he was there

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I never thought I would like Cisco

but the Cisco/Joe stuff last night was excellent

• Options
    Oh and Superman

Definitely gonna give Superman a shot with the new writer

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Sweet, the third Avengers World volume is out today. And it starts back up again next week.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    If they do miles first a ton of people are going to be like what, that's not Spider-Man. It's not like he's a widely known character.
    You're not wrong

but they could also just say "He's a different Spider-Man and here's why he is rad"

like I agree Peter is the way easier, far more likely option

but Miles is absolutely doable without Peter existing first

See, a lot of this is based on anecdotal evidence that's going to differ greatly from person to person

You might know more people who would accept it than wouldn't, but if I gathered together my peers and told them, well you see it's a different Spider-Man but he's still really cool, most of them are going to throw up their hands and say well what's the point then?

In large part because Peter Parker is a known quantity that they'll have some connection to already, while nobody knows who Miles is, coupled with a perception that stuff that happens or originates in an alternate universe is inherently secondary or of no consequence (assuming they even know or care what the Ultimate universe is)

Anyway I'm going to make my own generalization here that most people are excited for this because they get to see the Spider-Man they know palling around with the Avengers, and if it turns out not to be their Spidey they're gonna have a hard time swallowing it

My answer is fuck those people.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I think if they make Miles cool enough, you'd be surprised how many people would accept it without question(Even if i do think Peter should be mentioned because that's a big part of Miles character)

The amount of people who actually care VS the assholes who scream loudly will not affect sales

Marketing people have convinced themselves this sort of thing matters when it never actually has.

masterofmetroid on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    i vote dylan o'brien for new spiederman

I'm so glad there's someone else on these forums who loves Dylan O'Brien as much as I do

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm planning on buying Black Canary entirely for Annie Wu art

I don't really even have any strong feelings about the character Black Canary

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Dr Fate I will be getting mostly because I really like the concept and design of the character

• Options
    Solar wrote: »
    Dr Fate I will be getting mostly because I really like the concept and design of the character
    Yeah I'm not a huge Paul Levitz fan

But I love Fate and this is his first ongoing since, like, the 80s so I pretty much have to give it a shot

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    i vote dylan o'brien for new spiederman

I'm so glad there's someone else on these forums who loves Dylan O'Brien as much as I do

+1 for DoB Spidey!

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    A man with fantastic hair and a mustache walks into Marvel's Spider-Man auditions

"Hello," he says, removing his hat, "my name is Mr....Odie. Andy Odie. Yes, that'll do."

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I liked Dylan O'brien in the Internship.

If he can be a Peter Parker who makes fun of all the other superheroes for being 40+ years-old, I'm down.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options

Hi corporatelogo

a similar article was already posted and we had a big discussion/fight about it already

thanks anyway though

• Options
    EvilpolarbearEvilpolarbear Registered User regular
    What about a Miles who was saved by Peter during the Battle of New York?

• Options
    Man, looks like there may be no Secret Wars announcement today

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    I'm actually not that impressed with the LEGO Helicarrier. For as big as it is, I wish it had more/better interiors than just the super cramped command deck bit. It looks like there's a big open space reserved for the optional power pack, which kinda sucks.

Like, the LEGO Millennium Falcon is half that size, and the inside manages to have most of the Falcon interior bits we see in the movies, while still being open enough to maneuver in there without knocking pieces off.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Calica wrote: »
    I'm actually not that impressed with the LEGO Helicarrier. For as big as it is, I wish it had more/better interiors than just the super cramped command deck bit. It looks like there's a big open space reserved for the optional power pack, which kinda sucks.

Like, the LEGO Millennium Falcon is half that size, and the inside manages to have most of the Falcon interior bits we see in the movies, while still being open enough to maneuver in there without knocking pieces off.

The UCS Falcon has no interior. The System Falcon is much smaller than a Helicarrier so it lends itself better to having an interior that fit minifigures. They basically created an entirely new scale of figures just for the Helicarrier. The fact that it has an interior at all for that new scale is amazing.

If someone doesn't want the power functions, it would be very easy to add in some more interior in that space like the lab. Assuming people can design interiors for that tiny a figure that doesn't look out of scale.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Boy, Darth Vader really doesn't like sand(people).

This discussion has been closed.