Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Hospitals and Long Term Treatment: Chronic illness thread for the repeat customers part 2

12729313233

Posts

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Transdermal patches don't work because Fentayl just...doesn't work for some reason. I haven't got a DNA test to prove it, just that the last couple times they gave it to me IV they might as well have given me sugar water. It's not uncommon to have one of the big three just...not work, it's just weird that two out of three do this.

    Oh, and I'm allergic to Demerol. Just straight up allergic to it, no middle ground there.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I have a cold from PAX. It's my nature to understate how awful I feel while simultaneously feeling like a big whiny fake. This just sucks. And my lower abdomen is still causing random bouts of pain and discomfort. I'm just so fucking tired

  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    After fighting off cancer 2 times for 2 years in a row my mum got diagnosed with cancer again

    Fucking cancer man my poor mother

    Your browser does not support HTML5 video! https://i.imgur.com/4qSz5kf.gifv

    cabsySorcelonelyahavachrishallett83Slacker71Caulk Bite 6pookaICUbNightDragonbowenDoctorArchSkeithCreagantynicCalicaPhoenix-DRobonunGnome-InterruptusLabelMagic PinkMrGrimoire
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Well, looks like I am going to be transferred from this local ER to Nashville for some semi-emergent surgery (the CT scan here says I have a blockage caused by a stricture)

    Whoooooooips dot jpeg

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Or not be transferred. Looks like we're just going to drive up as someone dropped the ball on what is and isn't allowed, sooooo we wasted 8 hours more in the ER getting nothing accomplished

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    i know it's gotta be demoralizing and exhausting to deal with, but i appreciate y'all giving us updates on your situations.

    gives knowledge and solidarity to those who need it, but i am also just glad to hear from you guys.

    lfchwLd.jpg
    cabsyCreaganI ZimbraMunkus BeaverSlacker71Calicachrishallett83knitdanDisruptedCapitalistGnome-InterruptusLabelAngelinaMagic Pink
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Someone is looking out for me.

    Cause after being told that we would have to wait for six hours again if we didn't take an ambulance to the Vandy ER (2.5 hours away) I was able to get out in an ER room within 30 minutes of arriving.

    Thank God.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    SorceMetalbournechrishallett83pookaknitdanCaulk Bite 6cabsyGnome-InterruptusLabelAngelina
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne She and Her ProunounsRegistered User regular
    I found out my diagnosis today: major depression with psychotic tendencies.

    which, yeah, seems about right. So,

    1. I will wear the label "Psychotic" as a badge of honor, thank you very much.
    2. I was heading home one day and saw a "no skateboarding" sign, and as I glanced at it, this voice just screams, "no SNAPE boarding!"
    3. which immediately brought to mind an image of Alan Rickman doing a sick kick flip while wearing Snape's black robes.
    4. I giggled, told a friend, and then forgot about it until I saw this picture

    skateboard-baby-stroller-that-comes-with-brakes-and-handlebars-for-4425043.png

    Now I can't stop laughing so hard that I'm crying.

    Thank you voice in my head, you and I are going to get along just fine

    chrishallett83SkeithknitdanSorceCaulk Bite 6cabsyAnialosSlacker71DisruptedCapitalistCalicaGnome-InterruptusAngelinaBlameless ClericDark Raven X
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ulcerations and inflammation are in my intestines, not a blockage or a stricture.

    Remember: the Alabama hospital said it was a stricture and that I would need surgery which is why we came to Vandy.

    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha fuck me running.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    DevoutlyApatheticSlacker71cabsyCaulk Bite 6chrishallett83SkeithI ZimbraLabelAngelina
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited February 13
    at the ER with lower abdominal pain at an eight (crying uncontrollably without yelling? the fuck even is a pain scale) it's insanely busy and I'm still in the waiting room after an hour and it sucks and I'm scared to death and I'm so tired

    finally actually in a bed, now comes waiting: stage two

    cabsy on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Ugh :bro:

    I hate the pain scale. It is so subjective and so heavily swayed by your own experiences. I've had pain that pushed me to briefly blackout. That's my 10. If I'd never been that sick my 10 would be so much lower and there is no way any given nurse is going to know my history. So what kind of evaluation tool is that?

    Gnome-InterruptuscabsyCalicaCaulk Bite 6MadEddy
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I have very seriously told my husband that I wanted to be allowed to kill myself before because of pain, so that's my ten. But yeah it's all ridiculous. I have a 4.5x2.5 cm ovarian cyst which "may or may not" be the cause of my pain, but CT with dye shows my intestines are well healed and clear, so that's good news

  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    OK and then I reviewed my test results and I have an increased inflammation level and my white blood cell count is elevated but I guess they weren't concerned about that? I emailed my surgeon to ask him to check out my tests since last time I went to the ER they said I had diverticulosis and would be fine

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ugh :bro:

    I hate the pain scale. It is so subjective and so heavily swayed by your own experiences. I've had pain that pushed me to briefly blackout. That's my 10. If I'd never been that sick my 10 would be so much lower and there is no way any given nurse is going to know my history. So what kind of evaluation tool is that?

    Which is why I use the "modified pain scaled." Which is based on how badly I need relief, not "is this the worst thing I have ever felt?"

    I also tell people who are involved with my pain treatment about the top 3 or 4 most painful experiences of my life in order to get the pain scale properly adjusted :whistle:

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    cabsyMadEddy
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So there was and ulcer and inflammation in my intestines.

    Buuuuuuut there was no granulation tissue in the biopsy, so they are saying Crohns wasn't responsible for it this time.

    The. Fuck?

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
  • knitdanknitdan Pretty Spry For a Fat GuyRegistered User regular
    #That'sOurMunkus

    Fallen London: Joe Cusick
    ButlerSlacker71CreaganSorceCaulk Bite 6RobonunSkeithcabsyCalicachrishallett83MadEddyDark Raven X
  • LabelLabel Registered User regular
    munkus you have the worst superpowers

    CreaganknitdanMetalbourneSorceCaulk Bite 6Slacker71Calicachrishallett83MadEddyDisruptedCapitalist
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Label wrote: »
    munkus you have the worst superpowers

    I am essentially Real World Wolverine. Overpowered immune system and chops that could kill a moose.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    I ZimbraMagic PinkCalica
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited February 15
    Ugh :bro:

    I hate the pain scale. It is so subjective and so heavily swayed by your own experiences. I've had pain that pushed me to briefly blackout. That's my 10. If I'd never been that sick my 10 would be so much lower and there is no way any given nurse is going to know my history. So what kind of evaluation tool is that?

    As a nurse, the only aspect of the painscale we care about is the trend. Is it getting better or worse? The number helps with that when people report appropriately. When people do "it's still a 10 but it's less than my previous 10" that doesn't help at all. Because when I leave and the chart reads 10/10 for the past 24 hours despite medication, well, we can stop giving pain medication I guess, and we have no way of knowing of how things are progressing.

    It's a heavily flawed evaluation tool for the most part though, but it's the best we have in regards to pain.

    TheStig on
    the-place-beyond-the-pines-03_thumb_zps3d4e0ec7.jpg
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStigCFN: Stiggles
  • BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Ugh :bro:

    I hate the pain scale. It is so subjective and so heavily swayed by your own experiences. I've had pain that pushed me to briefly blackout. That's my 10. If I'd never been that sick my 10 would be so much lower and there is no way any given nurse is going to know my history. So what kind of evaluation tool is that?

    As a nurse, the only aspect of the painscale we care about is the trend. Is it getting better or worse? The number helps with that when people report appropriately. When people do "it's still a 10 but it's less than my previous 10" that doesn't help at all. Because when I leave and the chart reads 10/10 for the past 24 hours despite medication, well, we can stop giving pain medication I guess, and we have no way of knowing of how things are progressing.

    It's a heavily flawed evaluation tool for the most part though, but it's the best we have in regards to pain.

    To add on to that, I've got a lot of nerve damage in my left arm and upper torso, and during a flare up the pain is all I can think about. It prevents me from being able to sleep, eat, take care of myself, etc. The longer it goes unchecked the more it will hurt. So in many nurses and doctors opinion, that's a 10.

    But I've also broken bones, some very badly. That kind of pain is a 10/10 to me, because I'll be screaming maybe, or sometimes I'll pass out. Acute pain from major trauma like that feels worse, but in my mind I know it's temporary, even if my shin bone is sticking out of the front of my leg.

    My nerve pain doesn't feel like that, but it hurts like hell. You won't see me screaming and writhing around during a flare up, because that makes me feel worse. I generally try to do my breathing exercises and stay as calm as I can. I think the worst part about it is the mental aspect; I know that if I can't get the pain down to a reasonable level, I'm going to get worse. It's never just relented for me out of nowhere after a flare. So that's a 10/10 too, but I try to make the distinction clear to the people helping me. They usually get it.

    PSN: thewheelz
  • I ZimbraI Zimbra Registered User regular
    So, my fiancee got a CT scan last week and we discovered that part of the wire in her knee is fractured, so that's all got to come out. Which will mean several more months off work for recovery after the surgery, which probably won't happen until May at the soonest. Plus worker's comp doesn't want to pay her anymore because they don't feel like this is related to the injury at work. Plus her work is looking for any reason to fire her since she's missed so much time the past few years, although the lawsuit and EEOC complaint we filed against them probably aren't helping. PLUS we're trying to plan a wedding, which is pretty darn hard when her health and job are up in the air.

    The silver lining is that with all the weight I'm losing from stress, I look great!

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Ugh :bro:

    I hate the pain scale. It is so subjective and so heavily swayed by your own experiences. I've had pain that pushed me to briefly blackout. That's my 10. If I'd never been that sick my 10 would be so much lower and there is no way any given nurse is going to know my history. So what kind of evaluation tool is that?

    As a nurse, the only aspect of the painscale we care about is the trend. Is it getting better or worse? The number helps with that when people report appropriately. When people do "it's still a 10 but it's less than my previous 10" that doesn't help at all. Because when I leave and the chart reads 10/10 for the past 24 hours despite medication, well, we can stop giving pain medication I guess, and we have no way of knowing of how things are progressing.

    It's a heavily flawed evaluation tool for the most part though, but it's the best we have in regards to pain.

    Here's how I have adapted to it.

    10 is where you are in so much pain you are crying or cannot even react appropriately. This is the only level where "What's your pain score?" is a stupid question to ask.

    9 is intense sharp pain that is ludicrous to even deal with. Often when you have this pain score you sound like a contrite German: "NEIN NEIN NEIN!" Whereas 10 is the pain that is so outwardly obvious that it needs no introduction, 9 is super intense but still needs a hype man.

    This leaves 1-8 as the actual operative pain score. Well, 6-8 because 1-5 is basically worthless. Anything 5 and lower means "Walk it off you baby."

    6 is baseline "I am in a fair amount of pain and need some help"
    7 is "My pain is exacerbated and I am really in trouble."
    8 is "My pain is intense and out of control and I cannot continue at this rate."

    That's how I have been operating for the past few years. It took me a while to develop this system. Hell, when I was 17 every time I went to the ER I would say I was in a 6 amount of pain because I was comparing it to my most painful experiences at that time, which was faulty. Nowadays, I would have called that same pain a 7 or an 8.

    If I am in enough pain to go to the ER, I usually just call my pain a 7 regardless (unless it's a 9 or a 10). This allows me the wiggle room to go up to an 8 or down to a 6 as needed.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne She and Her ProunounsRegistered User regular
    edited February 16
    I keep getting robocalls from "a clinic" because of "a referral from the VA" and after I "press 1 to make an appointment" I'm greeted by a call center worker who demands my information and cannot give any information of their own until I do. I mean I'm familiar with HIPAA bullshit but it's like, if you can't identify yourself or even what your "clinic" does without getting my sensitive info, fuck you, man.

    Oh and, yeah, I checked with my case manager at the VA and while there were no referrals other than for voice lessons (which I've already made the appointment for), my case worker said that if I gave her the number, she would make the appointment for me.

    I need to fire my fucking case manager.

    Metalbourne on
  • bowenbowen ayyyyyyyy Registered User regular
    Yeah HIPAA protects your information, not theirs. There's no reason they can't identify who they are, probably a scam.

    Warning: I am a programmer/sysop. IANAL/IANAD, seek actual advice from certified people in their respective fields if you are actually in need of it.
    cabsyCalicachrishallett83Caulk Bite 6SorceAnialosMrGrimoirePhoenix-DSlacker71MadEddy
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I mean they're not supposed to identify the clinic if it's something sensitive but all they should need is like one piece of info to tell you who they are. like part of your address or birthday, not everything

    bowen
  • bowenbowen ayyyyyyyy Registered User regular
    "please give me your social security number"

    Warning: I am a programmer/sysop. IANAL/IANAD, seek actual advice from certified people in their respective fields if you are actually in need of it.
    cabsyKwoaruchrishallett83Caulk Bite 6MadEddy
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne She and Her ProunounsRegistered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    I mean they're not supposed to identify the clinic if it's something sensitive but all they should need is like one piece of info to tell you who they are. like part of your address or birthday, not everything

    First off, if it's legit, there's nothing it could possibly be. My doctor hasn't sent out any other referrals. Like, this is just a clinic contacting me out of the blue to make an appointment and are unable to tell me for what. All of my medical needs are currently being met, so I'm naturally suspicious as fuck.

    chrishallett83Caulk Bite 6cabsylonelyahava
  • BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Ugh :bro:

    I hate the pain scale. It is so subjective and so heavily swayed by your own experiences. I've had pain that pushed me to briefly blackout. That's my 10. If I'd never been that sick my 10 would be so much lower and there is no way any given nurse is going to know my history. So what kind of evaluation tool is that?

    As a nurse, the only aspect of the painscale we care about is the trend. Is it getting better or worse? The number helps with that when people report appropriately. When people do "it's still a 10 but it's less than my previous 10" that doesn't help at all. Because when I leave and the chart reads 10/10 for the past 24 hours despite medication, well, we can stop giving pain medication I guess, and we have no way of knowing of how things are progressing.

    It's a heavily flawed evaluation tool for the most part though, but it's the best we have in regards to pain.

    Here's how I have adapted to it.

    10 is where you are in so much pain you are crying or cannot even react appropriately. This is the only level where "What's your pain score?" is a stupid question to ask.

    9 is intense sharp pain that is ludicrous to even deal with. Often when you have this pain score you sound like a contrite German: "NEIN NEIN NEIN!" Whereas 10 is the pain that is so outwardly obvious that it needs no introduction, 9 is super intense but still needs a hype man.

    This leaves 1-8 as the actual operative pain score. Well, 6-8 because 1-5 is basically worthless. Anything 5 and lower means "Walk it off you baby."

    6 is baseline "I am in a fair amount of pain and need some help"
    7 is "My pain is exacerbated and I am really in trouble."
    8 is "My pain is intense and out of control and I cannot continue at this rate."

    That's how I have been operating for the past few years. It took me a while to develop this system. Hell, when I was 17 every time I went to the ER I would say I was in a 6 amount of pain because I was comparing it to my most painful experiences at that time, which was faulty. Nowadays, I would have called that same pain a 7 or an 8.

    If I am in enough pain to go to the ER, I usually just call my pain a 7 regardless (unless it's a 9 or a 10). This allows me the wiggle room to go up to an 8 or down to a 6 as needed.

    I have the regular 1-9, and then I have 9.1 through 10. If I'm going to an ER for pain control, it's because I can't function due to pain. It kills my appetite, I can't sleep, I can't do anything but lay there. I've got a 2-year old, so the last thing my wife needs is to be taking care of her and constantly checking on me. My home meds won't touch it, and the longer it goes on, the worse it gets, and the longer it will take to get me back to an acceptable pain level. That, to me, is a 9. If I'm at a 9, I need to be in the hospital.

    The decimals help me describe the severity of that 9 level pain, and helps the doctors understand that sometimes progress is being made, but I can't go home yet because I know I'll just be back in their ER within 24 hours when it inevitably gets worse. If I'm down to an 8 or 7, that's my normal. Which sucks, but I can deal with that.

    10s are reserved for broken limbs and bullet wounds.

    PSN: thewheelz
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    I mean they're not supposed to identify the clinic if it's something sensitive but all they should need is like one piece of info to tell you who they are. like part of your address or birthday, not everything

    First off, if it's legit, there's nothing it could possibly be. My doctor hasn't sent out any other referrals. Like, this is just a clinic contacting me out of the blue to make an appointment and are unable to tell me for what. All of my medical needs are currently being met, so I'm naturally suspicious as fuck.

    right I just wanted to be clear cause like, Planned Parenthood and shit, they need permission to call and they need additional permission to identify where they're calling from, so unless you specifically tell them that they can tell anyone who answers the phone that they're calling from PP they will refuse to answer

    however it shouldn't be like what's happening to you... just didn't want ppl to think what bowen was saying is 100 all the time true. you are right to be suspicious about it

    Metalbourne
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Bubs wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »
    Ugh :bro:

    I hate the pain scale. It is so subjective and so heavily swayed by your own experiences. I've had pain that pushed me to briefly blackout. That's my 10. If I'd never been that sick my 10 would be so much lower and there is no way any given nurse is going to know my history. So what kind of evaluation tool is that?

    As a nurse, the only aspect of the painscale we care about is the trend. Is it getting better or worse? The number helps with that when people report appropriately. When people do "it's still a 10 but it's less than my previous 10" that doesn't help at all. Because when I leave and the chart reads 10/10 for the past 24 hours despite medication, well, we can stop giving pain medication I guess, and we have no way of knowing of how things are progressing.

    It's a heavily flawed evaluation tool for the most part though, but it's the best we have in regards to pain.

    Here's how I have adapted to it.

    10 is where you are in so much pain you are crying or cannot even react appropriately. This is the only level where "What's your pain score?" is a stupid question to ask.

    9 is intense sharp pain that is ludicrous to even deal with. Often when you have this pain score you sound like a contrite German: "NEIN NEIN NEIN!" Whereas 10 is the pain that is so outwardly obvious that it needs no introduction, 9 is super intense but still needs a hype man.

    This leaves 1-8 as the actual operative pain score. Well, 6-8 because 1-5 is basically worthless. Anything 5 and lower means "Walk it off you baby."

    6 is baseline "I am in a fair amount of pain and need some help"
    7 is "My pain is exacerbated and I am really in trouble."
    8 is "My pain is intense and out of control and I cannot continue at this rate."

    That's how I have been operating for the past few years. It took me a while to develop this system. Hell, when I was 17 every time I went to the ER I would say I was in a 6 amount of pain because I was comparing it to my most painful experiences at that time, which was faulty. Nowadays, I would have called that same pain a 7 or an 8.

    If I am in enough pain to go to the ER, I usually just call my pain a 7 regardless (unless it's a 9 or a 10). This allows me the wiggle room to go up to an 8 or down to a 6 as needed.

    I have the regular 1-9, and then I have 9.1 through 10. If I'm going to an ER for pain control, it's because I can't function due to pain. It kills my appetite, I can't sleep, I can't do anything but lay there. I've got a 2-year old, so the last thing my wife needs is to be taking care of her and constantly checking on me. My home meds won't touch it, and the longer it goes on, the worse it gets, and the longer it will take to get me back to an acceptable pain level. That, to me, is a 9. If I'm at a 9, I need to be in the hospital.

    The decimals help me describe the severity of that 9 level pain, and helps the doctors understand that sometimes progress is being made, but I can't go home yet because I know I'll just be back in their ER within 24 hours when it inevitably gets worse. If I'm down to an 8 or 7, that's my normal. Which sucks, but I can deal with that.

    10s are reserved for broken limbs and bullet wounds.

    Sorry to say, ERs don't do fractions. Well, depending on, of course, but most places I've been at have electronic systems in place now that require whole numbers to be put into the computer in order for it to be accepted by the computer.

    If it's being written on the board or via hardcopy, that's another story. And sometimes (most of the time) the nurse will just erase the decimal spot from their entry into the computer while listening to what you say.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 17
    cabsy wrote: »
    cabsy wrote: »
    I mean they're not supposed to identify the clinic if it's something sensitive but all they should need is like one piece of info to tell you who they are. like part of your address or birthday, not everything

    First off, if it's legit, there's nothing it could possibly be. My doctor hasn't sent out any other referrals. Like, this is just a clinic contacting me out of the blue to make an appointment and are unable to tell me for what. All of my medical needs are currently being met, so I'm naturally suspicious as fuck.

    right I just wanted to be clear cause like, Planned Parenthood and shit, they need permission to call and they need additional permission to identify where they're calling from, so unless you specifically tell them that they can tell anyone who answers the phone that they're calling from PP they will refuse to answer

    however it shouldn't be like what's happening to you... just didn't want ppl to think what bowen was saying is 100 all the time true. you are right to be suspicious about it

    You are describing a case where you are expecting a call that you set up where some minor identifying information will be asked by a person you have likely interacted with before.

    And not like, an unexpected robocall out of the blue demanding you self-identify before you get the hot deets of what they be sellin'

    Munkus Beaver on
    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Caulk Bite 6
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    New MRI from last weekend is the first done during a relatively pain free period, and instead of showing a bulge like all the others, shows a posterior annular tear on the L5-S1 So for years now looks like what's been happening is reopening the tear, fluid leaks causing a bulge, scars over and then tears open again, rinse and repeat. So might be looking at a disc replacement but still have a bunch of other tests ahead.

    hCpR4ri.jpg
    Steam: weavermatic xbox: weavermatico
    chrishallett83
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    Well I'm not gonna awesome that, but I'm glad it looks like you may have found the root problem.

    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. Now updated to be accurate for the Summer Sale! Again!
    cabsySlacker71SkeithCimmeriiCaulk Bite 6MadEddyCalicapookabowenGnome-InterruptusMrGrimoire
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Disc fluid is also basically caustic(irritates them to hell) to nerves, which explains problems down my leg. Also it showed a 7cm renal cyst that the report lists as presumed benign.

    hCpR4ri.jpg
    Steam: weavermatic xbox: weavermatico
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular
    ^That awesome isn't like "hooray, pain!", it is "hooray, hopefully with a better diagnosis a solution and and end is in sight!"

    terriblepostsigpic.jpg
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    soooo, therapist is reasonably confident in saying i may have mild to moderate ADHD, likely inattentive, but suggests --especially if i want to consider medication-- taking the 3-hour battery of tests with a neuropsychologist since i got that good insurance right now. but she also seems reluctant to make that assertion in my records because pre-existing condition, yo.

    what am i getting myself into?
    (on the other hand, there's a whole lot that seems familiar and it is a release to think i'm not just a misfit toy)

    lfchwLd.jpg
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    a lot of people are also hesitant to put that recommendation on paper because it can lead to a lot of scrutiny especially if God forbid you ended up being ~drug seeking~ or a dealer they don't want to be the official source of a DX

    I'm glad you found that out about yourself! it's a big relief to feel like you're not just somehow "weird"

  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    yeah, just ordered "Smart But Scattered" on her recommendation. i should bring this up to the psych nurse on my next visit, but i am still kinda getting used to the idea of being on fluoxetine; i am so the opposite of drug-seeking, but i am at a point again where i want to get to the root of my issues, and if it takes a low dose of Vyvanse or the like...

    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I will say that I had gone for a recent record of the past few years of 80ish whole days without a hospitalization before my last one. And then I got hospitalized by something that I had literally never encountered before in my entire tenure as a Chronic Illness individual.

    I don't know what encompasses what it's like to live with a Chronic Disease and try to recover more than that, to be honest.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    cabsy
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    colonoscopy and endoscopy on Monday, gastroenterologist says my celiac results from a few years ago are so vague as to be useless, wants to retest for that too

    I know that it isn't a personal failing I couldn't finish my dual major and dropped down to just psych, but that hasn't stopped me from crying and feeling like shit about all that time and money

Sign In or Register to comment.