Options

It's a Bad Year to Have Litigation in the [NFL]

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    What team would be in the Rams home television market when they leave? The Chiefs? You could do a lot worse than them.

could also be the colts or the bears

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    C'mon over to the other side of the state.

The Chiefs might disappoint you, but they'll never leave the city outright.

We have BBQ.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I'm not really even sure what I'm going to do when they go.

Do I keep rooting for a team I feel betrayed by?

Do I try to find another team to follow even though I have no real connection to it?

Do I just stop caring about football now that I've lost what little stake in it I had?

try college football!

It's like regular football, but with dozens of bowls instead of one bowl!

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I don't like college football because the NCAA is somehow even worse than the NFL. I mean how is that even possible?

Jars on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Betrayed by your team and feeling lost? Need a rooting interest but just can't find the connection you need to care about a brand new team?

Situations like this are what America's Team was built for!

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

Do I try to find another team to follow even though I have no real connection to it?

Do I just stop caring about football now that I've lost what little stake in it I had?

Watch the NBA. It's a superior league right now and there's 99.999999% less concussions to feel guilty about.

No...no...the right answer is NHL.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Betrayed by your team and feeling lost? Need a rooting interest but just can't find the connection you need to care about a brand new team?

Exactly! You now have TWO teams: whoever's playing LA, and whoever's playing Dallas!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    http://www.chargers.com/news/2015/02/19/joint-statement-raiders-and-chargers

Chargers and Raiders want to play in the same stadium and division

hahaha

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

Watch the NBA. It's a superior league right now and there's 99.999999% less concussions to feel guilty about.

The NHL somehow manages to hang onto a commissioner that's worse than Roger Goodell

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

The NHL somehow manages to hang onto a commissioner that's worse than Roger Goodell

Nah, I think this year Goodell passed Bettman for worst.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Xehalus wrote: »

hahaha

how in the hell would this even work?

let alone how in the hell would this work if the rams were also in LA? Cut a potential but also currently not really existent fanbase 3 different ways? Is there really that much money in LA football?

Barcardi on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

NimPrv4.jpg
    ?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Gross

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    the NBA has way too many games for me to care at all.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »

Nah, I think this year Goodell passed Bettman for worst.

Least liked maybe but it's a much more high profile job and league. Bettman has presided over three work stoppages within 10 years including two shortened seasons and one completely lost season. THe NHL has been a very poorly run league the last 20 years.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Langly wrote: »
    the NBA has way too many games for me to care at all.

As a baseball fan I can't feel this way about any other sport.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    With basketball though you have players that openly say though that they don't try as hard in every game, which really frustrates me and makes it tough to dive back in 100% like I did when I was a small Piz.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Basketball peaked for me in the 90's. I was a HUUUUUGE Sonics and Shawn Kemp fan.

I high fived Hersey Hawkins when they came to Miami for a game.

I modeled my three point shot after Big Smooth Sam Perkins.

• Options
    Basketball peaked for me in the 90's. I was a HUUUUUGE Sonics and Shawn Kemp fan.

I high fived Hersey Hawkins when they came to Miami for a game.

I modeled my three point shot after Big Smooth Sam Perkins.

The league is the best it's been since the 90s Jordan era. There's a shitload of stars now, lots of fun to watch teams, and success is arguably more team oriented than it's ever been. I also feel like the NBA does a better job of serving fans right now. League Pass is awesome and you don't have to have DirecTV to get it which is nice. NBA TV is still a joke but so is NFL Network. You can also go to a game for less than a house payment which is really hard to do in a strong NFL market.

• Options
    I still enjoy NBA basketball but I don't know if I'll ever love it as much as I did in the 90's.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I still enjoy NBA basketball but I don't know if I'll ever love it as much as I did in the 90's.

This is me, after the 2000 Dunk Competition.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    The NBA is great right now but it's hard for me to focus interest before the playoffs start.

Once they do I'll be watching like 5-6 hours of hoops a night Im sure.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Look guys, I high fived Hersey Hawkins in 1996.

It doesn't get any better than that.

• Options
    The West is basically playoffs every night all season.

• Options
    I also met Shaq at Disney back in... I want to say 94

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    my problem with the nba is that it feels like the only part of a game that matters is the last 5 minutes

which I'm sure is a completely unfair, but I have trouble investing myself in the whole of a game

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

Judging by how Sonics fans have handled this situation you spend the rest of your life bitter and wishing for days long past.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    my problem with the nba is that it feels like the only part of a game that matters is the last 5 minutes of game clock/45 minutes of real time

which I'm sure is a completely unfair, but I have trouble investing myself in the whole of a game
    Fixed for real basketball.

• Options
    Apparebtly Gurley refused to let any team doctors examine his knee at the combine.

And that's how the best RB prospect in 10 years goes undrafted...

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Wow that's incredibly stupid unless something is still wrong with it.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

hahaha

Excuse me I need to go scream for a bit.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options

This is literally the reason and everyone knows it.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

This is literally the reason and everyone knows it.

YUUUUUP...thing is probably held together with bubble gum and unicorn farts.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Did team doctors check out RGIIIs knee before the Draft or was his previous knee injury ignored during his combine?

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Seg wrote: »
    Did team doctors check out RGIIIs knee before the Draft or was his previous knee injury ignored during his combine?

i mean RG3 was basically fine until his homefield turf devoured his knee and spit it out with a derisive laugh

• Options
    I believe he was 100% and ran a 4.38 40 at the combine.

• Options
    And, like, it's one thing to be like, "HEY MAN my knee's still healin allright bro's it'll be a minute before I'm back might miss some time"

And he's still at the combine? Doing things?

That straight up screams, "HEY, my knee is actually so fucked up doctor's recommended that I shouldn't play football ever again, but I'm hoping to bullshit my way through this so I can at least get a years check in and live the dream for about 30 seconds"

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    This is probably the best NBA regular season since I was under the age of 10. If you like basketball at all and aren't watching this year you're missing out, big time.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I like basketball.

but I do that thing were I only sorta pay attention to the regular season

same with hockey

watching hockey is hard, because it just makes me want to play again

so i'll watch like half a game, and put my inline's on and leave the house for a few hours

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    it would be better if the Spurs got their shit together

But it's rodeo road trip what do I expect?

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
This discussion has been closed.