As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV]I've Already Consumed The Required Calories For This Day Period

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I've never watched Mad Men due to my strange dislike of the actor that play's Angel's kid. I will now try to rectify that.

Don't worry. Disliking him actually helps with the show. They exploit the hell out of his punchable face.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Oh god

Mad Men spoilers, I guess
    He's super balding in that clip

I don't think it works as well for the character

Is he balding in like, life?

He just doesn't look quite as much of a little shit without a full head of hair, somehow

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I feel like Pete has become much more likable as the series went on.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I feel like Pete has become much more likable as the series went on.

Probably true, but by that time you're invested enough to overcome any hurdles.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Oh god

Mad Men spoilers, I guess
    He's super balding in that clip

I don't think it works as well for the character

Is he balding in like, life?

He just doesn't look quite as much of a little shit without a full head of hair, somehow

No
    o-VINCENT-KARTHEISER-HAIRLINE-570.jpg

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Mad Men Ep 2
    So Peggy is the main character of this show right? I want her to have taken over by the end of this series.

Also this show is doing a great job at making me hate all men.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Mad Men Ep 2
    So Peggy is the main character of this show right? I want her to have taken over by the end of this series.

Don continues to be the main character but Peggy is 100% the heart of the show

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Mad Men Ep 2

Don continues to be the main character but Peggy is 100% the heart of the show

But Sally's 100% the heart of the show

• Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    just finished episode 9 of Better Call Saul, "Pimento"

the show was solid but not great up till then. then that goddamn brilliant final scene between the brothers colored everything that came before it in a whole new light and elevated the show to Breaking Bad platinum status TV. like, holy shit. i haven't felt this devastated by a piece of fictional media in a long while.

vince gilligan and crew keep hitting it out of the park. it's almost heinous.

anyone who has been feeling so-so about BCS please remain patient. episode 9 will surely convert you into a true believer.

balerbower on
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Episode 6 didn't do that for you already?

• Options
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Episode 6 didn't do that for you already?

Johnathan Banks fucking crushes it in that episode but the actual writing is sort of weirdly cliche

• Options
    To be fair, that episode is disconnected enough from the rest of the show that you could love the episode and still not be sold on the whole series.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    So is anyone else watching Vikings

And is anyone else pretty peeved that they're spending so much time on the court intrigues of Paris and Essex when the show is called fucking Vikings

Like seriously

I like the guy playing the king in Essex, he's the best villain the show has ever had, but whoooooo caaaaaaares

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

And is anyone else pretty peeved that they're spending so much time on the court intrigues of Paris and Essex when the show is called fucking Vikings

Like seriously

I like the guy playing the king in Essex, he's the best villain the show has ever had, but whoooooo caaaaaaares

I haven't started on this season yet
    Wait seriously we go to Paris?

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Like seriously

Spoilers
    Yes

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    It does somewhat follow history. A very sexy history full of shirtless muscly berserkers, badass and beautiful warrior women, and a super swinging king out to collect them all.

There's Floki living a Norse rave none of us were invited to.

And then there is Ragnar skulking in the background watching everyone like a dirty creep that's in on a joke that we couldn't hope to understand Always grinning that shit eating grin of his.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    the news that Vikings spends time on court intrigues in early medieval Essex does more to convince me to watch the show than any amount of vikings ever could

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Finished Parks S6
    I knew ahead of time that the end of the episode was going to be a game changer, but it still gave me tingles. That zoom-out from the team photo was equal parts sad and inspiring.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    This week's Community may have been my favorite one of the season yet

• Options
    Did anyone else catch the Penny Dreadful s2 premiere Monday night? I came by it unexpectedly and was pleasantly surprised. It continues the tradition of being most excellent.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular

Like seriously

I can't complain about political scenes when there is so much glorious siege craft going on.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Macro9 wrote: »
    It does somewhat follow history. A very sexy history full of shirtless muscly berserkers, badass and beautiful warrior women, and a super swinging king out to collect them all.

There's Floki living a Norse rave none of us were invited to.

And then there is Ragnar skulking in the background watching everyone like a dirty creep that's in on a joke that we couldn't hope to understand Always grinning that shit eating grin of his.
    And Ragnar's usually eating a piece of chicken at the same time.

sig.gif
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Did anyone else catch the Penny Dreadful s2 premiere Monday night? I came by it unexpectedly and was pleasantly surprised. It continues the tradition of being most excellent.

I thought it came out in a couple weeks?

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Like seriously

history spoiler alert the vikings actually wrecked paris' shit several times.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    hoodie13 wrote: »

I thought it came out in a couple weeks?

It's on YouTube and showtimes site. I came across it on Audience channel or whatever it's called. I just read that the ones online maybe edited for younger people. TV14 or what have you. So I imagine just cutting skin. I doubt the violence matters much to censors Ahaha.

Edit

https://youtu.be/u8LdbYbhnTI

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    This week's Mad Men
    I like that twice, Don tries to tell people what to do by relying on his authority position without actually earning it. Especially with Mathis, who he says "has no character". Boy Don, that is rich, coming from you.

Of course, he actually gives Sally the hard truth. She is like him and Betty. I don't think he meant it the way the audience hears it though.

• Options

Fuck, already?
    Man, how did that sneak up on me

• Options
    Ah, I see

• Options
    January Jones (Betty Draper): I went to the audition, and all Matt asked us to do was shout the word “advertising.”

Matthew Weiner: It’s a show about advertising, so anyone we cast would have to be able to say “advertising” very loudly.

Ed Carroll: Matt’s rule was whoever could shout the word “advertising” the loudest got to be in the show.

Jon Hamm: I am Hamm.

John Slattery (Roger Sterling): I knew I nailed the audition because I yelled “advertising” into a megaphone. Nobody else auditioning for Roger had thought to bring a megaphone.
    Clickhole's Oral History of Mad Men

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    oh hey people just watching Mad Men that actually spoils some real stuff

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Clickhole is the best.

THE BEST.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I can totally hear Slattery saying that line. Actually, I can hear Jon Hamm saying his line too.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

It has been a really great season so far. It's so weird that it's happening on Yahoo.

• Options
    Vincent Kartheiser: People say I started ad-libbing those lines about The Pete Campbell Weight-Loss Festival because I hadn’t memorized the script. That’s not true. I had memorized the script. I just hated the script. I believed in The Pete Campbell Weight-Loss Festival. I still think it could work.

I can hear this in Kartheiser's voice perfectly

• Options
    DMAC wrote: »

It has been a really great season so far. It's so weird that it's happening on Yahoo.

large.jpg

I haven't seen the latest ep but It's been kind of a mixed bag so far. Some good episodes, some okay ones.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Official description of the new Muppet Show
    The Muppets return to prime time with a contemporary, documentary-style show that—for the first time ever—will explore the Muppets’ personal lives and relationships, both at home and at work, as well as romances, break-ups, achievements, disappointments, wants and desires; a more adult Muppet show, for kids of all ages.

It is a Office/S1 Parks and Rec mockumentary style show focusing on The Muppets as they make and perform the show but also following their personal lives outside of it

I am 1000% down

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Vincent Kartheiser: People say I started ad-libbing those lines about The Pete Campbell Weight-Loss Festival because I hadn’t memorized the script. That’s not true. I had memorized the script. I just hated the script. I believed in The Pete Campbell Weight-Loss Festival. I still think it could work.

I can hear this in Kartheiser's voice perfectly

Yes, I am Hamm.

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    DMAC wrote: »

large.jpg

I haven't seen the latest ep but It's been kind of a mixed bag so far. Some good episodes, some okay ones.

I'm not raving about it but I'm enjoying it more than last season. Last season seemed to be trying too hard to keep up the gimmick/theme episodes whereas this season seems to be getting back to more character stuff. I kind of fell in love with Gillian Jacobs again watching the latest ep.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Watching Hell's Kitchen makes me want to punch either some scallops or an undercooked piece of halibut.

This discussion has been closed.