As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Party Ideas

MeisterMeister Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
My friends and I are having an afterprom party (it's probably just going to be a small group of friends, about 12 people or so), but we're out of ideas of what to do. Usually we just play poker, wii, watch a movie, or something. I remember there might have been a thread here or in G&T about games (not video games, like board games or card games), but i can't find it. I already have Flux, Taboo, and Cranium, and am planning on getting Apples to Apples because most people have seen most the cards in Taboo and Cranium.

Besides that though, I'm stuck. Any suggestions?

3DS friend code friend code: 4485-1155-2584
Meister on

• tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Shouldnt there be sex and copious amounts of illegally obtained alchohol at the after prom party? Things sure have changed since I was in highschool. Those games seem pretty cool I guess, I would suggest twister.

tech_hunter on
    Sig to mucho Grande!
  • MeisterMeister Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yah, there will be alcohol, but no probably no sex.

edit: that reminds me something I forgot to mention. There will probably be about 3 girls there, one being my girlfriend, another being a girl who is sort of going out with one of my friends (she's cool and all, but very christian so she probably won't be drinking and what not).

Meister on
    3DS friend code friend code: 4485-1155-2584
  • tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I would not discount the christian friend, it has been my experience that sometimes they can really let loose on certain ocassions, but just have a good time and if she isnt into some of the activities try to see to it that people dont bug her about it.

tech_hunter on
    Sig to mucho Grande!
  • ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    12 people?why isn't music and beer enough?
    I guess 12 people can get kinda small and a little boring if everyone isn't the most fun ever. Try a drinking game?

Zonkytonkman on
  • DioltasDioltas Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Might I reccomend the game Apples to Apples. Alcohol will only make it more hillarious.

Dioltas on
  • ddahcmaiddahcmai Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Alcohol + Twister = Good.

ddahcmai on
  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Beer pong.

Can't go wrong with beer pong.

Filler Inc. on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If you have a ps2, Guitar Hero.

Kyougu on
  • Re: nholderRe: nholder Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Filler wrote: »
    Beer pong.

Second! But watch out. If you suck, you will most likely not remember the night.

Re: nholder on
  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Filler wrote: »
    Beer pong.

Second! But watch out. If you suck, you will most likely not remember the night.

Even if you suck, it usually comes down to one cup each anyways. It's a fun game, but that last cup is always a bitch.

Filler Inc. on
  • PkErthbndPkErthbnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You should totally play what my friends and I play: Apples to Assholes.

It's just like Apples to Apples, but instead of the person, place, or thing, you replace it with names of the people at the party or friends in common. It gets pretty funny, and always includes bragging rights.

PkErthbnd on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Generally planning things for Parties is a bad idea. We just set things up for folks and let them do their own thing. Had about 16 or so people round for a bbq recently. I got in some cheap vodka, archers and malibu (lotsa girlies, hence girly drinks), put them on an optic outside, got the bbq going, set up the wii in the living room and everyone came and just had fun. No need to plan too much.

Odd thing to say but I find good lighting always helps parties, if it's dark or too artificially lit it tends to kill the mood.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I agree, planning for parties might not work like you think. The closest to "planning" might be a themed party. But as far as "what activities should we do" planning, it can be kinda risky. As sometimes people will not want to play along with your games/ideas and it can make the party go to shit. Rather I would just leave the option open for certain things to do, and let the party progress naturally.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • JPArbiterJPArbiter Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Shouldnt there be sex and copious amounts of illegally obtained alchohol at the after prom party? Things sure have changed since I was in highschool. Those games seem pretty cool I guess, I would suggest twister.

Naked Twister, with just the girls, and rub baby oil on them first

JPArbiter on
    Sinning since 1983
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    JPArbiter wrote: »

Naked Twister, with just the girls, and rub baby oil on them first

Can I come to this party?

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • the muffinthe muffin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    What is beer pong, my dad just got a 24 case of Peroni so I have beer to drink.

the muffin on
  • Re: nholderRe: nholder Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Re: nholder on
  • MotherFireflyMotherFirefly Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    There's a battle of the sexes game that's actually pretty fun, I'm sure it'd be interesting with three girls and 9 guys.

My friends and I don't drink so we typically have lots of stuff out, we also just play dumb games like never have I ever, truth or dare and Flashlight tag (running around a house with all the windows blacked out and no lights on is pretty fun...

MotherFirefly on