As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NINTENDO 3DS: THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

134689100

Posts

  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I just bought a circle pad pro for Monster Hunter. Works great and saved me like 200 bucks.

    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    Foomy
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    You'll get a bit of a skewed opinion from all of us early adopters who mostly wanted the shiny new thing. If you're happy with the 3DS you have now than there isn't .If you're coming from the original small 3DS I'd say there's more of an argument. Many people, not all, like the bigger screens on the bigger system. if you have the old XL it's a harder to justify upgrade. the C-stick is really good in games that support it, but those are few. the faster processor is faster, but not world changing. Amiibo support is very meh. They're cool, just way less practical on a portable system.



    If I hadn't camped out for an MM3DS I would have waited too. At least until another SE I liked came along. I had a smash edition so it had to be something real good to make me get rid of it.
    wunderbar wrote: »
    I don't know if there will be many games that *require* the new systems, but what i think you'll see is that there will be a bunch of games that will control waaaay better with the c-stick as an option. I'm playing Monster Hunter 4 right now and I can't imagine trying to play it on the old 3DS without the second stick. That might be what ends up pushing a lot of people to upgrade. Not so much an absolute requirement, but it'll just make it better enough.
    I played the MH4 demo on the old XL. It is terrible.

    Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah, my upgrade conditions were basically:
    Is there some OMGWTF Xenoblade model? (Apparently not)
    Is there a killer app I must play? (No, already have Xenoblade at 90%+ clear on Wii)
    Do I get back $200+ in tax return?

    Of course then life finds "Does my 3DS break".

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015


    Polaritie wrote: »
    Yeah, my upgrade conditions were basically:
    Is there some OMGWTF Xenoblade model? (Apparently not)
    Is there a killer app I must play? (No, already have Xenoblade at 90%+ clear on Wii)
    Do I get back $200+ in tax return?

    Of course then life finds "Does my 3DS break".

    Your 3DS died for your entertainment pleasure sins.

    Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
    XerinkDonnictonStormwatcher
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    what do you think the odds of a xenoblade xl coming out are

  • Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    I think they would have announced one when they announced the release date for the game.

  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I think they would have announced one when they announced the release date for the game.

    Yeah and they announced faceplates. so probably no SE model. An SE XL that looked like the faceplates would have been awesome though.

    Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    For me, until a nice pink shade comes out to compliment/add to my collection I'm not really interested. I bought my pink/white 3DSXL because at the time it was a limited edition (despite the really cheap two tone scheme). The only game I was interested in playing came out nine months later.

    Granted, I haven't tried the new 3D yet...

    baudattitude
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Sonofabitch.

    I assumed, stupidly, that my default sd card could at least handle two games. So I added funds to buy fire emblem: awakening as my first purchase on my monster hunter ds, and then realized that unless I delete monster hunter itself I'm shit out of luck.

    What is this I don't even.
    Kid Presentable
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Hang on, is the new Nintendo 3DS XL micor SD only, or do they just have micro compatibility as well now? The nintendo website only references micro compatibility.

    What is this I don't even.
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Hang on, is the new Nintendo 3DS XL micor SD only, or do they just have micro compatibility as well now? The nintendo website only references micro compatibility.

    New 3DS XL is micro only.

    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    anything far larger than the default is cheap

    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Alright, I found a spare micro SD that I had from a cell phone. Chances are there's some data on this SD card that I'd like to save, but I don't have a thing to read it on my PC atm. Will the DS automatically format the SD card when I put it in, or can I wirelessly move everything off it (like I did with my save data) before that?

    What is this I don't even.
  • Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    Wait till you get the thing to copy the old contents to your PC, and then onto the new, larger micro SD card. I think it is possible to swap back and forth between multiple SD cards, but you can only do the system transfer with the contents of one, and prying that back panel off every time would be a nightmare. You'll want to get Monster Hunter onto the new card, and then download Fire Emblem onto it as well. Save yourself a lot of headaches.

  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    yea, swapping the microSD card on anything close a regular basis on the new XL is not a practical thing to do. you can find 32GB cards for $20 or so now. Just get one of those and toss it in.

    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Alright, I found a spare micro SD that I had from a cell phone. Chances are there's some data on this SD card that I'd like to save, but I don't have a thing to read it on my PC atm. Will the DS automatically format the SD card when I put it in, or can I wirelessly move everything off it (like I did with my save data) before that?

    The 3DS will not touch data already present on the micro SD card. With my original system, I just grabbed an 16GB SD card out of a drawer and stuck it in and didn't realize that it had 12GB photos already on it until I went to download my third or fourth game and was told that I was out of space.

  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Square Enix survey

    If you want to tell them to finally fucking make The World Ends With You 2 or to localize some games, this would be the place.

    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    vagrant_windsTalithDrezDonnictonNeurotikaKalnaur
  • harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    I told them to make a Final Fantasy 5 prequel, release every DQ title in the west, and release everything on Steam.

    B6yM5w2.gif
  • DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    I told them to send all the Dragon Quest. Send it all!!!

    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
    Donnicton
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I told them to stop being dumb asses and localize Dragon Quest 7 already.

    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    DrezDonnicton
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I wrote in what both @Maz- and @skeldare said because if they don't bring DQ7 here they are fucking dumb.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    I also specified that Plus Alpha translating it is a requirement. Dragon Quest translated by anyone else is a pale shadow of what they do, as the lifeless translation in DQVI proved.

  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I just suggested that if they're not going to do DQ themselves, at least make the licensing fees reasonable so a smaller outfit could consider picking it up.

  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    [Wrong thread]

    Donnicton on
  • WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    FYI if you are on the fence about upgrading to New 3DS for Monster Hunter 4 it works just fine on old hardware. If you played previous iterations it is only an improvement (target cam makes it easy, no more Claw). I should note, however, that I did upgrade eventually because I tried the new 3D and wanted it bad for MH.

  • McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Now that I've finished Majora's Mask my 3DS usage has dropped off again, but damn do I want a new fancy one just because new and fancy.

  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Some of these survey questions are oddly designed. Specifically the section about "how familiar are you with these franchises." Like, I'm super familiar with several of them but I'm not ACTIVELY playing them...like what are the chances I'd be playing a Legacy of Kain game since there hasn't been a new one in forever (Nosgoth does not count at all)? But I feel like checking "played before but not anymore" is a strike against the game, when in reality I would of course loooooooooooooooooooooove a new Kain.

    So are people going to be getting Codename STEAM? I've not seen much chatter about it of late.

    Talith
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    Some of these survey questions are oddly designed. Specifically the section about "how familiar are you with these franchises." Like, I'm super familiar with several of them but I'm not ACTIVELY playing them...like what are the chances I'd be playing a Legacy of Kain game since there hasn't been a new one in forever (Nosgoth does not count at all)? But I feel like checking "played before but not anymore" is a strike against the game, when in reality I would of course loooooooooooooooooooooove a new Kain.

    So are people going to be getting Codename STEAM? I've not seen much chatter about it of late.

    Lots of talk about the game

    Definitely looking forward to it.

    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    vamen
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    *forehead slap*
    I forgot to look for it's own thread, ha. Thanks =)

  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I tried my best to indicate I want more TWEWY, FFT / OT / FFTA, and Ogre Battle style games in the survey. I don't actually expect anything of it but hey if there is an official space to voice my interests then sure why not.

    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Square Enix survey

    If you want to tell them to finally fucking make The World Ends With You 2 or to localize some games, this would be the place.

    It's been noted by a number of people that nowhere on that survey are there any Vita-related options. How insultingly typical.

    Darth_MogsReynoldsMagic Pink
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    FINALLY got an opportunity to see the New 3DS in action.

    Damn that improved 3D effect is fucking nice. C'mon Shoppers Drug Mart! Hurry up and stock some New 3DSes already. These Optimum Points are burning a hole in my proverbial wallet.

    steam_sig.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    Square Enix survey

    If you want to tell them to finally fucking make The World Ends With You 2 or to localize some games, this would be the place.

    It's been noted by a number of people that nowhere on that survey are there any Vita-related options. How insultingly typical.

    For a while there wasn't even an option for Wii U or 3DS either.

    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I told them, in essence, that they feel like they're playing it too safe, and that what most of us like are the good old standbys peppered with the weird shit both companies were known for.

    Also, that Steam is big, and that I only use that or the 3DS right now to play games on.

    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

    Ragnar Dragonfyre
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    I told them to stop being dumb asses and localize Dragon Quest 7 already.

    Shit... wish I had said that.

    Instead I asked they stop telling stories about teenagers saving the world.

    steam_sig.png
    Chiselphane
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I told them, in essence, that they feel like they're playing it too safe, and that what most of us like are the good old standbys peppered with the weird shit both companies were known for.

    Also, that Steam is big, and that I only use that or the 3DS right now to play games on.

    Sort of what I told them, myself!
    I also mentioned that the new Thief has some good gameplay but was a shadow of its former self and the amazing world the original games created was butchered while also destroying one of gaming's greatest protaganists.

  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    FYI if you are on the fence about upgrading to New 3DS for Monster Hunter 4 it works just fine on old hardware. If you played previous iterations it is only an improvement (target cam makes it easy, no more Claw). I should note, however, that I did upgrade eventually because I tried the new 3D and wanted it bad for MH.

    There are also upgraded textures on the N3DS version. I can't imagine playing without the cstick now that I use it often.

    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I told them, in essence, that they feel like they're playing it too safe, and that what most of us like are the good old standbys peppered with the weird shit both companies were known for.

    Also, that Steam is big, and that I only use that or the 3DS right now to play games on.

    Sort of what I told them, myself!
    I also mentioned that the new Thief has some good gameplay but was a shadow of its former self and the amazing world the original games created was butchered while also destroying one of gaming's greatest protaganists.

    I have yet to play Thief. Any Thief. So that wasn't really my focus. My focus was letting them know that all that crazy shit they used to make as either company separately that looked nuts on paper but went well when played and seen should be . . . re-noticed. Basically that I want to see them return to some of their ideas when the 80s and 90s and even some of the 2000s took place and they were still taking more risks with games instead of assuming "what they player wants". Which, to be fair, they themselves realized to a certain extent when Bravely Default did way better than they were expecting over here.

    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I said make bravely third. just in case

    Jars on
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I told them not to underestimate their fans in the west. That we exist, and WERE SMAHT. NOT LIKE PEOPLE SAY, LIKE DUMB. WERE SMAHT AND WE WANT RESPECT!

    Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
    Kalnaur
Sign In or Register to comment.