As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WREST-LING] HAPP-ENED clap-clap clap-clap-clap

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The Human Tornado is the best.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Human Tornado is responsible for my favorite CZW moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpgmGUkEWzM

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Human Tornado is responsible for my favorite CZW moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpgmGUkEWzM

Holy fucking shit

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Human Tornado turned up on a local indy card here recently and I'm hoping against hope that he comes back to PWG one day.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Nirya forgot the most important part of PWG's history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RFossdjWFo

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Someone post Generico's a Big Boy for me.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUO1opfLY7U

This is a thing that happened at this last BoLA.

Also for Dapper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaOcEESMWuw

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Gracias, I just love how Kevin thinks it's the funniest thing.

Also Player Uno totally does the end of days in that.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The way you know you have a good theme song:

I just heard Zayns theme come on at the end of the halftime in Golden State v Washington.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    When Melina and Michelle got in trouble for being "too good."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r3fWH8tX-c

I just watched the DDT on the Guard Rail.

Fucking hell that was sick.

Link?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa1eio_wwe-noc-09-melina-vs-michelle-mccoo_sport

About 5:50 into the video. But watch the whole thing.

Oh Melina, so pretty, a decent wrestler, utterly terrible at cutting promos.

Sweet match, though.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    How did we go this far without showing Blank The Most Illegal Move In The History Of Wrestling!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xIYVw3ZPJk&ab_channel=usajh1

Although it did make a very brief appearance during the history of the 24/7 belt.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Like we even need to point out that The Osirian Portal is awesome...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lAtmpaFIN8

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Wait, that was uploaded in December. Has Chris Hero lost a lot of the weight he put on?

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Let me add that I think the company as a whole is in a real dilemma right now in regards to the Network because the majority of subscribers are "hardcore" fans who like pure wrestling and the like. But as Hunter said they have to cater to every demo on the main shows, and they aren't all the sudden going to only cater to the hardcore fans because they'd lose too much audience.

I'm not trying to say the current product is the right way to go but they can't afford to have the Network fail so the balance act from now on is going to cause many headaches.

I'm sorry, wirehead, but I hate when people say stuff like this, because it's such a cop out. Yeah, the hardcore fans aren't everybody, I get that. And I can even see some of the arguments like Roman Reigns being more visually impressive than Daniel Bryan (even if that does go out the window the instant he opens his mouth). But who's going to turn off the show if the women are putting on great matches and having compelling angles? Who's going to change the channel if there is more wrestling on the wrestling show? Hell, it may even draw in a new audience.

Nobody's asking WWE to turn into PWG or ROH here, but I don't think the hardcores and the casuals are at odds as much as a lot of other people think they are. The main difference is, where the hardcores go complain online, the casuals simply change the channel.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Oh, and Chikara is AMAZING, and it always does my heart good to see more people get into it.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I had about 5 pages of this thread to go through since last night and since I'd rather give Blank my favorite Chikara matches than be angry about anything, here you go @Blankzilla! Sorry if they've already been posted, I mostly skimmed these craziness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K5EF0XgvTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxivHSDCOFA

Important question, has anyone yet shown Blank the MOST ILLEGAL MOVE IN WRESTLING? EDIT: HAHA it was on the same page I'm a dope.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Nirya forgot to mention this about the Stone Cold vest that ACH put on, but it transferred the powers of Stone Cold to ACH and he will randomly start acting like Stone Cold during his matches ever since that happened.

• Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    How did we go this far without showing Blank The Most Illegal Move In The History Of Wrestling!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xIYVw3ZPJk&ab_channel=usajh1

Although it did make a very brief appearance during the history of the 24/7 belt.

Technically, that's a CZW clip, even if the Osirian Portal are Chikara originals.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    facetious wrote: »
    I don't know which is my favourite of the Chukie Tea 24/7 Hardcore Championship Matches

the one where he fights Triton Drew Gulak to the Mario underwater music, or the tragic news report about Drew Gulak being on a lost plane delivered by "Buck Baylor".

... apparently I like Drew Gulak?

Drew Gulak consistently has some of the best matches I've seen live.

And I love the one in which he defeats antisemitism.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I try to watch THE MOST ILLEGAL MOVE IN WRESTLING like once a week. it sustains me

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Blank don't let me forget to tell you about when kale and I helped CHIKARA save a hostage then they took us out for tater tots and bowling

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    MrDapper wrote: »
    I just want to say Blank.

You joining the wrestle thread has been one of the best things.
    awwww

I am glad I have fallen down this insane, terrible, wonderful rabbit hole with you all

Blank you are precious

Never get jaded by wrestling being dumb okay

For us

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Let me add that I think the company as a whole is in a real dilemma right now in regards to the Network because the majority of subscribers are "hardcore" fans who like pure wrestling and the like. But as Hunter said they have to cater to every demo on the main shows, and they aren't all the sudden going to only cater to the hardcore fans because they'd lose too much audience.

I'm not trying to say the current product is the right way to go but they can't afford to have the Network fail so the balance act from now on is going to cause many headaches.

I'm sorry, wirehead, but I hate when people say stuff like this, because it's such a cop out. Yeah, the hardcore fans aren't everybody, I get that. And I can even see some of the arguments like Roman Reigns being more visually impressive than Daniel Bryan (even if that does go out the window the instant he opens his mouth). But who's going to turn off the show if the women are putting on great matches and having compelling angles? Who's going to change the channel if there is more wrestling on the wrestling show? Hell, it may even draw in a new audience.

Nobody's asking WWE to turn into PWG or ROH here, but I don't think the hardcores and the casuals are at odds as much as a lot of other people think they are. The main difference is, where the hardcores go complain online, the casuals simply change the channel.

and I don't get this thing I've read that people will have to be trained to expect actual matches from the women, that you'd have to do it slowly...

what?

if you put a good match and/or storyline together, people respond. done and done. just start doing it.

no one is gonna go 'wow I really preferred it when the matches ended in 5 seconds'

like, even the douchiest perviest guy who only cares about the women matches for the most base reasons? he still wants to see them roll around the ring a little longer. not that I care much for this guy but at my most cynical I imagine the WWE really really does.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    I honestly feel like just letting the women go straight out of the gate with longer matches with better opportunities to show wrestling skill and actual compelling feuds would get more positive attention than having it become an "accepted" thing. Like, some fans would genuinely respond with "whoa, I didn't know they could do that!" And that's a good reaction because it leaves them wanting to see more.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I watch Finn Balor matches to stare at his body

• Options
    I watch Finn Balor matches to stare at his body

Doesn't everybody?

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Everyone always brings up the Trish/Lita matches. There is never any love for the Trish/Victoria hardcore match.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    I just want to say I'm proud of everybody in this thread for their thoughts on the women's wrestling situation in WWE.

I love this thread.

You're on the right side of history.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Also while I want to see WWE's women's division given the time and respect it gets in NXT I think we view the Trish-era through rose colored glasses.
    There were a large number of women during the Attitude Era that were horrible wrestlers. Then there was the evening gown/bra and panty matches. Even Trish was barking like a dog at one point.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Also while I want to see WWE's women's division given the time and respect it gets in NXT I think we view the Trish-era through rose colored glasses.
    There were a large number of women during the Attitude Era that were horrible wrestlers. Then there was the evening gown/bra and panty matches. Even Trish was barking like a dog at one point.

You're remembering the DARK TIMES, after Lita left and Trish literally had to carry the entire division which drove a spike between her and the WWE.

DARK.

TIMES.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I think I need to talk to WWE tech support about this Network issue. The only other option I can think of is canceling then re subscribing.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    I think I need to talk to WWE tech support about this Network issue. The only other option I can think of is canceling then re subscribing.

Have you reached out to their twitter account, AskWWENetwork? They responded within a few minutes to us when we had an issue and were actually really helpful.

• Options

Have you reached out to their twitter account, AskWWENetwork? They responded within a few minutes to us when we had an issue and were actually really helpful.

I don't have Twitter.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »

It's telling that WWE has pretty much scrubbed any videos of that out of existence.

• Options
    Guess I need to finally get one then.

• Options
    You could probably just call or email them, I just mentioned it because twitter customer service accounts tend to be super quick with the responses.

• Options
    You could probably just call or email them, I just mentioned it because twitter customer service accounts tend to be super quick with the responses.

I emailed them twice yesterday but it wasn't through CS. I just emailed through CS though about 30 minutes ago so I might wait a bit.

Twitter will probably mean a faster response so I think I'll try that now.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    OK Twitter is confusing. Does this mean they got the message?

@JohnTCole1981: @AskWWENetwork Hi, is this where I go if I have a log in issue with the Network?

wirehead26 on
This discussion has been closed.