Options

It's a Bad Year to Have Litigation in the [NFL]

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Peterson has been put back on the commissioners exempt list while the NFL appeals his appeal or something.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Peterson has been put back on the commissioners exempt list because they just make up the rules as they go

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    KC released Anthony Fasano.

which is gonna mean a bigger role for Kelce next year, thank goodness.

The Kelce family makes good football players, it is true.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I'm surprised Hillis was still on anyone's roster.
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    I was just reading that the video in question is a parking lot camera at a Walmart. You cant tell if it is him, but a couple of cars he owns are in frame and he is seen later with the woman in question. There was a police report filed as well but the woman claimed at the time it was someone else who hit her. Now there is new suspicion because people are hearing Dez was paying money to keep the tape out of the press....This was all Yahoo news though...so take with a massive grain of salt.

Not if it comes from Woj. He's a Yahoo sports writer and he's about as well respected as sports writers get.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    On the one hand, that sure is a list of running backs.

On the other hand, are any of them ever going to start for an NFL team again? Should they? I say no, except maybe Reggie Bush, but probably just no.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Reggie Bush can't be a lone starter, he's not durable enough. He's the best on that list though. He's a good change of pace back and if he stays healthy he can put up some serious numbers.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Florio is such a twat. Put up or shut up.

ANYWAY

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I'm back from vomiting everywhere, mccown didn't sign with the bills did he?

• Options
    Jars wrote: »

I keep hearing they are ironing out a deal.

• Options
    Jars wrote: »

They're in a bidding war with Cleveland for his services.

You can go right back to vomiting now.

• Options
    Bidding war is over. Mccown to the Browns.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Bidding war is over. Mccown to the Browns.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Brian hoyer got screwed.

• Options
    Brian Hoyer should consider himself lucky to be rid of that shitshow.

• Options
    ok good I don't have to die of internal bleeding. there was no need for another kyle orton, you aren't making the playoffs with mccown so you might as well stick it out and see what EJ can do for a full season and see if you can get lucky with a late round pick if he doesn't improve.

now queue browns making the playoffs

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Browns? Playoffs?

Bwahahahahahahahahaha

You guys are too much.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Hoyer ruuun

• Options
    as long as the bills QB is not

1) mark sanchez because people think this would be a good idea and it's not so stop saying it
    2) josh mccown
    3) jay culter

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Brian Hoyer should consider himself lucky to be rid of that shitshow.

Except the truth is Hoyer played his way out of said shitshow. If he wasn't so awful to force the Browns to give Manziel a shot he'd have gotten a pretty sweet contract offer.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    michael sam has been invited to the veteran combine

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Another chance for teams to not sign him and make bullshit excuses. He's also going to be on Dancing With The Stars.

• Options
    Are we sure it's not just that he isn't that good at football and that's why nobody's signing him?

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    Are we sure it's not just that he isn't that good at football and that's why nobody's signing him?

It's one of those situations where you can't know for sure but everyone seems Ok with jumping to that conclusion.

• Options
    I don't want to jump to it but before he came out he was a mediocre prospect at best, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that there isn't anything to distinguish him from all of the other mediocre one-dimensional pass rushers around. I'm also not sure that the people who are defending him aren't doing it solely on the basis of his personal bravery and orientation, which is compelling but not a great reason for a football team to sign him by itself.

• Options
    He was always too small for d line and too big for linebacker.

• Options
    NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    If he wants to actually be on a team signing up for dancing with the stars is a bad idea. He'll have practically no time to train while on the show and given his story the viewers will keep him around for awhile.

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Another chance for teams to not sign him and make bullshit excuses. He's also going to be on Dancing With The Stars.
    I don't know if "he's too small and not fast enough" are excuses, exactly. More like reasons.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Plus, there's a good chance he'll get injured while practicing for DTWS; apparently that show is notorious for hurting it's dancers.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I don't want to jump to it but before he came out he was a mediocre prospect at best, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that there isn't anything to distinguish him from all of the other mediocre one-dimensional pass rushers around. I'm also not sure that the people who are defending him aren't doing it solely on the basis of his personal bravery and orientation, which is compelling but not a great reason for a football team to sign him by itself.

I remember reading something like every single person who won SEC Defensive player of the year in the last however-long SEC has been the best conference in college football was given 1-3 years on an actual NFL roster before being cut except for Sam. And then he had a really good preseason. He at least deserves a roster spot and opportunity.

Outsports had a very well written argument detailing why they think it's discrimination based and not ability.

• Options
    I'm going to preface saying this by saying I don't agree with it

However, the difference between giving those guys a chance to sit on the roster and giving Sam a chance to sit in the roster is that Sam comes with this media circus.

With how quickly the NFL will pull the plug on their coaches these guys don't necessarily want to risk it.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

http://www.outsports.com/2015/2/8/8000303/michael-sam-nfl-teams-gay-roster

Basically the answer is no.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »

http://www.outsports.com/2015/2/8/8000303/michael-sam-nfl-teams-gay-roster

Basically the answer is no.

Reading this does change my opinion. It really sounds like he is being blacklisted because he's gay.

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    If he was 2 inches taller, .1 faster in his 10 yard split, and had 34 inch arms I'd agree with you. But he doesn't.

• Options

here's what distinguishes him: he is the only DE that had 3 sacks in preseason yet did not get signed to a team

it's not ability

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I'm not giving the league the benefit of the doubt anymore

If they still don't have an openly gay player after Michael Sam gave them a free chance at positive PR (and during a season where they absolutely needed some of that), there's really only one reason why, and it's got nothing to do with talent

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Michael Sam is good

NFL owners are just generally not cool if last season wasn't already a display

• Options
    I hadn't seen that stuff and I'm happy to be wrong, I hope he's really good and gets a shot.

This discussion has been closed.