As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Superhero Thread (Trial Pending) [Superheroes]

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    maybe he's still gonna be in a relationship with 616 kitty and is just fighting the AoA one for some reason

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    The book ends with some Disney cross media synergy with Star Lord dating Sully from monsters inc

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    God, and it really reflects bad on Peter. Like, super goddamn bad.

"WELL I'm not in touch with my girlfriend, might as well fall in love with her alternate universe version"

Like I'm not against the pairing.

But that's literally the worst way to do something like that.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    There are many Kittys, but they all share the same soul

my kitties soul is the fuzzies

no wait thats his belly

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    CA: What can’t you tell us? (You can tell me; I promise I’ll only tell our readers.)

SH: I can’t tell you where on Battleworld this book is taking place. I can’t tell you what brings these characters together, and what happens next. And there’s a secret I can’t even allude to, even though it’s staring everyone right in the face. Those would all be spoilers for Secret Wars.

I also can’t tell you the huge thing that happens to Peter and Kitty right before Secret Wars — because that would be a spoiler for Black Vortex. But it’s monumental for their relationship, and… well, all I can promise to everyone is, I wrote both characters as honestly as possible. And then I let the chips fall where they may. Que sera, sera.

The #Starkat fans have been begging to know what the status of Peter and Kitty’s romance is gonna be during Secret Wars. This is the secret I couldn’t talk about. But I know this announcement is only going to raise more questions than answers for them…

I dunno, that doesn't read like someone who just decided to throw a different Kitty in there and go "totes the same!".

euj90n71sojo.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I mean, I would assume it starts out as an adversarial relationship - Peter Quill is dumped in some remote section of Battleworld because of hijinks or whatever, and he has to survive for himself. He sees someone who looks a lot like his long distance girlfriend, and tries to talk to her. She, of course, tries to kill him. He realizes quickly that she is not the Kitty he is currently dating, but they have to team up in order to like, go to another section of Battleworld. Quill now has to juggle his preexisting but long distant relationship with the new one that is forming right in front of his eyes, which is comedically with someone who is essentially the same person.

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    New Avengers this week aka "oh so that's what's up with that"
    The Ivory Kings (aka Beyonders) have been busy simultaneously killing all of the Celestials in the multiverse. Like, 1 beyonder per reality killing the shit out of the Celestials there while the same thing is happening in every other reality.

Up to the point where they also kill the Living Tribunal (hence Tony seeing the body way long ago).

Also original Secret Wars
    was basically a child Beyonder playing with his toys

Does the issue explain...
    original Secret Wars Beyonder's terribad "he was a cosmic cube" origin?

That's what retcon's are for.

Yes, but does it give another explanation?

kyrcl.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    what if peter dated kitty from earth 617 who has the exact same history as 616 kitty but like, a slightly different hair color

PNk1Ml4.png
    Most retcons are just ignoring things that happened

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    edited February 2015
    -Tal wrote: »
    what if peter dated kitty from earth 617 who has the exact same history as 616 kitty but like, a slightly different hair color

"OH NO, I HAVE A DATE WITH AoA Kitty, but I'm meeting 617 Redhead Kitty for Lunch in Utopia!

But who is this mysterious and dangerous HoM Kitty Pryde that everyone's talking about, and it looks like she has her sights set....ON ME!"

#Peterluck

Transporter on
    The book ends with some Disney cross media synergy with Star Lord dating Sully from monsters inc
    Because his nickname is Kitty you see

Ill be here all week

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Now I need a series of Peter Quill trying to date every single Kitty in the multiverse.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I imagine if the right writer wanted to they could do a book that is basically a sitcom style where StarLord keeps meeting different versions of Kitty and crushing on her over and over and over again and Antics Ensue™

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I would have more confidence in the book if Star-Lord was more than just a fun pretty solid book

Like I don't dislike it but it hasn't been a fantastic title and Kitty and Peter's relationship has been cute but very insubstantial (HAHA JOKES) so I'm very skeptical of Humphries handling Peter either juggling two Kitties or somehow continuing his relationship with a new alternate Kitty Pryde with any real degree of weight to it

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    I imagine if the right writer wanted to they could do a book that is basically a sitcom style where StarLord keeps meeting different versions of Kitty and crushing on her over and over and over again and Antics Ensue™

"Kitty First Dates".

euj90n71sojo.png
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I would have more confidence in the book if Star-Lord was more than just a fun pretty solid book

Like I don't dislike it but it hasn't been a fantastic title and Kitty and Peter's relationship has been cute but very insubstantial (HAHA JOKES) so I'm very skeptical of Humphries handling Peter either juggling two Kitties or somehow continuing his relationship with a new alternate Kitty Pryde with any real degree of weight to it

Maybe it'll just be a phase

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Blank has experience juggling two kitties

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

I don't think so, Humphries isn't a good liar in interviews I'd be able to see right through that

CYpGAPn.png
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    In a cross-company, multiversal mishap, Peter ends up with Earth-31 Carrie Kelley.

kyrcl.png

Here, let me help you see how Humphries will handle this Blank.

"She's TIGHTLY WOUND and AGRESSIVE. He's LOOSE, and FUN LOVIN! What an ODD COUPLE!:Laughtrack:"

It's going to be as deep as a piece of paper.

Yo duders who get my codes, books are delayed this week due to the winter weather, they'll be here tomorrow

CYpGAPn.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Guys, don't stress about Starlord going through a Kitty Pride phase.

Tofu made that joke 6 posts ago!

CYpGAPn.png
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Guys, don't stress about Starlord going through a Kitty Pride phase.

They seem like a good couple, but need writers to stop putting them in situations where they're at odds.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Tofu made that joke 6 posts ago!

I guess it passed right through my field of vision.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    As someone who thinks Humphries writes bad comics, even I think ya'll are reading way too much into this and making some crazy assumptions about what's going on in this book.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Balefuego wrote: »
    As someone who thinks Humphries writes bad comics, even I think ya'll are reading way too much into this and making some crazy assumptions about what's going on in this book.
    how so?

Like he says that the Kitty in the book is AoA Kitty and the title's story will be the "spiritual and emotional continuation" of Peter and Kitty's current relationship

Like unless he has, yet another, long distance thing with 616 Kitty on the other side of Battleworld the interview makes it sound like AoA Kitty and Peter are hooking up

CYpGAPn.png
  • SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

This joke needs to be appreciated more.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Dang it, I failed to keep track in my head where I was up to in All-New Captain America, and I ended up buying issue 4 (what I was up to) and issue 3 of some spin-off called "Fear Him" with The Scarecrow, who has fear gas and really, Marvel?

PaperLuigi44 on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Issue 4 is good stuff, however.

• FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    New Avengers this week aka "oh so that's what's up with that"
    The Ivory Kings (aka Beyonders) have been busy simultaneously killing all of the Celestials in the multiverse. Like, 1 beyonder per reality killing the shit out of the Celestials there while the same thing is happening in every other reality.

Up to the point where they also kill the Living Tribunal (hence Tony seeing the body way long ago).

Also original Secret Wars
    was basically a child Beyonder playing with his toys

Don't forget, they've also been
    killing the major Cosmic Abstracts (Eternity, Infinity, Master Order, Lord Chaos, etc) from each universe. Basically, they've slaughtered almost all of the highest level cosmic entities in Marvel, though nobody knows why.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Blank has experience juggling two kitties

http://youtu.be/1bGVT4-1DBU

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Spider-Gwen #1 is great!

It's also the second time in recent months that a Spider-book (or a team book with Spider-man in it) has taken a jab at Steve Ditko's crazy objectivist streak (the other was in Mighty Avengers)

Fearghaill wrote: »
    Spider-Gwen #1 is great!

It's also the second time in recent months that a Spider-book (or a team book with Spider-man in it) has taken a jab at Steve Ditko's crazy objectivist streak (the other was in Mighty Avengers)

Who is Steve Ditko

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Co-creator of Spider-Man

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Spider-Gwen #1 is great!

Who is Steve Ditko

One of the original creators of Spider-Man, and also the creator of this:

qrw6JHB.jpg

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    please give me!

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    archie crossover two kitties fall in love with arche while betty and veronica become infatuated with star lord
    predator and punisher are there somehow too just do all the crossovers

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    What if Kitty realizes there's another Kitty there, and she's like, screw that STar Lord guy, and that's what causes the rift.

Or can they not do this because they'd get sued by Tumblr?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
This discussion has been closed.