Options

It's a Bad Year to Have Litigation in the [NFL]

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    mccoy is a pretty big salary hit as well(bills probably won't pick up any big names in FA after this) and alonso has the potential to be one of the best MLBs around. mccoy's numbers dropped in 2014, but the whole offense stalled a bit without desean jackson. so now with sammy watkins and lesean mccoy... that could be a big time threat if the bills get some QB production.

Jars on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I just saw the trade. What?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    DeMeco Ryans is also expected to be released.

EDIT: I doubt Revis is going anywhere unless they want to give him an assload of money.

Goose! on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    There are some bigger name RBs hitting the market that the Eagles could probably get cheaper than McCoy; I don't love anything about this but I'm willing to see what they do with all of that sweet, sweet cap money.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I don't think any names "bigger" than McCoy would cost less than him.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It's just really odd to see a straight player for player trade like that in the NFL.

• Options
    Now Rosenhaus is saying nothing is official but I think that's just because it can't be official until the tenth.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    That is a bad deal for the bills IMHO. Alonso was borderline roty and McCoy peaked two years ago.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »

Not bigger than McCoy, bigger than the usual crap that's available. Most years you couldn't sign DeMarco Murray as a consolation prize, which I don't think they'll do, but that's an example.

• Options
    1300 yards rushing in a season is still pretty good considering what went on with the eagles offense last year

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    He would have been a borderline MVP if they didn't suck balls in the red zone.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    this raises the question is a Jeremy Maclin mega contract in coming

• Options
    Jeremy Maclin and mega contract shouldn't be in the same sentence.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Jeremy Maclin and mega contract shouldn't be in the same sentence.

No, but a pretty damn good one should be.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Peen wrote: »

Not bigger than McCoy, bigger than the usual crap that's available. Most years you couldn't sign DeMarco Murray as a consolation prize, which I don't think they'll do, but that's an example.

Murray is going to get more money than McCoy, though

• Options
    I mean he's going to get paid one way or another I doubt that the Eagles are going to go into the season with Jordan Matthews as their number one wideout

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Philadelphia Ducks is a worldwide trend right now

• Options
    Philadelphia Ducks is a worldwide trend right now

NO ONE CARES, MAGGLE!

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Legitimately stunned by this one. I totally see the logic behind the deal (Philly gets younger and much cheaper, and better to get rid of your star a year too early rather than a year too late), but Shady was my favorite Eagle since Dawkins left town. My left brain and right brain aren't agreeing on whether this was a good deal or not.

Assuming that DeMeco Ryans is going to be the next guy out, the Eagles are going to have upwards of $50 mil of cap space to spend on free agency. This offseason is already nuts and it's just going to get weirder in Philly.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Good luck with Mariota there to throw to Random Receivers 1-4 and Riley Cooper, Philly

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular

I think you'll find plenty who are less than $11m a year

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I believe in chip kelly

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Eagles tried to trade for Spiller last year, so wouldn't be surprised if he came to Philly. That would basically end up being Shady for Spiller/Alonso and a bunch of cap space because lol 11m for a RB.

• Options
    Also I realize he is on the decline and I am a crazy person but I can see this being an offense where Reggie Bush could do some things.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The Bills fan part of me thinks this is a good thing overall.

The Eagles fan part of me hates seeing a franchise staple go to another team.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    ehh the bills weren't really making any motions to resign spiller. like I said if the bills get some QB production this could be really good based on how dominant mccoy was when foles actually had a #1 receiver to throw to. eagles oline was a hot mess last year too.

the fact that it's tough to say who came out on top means it was a pretty good trade at least. I liked alonso, I'm probably going to like mccoy. depends on how well alonso recovers from his acl tear

Jars on
  • Options
    CJ spiller: "I'm pretty sure chip has my agent's number"

• Options
    Andrew Luck shaved

2nzV4gB.jpg

• Options
    apparently the trade took all of 20 minutes

I love that these two coaches are willing to pull something off like this

• Options
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    I really don't get this move from the Bill's side of things. They already had a good running game, if they wanted a different back you can't throw a rock in this draft without hitting a good RB. As much as I love shady, Kiko on his 3rd year as a pro has a lot more value to a team long term then he does.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Two things I read as to why they thought Kiko was expendable: 1) the defense was very good without him last year and 2) he doesn't fit Rex's scheme.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    I thought that too but he's an inside guy, isn't the MLB role is the same in 3-4*Jets/Rex's scheme* as it is in 4-3*old Bill's D*? Also changing buffalo's strength to a different system that the players might not fit seems like a crazy idea but then again it is the Bills and Rex Ryan...

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Andrew Luck shaved

2nzV4gB.jpg

Except for the pedo-stache! Because....reasons!

• Options
    Because it's hilarious.

Also the fact that Adam Schefter hates this trade is making me feel really good about it.

• Options
    At least one Pittsburgh beat writer saying the Steelers are hoping Polamalu retires so they don't have to release him

Finally looks like the end of Polamalu in the NFL

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Just so long as he keeps doing shampoo commercials.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Bills got that QB situation nailed.

Trading for Matt Cassel.

• Options
    mcp wrote: »
    Bills got that QB situation nailed.

Trading for Matt Cassel.

Super Bowl bound

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    all pro quarterback matt goddamn cassel

This discussion has been closed.