As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [chat] that is not about Drake

19495969798100»

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Winky wrote: »
    Well wait, to be perfectly fair what she told me was that she wasn't ready to get involved with anyone right now, which I took as her letting me down easy.

Ends up last night she was ready.

That's such a common white lie that it's refreshing when it turns out to be the truth. like someone saying their grandma died and then it turned out their grandma really did die.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Well wait, to be perfectly fair what she told me was that she wasn't ready to get involved with anyone right now, which I took as her letting me down easy.

Oh, ok. Not an instance of "no" means "yes", but rather "now" means "at this particular second, but who knows what the next second may bring".

*Erases mark from 'No means Yes' column*
    *Adds mark to the 'bitches be cra' column"

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    That Molyneux interview was brutal. Wouldn't it be nice to have interviewers like that in politics?

The Paxman Howard interview should be the norm for journalistic determinism.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »

Oh, ok. Not an instance of "no" means "yes", but rather "now" means "at this particular second, but who knows what the next second may bring".

I think you might really benefit socially from not talking about women and sex.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »

This is true, yes.

• Options

This is true, yes.

Instead talk about Hitler and Sex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9CjcQSbVb4

• Options

This is true, yes.

I was pleasantly surprised this was Vlog Bros and not History Channel.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited February 2015
    Seriously, though, there are like zero video games not made by a Japanese company that didn't have their scope changed or reworked over the course of the project. Do you know how tumultuous the development of Half-Life 2 was, or the Bioshock games? It's an incredibly common thing in video games, and they are a fundamentally different animal than other software projects.

They are a multi-team creative work, not a rote commercial application.

That said, we know exactly what day Thor 3 is coming out on in theaters in 2017, so its not like massive creative projects with lots of moving parts can't adhere to a schedule.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Heh.

Sounds like Green was approached by History Channel.

• Options
    :whistle: Dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun Hitler and Sex!!! :whistle:

• Options

This is true, yes.

Othering is the best coping strategy.

• Options
    Oh wow that is actually a really good video about domestic abuse.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

That mark actually belongs in the 'accurate information honestly given' column.

Probably get rid of the 'no means yes' column entirely.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Seriously, though, there are like zero video games not made by a Japanese company that didn't have their scope changed or reworked over the course of the project. Do you know how tumultuous the development of Half-Life 2 was, or the Bioshock games? It's an incredibly common thing in video games, and they are a fundamentally different animal than other software projects.

You say this as if it didn't happen on any project at any scale

Of course you don't go into a project with perfect knowledge, part of project management is dealing with this kind of event and having contingencies when it happens

With the molyneux projects, the things that they fail on tend not to be this kind of problem, just run of the mill failure to properly scope the project in the first place

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was careening by at warp 3.1

@RMS Oceanic will create the new thread
    @Jacobkosh is backup

This discussion has been closed.