As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Monster Hunter] MH4U released! Go to new thread.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yah, I just checked and the last digit of my code was jumped forwards by one.
    I guess you could make the document read only and have people PM you to get their codes on their? But that seems a little cumbersome.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    TimFiji wrote: »
    Can I change anything to prevent this asshole from doing it?

people can right click the entry field and click "protect range" and make it so only them and the owner can edit. I think you may have to be logged in to do so, not sure though. I think this works, but haven't really used google spreads much.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    Can I change anything to prevent this asshole from doing it?

people can right click the entry field and click "protect range" and make it so only them and the owner can edit. I think you may have to be logged in to do so, not sure though. I think this works, but haven't really used google spreads much.

Ooh, so you can, that's much more convenient.

Dignified Pauper
  • CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Re: gluegloppers, I went to the steppe to catch them. They're in areas 1 and 9.

• RendRend Registered User regular
    So I'm a newb to MH (played a bit in 3u but only a few hours). I experienced multiplayer for the first time last night with @Stationary and @TehSloth and it was a blast. That really is what stuff is all about, isn't it?

Also I'm maining the hunting horn, but I'm still working on being able to actually do damage while buffing with it. I can do it in single player, but single player is significantly easier than multiplayer.

• KhezKhez Registered User regular
    So how do I go about adding my friend code now that the doc is locked? Been having fun with this game.

76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Hey, about the spreadsheet...

I think it happened automatically when the "Hunter's Name" column was added, for some stupid reason. Looking back at the revision history, that's when my number changed.

The good news is that nobody did this intentionally. The bad news is that EVERYONE'S code (from Farangu up) was affected.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    My friend code is in my Sig. I'll edit later.

PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • ogretzogretz Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Hey, about the spreadsheet...

I think it happened automatically when the "Hunter's Name" column was added, for some stupid reason. Looking back at the revision history, that's when my number changed.

The good news is that nobody did this intentionally. The bad news is that EVERYONE'S code (from Farangu up) was affected.

Makes sense, when you add a row or column in excel it auto-adjusts formulas. So if a code you are trying to add doesn't work, just try lowering the final number 1 digit.

ogretz on
    friend code: 2165-5516-7098
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I didn't think these were formulas though as they were started with "="

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • ogretzogretz Registered User regular
      edited February 2015
      Maybe it was due to the format of the textbox, listed as number instead of general? Formula may just be assumed in the program because of the "-" signs, I don't use google docs much so can't say.

EDIT: also I'm adding a HR column so people can see others at or near their HR if that is what they are looking for.

ogretz on
      friend code: 2165-5516-7098
    • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
      I corrected mine on the list. It seems that the entries below mine are okay, but everyone should double check their entry just to be sure.
      Vyolynce wrote: »
      Man, you want to know the difference between a MH newb and a veteran?

First MH4U capture quest (Gendrome)? Aced it in 3:34, first shot.

My first capture quest in MH3U was not as efficient. Or successful.
      Yeah, I know the feeling. I'm currently solo'ing my way through the beginning village content. Congalala was my first brickwall when I played Monster Hunter Freedom 2. I effortlessly dismantled him with a Light Bowgun and a stack of Normal 2s, which put him into capture range. I know a guy who never got past Congalala in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. :-P

I'm loving everything about the kitties. It's all the best stuff from Monster Hunter Portable 3, including cute little outfits. Shakalakas can go fuck themselves.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
      fRAWRst
    • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
      I on the other hand am rather missing the 'lakas already. The constant bad cat wordplay and the incessant meowing (which is pronounced enough to make my entire family ask me to put on headphones while playing) are more of a bother than Cha-Cha and Kayamba's antics and tribal voices.

The Ace Palico you get at the beginning, at least, does do things, which makes him neater - that thing with the Gore Magala is the kind of thing I want a Cha-Cha replacement to do. The rest of the palicos are just meat slabs to man the various minigames.

In other news, wondering about getting a new armor to replace Tetsu now that I have enough kitchen levels to be able to rely on some health buffs. But none of what I have available up to now really calls my attention, it's either meh or ugly (Najarala armor looks to be pretty handy, but holy crap you look like a rainbow brite :P)

Steam ID: Right here.
    • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
      edited February 2015
      I didn't think these were formulas though as they were started with "="

Turn it into a form and make the main sheet read only. That way people can only add data.

I had a lot of problems with people messing with the gw2 data way back when.

so I say go read only, make a form and then have people re enter if their data is wrong. You can go through and delete broken original entries.

Once you make a form send me a link to the form and I will add it to the OP.

Sound like a plan, @TimFiji ?

Seidkona on
      Mostly just huntin' monsters.
      XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
      TimFiji
      The cat puns are amazing. The cat noises are something I dearly wish could be muted.

I did some quick messing around in online to see how it works, pretty well as it turns out, I like how you can just jump into a friends lobby from the bottom screen, otherwise it's just good old fashioned multiplayer except I can do it whilst sat in bed.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
      Now that I've learned to let go of always chasing level 3 charges, and to be satisfied with just getting a good draw cut, I'm loving the great sword.

I mean, when you get a knock down or the KO and get to do the full charge combo it's amazing, but realizing that most of the fight just landing basic hits is fine made the weapon way more enjoyable.

I'll do this when I am back from the store!

edited February 2015
        TimFiji on
          Seidkona
        • Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
          Updated. Also... I hate when I get close to capture something and then my cat kills it.

PSN: DignifiedPauper
          3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
        • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
          I added my info to the new list... but it doesn't seem to be sorting correctly? My name was on top, but my friend code was second from the top?

Steam: No Safety In Life
          PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
          I think I fixed it?

Dignified Pauper
            I think I accidentally clicked on the column so it sorted it

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
              Is this a brand new form, or is the data from the spreadsheet carried over?

Farangu wrote: »
              Is this a brand new form, or is the data from the spreadsheet carried over?

New form with a read only result

edited February 2015
                Cool, added myself. I'll go through and send friend requests out to everyone once the list fills out some.

Inquisitor on
              • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
                Affinity is +25% raw when crits proc, correct? (or -25% for negative affinity weapons)

Steam: Polaritie
                3DS: 0473-8507-2652
                Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
                PSN: AbEntropy
                  Vyolynce
                • IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
                  edited February 2015
                  Edit: Hah! Hunters think alike

IceBurner on
                  3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
                  PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
                  Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
                • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
                  Man that second feline is a total game changer. Like fights against the gross monkey went from "damn it where was that deoderant" to "DIE MONKEY DIE WITH THE DYING!!"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
                • DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
                  edited February 2015
                  I fixed my FC in the spread sheet. Glad to hear this was some kind of bug or accident.

Also - dis game you guys! SO GOOD!!

*Added myself to the new list thing. Cool idea.

DarkMecha on
                  Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
                • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
                  Using the send all thing in game for guild cards or friend list won't do it for people that are already added, right?

Frosteey wrote: »
                  Using the send all thing in game for guild cards or friend list won't do it for people that are already added, right?

fact

Preacher wrote: »
                    Man that second feline is a total game changer. Like fights against the gross monkey went from "damn it where was that deoderant" to "DIE MONKEY DIE WITH THE DYING!!"

Wait, how do you get a second cat?

Inquisitor wrote: »

Cheeko Sands, you'll get a mission.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
                    Inquisitor wrote: »

Yeah cheeko sands 3rd area single player, that opens up cat recruitment.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
                  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
                    edited February 2015
                    How does online work in this game? Can I join other peoples' high-rank quests, or do I need to grind out low-rank before I'm eligible?

Wyvern on
                    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
                    Cool! I've mostly been doing multi so I am not very far yet in singleplayer, just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed getting a second cat.

Zinogre continues being super fun to fight. A pity the Zinogre armor is so terrible - I would enjoy farming this fight.

edited February 2015
                    Drascin wrote: »
                    Zinogre continues being super fun to fight. A pity the Zinogre armor is so terrible - I would enjoy farming this fight.

Zinogre weapons hold up at least it seems. Also, they changed the HBG model. It's no longer silly motorcycle chassis.

Edit: I broke down, I'm back to SnS. And things are just melting for me again. Charge Blade I'll probably use once I can practice its guard points some more, and placing explosions.

Polaritie on
                    Polaritie wrote: »
                    Drascin wrote: »

Zinogre weapons hold up at least it seems. Also, they changed the HBG model. It's no longer silly motorcycle chassis.

And I just unlocked Tigrex, my nightmare from Unite that I only could deal with by using a Lance.

WELP, look at the time, it sure looks like it's a good moment to go get myself a Zinogre Lance!