Options

i'm buff, i'm the stuff, and the wrestling thread just can't get enough!

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    actually I'm very upset the turdaissaince happened after submissions were closed for the sign contest

Workshop something and I'll add it to the final round.

Picture of Brock with 'Giant Douche' next to a picture of Roman Reigns with 'Turd Sandwich'.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The first HW after Mania 31 I'm pushing to be Halloween Havoc 1999 in honor of Vince Russo comparing himself to Jesus.

And it's on April Fools Day which is so appropriate.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Am I the only one left watching Mania 2?

• Options
    I just got home to join in. Work and store and all that today.

Where are we at?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I just got home to join in. Work and store and all that today.

Where are we at?

2 and a half hours in.

• Options
    Huh, guess I'm just in time for...some empty spot, then the main event.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I don't know if I'm going to be able to top turdaissance, but I'll see what I can do

• Options
    Oh boy, was the entire thing just ridiculous celebrities? Sheesh.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    off to a great start

W9VkQ8u.jpg

• Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    You know how you were all talking about Romans eyes.
    What if they're not contacts but something more sinister

what if he wasn't injured...
    follow the money

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Wrestlemania Turdy-One

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    aaaaaaand Radius nails it

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    So my new question is: why haven't Barrett and Flint adopted the tag team name of Realest Dads in the Room yet?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    More DeMott stories, less on the abuse side and more on the micro management side.
    Since a lot of DeMott stories are coming out with him gone, one of them is that at the NXT Takeover show, he was the agent for the Kevin Owens vs. C.J. Parker match. So the match you saw was the match they worked out. DeMott didn't like it between not wanting so many moves in the opener and didn't like the big guy doing the flip dive (which is funny because DeMott first made his name in Japan by being a 300 pound guy who always did a moonsault). Steen complained to Levesque about it and Levesque just said to let Kevin do what he wants. This led to a lot of jealousy because you've got the guys Levesque is building the NXT around who get to do what they want and everyone else, who is micro-managed and told not to wrestle the indie-style which is the style that gets over the best in front of their indie crowds.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Ok so I've been watching Botchamania again in order, and 92 is probably the best one yet. It was solely dedicated to TNA Victory Road 09 which featured one of the worst matches ever, Sharmel vs Jenna Marasca. Because of that it had the first really great ending which spawned the minus 5 stars gimmick. Recommended!

http://wwwbotchamaniaarchive.com/botchamania-92/

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    so DeMott had achieved peak boredom and thus went insane

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    More DeMott stories, less on the abuse side and more on the micro management side.
    Since a lot of DeMott stories are coming out with him gone, one of them is that at the NXT Takeover show, he was the agent for the Kevin Owens vs. C.J. Parker match. So the match you saw was the match they worked out. DeMott didn't like it between not wanting so many moves in the opener and didn't like the big guy doing the flip dive (which is funny because DeMott first made his name in Japan by being a 300 pound guy who always did a moonsault). Steen complained to Levesque about it and Levesque just said to let Kevin do what he wants. This led to a lot of jealousy because you've got the guys Levesque is building the NXT around who get to do what they want and everyone else, who is micro-managed and told not to wrestle the indie-style which is the style that gets over the best in front of their indie crowds.

I can honestly see why the other guys are jealous, if the perception is that guys like Owens have the boss's ear. Honestly, they shouldn't be putting arbitrary restrictions on anybody like that.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Looks like somebody's getting a super special entrance at Mania...

EDIT: Spoilered! Sorry...

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    bill the mott

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I really want Rusev to win

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Bray Rusev needs to win. The build he had last year was perfect and beating Cena at mania would really bring him up to the main event.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    NXT live spoilers
    Shit NXT is gonna be in San Jose the Friday before Mania.
    Do I want to drive five hours for a wrestling show?

...kinda.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    hey do you think you could spoiler that

i know some of us are avoiding information like that to preserve the surprise at mania, is all

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    How do I buy tickets for NXT in San Jose? Tell me now!

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    So, this word making the rounds that NXT is planning a show at the Arena?

AHH!!!!

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Oh man, they don't go on sale for another 4 days.

• Options
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    Bray Rusev needs to win. The build he had last year was perfect and beating Cena at mania would really bring him up to the main event.

Rusev ain't winning. Best case scenario is they make it a cage match with Cena winning by falling to the outside so Rusev doesn't have to get pinned.

But really though, it won't torpedo his career losing to Cena unless Vince loses interest in him.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Pitchfork's interview about the new Mountain Goats album, Beat The Champ, all about wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lqy7KBuO7Y
    ("The Legend of Chavo Guerrero")
    [John] Darnielle grew up in Southern California, and when he flipped through Saturday morning and late-night TV, he would find wrestling broadcasts in both English and Spanish. There were local heroes and villains, along with guys like Andre the Giant, who would roll through town every now and then to leave fans like Darnielle in awe. "[Andre] comes walking in, and people just flock to him like he was a Messianic creature," he remembers of one live event. He actually shook the icon’s hand, too. "I remember this feeling, like my hand was vanishing in his—so cool."

A few of the album’s tracks are about specific people, like its lead single, "The Legend of Chavo Guerrero", which is an ode to Darnielle’s childhood hero. Meanwhile, "Stabbed to Death Outside San Juan" tells the tragic story about Bruiser Brody’s murder, and "Luna" is about the 2010 fire that destroyed many of veteran female wrestler Luna Vachon’s possessions. But Beat the Champ isn't just filled with historical accounts of noteworthy wrestlers and uncomplicated glorification of spilled blood and broken bones. It’s an album that details the quiet moments before the fans pile into the arena, the late nights on the road, and the emotional wear that comes from getting heckled by strangers. "I loved you before I even ever knew what love was like," Darnielle sings in a song called "Hair Match". These are wrestling stories, for sure, but they’re also human stories.

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I'd rather someone else end Rusev's streak for sure. But even after Cena someone beating Rusev will be a big deal.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I'd rather someone else end Rusev's streak for sure. But even after Cena someone beating Rusev will be a big deal.

Who beat Kurt Angle after Taz ended the streak? Nobody cares.
    Who beat Goldberg after Kevin Nash ended the streak? Nobody cares.
    Who beat Tatanka after Ludvig Borga ended his unbeaten streak? Nobody cares (I'm joking, everybody cares about this!).

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Who beat Kurt Angle after Taz ended the streak? Nobody cares.
    Who beat Goldberg after Kevin Nash ended the streak? Nobody cares.
    Who beat Tatanka after Ludvig Borga ended his unbeaten streak? Nobody cares (I'm joking, everybody cares about this!).

Someone beating Goldberg after Nash did it was sorta still a big deal since it was a rare happening.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I know I've said this before, but Rusev being beaten by Cena isn't to build Cena, it's to build Rusev.

The point isn't that John Cena is really great because look, he beat Rusev, it's that it took the number one face in the company, the practically unbeatable John Cena, to beat Rusev. And he needed two tries.

And once that happens, he stops being the US Champion, meaning he can actually move up to a higher level. And he can be booked more naturally against people because they no longer have to go with BS finishes every time he has to lose.

And that's without considering that he's never going to get a better first (real) loss than Patriot John Cena at WrestleMania. Dolph Ziggler at Extreme Rules? Sandow at Payback? Ryback at MitB?

Rusev needs to lose the US title and he needs to eat a pinfall. I mean, I think they'll have him pass out again to protect him or maybe even have Lana throw in the towel and that's how he gets to go "I never tapped" and Lana gets sent back to Russia for the duration of the filming of "Interrogation", but I believe they'd be much better off to have him eat a Super AA off the top rope and be pinned off that.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    A pass out or towel throw would be fine.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    im going to beat rusev

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »
    im going to beat rusev

At checkers?

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Wrestling has a long history of people whose main attraction was an undefeated streak and whose heat sputtered out after that was taken away

And there's also heaps of people who were just fine when they lost their undefeated status

Rusev could go either way I reckon

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Tyrant526Tyrant526 Registered User regular
    Can we spoiler any wrestlemania spoiler stuff? I would have liked to not have read that tweet.

Maul360.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    Wrestling has a long history of people whose main attraction was an undefeated streak and whose heat sputtered out after that was taken away

And there's also heaps of people when they lost their undefeated status

Rusev could go either way I reckon

Rusev doesn't just have the streak though, he has the whole pro-Russia persona that as long as Putin keeps doing vile shit will keep drawing heat.

I don't see Vince giving up on him anytime soon either but another issue might be him having to wait his turn for a main event title run in front of Seth and Bray. And maybe even Roman.

This discussion has been closed.