As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Elder Scrolls] in which we discuss modding and murder Thalmor on sight

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

#1 I hate the narrator in that video but would probably have a burger with him.

#2 Hearthstone is so big that we couldn't avoid visual comparisons.

#3 Does this visually look like Hearthstone to anyone else?

#4 I've never played hearthstone and only have a rudimentary understanding of its mechanics but how close does this look like hearthstone mechanically?

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I'm still going to play the fuck out of it but personally would have preferred they rip off Gwent instead of Hearthstone.

Some other stuff on the website:

What is Elder Scrolls Legends?

A world in your hands

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I ACTUALLY WORKED ON THIS GAME WAYYYY BACK IN LIKE ALPHA on QA testing and feedback

... it's pretty Hearthstone. It did have a really cool story mode at the time tho that took you through like, a mini Elder Scrolls game. Not sure if it'll still be there, this was in 2014.

Ironically, every single feedback note everyone gave was, "This is too much like Hearthstone. Can you make it feel more like The Elder Scrolls, mechanically?"

Which tells you how much people actually listen, sometimes :\

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I ACTUALLY WORKED ON THIS GAME WAYYYY BACK IN LIKE ALPHA on QA testing and feedback

... it's pretty Hearthstone. It did have a really cool story mode at the time tho that took you through like, a mini Elder Scrolls game. Not sure if it'll still be there, this was in 2014.

Ironically, every single feedback note everyone gave was, "This is too much like Hearthstone. Can you make it feel more like The Elder Scrolls, mechanically?"

Thats unfortunate.

I wish I could say I feel bad about Bethesda getting so much pushback for trying to expand the brand (TES is huge, theres a lot of stuff you could do with the universe) but when your first two examples of it are a theme park MMO that people are kind of pissed about when they would rather just have multiplayer options in the mainline game and a shameless hearthstone knock off, they make it hard apparently.

But hey, ESO won me over in the end. I'm willing to give this a shot. They do mention the story mode is still there.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

Thats unfortunate.

I wish I could say I feel bad about Bethesda getting so much pushback for trying to expand the brand (TES is huge, theres a lot of stuff you could do with the universe) but when your first two examples of it are a theme park MMO that people are kind of pissed about when they would rather just have multiplayer options in the mainline game and a shameless hearthstone knock off, they make it hard apparently.

But hey, ESO won me over in the end. I'm willing to give this a shot. They do mention the story mode is still there.

TESO isn't very streamlined with the questing, which was my major criticism and barrier with trying to play it.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    TESO just didn't feel like anything when I was playing it. It could have been Everquest, or Guild Wars, or anything with a different coat of shellack. I was really disappointed overall, and I feel like I came in with low expectations, being a guy who has loved both Elder Scrolls and Warcraft.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Derrick wrote: »
    TESO just didn't feel like anything when I was playing it. It could have been Everquest, or Guild Wars, or anything with a different coat of shellack. I was really disappointed overall, and I feel like I came in with low expectations, being a guy who has loved both Elder Scrolls and Warcraft.

This is another valid point, and I agree with it.

But even then, it would still be playable..If the quest system wasn't so..hectic? Like, Just..the quests go all over and you have quests sending you to the other end of the region while you still have quests in the immediate area and it just leads to lots of wasted time running back and forth trying to do anything.

• Options
    Warcraft the point and click adventure was dropped, perhaps Bethesda should pick that up in the build-up to es 6?

• Options
    Anybody got any good names for a khajiit pirate?

I like "Salty Paws" but I'm still workshopping it.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular

Calico Jack!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Calico Jack!

img[

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited April 2016

no, but now yes.

i meant the actual pirate, calico jack rackham.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I figured, but the Octonauts are just so damn aggressively cute ...

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I figured, but the Octonauts are just so damn aggressively cute ...

they are, they are. that was one of my niece's favorite shows for a loooong time.

• Options

Calico Jack!

Captain Bartholomew

• Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Calico Jack!

Captain Bartholomew

Captain Henry Meowgan.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "You say you're nasty pirates,
    Scheming thieving bad bushwhackers?
    From what I've seen, I tell you:
    You're not pirates, you're just slackers!"

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    "hey, there's some new posts in the Elder Scrolls thread, wonder what that's about?"

This is my favorite thread of the day.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Dar'khe

A portmanteau of the Ta'agran words "dar", a verb meaning "to steal" that is also used as an honorific for thieves, and "da'khe", a noun meaning "water".

The fact that it sounds a little like the English word "dark" is just a happy coincidence.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I started an Orc character in Morrwind and every time I get close to someone they tell me how much they hate me and what a bad person I am and it's actually actively depressing and I think I have to stop and make a new character now.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    august wrote: »
    I started an Orc character in Morrwind and every time I get close to someone they tell me how much they hate me and what a bad person I am and it's actually actively depressing and I think I have to stop and make a new character now.

whats wrong, all those orcish muscles cant carry the weight of your feels?

:heartbeat:

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    No, don't give up who you are.
    Plus, most of those people are douchey dark elves

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    They're jerks to everyone. Even other dunmer.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular

You'll get that kind of thing from some people no matter what race you are. Many a guard has suffered from a fatal case of Smartmouth when commenting about my argonian character, for example.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    How people treat you in Morrowind is based on their disposition value. Starting disposition is based on your Personality stat, which is affected by race, but is also affected by gender, class, and birthsign. Later on in the game, NPC disposition will be affected by other factors, such as the factions you choose to join.

My Morrowind character was an Imperial Agent born under the sign of The Lady, so everyone pretty much worshipped me as soon as I got off of the boat.

• Options
    How people treat you in Morrowind is based on their disposition value. Starting disposition is based on your Personality stat, which is affected by race, but is also affected by gender, class, and birthsign. Later on in the game, NPC disposition will be affected by other factors, such as the factions you choose to join.

My Morrowind character was an Imperial Agent born under the sign of The Lady, so everyone pretty much worshipped me as soon as I got off of the boat.

n'wah

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAvuXbG9Zi0

Let's go you n'wah, let's do this!

• Options
    I hope character creation in the next game will actually matter again. Skyrim made it almost purely cosmetic. Being able to start the game with a big advantage in one particular playstyle is a great feeling. I think Fallout 4 did a much better job with character creation.

• Options
    I hope the next elder scrolls game lets you layer as in morrowind and fallout 4.

Biggest mistake of the series, imho.

Had a named dragon drop down on me, dragonrend and a legendary smithed dragon killing sword from a certain location and it was dead in under a minute.

I'm actually looking forward to triple dragon attacks to keep things lively.

Fuck sun dragons, though.

• Options
    Layer?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Layer?

Yeah, you had a layer of clothing, then the armor layer, then robes on top of that.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Oh equipment. Okay. Yeah, I miss that.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I want to come back to Skyrim, but i have some problem:

when i try to download any mod from Nexus while using Mod Organizer i just get "file not found" - any idea how can i fix that?

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »

You'll get that kind of thing from some people no matter what race you are. Many a guard has suffered from a fatal case of Smartmouth when commenting about my argonian character, for example.

You mean they committed suicide, per the Ankh-Morpork definition.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    I'm really liking the changes SPERG has made.

Anyone got any other suggestions for mods, for me?

• Options
    If you aren't already, you should probably be using a combat mod (my favourite is Deadly Combat) to balance out how much more powerful SPERG makes you.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    I'm really liking the changes SPERG has made.

Anyone got any other suggestions for mods, for me?

Realistic Water Two, Skyrim Flora Overhaul, Better Males, Bijin Wives / Warmaidens / NPCs, Interesting NPCs, INIGO, SkyUI.

• Options
    s5d5d8Z.jpg

Found this online and figured it should be shared.

• Options
    That is an impressive amount of dedication to the greatest god of the pantheon of nine.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    That's some noble work that is.

This discussion has been closed.