As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV]I've Already Consumed The Required Calories For This Day Period

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    I'M WATCHIN' MY INTERRUPTIONS

@Penguin Incarnate IS ON THIS ONE

"A Symbol For Bitches" Would Be A Good Title For A Movie
    Crossover time! James Kislingbury from A Quality Interruption swings by to talk Wolf Hall, The Vampire Diaries and Alias! There's some great roleplay about Fred Bond, we come to realisations that we might be morons, Genevieve yells some stuff off-mic, it's great.

Download: http://imwatchinmystories.libsyn.com/a-symbol-for-bitches-would-be-a-good-title-for-a-movie

this one is pretty good

I am disappointed with the lack of vampire and/or diaries on this episode of the podcast. I did quite enjoy the retrospective on the show Alias, I love that show!

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

Crossover time! James Kislingbury from A Quality Interruption swings by to talk Wolf Hall, The Vampire Diaries and Alias! There's some great roleplay about Fred Bond, we come to realisations that we might be morons, Genevieve yells some stuff off-mic, it's great.

Download: http://imwatchinmystories.libsyn.com/a-symbol-for-bitches-would-be-a-good-title-for-a-movie

this one is pretty good

I am disappointed with the lack of vampire and/or diaries on this episode of the podcast. I did quite enjoy the retrospective on the show Alias, I love that show!

there is totally Vampire Diaries, Devlin

I do not take my responsibilities to you lightly

it's before the Alias break

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular

this one is pretty good

[Mock outrage] 3 mins quick recap does not satisfy my thirst for all thing Vampire Diaries!

No but in all fairness I really liked this episode of the Podcaste.

I've been meaning to ask, is there anyway we, the listeners, can get a list of what you plan to cover on your next episode so, for those of us interested, we can look at some of those shows as well.

I ended up stopping the Friday Night Lights so I could at least watch the pilot. And then blew through 7 episodes before I finished the podcast episode.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

this one is pretty good

[Mock outrage] 3 mins quick recap does not satisfy my thirst for all thing Vampire Diaries!

No but in all fairness I really liked this episode of the Podcaste.

I've been meaning to ask, is there anyway we, the listeners, can get a list of what you plan to cover on your next episode so, for those of us interested, we can look at some of those shows as well.

I ended up stopping the Friday Night Lights so I could at least watch the pilot. And then blew through 7 episodes before I finished the podcast episode.

I used to talk about what we would cover

I'll look into that again if you want

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'm finally getting around to watching the last season of true blood.

Alcide just died :(

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TRDCsq5rM4
    Jon Stewart's final Daily Show will be August 6th

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Well

Every character other than Peggy

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Starting season 4 of Mad Men and ugh, Glen is back.

Also, Megan has a very unassuming introduction to the show. Her entire first episode she's just a secretary in the background, filling out space.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Catching up on Last Week Tonight and oh christ this undercover shooting incident took place in my hometown and oh no what the fuck

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Hey remember that story about a new season of Full House on Netflix called Fuller House that sounded fake at best, super stupid at worst

It just got officially announced

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i just started season 4 of mad men as well
    peggy changed a lot over those few months

i get it, it's character development

she was... sort of the only character i cared about though? i can't have her be a soulless capitalist worker drone like all the rest

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

That was bullshit because he had just saved Sookie's life and could have died doing a courageous act but instead he just gets shot.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

That was bullshit because he had just saved Sookie's life and could have died doing a courageous act but instead he just gets shot.

And not even shot by anyone important!
    There were two shooters, one of them the camera didn't glance over, and the other I didn't even remember his name!

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    for a while before I saw the show, I thought Unbreakable kimmy Schmidt was the full house spinoff

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

If they don't investigate the Tanner family curse with this set up I'll be disapointed

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Early mad men thoughts so far
    -Peggy is the only one of these people who seems worth rooting for so far, but based on the snippets I've caught here and there I'm under the impression that's going to change

-oh wait Betty and Helen are also people to root for

-fuck eeeeeeeeveryone else though. They're all terrible

-Don getting to hear all of the psychiatrist's notes on his wife is maybe the most horrified a TV show has ever made me. That can't possibly have been an acceptable or even doable thing even back then, right?

-so I guess don tricked his family into thinking he died in, I assume Korea?

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    John Krasinsky and Anna Kendrick on Lip Synch Battle is SO GOOD

Is this a thing I should be watching?

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular

YES

SWEET MONKEY JEBUS YES

On a more serious note: YES dammit.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Early mad men thoughts so far
    -Peggy is the only one of these people who seems worth rooting for so far, but based on the snippets I've caught here and there I'm under the impression that's going to change

-oh wait Betty and Helen are also people to root for

-fuck eeeeeeeeveryone else though. They're all terrible

-Don getting to hear all of the psychiatrist's notes on his wife is maybe the most horrified a TV show has ever made me. That can't possibly have been an acceptable or even doable thing even back then, right?

-so I guess don tricked his family into thinking he died in, I assume Korea?

dude in the fifties the way you gave birth was that doctors gave you a drug that was basically rufies to make you forget the entire experience, then tied you down with cloth straps while you basically went beserk during active labor. Women would be committed for being "hysterical."

like, yeah that was how things were.

Langly on
  • Options
    I think the best scene of like, just kind of a surprising "oh this is the 60s" is when they're on a family picnic and they get up to leave and they just pick up the blanket and kind of whip it to throw all of the trash off of it and then they jet.

• Options
    I mean was patient doctor confidentiality just not even a thing

Or was it just not a thing for women

Or maybe just not a thing for psychiatrists?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Absolutely.

This week is Mike Tyson vs Terry Crews

• Options

with psychiatry but I would say also with doctors in general, depending on the doctor.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »

with psychiatry but I would say also with doctors in general, depending on the doctor.

HIPAA didn't exist until 1996

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I think the best scene of like, just kind of a surprising "oh this is the 60s" is when they're on a family picnic and they get up to leave and they just pick up the blanket and kind of whip it to throw all of the trash off of it and then they jet.

So far it feels like some of those references are a bit uh

Heavy handed

The worst was in episode one when dons like "ITS NOT LIKE THERES SOME KIND OF MAGICAL MACHINE THAT CAN MAKE PERFECT COPIES OF THINGS"

Speed Racer on
  • Options

Wwwwwwwow

I would've assumed that those kinds of protections were way older than that

Did HIPAA replace an existing confidentiality law or could doctors seriously share your info with whoever the fuck they wanted until the '90s

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

So far it feels like some of those references are a bit uh

Heavy handed

The worst was in episode one when dons like "ITS NOT LIKE THERES SOME KIND OF MAGICAL MACHINE THAT CAN MAKE PERFECT COPIES OF THINGS"

That sorta historical-irony thing drops off dramatically after the first season

• Options

Wwwwwwwow

Did HIPAA replace an existing confidentiality law or could doctors seriously share your info with whoever the fuck they wanted until the '90s

Well before HIPAA there was no federal law regulating the privacy of medical records

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I wish my grandfather was alive so he could watch Mad Men and I could ask him about his opinions. He was an Ad Man at a big ad firm in the 1960's.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I'm definitely curious to see where the heck this thing goes

So far this doesn't feel like something that could sustain itself for 7 seasons so I'm curious to see how it gets there

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular

Wwwwwwwow

I mean, there was still the Hippocratic oath, but it was more in the fact about protecting your reputation (while also trying to properly care for your patient). It's why you would still have issues where doctors would publish their diaries after a famous patient had died (because they no longer needed to protect that relationship) or would refrain from telling a person they were dying but still tell that person's family.

It's a lot of interpretation throughout history. If I can convince myself that morally I'm in the clear by opening my mouth then there isn't anything to stop me from doing it unless a law prohibits it.

• Options
    Mad Men is one of the only shows on TV that is almost 100% impossible to predict

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

Wwwwwwwow

there has always been a general idea of confidentiality since the birth of modern medicine with the Greeks, but that doesn't mean people applied it consistently and especially not in the case of women, again depending on the doctor.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular

Wwwwwwwow

there has always been a general idea of confidentiality since the birth of modern medicine with the Greeks, but that doesn't mean people applied it consistently and especially not in the case of women, again depending on the doctor.

Exactly.

Doc tells himself he's helping keep the family in order by tattling on the wife and making it easier for the husband to keep the peace because bitches be crazy

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Mad Men is one of the only shows on TV that is almost 100% impossible to predict
    Lawnmower

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    This last episode of Veep was terrific. I didn't know how badly I needed a team-up of Jonah and Richard until this week. This is show at the peak of its powers. More of you dummies need to watch it.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular

If they don't investigate the Tanner family curse with this set up I'll be disapointed

I'm down as long as Saget plays the dirty grampa.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »

Wwwwwwwow

Exactly.

Doc tells himself he's helping keep the family in order by tattling on the wife and making it easier for the husband to keep the peace because bitches be crazy

And well, the husband is paying for it!

Why shouldn't he know?

He might take his business else where!

This discussion has been closed.