Options

It's a Bad Year to Have Litigation in the [NFL]

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Ndamakong suh must, MUST, be a Raider.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Word on the street is Andre Johnson is either going to be released or traded.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Ndamakong suh must, MUST, be a Raider.

I don't get why any athlete would want to go from a playoff team with a decent amount of talent to the raiders

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't like the Raiders but they're starting to get some talent on that team. If they do well in free agency and the draft this year they could theoretically be competing for a wild card spot.

Unless Derek Carr doesn't progress

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    They are still a couple years away for competing ... The biggest reason why someone may want to go there though? MONEY. They have a ton of cap room and have notoriously given gigantic and ridiculous contracts.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I think the Raiders will be poised to be competitive about the time Peyton is out of Denver. Honestly there's not a lot of point in the Raiders trying to win that division as long as both KC and Denver are doing as well as they are. Then again, if the Raiders were better, the Chiefs might not look as good by comparison.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Probably meaningless but I just got a Bleacher Report saying the Giants are considering making a run at Suh and that he wants to play in NY.

I'm all for them getting better but I don't like Suh.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Looking at the cap numbers, I don't see any way that New York could afford him without some massive cuts.They're only about 6 million under right now.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Suh in NY would be awkward

• Options
    Coughlin wouldn't take his shit that's for sure. Probably be good for Suh.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Looking at the cap numbers, I don't see any way that New York could afford him without some massive cuts.They're only about 6 million under right now.

They'll get some money back once they figure out what they're doing with JPP long term - I'd be awfully surprised if they paid him the $14-something million that he would get with the franchise tag. But yeah, it's hard to see them freeing up enough money to pay what Suh is going to command on the market.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    It's Bleacher Report. They probably heard some hobo say his name and made the report.

What kind of an idiot listens to hobos when it comes to football?

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Bleacher report claims seem to be either fan-based rumor mongering or common knowledge

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    If Suh really wants to go to New York, the Jets have the cap space for him. But I doubt they'd want to splash the cash on Suh when they've already got Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson on the line. DT is one of the few positions on the Jets roster that isn't a trainwreck. Suh might not even be an upgrade for them, and they're just about the only team in the league who could say that.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Bleacher Report stories usually go like this:

'I think PLAYER would be a good fit on TEAM'

BREAKING RUMOR: TEAM interested in PLAYER

• Options
    Gilbert0Gilbert0 North of SeattleRegistered User regular
    Coming late to the Watt conversation, I think he's super serious about his job and why shouldn't he? He's making up to $100 million dollars. I'd be damn sure I can collect as much of that as I can. It's financially irresponsible to not.

On the flip side, I think he's got a sense of humor too. He's done 3 episodes of The League as himself over the last couple years. Sure they're quick cameos but they'd eat a week of time each.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Gilbert0 wrote: »
    Coming late to the Watt conversation, I think he's super serious about his job and why shouldn't he? He's making up to $100 million dollars. I'd be damn sure I can collect as much of that as I can. It's financially irresponsible to not.

On the flip side, I think he's got a sense of humor too. He's done 3 episodes of The League as himself over the last couple years. Sure they're quick cameos but they'd eat a week of time each.

Agreed completely, when did it become bad news to be serious about your job? On top of that though, who cares if he has a sense of humor? That doesn't impact his job whatsoever, I would rather have a staff of Watts than a bunch of dudes who are funny and not serious.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    pretty much everyone in the nfl is serious about their job

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    except Trent Richardson

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    except Trent "I got an insane haul when traded for literally one gif of me exploding a dude" Richardson

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    trent "three clouds of dust and a yard" richardson

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    the raiders really do seem like the most likely. they have cash and suh is such a raider player

• Options
    I guarantee Suh doesnt go to Oakland

He wants to shake the "bad guy" rep and his agent can not be dumb enough to let him go to the Raiders, where the stigma will never leave.

Dude really wants to be on the East Coast for all that sweet sweet media attention

• Options
    I think Indy can afford him, and if they really want to win a Super Bowl with Luck in the next two or three years they should go for it.

• Options
    suh doesn't care where he goes. he basically told his agent "get me the most money"

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    suh doesn't care where he goes. he basically told his agent "get me the most money"

suh cares

he wants his image fixed and he wants to be in a big market

the money thing is gonna happen no matter where he ends up

• Options
    he can't care that much since it was all of 3 months ago he stepped on rodgers

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    he can't care that much since it was all of 3 months ago he stepped on rodgers

but that was practically his first offense!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I have no idea why the bad boy image of the Raiders still exists.

They've been nothing but bumbling for a decade now, and I can't really remember the last time they had any players that were overly dirty.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Because their fans have not become any more sane.

• Options
    yeah pretty much

as long as these guys show up to the games it's going to exist

raiders-fans.jpg

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    There are many reports of Indy's aggressive free agency plans. I wouldn't be surprised if they go at Suh and they really need a good defensive tackle. Their run defense was horrible last season.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    It's Bleacher Report. They probably heard some hobo say his name and made the report.

What kind of an idiot listens to hobos when it comes to football?

This fantastic dig at the Cleveland Browns was ignored and that's a travesty

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    interesting.. I was actually thinking something like that might happen, except for a QB(foles?!). since brown did so well they don't particularly need alonso. though I think alonso is a fair bit better than brown, he was so good 2 years ago.

guess CJ spiller is out for sure now

Jars on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Holy shit what?

• Options
    And the waiters and waitresses of Philadelphia rejoiced.

• Options
    Chip Kelly still cleaning house

• Options
    oh Alonso played at Oregon

that makes sense

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Trent Cole and Cary Williams were released as well. Between all of these moves the Eagles have roughly $40m in cap space right now.

The only way I'm OK with this move is if Revis and/or McCourty end up here. And only just in that case.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
This discussion has been closed.